/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General - Luma3DS edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon
-Pokémon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-5.6 may get released soon. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiiuiso.com/nintendo-wii-u-games-and-homebrew/389355-hyrule-warriors-usa-dlc-costumes-note.html
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
gbatemp.net/threads/a9lh-can-now-boot-without-sd-card.432593/
mega.nz/#!7852TTQQ!YGHoEmwFkI6AaWRNL4Kc-Lz54Mpr7p6xPLAsdDgS5co
drive.google.com/file/d/0B2n-cvg-2991UlVUbC13T2hIcTQ/view
mega.nz/#F!h4xQRLRa!Y65kQqjwdZcbx8D-vhXRbg
mega.nz/#F!vwNHRZbC!HJmpg_fHhqcrB-9ojd0gsA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Will Luma3DS ever get the update to make A9LH run purely from the NAND?
That's all I really care about at this point.
After that, 3DS CFW will be on par with PSP CFW.

chotto mate

does /hbg/ got janitors that plays 3ds? just wondering.

It already has this in a beta build

So this guy's Dumped the DLC and for Hyrule Warriors
wiiuiso.com/nintendo-wii-u-games-and-homebrew/389355-hyrule-warriors-usa-dlc-costumes-note.html

Now all you smart faggots around here go figure out somehow way to make that shit work on Loadiine just like ya'll or whoever did with the Smash Bros DLC!!
new update is v176, get cracken!

You mean this one? Was worried about trusting unofficial builds otherwise I would try and install it now
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/

Luma Lite already works.
Having the whole CFW run from NAND is slightly more inconvenient as you'd have to install a9lh again everytime you want to update the CFW.

faggot

No, the a9lh v2 builds.

>This a9lh fanaticism
Aside from dodgy-at-best bootrates on certain consoles what's wrong with Menuhax?

Good luck using Menuhax to undo a brick.

gbatemp.net/threads/a9lh-can-now-boot-without-sd-card.432593/

No this. It doesn't have TWL/AGB firm patching and other shit yet only the basic stuff

Not really necessary if you're using emuNAND

Gonna share this gba pokemon "hack". Is called moemon. Is tge 1.9 version, no shadows and ghosting. Also includes a female tan as surprise.

It was a bitch to put together so please bully. Has a small error wen loading saves but it still works, dunno how to fix

mega.nz/#!7852TTQQ!YGHoEmwFkI6AaWRNL4Kc-Lz54Mpr7p6xPLAsdDgS5co

No SD card, no emuNAND.
With a9lh (at least nowadays), you can boot into a SD cardless environment.

You can restore emuNANDs just fine without a9lh. And if you get a bootrom brick, not even a9lh can save you.

>Is tge 1.9 version, no shadows and ghosting.
I don't understand, could you explain what this means?

AFAIK that's not even in official builds yet, and being stuck with a system that can only play cartridges/Sky3DS seems kind of pointless (unless CFWs can patch the AP checks that block Sky3DS from playing certain games, which would be interesting)

I guess the main point of my question is whether or not recommending Menuhax is still worth it for the not-technically-inclined that just want to get this thing working and get it over with

And when you update Sysnand by accident you never have access to Emunand again.
Emunand is shit in general anyway. Installing shit to 2 nands and wasting 1-2gb of SD space isn't an advantage.
And people pretend like 50% boot rate is "fine" when we have a perfect 100% boot rate exploit right there.

kill yourself

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

Normally games that aren't fixed has ghosting and shadow(game is too dark). Ghosting us that makes like a after image when moving. And I fixed that, is color restored which should be clear and colorful and has no ghosting. 1.9 is the hack patch for the game. We have this game already on 3dsiso but the guy who upload it doesn't have the color fix and has ghosting and no magikarp-tan as a female trainer.

You don't need CFW for a9lh. It can boot into it by itself now. And yes, it is. Otherwise Plailect wouldn't let you install it per default now.
With signature checks disabled (so you can still play one or two games, depending on how much space you have left in NAND) and FIRM partitions protected.

>And when you update Sysnand by accident
How can that even happen?
Doesn't the guide recommend you to install menuhax type 1 (or was it 2 that autoboots into boot.3dsx unless a button is pressed)?
That's at least what I used to do back when I used menuhax instead of a9lh.
Also, please remember. a9lh is an entrypoint just like menuhax. a9lh and emuNAND aren't mutually exclusive.
Having an emuNAND can be helpful if you are a dumpfag, to have a region-changed emuNAND while still keeping your original region (so you don't have to region emulate every game that you own).

wow. i miss this post.

well this has been revamped, looks nice and love the new female trainer

got u user
drive.google.com/file/d/0B2n-cvg-2991UlVUbC13T2hIcTQ/view

stop

I don't want to masturbate

Thanks a lot!!

what's new in fbi?

Why wouldn't you? Julia is Life

Talking of FBI, can someone explain how to update the H&S app of the injected FBI to the latest version? Is it even possible?

You'd have to redo the inject, with an updated version.
Not worth the hassle if you ask me, just install the latest version as a new tile, and stash the H&S one somewhere hidden.

Is there a way to inject the actual H&S back into H&S? If you've deleted your original H&S files long ago, I mean.

delete your current h&s and install a clean h&s.cia

Uninstall H&S and do a system update, it redownloads missing system titles.

Any good resources for Genesis homebrew?

>she makes a angry face when she runs

best moe game

something happening when?

I currently have rxtools emunand and I haven't updated my 3DS since like March. Can I update to the latest firmware and still play online and pirate games without issues or is there something else I gotta do like A9LH or whatever?

no
get luma

What can I do with my Slim Vita if it's on 3.55?

You might be able to get ePSP hax.

Do attached GIF immediately, and then update.

Then consider doing A9LH.

So I can't go online with rxtools anymore? I'm forced to update to Luma or A9LH?

wait

rxTools is about to break on the next update, which could be tomorrow. Just switch to Luma, it's pretty much just copying files around.

A9LH is unrelated and just a different way to launch that's much better than menuhax but needs some hours to set up, you can do that later. It's worth it but not as urgent as ditching rxTools right now.

I see, thanks for the explanation.

I haven't played smash in a while so can I update it normally? I have my 3ds with Luma and a9lh

If the region of the system and game are the same, then yes, you can update when prompted

Can you also update other region games if you have luma?

If I make a cia of a .3ds with the converter, can this be installed on any system or only on mine?

Please respect that these threads aren't for retarded questions

Any system.

Not from your menu. You need to use CIAngel or similar to download the update.

Are you guys watching SGDQ? I went for a split second to /srg/ and I got slightly more retarded

>tfw I'm the one who made that screenshot
unless you made one too then I'm glad others are also aware of quality posts

Is there any way to transfer a save from Loadiine to a legitimate copy of a game?

I'm just reposting the first one made, so it's definitively yours, good job user.

>tfw I'm the one who made this GIF
I didn't expect it to be that much reposted desu. Feels good to have done something good here.

What's the difference between installing dsiware games and gba games on non-a9lh emunand? Are both installations indentical? I keep hearing that there's a chance to brick if I install dsiware games

The "chance to brick if DSiWare installed" it's when you downgrade to install a9lh.

Do Virtual Console games work okay on a9lh?

Also I found this mega with many GBA cias, will these work okay? Has anyone tried these already and how are they? Do I need to do anything to a9lh to get them to work?

mega.nz/#F!h4xQRLRa!Y65kQqjwdZcbx8D-vhXRbg

Should I switch from gateway to luma3ds/a9lh?

VCs for fine, I tried some of those GBA injects and they work fine, but some are pretty dark and retaing the ghosting, which is a shame, try in 3dsiso, there was a thread with most of that list titles but corrected to look better and without ghosting

It should work, but you should check whether or not those roms have ghosting fixed or not. GBA VC games have goddamn awful motion blur and are too dark.
These ones for example, got that problem fixed mega.nz/#F!vwNHRZbC!HJmpg_fHhqcrB-9ojd0gsA

there's no point to gateway anymore

What determines whether or not they have ghosting?

If they used the original GBA ROM to make the VC.

What I did was install a9lh and then set up gateway to boot if i press a button on launch, that way you boot into luma/whatever normally and then into gateway if you want to use your gateway card

This plus gateway is shady as hell and you wont have to rely on a flashcart anymore or worry about them purposely bricking your 3ds. I guess if you bought a gateway you can try selling it on ebay.

Well, the mega posted was from a thread where the poster said that the games were ghosting patched. Ghosting removal is really recent, so older GBA cia will be most likely be unpatched. Check the source of your link and try to figure out whether or not the original poster said that they're patched. Just check 3DSiso and go to the gba cia section.

>2000 - WarioWare - Twisted_.cia
I can't imagine that works

I installed Gateway on my n3ds when it was first released, but barely touched it desu, but I want to get back into it.
Do I need to do something beforehand to go through Plailect's guide?

It's mostly D-PAD patched. Basically, you press left and right to emulate the gyro shit

>tfw still no 3DS port that actually makes use of the fucking gyro functions

bump...

This general is dead after the ZTD .cia leak lmao

yep. and /mhg/ wont be a dead thread anymore soon too.

I'll wait till we can export the Activity Log so I can import this guys..

282 days

almost 10 months.
he could have had sex with a girl and she would have had a child in the time he was looking at the system settings.

Also, it's possible to install AL9H without internet access on the 3DS?
I have all the files downloaded

nope, you need it at various stages for the guide

He could even stop COMPLEX MOTIVES

Doesn't MSET count for the system settings?
Meaning, just booting emuNAND from there and everything's counting towards the settings?

You'd have to make some pretty notable deviations and you'd need Cubic Ninja for your 2.1 adventures, with the right files for that coming all the way back from the old OTP dumping guide. So no, not if you have to ask.

Is it possible in Windows to mount an SD disk image as if it were an SD card?

Can i overwrite my sysnand with emunand without problems?
im currently running a9lh with luma.
emunands are obsolete right now with the introduction of arm9loaderhax and i want to free up space on my sdcard.

>He doesn't have 9999 hours on System Settings, Web Browser and Download Play
Do you even exploit?

As long as you use Hourglass9 or make really sure to use Decrypt9's "keep a9lh" option. Fuck it up and you're on non-CFW never-ever 11.0

i hope there's more /hbg/ memes/screen cap

No only superior OSes can

Are there any guides for manipulating streetpass in games?

Yes, they're just retarded newfags

Hey who has the title ID for Battle Cats Pop? Can't get the US cia to work on my 3DS despite the locales .txt trick, maybe the name is wrong or something.

Have there been any good homebrew games made?

How did he select the files and folders?
I don't know that trick.

but why would you want emuNAND when you can inject the data into your sysNAND

huh? i just downloaded the battlecats US version through fbi earlier. and it works fine

this is the EU version in case you're on EU

also dont change the time and date to cheat out the energy. i cant play anymore now because my energy is not regenerating anymore. feels bad. i got pretty far already

I'm amazed there's no homebrew to edit it yet so you can remove old games or homebrew you installed as .cia files, or the elusive ?????? from Menuhax and CHMM2 that don't show as a title in it but it's counted as a square in the Activity Log and shows in your daily activities. Drives me nuts when I see homebrew in the log, would be really nice to get rid of it.

Forgot to mention I have a japanese 3DS lol so I regularly run into that kind of problem but I usually work around it with the locales trick

Swapnote revival when?