/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15.
-Demo is out, has online.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XmynJukkEMY?t=50
youtube.com/watch?v=Rl5oOeu7Hsk
youtu.be/IPJwruwvi08
youtu.be/ZRO7Bam1L-g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

zinogre penis

The era of Banepost edition MonHun is almost over.

yian
cute
coo

4th for Kut-Ku the cutest!

for u

Long live MHG /mhg/!

What are the chances of an early leak? I can't bring myself to play X or the demo any more and I've done everything a hundred times over in 4U. I just want to start the grind in Generations asap.

MH4U
66-4819-3974-4413 /rage
Hunting anything

Guys i want to buy generations as my first MH game

I have played some of the previous as a child i kinda liked them, but was not able to go anywhere important with them

I have a 3ds xl do u guys recommend it to start again?

Yes.

No.

Maybe

Samefagging pretty hard

Can you repeat the question?

guys help, what happened right here
youtu.be/XmynJukkEMY?t=50

did he use a whetstone on his hbg? what does that do? have you alwaqys been able to do that?

Anyone got a list of every weapon used during TA in X? Gotta check which weapons are worth crafting for each class (aside from Deviant Glavenus ones).

Who fucking cares?

People who aren't shitters like you.

Clearly he does, or else he wouldn't have been asking.

uh oh, here come the /v/ kiddies

Polishing skill from dinovaldos set, stops sharpness reduction on blademaster and gives AUL on ranged, but it only lasts a minute.

For those who played X, which gender ended up having the best looking full sets and/or mix sets?

If you want bikini armor go female, if you want armor that actually looks like armor, pick male.

Sorry to bring this up again lads but if I want to emulate Monster Hunter on PC, which game is recommended, 3rd or Tri?

Cheers

So basically business as normal then.

I'd say 3rd, since you can solo the Gathering Hall and because it reintroduced GL, Bow, DBs and HH. I dunno if emulating Tri gives you access to the online gathering hall.

Who's rolling a brown goddess in X?

I think it's even this time around. Females had an edge in 4U because clownsuits go full ham in that game. Gen "clownsuits" are just Silver Sol+1-2 off pieces, if you're not wearing variant armor or Wood Blossom. Maybe some EX Rath. So even males look pretty good. I think I may be forgetting to mention a few other sets, but that's the gist of things.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rl5oOeu7Hsk

i'm gay so i'm making a male hunter

This is exactly what I wanted to know! Thanks, user!

A qt twink or big strong bear?

You're locked out of Tri's high rank content because it's tied to the now-dead Nintendo WFC. Dunno if there's a version that remedies that, but still.

Portable 3rd is probably the better 3rd gen experience as far as emulating goes.

Beware gunning though. I'm not sure, but I think they go full ham. Blademasters have to try reaaaally hard to end up in full clown though, so they're safe.

Two slots left

you can hack them back in if you have cfw

Gunner suit are pretty ugly. Every piece is different and don't match at all. I'll try and post a pic.

I'm gay but I always roll females for the armour design. I think FU and Tri were the games where I rolled male characters, but P3rd, 3U, 4U and Generations are all female

Your not Blanche! Imposter!

Should Capcom introduce grafting/glamour in Monster Hunter?

Yes.

What

The ability to have another armor's appearance on top of what you're actually wearing. For fashion purposes.

Couldn't Capcom just give us the possibility of using Fashion sets over our normal sets? For example, on the outside you're wearing full Arc and "underneath" you have your other set( mixed or full) with the skills you need. Like that, we can have mix sets without worrying about the looks. It worked well for Xenoblade Chronicles X.

So like cosmetic slots

If they were going to do it, maybe do it player side only. Like, only you can see your vanity set, but everyone else sees just your clownsuit.

So people are running around happy, even if other people know they're actually really ugly inside.

why would i want to see your shitty clownsuit?

You don't. That's the point.

Makes it too hard to identify shitters at a glance.

Why mad? And whats a v?

Shut up fag

>Shut up fag

Why don't you come over here and make me, big guy! I'll bend right over for you ;))))

I love you, but the blanche is the one i truely love.

Also please be in london

>implying people who don't understand armor would understand cosmetics

I think we'd just see everyone running around in the same cosmetic pieces anyway. Like if you could assign pieces to cosmetic slots, imagine what would have happened in 4U. Half the playerbase would wear female Chaotic Gore, another chunk would just wear Kirin and a ton would wear Crimson Fatalis's stuff

You have to be 18 to post here, champ.

I don't think so. There are many good looking armors with shitty skills in 4U, why would you limit yourself to such boring choices? Hell, I'd have at the very least 5 different sets.
And have you seen all those hairpieces?

I just read up on the hunter arts, the CB vial increase, does that mean you can explode all 10 vials at once?

Yes.

>Kirin
On second thoughts, I don't think I want cosmetic armor anymore. I'm so tired of this "Kirin slut" thing, I think I'd start kicking any hunter in Kirin I see. Give people the chance to look different, and they'll all come back looking like the most generic of sluts.

That is awesome, thanks.

I'm not talking personally, but a ton of players either wear the reddest things they can find, or slutwear on females. I would personally have put the Grand Crusher Mask on every single set, because that is my favourite headpiece. But honestly, I just think a lot of players would slap on the same few sets. Crimson Fatalis's set was already common (not even GX, just Wroth) when I joined random rooms in 4U.

I'd imagine a ton of people would just wear Rathalos stuff cosmetically too.

One thing that would be great about cosmetic armor though I think would be helms/caps.

Except for the part where pretty much everyone is wearing nothing but full Dreadking and full Sol in X, and full Rath or Chameleos in 4U.

Be honest. You're too beta to kick anyone, and the most you'll do is whine about how many female hunters you see online that you can't do anything about.

This is exactly what already happens.

>This is exactly what already happens.

Yeah, but the Gunner helms have less defense

>Be honest. You're too beta to kick anyone, and the most you'll do is whine about how many female hunters you see online that you can't do anything about.
I don't really get the rest of your post, but nobody can be too beta to kick anyone since the only thing kicked people see is that they disconnected from the room, so you can do it without remorse.

Got any advice for Hot Monkey Dick?
I can kill pretty much any other monster with ease, but that SSJ ape just refuses to click with me.

See for yourself

retard alert

never mind. I fucked up my links and shamed myself. Time for sudoku

What did he mean by this

That's cute. Don't let them bully you for your mistake

You only need to post the links, bro.

Anyone know how to ask the nips to break the head?

Perhaps if I try again with regular links.
youtu.be/IPJwruwvi08
youtu.be/ZRO7Bam1L-g

Those are not regular links. Get your shit together, man.

Nope. Are you hunting for Ghoulish Gold Horns in mhx, by any chance?

(you)

Tremor res.
And don't use hammer for it, I guess.
>50% KO damage
No seriously, which faggot thought that was a good idea?

I can't really relate

What did they do to the charge blade? You can't charge your shield without fully going into axe mode? Why did they remove the finisher for the shield bash?

i cant see

Open your eyes.

oh thanks dog
worked

Play guild style faggot

Only guild style has it? Why would they gimp the move set for the other styles? Charge blade isn't worth using without that...

>WAHHH WHY WOULD THEY CHANGE MOVESETS TO ACCOMMODATE A CERTAIN STYLE

Gee user im not sure, i'd assume they leave the moves alone and just add a jump for aerial style right? What the fuck do you expect? Try the fucking game before you whine about it, you still do aed in almost all styles.

I tried adept. They didn't change the moveset at all, they added the evade and removed the best part of charge blade.

Let me outline it for you. You have 3 choices. Play guild style, actually try new things instead of whining, or Dont. Buy. The. Game.

>Pro tip: you actually insta AED with aerial once you have it charged, so you dont have to wait for long AED animation and can be sure to explode the monster

Just play the game please.

K.
On this note, what's the point of aerial great sword style? You can only do uncharged hits, are you supposed to mount as much as possible or something?

you can only charge when jumping

You can charge while jumping? Sweet.

Don't worry guys, Doodle will escape Ichinose's clutches and bring back the forbidden CB art!

The demo is free, i will no joke make a room right now for you to try out styles if you want user, stop being afraid.

I'm at work, I downloaded the demo this morning and could only play for a few minutes. I'm not afraid I just need to play around with it more and I suppose you know what the thirst for MH feels like when you can't play so I asked about the stuff I was wondering about on here.

We feel you man. I'm resisting the urge to ask a bunch of questions about Swaxe in Gen but I know I'll figure it out after watching Gajin's video and fucking around with it later tonight.