/dangeru/ - VA-11 HALL-A General

Welcome to /dangeru/!

Desperately wanting more edition.

Previous thread: >What's VA-11 HALL-A?

A cyberpunk visual novel game where you are a bartender, slinging drinks to waifus.

OST: garoad.bandcamp.com/album/va-11-hall-a-second-round

Official site: waifubartending.com/
Official Devblog: blog.waifubartending.com/
Official Discord: discord.gg/AjMvbyS
Demo: kiririn51.itch.io/valhalla-bar
Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/447530/
Support Streaming-Chan: shining-fingered.moe

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UV0B7cedjqc
kiririn51.itch.io/va11proto
vndb.org/v/all?q=&fil=lang-en&rfil=
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thanks drawfag from the previous thread, like your stuff

Didn't even have to look at him, just reading the name I immediately knew.

youtube.com/watch?v=UV0B7cedjqc

>not using updated op

god fucking dammit

shit, yea forgot a link.

Prototype: kiririn51.itch.io/va11proto

I need this.

>What's VA-11 HALL-A?

a low-quality OELVN which combines the crutch settings of cyberpunk and bar and yet still manages to be completely unbelievable and unimmersive because the ``writer'' filled the script with awful real-world memes and references and thinks allcaps sitcom jokes constitute good dialogue

please update the OP in the future so that it reflects the true nature of the game, thank you

Somebody's buttblasted about people enjoying good things :^)

Nvm, already found it. It's made by the same person who made this.

Why is boss wearing a turtleneck, under a shirt, under a vest, under a jacket?

I enjoyed the game but this is true, it really damaged the experience when le constanza face showed up.
I hope there's a fan patch made to remove all the meme stuff and touch up the dialogue

why aren't you?

>crutch setting
>real-world memes
I'm sorry you can only enjoy bland main characters surrounded by a harem of stereotypical girls who will try to suck your dick regardless of how much of a tool you are.

what does your post have to do with what i postedd

The jacket is Jill's. Boss didn't have one when she brought Jill home.

Well your post was pretty much "highbrow no one should like this because my superior taste thinks this game is trash".

So I replied with a comment of a similar caliber.

Compared to what?
Another highschool VN with a cast of 4 basic stereotypes with different coloured hair who meet at some afterschool club?

VNs themselves are the absolute gutter of tiers when it comes to narrative anything. Suck my whole cock, faggot.

>wanting to alter the dialogue in a primarily dialogue based text game with some random hack's attempt at 'improving' the original content
I bet you're the kind of fucker that plays Half Life 2 with the FakeFactory Cinematic mod.

No, I'm the guy who hides cosmetic particle spam and angel wings from MMOs and only adds lore related shit into things as mods.

I get where he's coming from.

I like the goofy shit in this game though, it's bouncy enough to fit in the world.

Not him but generalizing an entire medium as shit is more retarded than his "what I don't like is objectively bad, stop liking it".

>some random hack's attempt at 'improving' the original content

the person who wrote the dialogue for this game is a south american whose brain is rotted by hard drugs, so he's got two intelligence detractors going against him

any random person would put out much much better dialogue than the sham he's provided, and anyone who's read a cursory amount of books would produce pure gold in relative terms to the current poop that's in the game

Oh man

you don't understand user, most of the english-translated VNs available to him are set in a school so that means VNs are bad

he prefers his social staging in the format of a cyberpunk bar which never catches a glimpse of the comforting in-spite-of-technology degeneracy of humanity that defines the cyberpunk genre (because the writer never thought any of this through and just reasoned 'hmm, cyberpunk is cool, oh and also bars, this will be easy')

>replying to bait

>it disrupts the echo chamber and makes me feel bad feefees in my sensitive heart so it's bait
ok friend

You never know until you try. Just like a small scarf hidden under the neck of hoodie.

>letting thread remain ded

>echo chamber of people creating content with artwork and so on

Ok bait

VNs are generally pretty trash, just because Va11halla is a lot better than average doesn't make it good, necessarily. Although I would say it's alright, I think it's exactly what it purports to be. It'd be nice if it was more though.

Confession: because Seinfeld never really aired in my area I didn't get the deal/make the connection about Art so I thought he was just an alright tertiary character.

>VNs are generally pretty trash

t. individual who is unable to read 99.95% of existing VNs

>Second day in a row I've ordered Pizza
>Already 100%'d this game

Who /goodfeel/

So I'm running through all the different Truth or Dare options, and I found that if you pick Rad Shiba first, he goes outside, which then affects the other conversations slightly since no one can pick Rad Shiba. Just some food for thought.

my nip is probs better than yours lol, unless you've passed your kanji kentei 1s

Not the guy you're replying to, but VNs ARE generally fucking trash. I liked Valhalla because I'm a sucker for this kind of artstyle, atmosphere, music and setting. Most, if not all VNs are niche as fuck and made to pander to a certain group of people, and these people happen to be people that enjoy eating garbage.

>but VNs ARE generally fucking trash

Are you really trying to say 99.5% of existing VNs are good? Hell I wouldn't say that about any other medium, let alone one which main audience consists of fat losers who have no jobs.

>You haven't eaten a turd from every animal on earth so how do you know it's shit.

VNs are electronic pop-up picture books for people who can't into ordinary literature. Quality is few and far between.

Mention 5 VNs that aren't self insert highschool harem shit for virgin neet losers

Wait, if I spedn aa year making a VN in my fre time instead of playing vydia or hanging out with my friends I can make some real cash no matter how shitty the final product is?

It still stands up as more complex than the majority of VNs that stand as either:
Suspiciously young schoolkids in alternate universe.
Suspiciously young schoolkids in highschool.
Schoolkids in highschool, a murder!
Schoolkids in highschool, a doe-eyed 11 year old girl with superpowers!
Suspiciously young schoolkids: the harem.

>Quality is few and far between.

all vns are for 'virgin neet losers', you need to learn that not everything in the world is created to cater to american mainstream culture and the discomfort you feel when departing from it

Ok you know what, just mention 5 VNs that aren't haremshit. I'm waiting

Hotel Dusk
Phoenix Wright
Ghost Trick
VLR
Last Window

Yes, look at steam. Zero quality control, or rather, that's the average quality of a VN.

No funds or can't get contracted to make an anime?
Can't draw very well or too lazy to draw more than 6 characters?
No good at environments but can from stock images of Japan?
No or little programming skill but you want money now?
Can't write a story with depth?

Make a slideshow with dialog boxes and sell it on steam.

>Suspiciously young schoolkids
it's ok to have sexual fantasies about teens in first world countries
america is one of the only places which suppresses natural human sexuality to appease aging single moms that want to feel sexy

>t. individual who thinks he has read 99.95% of existing VNs.

what a delightful nonargument

>average VN fan

>i have no response so let me type out some argument-terminating outrage

good one

>No or little programming skill but you want money now?

Actually I kind of need to relearn programming for grad school reasons. Writting a VN engine form the gound up might be a fine exercise. I guess then I can just add unfunny jokes, stock photos of locations and stock photos of characters and be done with it.

>Same argument turned around.
>Suddenly not an argument.

We've got a special one here.

>Majority of people in same age or atleast same decade relationships.
>It's the single moms keeping us pedophiles down!
>Turns an argument about VNs into why pedophilia is clearly the majority enjoyment of male men.

top jej

WTF is going on here?

It'd be a good excercize then, ripping it apart aside, it really is the ideal little project to go with, even a chance for money if you learn what you can pander with on steam.

Even really, really shit deviantart tier VNs are sold, especially if you put it with quirky emoticons or cards on there.

Some people just buy up all the anime tagged shit on steam too, since it's like steam acknowledging that anime can be games too!1

there's a trole in the dungeon

no my buddy it's not the same argument when turned around

you, person i am speaking to, are unable to access 99.95% of the genre of game/novel you're claiming is bad. only the 0.05% drip-fed to you by machine translating barnacles like moogy. you think based on this moogy-curates 0.05% you can draw conclusions on the 99.95% which is inaccessible to you and contains all of the genre's best titles eg. muramasa, aqua after, baldr sky etc. which are avoided by machine translating barnacles due to their length and narrative/linguistic complexity which expose low-quality translation work

Memes are awful, but they are not the worst thing about VA-11 HALL-A.

But VNs are indeed among the most shit-filled mediums ever.

>you don't understand user, most of the english-translated VNs available
That argument is retarded. How come that when it comes to VNs, it's the shite that gets translated asap, while all the True Masterpieces remain hidden from translator efforts and general public for decades while every single other medium has it the opposite way?

Thread full of people arguing on the merits of the gaimu > a den of shameless faggotry and waifu degenerates masturbating to dumps of bad art

True.

Even more true.

>you, person i am speaking to
assuming i'm the same poster

>are unable to access 99.95%
>user has a machine capable of quantifying all VN ever made into a figure perfect for his argument.
kek

>only the 0.05% drip-fed to you by machine translating barnacles like... etc etc
Assumptions assuming assumptions.

just go on imdb and search all VNs and then english translated VNs
get back to me with the results, and make sure to take note off how much of that 0.05% consists of literally unedited total machine translations (ie. vn script ran through google translate and repacked)

>That argument is retarded. How come that when it comes to VNs, it's the shite that gets translated asap, while all the True Masterpieces remain hidden from translator efforts and general public for decades while every single other medium has it the opposite way?

That's because us gaijin don't deserve the best quality VNs (tm) and 99.95% are amazing, only 0.05% suck, user.

>just go on imdb and search all VNs and then english translated VNs
get back to me with the results

The burden of proof is on you, for you made the claim. Crank up your assumptions machine and serve me up some of that hot retardation.

>muramasa
AYYYYYYYYYYY
> baldr sky
AAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

i bet you read in another english-only vn community that they're totally bad and all those folks who can read gook are just lying about them
same with the multiple futaba polls that placed them in the top 10 multiple years in a row, just fakes made to make english-only readers feel bad

the whole universe is an elaborate conspiracy to make you THINK that jap VNs are good, but actually they're not! keep reading your oelvns and translated vns

The post of the thread award goes to:

lmao I knew as soon as you tried to name titles you'd expose your shit tast

>Please reply to my post

VNs are a low effort medium by design user, reach deep inside yourself and think about what you're trying to defend.

Is there any visual novel out there with:

a.) Planescape Torment level dialogue trees
b.) meaningfull choices wiht consequences every tehn sentences
c.) certain level of randomness to spice things up

>That argument is retarded. How come that when it comes to VNs, it's the shite that gets translated asap, while all the True Masterpieces remain hidden from translator efforts and general public for decades while every single other medium has it the opposite way?

You have Amerifats and Youropoors to blame over the Rapelay incident. That's why you only get shit from indie/new developers who want easy cash, and other from westerners themselves trying to imitate the nips.

the best VNs I've played had very very few choices

I haven't played any VNs even close to that description I would call even close to good.

actually the most recent threads were much better. A few people foaming from the mouth while gasping "shill", but not that many. Also I'm pretty sure the mods/janitors go after those people if you report.

>Also I'm pretty sure the mods/janitors go after those people if you report.

no they don't

It's about 2000 out of 18000, or around 10%. That's nothing close to "0,05%".

>which are avoided by machine translating barnacles due to their length and narrative/linguistic complexity which expose low-quality translation work
War and Peace was translated from it's original thousand and a half pages of Russian AND French by two people in the age that clacked online thesauri and computers in general. Your argument is invalid and if you indeed belive that your mecha-highschool waifu action and grorious nippon ranguage shit on classics of world literature you should evacuate this reality.

It's just that people with half a brain have a string tendency of avoiding the genre and for good reasons.

most recent thread some shill posts were deleted. As a general rule of thumb is enough people report something questionable it'll be gone. at least in my highly dubious experience

I just got this glitched screen and music can be heard. Wat do? Reinstall? Paying for the game?

It wouldn't be a VN if it was that interesting.

>vndb.org/v/all?q=&fil=lang-en&rfil=

find an example on this list that isn't machine translated
i'll wait

>Your argument is invalid and if you indeed belive that your mecha-highschool waifu action and grorious nippon ranguage shit on classics of world literature you should evacuate this reality.
You can pin point the exact moment my sides left my apartment on fire.

t. self quoter

>rabbits

You got fucking hacked mate

is this really all english-only people have? do you all gather around the fire and talk about the incredible great kamige known as lititle busters and ever17 all day?

i really do feel sorry for you, because it does not take long to learn workable jap to read vns, i could read with a text hooker after only 300 hrs of work

It's like I'm really on /v/

Well aren't you special.

He sorted the vns based on the score. So all of the "good" vns are translated. Just fuck off weeb, most vns are shits and non translated vns are just as shitty. You can't even mention any good non translated vns anyway

LOL a text hooker? Your Japanese must be fucking abysmal.

If it worked like this, Nabokov's Lolita would isolate the Russian literature from the western world forever, considering that the outrage around it was enough for US to change not only laws concerning literature and other media, but even the crime laws concerning sexual relations involving minors.

But no. People carried on translating Russian stuf even over the Iron Curtain, translating obscure Brazilian sci-fi magazines, Indonesian soap operas, art-house Finnish movies and other crazy shit. It's only the unberivabry awesome nipponese voiced picture-books that are beyond the reach of mortal men, and the few breadcrumbs that indeed manage to reach other languages are universally shit, since the True VNs are all kept in a sacred temple in Kyoto guarded by the Emperor's own loli samurai armed with purple steel katanas, where no gaijin can venture.

That's not really an argument - if there was anything worthwhile, it would be translated.

It's time to stop.

>So all of the "good" vns are translated.

all the vns which are going to receive ratings on an english vn site are translated ones

I'm not him, but that's not necessarily true. Lots of great shit doesn't get translated / doesn't get translated competently. VNs are a shitty medium that doesn't have much that's not shit to begin with though, so I guess you're not that far from the truth.

Yet you still cannot name any good non translated vns. This guy gets it but they're all translated

OS?

Baldr stuff and Muramasa are on vndb - people who know weeb runes also use vndb, you could guess that much since the smug asshole was the first one to bring it up.

However, opinions seem to be rather... torn on those.

i already did

he doesn't even know Japanese, he uses a text hooker lmao

its people who are unable to read it angry that they can't read it

no i used a text hooker when i had only 300hrs of reps

Jop is dat you?

>retards comming in to a specific game general to bash the game, baiting
>retards falling for the bait and responding to trolls
It's a VA-11 HALL-A general, let's talk about waifus and talking vending machines please.