/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, July 2nd:
866 – Battle of Brissarthe: The Franks led by Robert Baratheon are defeated by a joint Breton-Viking army.
1555 – The Ottoman Admiral Turgut Reis sacks the Italian city of Paola.
1645 – Battle of Alford: Wars of the Seven Kingdoms.
1698 – Thomas Savery patents the first steam engine.
1776 – The Continental Congress adopts a resolution severing ties with the Kingdom of Great Britain although the wording of the formal Declaration of Independence is not approved until July 4.

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 11 - The End of Days
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-developer-diary-11-the-end-of-days.950847

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.1 - 20/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/Did HPM fix the economy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Nicholas

Anyone recall the name of the memey Victoria 2 mod where China colonized California and the England/France union formed?

Did HPM fix the economy yet?

ITT: Say what your favorite Grand Strategy game is and your least favorite thing about it

lol fuck that bro that's dumb af bro

It's been fixed for 2 weeks

It has other issues, but they're not a result of HPM

CK2

all the memey shit and border gore it produces.
also no pops

Life is Strange
Not being able to marry warryn

pfft haha no you colossal faggot

get fucked LOSER

You asked this last thread already.
You also asked the same thing for the last 4 days.
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/Did HPM fix the economy/
No matter the answer you always spam the same thing.

Judging by the reaction last thread, I'd say it's just a steamgroup spam.

>still using the reddit infopic without DH
Kill yourself OP

If I make it to Vic, I'm curious as to how the populations will be treated.

And there's always autists like you to point it out and shit the thread even more than simply reporting and/or ignoring

FATAL

Victoria 2.
Combat system.

Reminder to pay for the games you play

Victoria 2
Liquor meme

Reposting from the archive.

The list of /gsg/ approved anime:

>GOAT tier
Legend of Galactic Heroes
The Cockpit

>Very good tier
Zipang
Jin-Roh the Wolf Brigade
Royal Space Force (The Wings of Honneamise)
Hyouge Mono

>Interesting tier
Kumo no You ni, Kaze no You ni
Flag
Night Raid 1931
The Rose of Versailles and Eikou no Napoleon – Eroica
Miss Hokusai
Schwarzesmarken
Berserk

>PTSD tier
Grave of the Fireflies
Barefoot Gen

>Comfy SoL tier
Sora No Woto
Pumpkin Scissors

>Ok tier
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Mobile Suit Gundam 08
Mobile Suit Gundam I
Turn A Gundam
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Code Geass

Vicky 2
Lack of inflation/regional pricing

Based anime autist

EU4

it's too complex and difficult

consider suicide

F R Y S K
R
Y
S
K

Vicky 2
Not being able to form the Iberian Union but being able to form the Durrani Empire

Huh, I actually agree.

CK2 tier, Arslan Senki.

>HPMeme
Play a better mod

Better than HPM? Hard to find.
Not that you steamgroup fags care though, you just want to kick him out.

>Legend of Galactic Heroes
I'll concur. It's very good, but I feel it was half-assed towards the middle to end

Reinhardt:

>muh Kircheis
>muh sister

Wenli:
>muh democracy
>muh freedom
>dies like a faggot

Minci:
>muh Wenli

Ending:
>muh constitutional monarchy is best government
>everything is bound to go back how it was

Teaching Feeling

You can't have anal sex with Sylvie

try NNM you retarded reddit migrant

The Iberian Union has been dead for over 100 years at the start time of Vicky 2. The Durrani Empire had been dead for 10.

Lacks a lot.of good shit HPM has and it has too much PDM shit.
Go take your Ritalin.

>m-muh steamgruppe boogeyman
Kill yourself

The iberian union never existed as a country, so it can't be dead.

>
wew lad, if anything HPM is the PDM copycat with all the meme economy changes
NNM has literally no changes to the economy and it's better that way
go build your steel factories

/gsg/ would a Zoroastrian mega campaign be too memey? I think it might just me

>NNM
> has too much PDM shit.
wew

game has reached an unplayable state, time barely goes forward at speed 5.

don't even know how to break britain, they have like 10k planes...

Most of the so called "flavors" are just irrelevant bloats anyway. The only thing better in HPM are the fixes. But the moment you mention you don't like the mod you are considered an evil steamgruppe memer in these autists' eyes.

You always post the same thing, usually badmouthing hpm without any specific criticism, yelling about reddit, sperimg about hpm or 'r&i' or spamming about Alex. Its pretty easy to spot your posts.

HPM doesn't have any new goods.
Alright, I will enjoy the mod I like while you sperg about HPM.

I don't like the election spam or minister modifiers.

Considering was from an Old Gods start, I can only imagine how beautiful a Charlememe start would be.
Didn't MCL do that last year for one of his segments?

>everyone who doesn't suck alex's brazilian balls is the same person
wew

>historical events are bloat
You can always play vanilla if you want your games without any flavor.

How the fuck do you play Asturias without the Muslims wrecking your shit?

I didn't say that. I said you are part of the same group, not the same person, because of your MO.
Not that you care anyway. You just want to kick him out and destroy /gsg/

Ally Charlemagne?

Ally Karlings, lure them into mountains. Boat bomb them if possible.

What's "boat bomb"?

>You just want to kick him out and destroy /gsg/
Right, because getting rid of the person who's bringing in tons of ledditors a day that are constantly killing /gsg/'s culture would somehow destroy /gsg/.
Fuck off cuck

And your shitty answer is always the same, why the fuck do you think it's just one person/steamgruppe? If anything, you are that one guy who keeps defending it like a stupid fanboy. Sorry for having a different taste and expressing my opinion. Dont you think its funny that HPM is the only thing you are not allowed to talk shit about in this general?
Cry more you stupid drone

talex

go on the offensive asap
those fucks have a revolt every other year

Trick them into attacking a small stack on a mountain over a river, whatever, and then send reinforcements from a boat you have nearby.

1.1 pirate patch where? All I see is 1.1 beta patches not the official patch oploaded

also how the fuck do I download mods if I pirate the game? there's no where to download

>1.1 pirate patch where?
Steam, go buy it.

Alright guys I'm in the middle of a French game in vanilla HOI3, since it's on another computer I unfortunately cannot post screenshots at the time.

Anyway, it's early 1940 and I have both Spain and Italy in the Allies since 1938. Now I managed to push up to a Karlssruhe-Stutgart-Ulm-Austria frontline in fall 1939 with my Eastern Army and the Southern Army (Alps Army + African units) attacking from Italy with ample Italian and Spanish support + the British Gibraltar Forces.

It was going pretty well since my infantry was equipped with modern equipement as well as AT and Artillery support brigades. They were able to hold the lines while my reformed&modernized 1st and 2nd Motorized Corps advanced.

The problem came when the AI sent all of its air unity from Poland back to the western front. My units started losing morale very quickly and I had to retreat back to the Maginot line (in orderly fashion tahankfully, no unity were lost).

Now I am constructing interceptors and TACs but they wont be ready till June. Any ideas on how to contain the German Blitz through April-May and afterwards?
Note that I did construct additional fortifications on the Luxemburg and Belgian borders (about up to Sedan).

Pls help, I dont want to have to evacutae to NA like in my last France game.

Vicky 2.
Dice.
I have 10 army techs. They have 5. 60k forces shouldn't be losing TWO THOUSAND men a fucking day while they lose 300.

Is pretty obvious it's the same group when its your group declared objective and its always the same things, always sperging when you see hpm mentioned or even hinted at.
You are allowed to talk shit about anyone you want. I'm allowed to call you on talking shit on someone just because you want to expel him.

How do I make them be friends with me?

What do you mean by lure them into the mountains? They just holy war my western provinces one at a time, and the only mountains are in Muslim territory on their border with the Franks.

How am I supposed to do that with an army like a third their size?

Like with everything raised and my vassal levies I got like 1,500 troops at max, and they roll in with a 3k stack.

That requires having boats and the battles to happen on coastal areas.

BASED

hoard some cash and hire mercs

Marry someone with them.

You are right about all these things except replying to them. They only get more butthurt and shitpost more when you give them attention. They are powerless to kick HPM out, just report their posts and ignore them. Unless you want to bait them in sperging out, of course.

>My autistic endeavours to make this list lives on
Sasuga shitposters

It's always fun to call them out and see them sperg.

>How do I make them be friends with me?
Marriages.

>What do you mean by lure them into the mountains?
Set some bait, with some small stack resting on a mountain. Enemy will hopefully try and attack them. Once you're certain they've taken the bait, move your reinforcements.

Or swear fealty and ignore any revoke county messages. Build up the gold for mercs that way. Though expel the Jews before doing that.

tgrandi

Huh
Exploiting the AI feels like cheating

Any V2 modders in here?

At what militancy do rebels start organizing and is there an easy way to slow it down or something? I was debating adding a weird decision for it but this would be infinitely cleaner

I'm tired of rebels consitently permanently fucking 15-30% of nations in my playthroughs.

Thinking about doing a Poland-Lithuania game in Vicky II, what government should I have and where should I expand?

Oh, I've been using my cash to keep upgrading my castles so I have bigger levies. Are mercs a better idea?

They don't take bait, they set a holy war on my province and ignore everything outside of that province.

>holy war for Leon
>they b-line for Leon and never stop or attend to anything else
>holy war for Coruna
>they b-line for Coruna and never stop or attend to anything else
etc

Facist of course

>I'm not trying to kick modders out
>I'm not trying to destroy /gsg/
>These are just our declared objectives
>There's a big reddit conspiracy you gotta believe me kicking quality content creators is good for us

Only way it will make sense is if it is a monarchy

Just pass reforms m8

>quality content creators
t. steel pro

Divergences or something like that

Based Steamgroup
Cobra is based

Divergences of Darkness, don't think it works with the wiz update though

Does only the ruler's choice of marriage count or can marrying/betrothing my kids off help? Do I need to marrying someone like a princess or whatever or do courtiers improve relations too?

King Aurelio just married Charlemagne's aunt, so hopefully we're off to a good start.

You need to marry a karling.
Tooltips explain effects and you can see allies/relations in your ruler's tab.

Lads should I stay as a Maronite kingdom or convert to faith of the crusaders?
Then should I make my culture Levantine or do I stay Mashriq?

Rate my world after the Great War.
Britain and Italy were dismantled, with the territories split between Russia, Japan and the US.
Look carefully, and find all the spicy memes.

I still refuse to believe that there are actually people who spent several hours every week living and acting like a meme persona.

What do you with the French? I attacked them over a trade war after they blocked Paris' riches to me, should I settle for monetary compensation so there's a strong French state for me to fight even now and then or should I set up small French client states and fracture them?

It's for the bots

>hating on memers
sup meneth

stay masriq
push the crusaders out

>unironically defending Grandimod
Hellooooooo alex

This shit is so surreal, I can't believe there are people this pathetic and autistic.

>liege enforcing realm peace
how do i stop this meme

red is your must have borders
take yellow if you have the time

Wow, great job Paradox.

Meneth was recently disposed by Paradox because of the Stellaris wiki disaster. He's now living in a social building project.

t. insider

This shit is legit unwinnable.

Tell me more about this wiki disaster. You better not be memeing me

Take the ~300 years to clean up the borders a bit.

Fix those blobs m8

>if you have time
I can probably still take 80% of Europe if I wanted to blob, but I'm trying to stay small with a fully developed heartland