/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

Immoral edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
[YouTube] Civilization 6 - Official Announcement Trailer

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Sucked dry by Catherine:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olga_of_Kiev
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=230613736
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Asking aging

I just went back to my Stellaris game after the latest patch, and HOLY SHIT what happened to energy? I went from +350 to +170, and now going to war with any of my fleets results in huge negatives. I dont have the most optimized empire, but I am totally stalled now. I am 20 worlds away from victory and idk if I can do this now.

rude faggot

>I just went back to my Stellaris game after the latest patch, and HOLY SHIT what happened to energy? I went from +350 to +170, and now going to war with any of my fleets results in huge negatives. I dont have the most optimized empire, but I am totally stalled now. I am 20 worlds away from victory and idk if I can do this now.
I have no idea where energy comes from to begin with. Doesn't really feel like it's adding up.

I think they did something with it, due to increase of number of planets one can control.

Didn't they raise maintenance costs
>playing cross-patches
baka

reminder

they slashed the happiness bonus on resources because REASONS

it made lots of traits worthless. now anything past the bare minimum to not get resource malus is essentially effort wasted. endgame is even more dependent on pure energy planets now that you just need enough tech to get lances and generator tech to support the fleet upkeep.

>having the high ground means you win
I can think of four or five ways to beat someone camping on high ground without even trying.

their high ground game is obviously not up to par then

If their high ground game is too up to par that's a threat in and of itself - they can't get down easily.

high ground masters are only a danger to those whom attempt to push them off

>being this bad at war
Look at the world type and colonization sequence, it's his newest colony and the weakest one at that. I don't need to push him off the High ground. I just need to isolate him and let him starve if he intends to just hold the 'high ground'.

Waifu

What are good ethics now? I've been doing Fanatic pacifist + spiritualist - but not being able to wage offensive wars and getting negative penalty for it trying to make federation kinda makes it useless.

t. bong
10/10 in Britain got meme'd to life

On a hill now bastards.

Why the fuck did this stupid high ground meme even catch on? Was it from some meme movie scene or some shit? Like yes, it gives you a massive advantage, but not unconditionally and certainly has its counters.

>weak jawline from inbreeding
>unhealthy pasty skin
>no tits
>man hands

0/10

>Expecting people to break the first and second rules of memeclub to explain shit too you

newfag plz go

I just don't watch movies period.

You don't watch memes either, clearly

Seeing as it seems to have literally no basis...

In Kursk, the soviets had the high ground which is why the germans lost.

Never underestimate high ground.

Here's hoping that Obama is added as a civ leader for the US

Are they doing multiple leaders again? It seemed like it from the way the unique stuff and abilities were described, but I wasn't sure

>assaulting the fucking high ground
Only when that's a crucial step in your plan, you literally can't afford to wait, or when you're dead out of options should that be done it's like storming a city - fucking suicidal.

Pretty sure they are

There's separate Faction and Leader abilities although we've only seen one leader for each country so far
Expect DLC

>Strongest personality
>Obama
What the fuck, US had much more important leaders with stronger personality

>he doesn't want memes
It's a shame Trump isn't in it, it'd be fucking hilarious just because of how extremist he can be.

>first black president
>first president to get a nobel peace prize
He's pretty much a good candidate all around

Better than most american civ leaders use until now, that's for sure.

>first black president
Why is this relevant for either personality or significance over even a meme like Kennedy?
>noble peace prize
Literally means less than 2400 on the SAT, it's pure politics. He LITERALLY was awarded it on his word before he actually did anything.

>Why is this relevant
Because it is and it adds some variety for the american civ rooster.

>Literally means less
Means more than anything you will ever achieve. It's a big achievement in international politics, which in itself should qualify him.

Ugh, I hate going down the Yellow Bait Road with you, but...Cleopatra was far from one of the greatest Egyptian leadeers. She was just picked for two reasons.
A To shoehorn in more female leaders(the male to female ratio for the initial leader offerings will be fifty fifty or close to it)
B It gave an interesting unique AI personality to program
Cleopatra was far from a great Egyptian leader in the grand scheme of things...she's just famous and interesting.

We already established that for Civ VI leaders, Firaxis wanted "large personalities"

Cleopatra fits. Whether or not she's a "great" leader is mostly irrelevant

That can be good, I guess. So this time we can have Dido and Hannibal as both rulers, or Theodora and Basil. Makes me wonder which leaders we'll get for each civs

>Because it is
Race is now a matter of importance in and of itself, enough to qualify the man over people who actually did something like Nixon, Reagan, both Roosevelts, Washington, Jackson, and Lincoln?
>adds some variety
There's plenty of variety even if I just choose three biggies: Lincoln, Hamilton (technically not a leader, but pretty close) and Reagan. Three giants in American History.
>means more than
Completely irrelevant, if a country leader's accomplishments were less noteworthy than an average sophomore uni student he should consider suicide.
And no it REALLY isn't enough to warrant being included over actual giants important in history, and more importantly to include any very modern leader is foolish because we haven't truly felt the repercussions of their leadership.

Yeah except I'm pretty sure someone like Teddy or Lincoln was both relevant AND famous. Cleopatra had female (diversity), fame, and personality on her side, Obama has none of those besides being black for "diversity".

Theodore Roosevelt isn't black

>who actually did something like Nixon
>someone known for being a crook is more important than nobel winner
wew

>There's plenty of variety
It adds some for the US

>Completely irrelevant,
Completely relevant

>I'm pretty sure someone like Teddy or Lincoln was both relevant AND famous
So is Obama

Obama is famous because we live in his era, nothing more. The history books will consign him to the likes of Johnson and Polk

Yeah , clearly Obama is a bait suggestion.
So, Russia will deffo be Cathy,will mexico be in the iniital offering with Monty? Will Nappy come back for France? I would normally say it is a certainty, but after seeing them oust Nobu for Hojo, I am not sure of their criterion....
I assume civ tradition ensures Gandhi's place as nuclear warmonger.

I know, I'm talking about Obama. Granted, Teddy got a peace prize, Obama is much more capable than he is.

Cool opinion.

>someone known for being a crook is more important than nobel winner
Is Watergate ALL you know Nixon for? Not detente with China or something?

>adds some for the US
Do you define variety as only their skin color? Because now that's fucking racist, I thought we were judging off personality and ability?

>So is Obama
Because he's literally still in charge right now and we haven't had enough time to truly judge him. He doesn't have a distinctive personality either.

Russia is that insane saint or some shit iirc, Cathy and Peter could be DLC
Nappy has an insane force of will so if it isn't him it's probably Phillipe II "Augustus" or either Loius XI / Loius XIV

Monty and Gandhi were mentioned in a interview i think

>literally defending the crook
I'm being baited, fuck this

>Granted, Teddy got a peace prize, Obama is much more capable than he is.
You're going to have to back up this claim you baiting nigga, or I hope it's bait.
By the way, you're still wrong: Obama wasn't the first to get the Peace Prize, and we have had no time to truly judge his leadership.

>le crook
I bet you think Qin shouldn't be in either for his atrocities
Oh wait Wu did it too
Like Catherine huh
Oh but so did Isabella and Harald Bluetooth
Wew I think Bismarck wasn't a very nice guy

I'm being baited

Insane Saint? Not Rasputin? I mean, he's interesting but hardly a epic and formative leader of Russia...honestly, Ivan the Terrible would be the best choice.
I sure hope Genghis and Shaka are kept in the roster . Wouldn't be the same without them.

The thing with Monty is, if I'm not wrong there are multiple Monties, I think in Civ V we had the 3rd one but the other games had 4th? Whatever, we're probably going to have at least one of them

I'd also say Napoleon is in for certain if there are actually more than one leaders, did any other military based leaders of France have stronger personality than him?

No it's not Rasputin, it's the girl who was OP last thread known for basically setting a city on fire all at once

Oh , god, pleaaase bring back multiple leaders for Civs. Pleeaassee....
In my opinion, if you have to go on a wiki crawl to find out who the leader was, it's a fail choice.

That reminds me.
Nero for Rome when?

only high grounders can understand. You are still a padawan I see

Imagine the butthurt if they made Charlemagne leader for France.

Peter I was euphoric before it was cool, troll of high caliber, drunken fratboy and pretended to be a working class man to steal Dutch trade secrets. What is Catherine's claim to fame other then reputation for promiscuity?

>In my opinion, if you have to go on a wiki crawl to find out who the leader was, it's a fail choice.
Eh whatever I kind of agree but they're going for personality as opposed to notability so...
Personally it sounds like a good excuse to just shove girls and minorities in.

Charlemagne qualifies to be leader of the EU
>Merkel / Charlie
>Merkel has a special line preaching religious tolerance
>Charlie has a reply saying to kill 4000 saxon men

>What is Catherine's claim to fame other then reputation for promiscuity?
Well seeing as they're going for personality, being an insane hyperslut who literally fucked her rebellious court into submission sounds good if only for our token slut.
I bet that saint whatever is going to be literally a goddamn walking inquisition though, it wouldn't surprise me if she immediately declared holy war on you if you had another religion....or remained non-religious for too long after meeting her.

>sounds good if only for our token slut.
we already have cleopatra though

So she's going to be Isabella of Civ VI? Jesus, I hated Isabella in Civ VI. She sends like thousands of missionaries a day

I'm almost certain they'll go for the Strong Women route for Cleo since her legend basically has her telling Augustus that she's not going to remain a vassal no matter how tasty his dick is.

No I doubt she'll stop at Isabella's tier
I mean we're talking about a girl whose literal claim to fame was getting sainted for being a convert to Christ and an incredibly brutal one at that.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olga_of_Kiev
>The Drevlians sent twenty of their best men to persuade Olga to marry their Prince Mal and give up her rule of Kievan Rus. She had them buried alive. Then she sent word to Prince Mal that she accepted the proposal, but required their most distinguished men to accompany her on the journey in order for her people to accept the offer of marriage. The Drevlians sent their best men who governed their land. Upon their arrival, she offered them a warm welcome and an invitation to clean up after their long journey in a bathhouse. After they entered, she locked the doors and set fire to the building, burning them alive.
>

Now Olga gave to each soldier in her army a pigeon or a sparrow, and ordered them to attach by thread to each pigeon and sparrow a piece of sulfur bound with small pieces of cloth. When night fell, Olga bade her soldiers release the pigeons and the sparrows. So the birds flew to their nests, the pigeons to the cotes, and the sparrows under the eaves. The dove-cotes, the coops, the porches, and the haymows were set on fire. There was not a house that was not consumed, and it was impossible to extinguish the flames, because all the houses caught on fire at once. The people fled from the city, and Olga ordered her soldiers to catch them. Thus she took the city and burned it, and captured the elders of the city. Some of the other captives she killed, while some she gave to others as slaves to her followers. The remnant she left to pay tribute.[3]
The bitch is insane.

And the turn after everyone but Kithra was killed by spectres.

>Queen of the Nile (Egypt): Cleopatra will respect someone with a strong military, but despise someone without one.
Sounds like the fucking slut of the game to me.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olga_of_Kiev
>this entire article
Well I mean
She's not widely-known but there's no doubt whatsoever she was capable as all fuck and had an incredibly strong force of will.
>tfw her story is unironically strong womyn who don't need no man
I'm not sure how to feel about this
I think I'll side with the feminists on this one since she legit qualifies for the regular criteria and well if she actually was STRONK in real life that's how she should be portrayed
>inb4 the greeting message is "no I will not marry you and if you ask again you will soon be a man without manhood"

Sounds like a stacy golddigger actually, replace military with money and/or dicksize
Wow no she's buttugly AND has the worst personality so far

>Queen of the Nile (Egypt): Cleopatra will respect someone with a strong military, but despise someone without one.
So what
Bully the Axsumites and the North Africans but suck Roman dick? Sounds completely 100% accurate.
I'm not expecting it but do you think we might get unique lines for certain combos like Cleo and Augustus?

Strong or not she was certainly fiery.

What happens when she loses kek
>no I will NOT marry you I WILL NOT!
getting a chub

I'm downloading Civ IV for the first time because of you btw, I wonder how this will go

>for the first time
...how old are you?

How? Tell me.

If its on steam make sure you set it to original release in beta if you're going to play mods.

Well that almost pushed me to breaking point, now there is enough room on the armageddon counter.

Starve them out, high ground is usually small. Build a wall around them if you like too, it'll be a hill-fort when they die.
Set fire to the hill they're on (conditional, it has to be long grass or something)
Pikewall (actually performs better when attacking uphill)
Attack something they need to reinforce to make them leave
Missile barrage (conditional, you need to have missile superiority)
Frontal assault with a U formation, people camping on a hill can't extend their front to prevent being flanked because they'd lose their height advantage. The center doesn't need to make contact, just pin the enemy center on the hill through presence. Condition is that they didn't fortify or aren't just on a plain slope.
I bet I could think of more but whatever. fuck gunpowder warfare

I don't think Anakin could have done any of those.

And again all this assumes they didn't have time to build a hill / mountain fortress, you're for the most part well and truly fucked in that case better to just change your plans unless you want to lose three times the men no matter what you try.

Mortars.

>enemy has mortars
Pls no

Well Anakin's never played Rome 1 either so he's a casul who probably plays Warhammer and cries it's too hard

Time to take the capital... though there are some powerful units there.

What's the best civ 4 mega mod? Specifically which is the best at adjusting the time scale and amount of techs so that I can actually wage wars in an era without my units being invalidated in a couple dozen turns? Even default marathon is too slow and vanilla gets weird around when you discover gunpowder.

Caveman 2 Cosmos

I thought I understood Stellaris combat. I inspected enemy ships:
Corvettes: Torpedoes + Plasma Throwers + Shield.

So I equipped my corvettes and destroyers with:
Point Defense + Mass Drivers + Shield

They tear through my fleet like nothing. I destroyed probably only 3 ships, they destroyed all of my 30 ships. The numbers were equal.

Torpedoes ignore shields and aren't killed with pd effectively at all. You did the opposite of what you should have done.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=230613736

I have literally never gotten past spearman in that mod

>civ 4

The shields were against the plasma throwers. Torpedoes are effective against both shields and armor afaik.
What should have I done then?

Because it's so long or because it's shit? If it takes so long then it's what I'm looking for.

It literally fucking starts from the Neolithic era, your first units are a fistfighter and a stone thrower and one of your priority techs is persistence hunting.

>playing that old garbage
Civ 5 is better in every way

Irrelevant, you answered the wrong question. 0 marks.

The thing is, Gandhi's warmongering stat is really low, he just builds nukes and most of the time doesn't even use them. He only DoWs you if you really piss him off

Doesn't stop me from conquering India everytime I see them before modern age though

>The thing is, Gandhi's warmongering stat is really low, he just builds nukes and most of the time doesn't even use them. He only DoWs you if you really piss him off
Kek no, his warmonger stat being bugged is an ancient glitch

The bug technically was that his warmonger stat was so low, that when it was reduced further it would rollback to the highest available value.

Which game should I buy?

-Gal Civ 2
-Gal Civ 3
-Stellaris

If you had to pick one, stellaris. Galciv is even more boring.

However the new moo is better than stellaris right now.

...that's the bug I was talking about, it's literally called an arithmetic underflow error.

I was talking about Civ V

I'm pretty sure it's been preserved in every incarnation of Civ as an ascended meme or some shit

Daily remainder Nobunaga lives in XP background

why is he a ghost

Gal civ 2 at least its finished unliked the other 2.