/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #375

"Smug Rachel" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay to rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10505482
strawpoll.me/10549116
strawpoll.me/10549625
strawpoll.me/10616399
strawpoll.me/10645276
strawpoll.me/10646187

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
pyx-2.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=146
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want you to know...
You will never be alone.

Thread on /v/

Bought this in the steam sale a few days ago and just beat it.

Haven't had as many feels since TWD season 1. I thought it'd be shitty after the first episode, but the rest really bring it to another level.

Please don't. This thread just started and we don't need their nonsense in it.

The spamcuck is doing it intentionally.

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

>Chloe deserved to die, warryn is my bae
>Edgelorde wanting to see actual rape
>Multiple posts of the lisg thread link, trying to encourage trolling

typical /v/ thread to be honest, family.

People trying to get others to come here and crash the comfy. What a dick move.
Also pretty much a call to raid, which is against the rules.

>No brooke

>Victoria with JUST
I laughed

Aww. Don't cry Vicky.

[Cuddling Intensifies]

I could see Chloe becoming a good support for Kate, as well as vice versa. They have some stuff in common, even if they do not see eye to eye on certain issues.

Max is evil.

Kate wouldn't approve of her relationship with Max, most likely.

Why not? Kate's not preachy and she would be glad that Max is happy.

>Le edgy Tom Gould comic
Fuck off back to plebbit.

Night /lesg/

It's just the spamcuck baiting for attention so you're about right.
Good night user.

>check lisg fic reccomendation link
>that first entry

Max and Kate are sitting having tea
"So, Max. You have a girlfriend now. Chloe right?"
"Yeah, that's her name."
"Don't take this the wrong way Max, but is everything alright? I've seen Chloe around before and she doesn't...seem your type."
"Oh. Kate. I know her looks can scare some people. But she's sweet, we've known each other since we were kids."
"Really? Was she always like that?"
"No. She wasn't. Chloe went through a lot and for a while didn't have that many people there for her... not even me."
"Max. You're there for her now and that's what counts. I' was just asking. I can tell you're happy."
"You can? How?"
"Every time I mention Chloe you start smiling. You're doing it now."

That's still there? heh.

Remember. Always make the *right* choice.

I can watch the Bae ending without problem now that I've had as much time as I've had to think about it and come to logical conclusions. Plus because of all the great fan animations and fics.

Chloe wanted you to choose Bay over Bae. She knew everyone she loved would die if you didnt.

Why would a tornado hit Arcadia Bay if you save Chloe?

>knew
*mistakenly thought

Doesn't matter what actually happened. At the time, Chloe was acting in the best interest of someone other than herself for the first time in her life.

Chloe didn't know anything. She suggested that her death would somehow change things, even neither she or Max had any solid reason to believe it.
It's also showing that Chloe still hasn't realized she's worth keeping alive. It's once again her low self-esteem making her think she's worth less than others. She's trying to act mature and be brave but clearly fails since she cannot even say "die". While it's admirable that she gave Max that option, it was not what either of them really wanted and she would be hurting the very people she loved even more by dying.

I agree that Chloe didn't know what difference her death would make, but she was willing to take that risk to save her mother and others she loved. This proved incorrect, as the tornado didn't do the same we expected, but based upon the evidence she and Max had, it was not a stretch to assume the entire population of Arcadia Bay would be wiped out.

>neither she or Max had any solid reason to believe it

This is the main reason I chose bae. If that were a real situation, there would not be any reason to believe that going back in time and letting Chloe die would change anything. I think that it would be very irresponsible to let Chloe die without a way of getting back and reversing the decision.

If only Max had just hit Nathan on the head with the hammer when she had the chance.

>no Brooke

This is ignoring how Max already made changes before going into the bathroom: If using her power is what triggered the storm, if she just smashed the fire alarm then without any rewinds, she should have fixed everything. She saves Chloe and then goes through the week on autopilot and does everything she did (Meeting Chloe again, saving Kate, finding the Dark Room, keeping Chloe from rushing back to the Junkyard, telling David about Jefferson, all that stuff) then she rejoins time at when the storm would be happening- but it isn't because she never did anything to cause it because the autopilot Max doesn't know she has the power.

Could easily have made things worse too, counting as another change in the timeline further compounding the damage.

The whole ending is complete shit of course, but if they wanted to do it right, they really should have used the alt timeline's cancellation to show a reduction in the abnormal effects or something that might suggest undoing changes reduced the paranormal activity. Instead the alt time line doesn't really serve the main story much at all, aside from introducing the focus power and showing le edge assisted suicide.

Good night /lesg/!

The alt timeline shows how even though things were bad, they could have been worse.
It also gives you a glimpse into the true personality of the characters and what can be changed. Chloe's still a flirtatious punk at heart, but Max underwent changes she was not proud of. All because of the circumstances she left Arcadia Bay during that timeline and since she writes Chloe (keeping some form of contact) she felt that was good enough and never went to visit her. Where as in the "real" timeline the five year blackout between the two and sudden reunion made them realize how much they missed each other.
So the alt timeline introduces a new mechanic and answers a very large "What if?"

Sweet dreams, user.

>On January 4, 2016 Hannah stated on Blackwell Podcast that she hasn't played the game yet but she probably would choose to save the town at the end of Life is Strange, because she thinks "the guilt of destroying so many lives would haunt Max forever and put a strain on her friendship with Chloe.'' But she also said, "If it were actually me, if I were standing outside thinking about it, who I knows what I would do... Love is crazy..."

lel

Hannah's great. She is responsible for a part of why Max is so cute. She brings up a good point too; in that situation you can easily say "I would do this", but if you're actually in it (and you're having to consider letting a loved one die) the choice becomes near impossible.
And as much as I like her, I disagree that it would put a permanent strain on their relationship. They would get through it together, Max having learned she needs to be comfortable with her choices in life and can only look to the future, and Chloe realizing that there are people who love her.

>tfw all the VAs are cucks.

Off to sleep. Stay comfy, /lisg/.

Anyone else feel Dontnod are really dumb for making a season 2 with all new characters. Just set it in an alternate reality, literally no-one would be mad. With new characters they are going to try and out do themselves so we're just going to get a bunch of edgelords in extreme situations.

Still no Brooke

We don't know that... I know we'll never get this, but I'd like two male gay characters for the next game. But still cute, not uber masculine.

A game about the directors would not be interesting.

>no Brooke yet

I said cute. That does not apply to the directors. Stop projecting.

w-what if you could pick 'bad' options and see them tormented?

>friendly reminder that turning off your game at the decision screen is confirmed canon ending

Jeez. What is wrong with two cute guys, one possibly femmy? I'd like to see that,

Maybe the next main character should be a trap. IMAGINE

> for the first time in her life.
pls nigga.

Maybe the next main character should be a wolf on all levels, except the physical. IMAGINE.

Chloe trap, isn't it ?

>LiS2 set at a Chicago furry convention
>a pansexual wolf and gay black hotel worker fall in love whilst investigating the mysterious disappearance of another con attendee

>pansexual
Get with the fucking times, grandpa. Surely there's some new stuff that's been invented since the 2013.

>go to tumblr to see some fanart
>"Today's child sexual abuse of the day survivor is Max Caulfield"
I have no words.

*survivor of the day

I mean, she is kind of a survivor of what can probably be considered sexual assault. Just not as a child.

if any character in LIS is a child sexual abuse survivor it's probably victoria (acts out sexually towards older men), nathan (that weird deleted 'daddy' shit), or rachel (because of the laura palmer stuff). definitely not max.

>cut along the lines

who's ruby?

Basically an excitable goth Max who likes guns.

All joking aside, probably the artist's signature.

The artist

>not ruby gloom
And that's the full series, friends.

>password: lis

most upvoted reply:
>Absolutely pro LGBT, but for the record if you play the game straight it still brings all the feels.
>play the game straight
Not sure why we're shitting on plebbit. I haven't laughed this much in a while

JULIET IS CUTE

Anyone got that cute one-page comic of Juliet and Dana having a kiss? :3

:33

I would read the last one.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!) (thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't doe,or butterfly,bluejay or even shit.
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's Chloe just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it.
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

ALICE IS CUTE

I don't know why're you're laughing.
Reddit is like cancer that people contract willingly, because it's usually the first point of contact with a "community" of any kind after seeing fanart from tumblr.

kek.
there're only two cucks in /v/, their writing styles clearly reveals who they are. they always posting whenever someone makes a thread about lis.

What's he talking about?

Card game people.

>password: lis

>page 10

I'm the fury in your head

>Left here months ago
>Come back and everything is exactly the same
Good to see we're still trapped in time together.

Was anyone else saddened life is strange 2 wasn't announced at E3?

What the fuck?
The artist can be good, but the overall "victim" glorification (When they're not even victims) is truly moronic.
>Google that second line >The links are stories about Max/Warren. I'd certainly consider that sexual abuse.

The only character that even hints at anything regarding abuse is Stella.