/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Comfy factories edition.

Previous ded: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise:
Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, Avorion, From the Depths, Factorio, REM, Robocraft, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org
[YouTube] Official Starmade Trailer (embed)
Server: NASSzone
IP: nasszone.com:4242

Avorion
>avorion.net/
>/egg/ approved server: 149.202.65.190

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com
>/egg/heim idea bin: pastebin.com/Tmk14sf2 (embed)

Factorio:
>factorio.com/
>guide.factorio.com/index.html
>steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio

REM:
>www.remproject.wordpress.com
>youtube.com/channel/UCzp2XM98-FcFWAqhFjnxSbg

Robocraft:
>robocraftgame.com

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com/machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: [YouTube] Machinecraft Basic Intro Tutorial [152] (embed)

Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>store.steampowered.com/app/325420/
>homebrewgame.com/

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
>[YouTube] Besiege Alpha Trailer (embed)

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

Scrap Mechanic:
>store.steampowered.com/app/387990/

Robot Arena 2:
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dp2X5_HrH-U
youtube.com/watch?v=B7QF0QsjkY8
youtube.com/watch?v=NVo-f9jvZqs
youtube.com/watch?v=MZBIy-Q9hz0
youtube.com/watch?v=blevJ-6zBdU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for keen

meow

machinecraft is best /egg/ prove me wrong

>has joints, rotors and hinges
>has multiplayer
>can have lots of people multiplayer easily
>can have custom maps in multiplayer
>can design a ton of stuff and have realistic features
>can control the properties of your machine with invisible junk to fine-tune it even more
>can add lots of detail by cramming shit in

>has gas

Second for REM

when will a perfect /egg/ game appear? Will it be in our time?

Pls buy my car goyim :^).

I need a new playericon, thinking of making a Driftmaster Motorworks logo. But I'm shit at art AND lazy.

>multiplayer easily
Sempai, do you even fucking play machinecuck? The amount of laggy sub-CLANG is near spengies. Only reason that doesn't break the game is the total lack of collision mechanics.

leak when?

>Dev is so stubborn person, obsessed with making the game which he always wanted and he takes other players opinion as 'The difference of taste'.

>In the past, we gave many ideas to make game more exciting but failed. Since then it seems Dev just gave up and decided to complete the development of Machinecraft as he planned.

Try to build everything in such a way that you can trivially expand production. You're gonna need way more than 1 assembler for red/green science, or 2 labs. But you have nowhere to put them.

Also never put copper cable on belts.

NOW

Quit gettin' mad at cucks!

good
so many games die because devs listen to players

Just draw one in MSPaint.

>Also never put copper cable on belts.
Why?

Ah, a robocuck, I'm sorry your devs refuse to listen to feedback about the meme crates and all that.

what the hell are you coding ?

>Ah, a robocuck
More like CLANGgineer
planets were mistake

It's made in batches of 3 it's a bitch to move. If you use chests and inserters only they benefit from the stack size upgrades so it moves it all at once.

Right now, since Sterik is working on other things to get the game into REMO ASAP, I've been dicking with cameras and basic code. Attempting to get a chrome-hounds style boresight camera that doesn't look like shit or reduce performance.

meant for
why do i keep deleting the last number

Reflexive hitting of backspace, I do it all the time and have to go back to replace it.

shit game that's not an /egg/ or even about engineering

Why isn't REM an /egg/ game when Robocuck is then?

>REMdev

more games die because they don't listen to players

unsurprisingly it's the big games that don't listen to players that fuck up

frankly it depends on your playerbase and who you're listening to.
For example, tons of people ask for utility features in MMOs, but this is ultimately what kills them.

is that a tv/4k monitor and a 1080p on it's side, or do you actually have 5 monitors?

HOLY FUCK STOP FUCKING POSTING THIS!!

robocuk really is more like minecraft deadmatch instead of actual engineering.
Rem has structural integrity, and that is something that robocuck dosent have, and by that alone is enough /egg/
Explain the engineering on buying premade stuff with no contraptions to play on a game from a dev who hate what people do with its game.

At Mountainous Development, we have the vision of a perfected multiplayer dueling game with complex physics and structure building that matters.

Everything else is flexible based on player input.

I used to have seven, but decided I wasn't using the smallest two enough. At one point I had eight, but I had nowhere to put the fucking thing without buying a whole new mount and screwing a 2x4 into the ceiling. It was more for giggles.

>Everything else
Except rotors :^)

copper cable can be produced very quickly and in general any time you try to move copper cable one by one to a belt you are bottlenecking your production
it's best to make cable in such a way that you can take advantage of the inserter stack size bonus since you can easily make five copper cables in the time it takes an inserter to move one of them

generally its best to either move the cable directly to another assembler or a crate

ayy
if i make your car in crap mechanics which suspension should it have?
basic independent or solid axle?

>all those polys for fucking cylinders
Please tell me those aren't finalized meshes.

have you seen crap mechanic round objects? they have barely more than 7 sides, if your computer can't handle the quality REManon is putting then just end yourself, don't limit others on your shittines

>Explain the engineering on buying premade stuff with no contraptions to play on a game from a dev who hate what people do with its game.

Has anyone decided what it should be more look like?

If you're memeing about the market thing, which the majority of people seem to not like very much, we'll remove it if it doesn't work very well.

Rotors are a thing we could technically do, but it would require a LOT of corners be cut in the physics in order to make it even slightly playable. At some point we'll make a tech demo to demonstrate this, but for now you're just going to have to actually play the game before making a call like that.

>Please tell me those aren't finalized meshes.
God no. Most of these textures are also 4k, hilariously enough. The punchline is that a netbook from 2008 has been confirmed to run REM reasonably well at default settings. We're going to cut back drastically on a lot of small overhead things like polycount in the future, but that's not whats killing the FPS currently. The best optimisation right now is going to be the merging of smaller struts into larger struts to reduce physics actor counts. This will allow much larger vessels that have the same technical structural integrity of a smaller vessel with everything simulated. The 'weld' strength of all the smaller parts is going to be added up and applied to the larger part.

Right now though, it kinda looks like one of those animations from the 90's that involves vehicles.

>memein meme le meme meme
Just answer the question.
Where is the engineering in robocuck?

>that warm fuzzy feeling when your shit is still posted as a reaction image
>that cold dark feeling when you remember that you gave money to KeenSWH

I gave them 12 burgers.
How much did he stole from you?

Beats the fuck out of me, but its in the OP and has been for a long ass time. Personally, I think the combat is more valuable than any amount of hinges or rotors or what the fuck ever, its just the way Robocuc is balancing that shit is unacceptable. Building for a purpose will always be a better game than building for some imaginary concept.

In any case, REM is going to involve some fancy shit like explosive bolts and retracting panels and possibly, depending on the physics behaving themselves, some manner of piston and merge block analogue.

Why is the line being drawn so vehemently at rotors? Does spengies suddenly lose its status as an /egg/ game if the rotors are removed? Does machine craft become unplayable if the hingejoints and other nonsense was never implemented?

>its in the op
Thats because retarded op used and old pasta.
It was removed like a month ago, when all that shit from modded minecraf came about, and i argue about changing the name to
build your shit general, wich could include those games, and leave games more rts oriented like factorio outside of this.
This was space voxels whatever general...
Make your ship, and do shit in space.
Now look what has become to survive.
Both robocucks and factoriofags tried to leave, but they were not even an entire skeleton to walk, just a bare bone, so they came back.

This will never end untill someone change the OP entirelly and keep doing it.

What is the comfiest factorio LP?

your own

$20 Clapistanian Burgerbucks.

I can't say I didn't get my money's worth, with just under 900 hours, but fuck if I still don't feel cheated.

>>Now look what has become to survive.
/egg/ is basically the same though, if anything robocuck posting is down a lot.
So is ftdposting, which is somewhat worrying.

We all gonna die, who knew.

Games either become popular and divas are forced to crater to them, eliminating the engineering autism in it. or they become an obscure title played by a few.

Look at double universe.
Look at the flying physics, they are worse than no man sky.
Before i saw the flying i was amazed, but after that, you know is another shit game with physics from 1994 like tie fighter vs x wing or cyberia.
I payed 12 in the space discounts, played for 500 hours, but i feel cheated, because most of the time was about see shit exploding or just not working because how the physics and weigh works.

Paging Dr Eggman, are you in attendance?

Go to sleep.

Are bridge building games /egg/?

> Playing spengies
> Fix resolutions
> Fuck around for a bit
> Game freezes, although animations and shit still work
> Alt-tab out, move to Process Explorer to kill it
> CALL NOW AND YOU'LL GET TWO PROCESSES FOR THE PRICE OF ONE
> Both have quite literally sucked up all of my 16GB of RAM
> Both are fully-functional running spengies instances (although one's frozen)
> The other still has the resolution settings open
Holy shit keen

>double universe

youtube.com/watch?v=dp2X5_HrH-U

This is all I found.

uhh

g-guys

As of .13 all inserters can grab/place more than one item off of belts if you have the research.

But your point about not belting copper wires due to the huge amount they're needed in for greens still stands. Works fine for red circuits though IMO.

>So is ftdposting, which is somewhat worrying.
Waiting for weapons and shields to be actually balanced
Also waiting for a shield rebalance so that spamming them everywhere in tediously large numbers isn't as effective.

dafuq is this

>inserter stack size bonus
Isn't it old and busted now?

Nick tried, by increasing costs and making it harder to stack them. All he managed was to make proper shielding take longer to set up and cost more RP.

What the retard needs to do is tweak the math so a single strong shield is better than multiple weak shields, but that'll never happen so long as impact angle is the main determinant of shield effectiveness.

rate please, based on

THE MACHINE

IT BLEEDS

Not actually sure if the nerf went through in the end, but there's still a specific inserter that benefits from it.

bad machinecraft/10

oh yeah, that's true. still it probably takes less time to stow it directly where it's needed rather than belting it

rotten egg

Black CLANG spider.

bump

>tfw /egg/ is ded at the wee hours of the morning
>these are also the /comfy/ hours

How many decades until a decent multiplayer /egg/ game is finished?

all of them
the heat death of the universe will happen before then

>those legs/feet

within one if my gmodremake goes to plan

MACHINECRAFT BEST /EGG/

GAS THE NON-BELIEVERS

witnesss meeeee

sorry, dual, not double.
youtube.com/watch?v=B7QF0QsjkY8

>another one
GOD DAMNIT

looks like scripted garbage

Easily gonna take a super computer to render all them shadows.

No trailer has ever misrepresented a game, goyim. Now make sure to preorder the 4 pack so you can play with your friends on day one :^))))))

youtube.com/watch?v=NVo-f9jvZqs

>tfw you were once the only guy posting Factorio in the thread and now it's in the OP
is this what it's like to be a hipster?

shalom, user
0.05 USD has been deposited to your account for this post
keep up the good work :^)

Yes. I posted the first ever FtD multiplayer video. Feels good, man.

youtube.com/watch?v=MZBIy-Q9hz0

>that fucking editing
Kill me and then delete me.

Also what the fuck was my FOV
Quake?

>that sexy new train
>stack upgrades don't apply to normal inserters anymore
>alerts don't seem to have as much noise to them anymore
This is going to be painful

it's beautiful user don't you worry now

I actually made another. The gimmick we were riding on was we had to follow brackets of technology, so there was no missiles, shields, lasers, ect.

youtube.com/watch?v=blevJ-6zBdU

For some god awful reason this video got 6k views. No idea why.

>Calculating radar cross sections for the radar detection equipment now. it is based on the different components that make up the six different faces of your vehicle. blocks, slopes and corners have low numbers and all other components will have varying degrees of high numbers. I think I will give light weight alloy a buff to radar cross section in comparison to the other building materials.

>I think I will give light weight alloy a buff to radar cross section in comparison to the other building materials.
Can someone please translate it? The fuck is that supposed to mean?

i guess alloy would be stealthier?

Some materials are easier to see in real life on radar, and the game is going to reflect it.

Step it up senpai, that wasn't even complicated.

>stealth botes
Cool
now maybe next radar will take bote shape into design so I can make tacticool botes that are stealth

FACTORIO FORTRESS MODE SERVER WHEN

>fortress' chokepoints with new flamethrower turrets
DO
YOUR
PART