/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

NIGHTMARE SLAIN: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L0bcRCCg01I
youtube.com/watch?v=NiboHWwr12M
bloodbell.com/
imgur.com/1RjNbF4)
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr
pastebin.com/489M5NBv
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX
ssjnugget.imgur.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ahh

AHH

A H H
H
H

Shit, it's uncanny. And fitting since they're kind of aliens.

youtube.com/watch?v=L0bcRCCg01I
youtube.com/watch?v=NiboHWwr12M

Nobuyoshi Suzuki is a fraud

Never change, /bbg/

Ahhah, you must be the new hunter

Remind me again just what it is hunters do?

ah, my autism is satisfied.

New OP incoming

>Patch 1.09 Info

>Accessing the DLC
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Hintertombs: aqv8cim9
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

What's even the point of a Hintertomb fight club? Isn't the scenery the same as in Pthumeru?

Yes, but the one we have has a messenger shop in it and is functionally identical to n6rc, with a better wagon placement.

I guess it gives people an actual reason to do Hintertombs, even if they'd be a pushover for higher levels because depth 2.

Why make a FC in a CD that no one ever bothers going through?

To round out having one of each.

Even autism has to have its limits, user.

The only autistic person here is the one who's so bothered about having a FC in a place he doesn't like.

I think the real autist is the guy that spent time rolling hipstertomb roots for an FC glyph because it bothered him that there was no such thing, and for good reason.

That was a valid contribution to the FC.
What's yours?

Attending.

>le reverse "stop liking what I don't like" argument

It's not a matter of personal taste, doctor Autismo. The Hintertombs is objectively the one chalice dungeon that nobody ever does since there's nothing in there except for the Madman's set in Lower Hintertombs.

Granted, speedrunning through one shouldn't take anyone more than 15 minutes, even if you have no idea where you're going, so it's hardly that big of a hassle, but why even bother making a FC in there for such a trivial reason as "to round out having one of each", conisdering also the fact that the Hintertombs don't look that special and that we already have glyphs for hosting FCs in 3 diverse locations?

Ahhh autists or as some say autism.

Creating > consuming

There's a merchant in it, it's a big deal because your items don't refill after invasions.

could use some help with bloodletting beast in pthumeru ihyll layer 2

level 107
pass:2580

are you by the fog or the lamp?

im right before the fog

If you wanted a merchant in your FC dungeons so badly you could've looked for a glyph that had one in either Pthumeru, Loran or Isz; you know, the ones that everyone has already unlocked in every single one of their characters.

>it's a big deal because your items don't refill after invasions
A trip to the Hunter's Dream and back is a very small price to pay compared to the huge faggotry of being a throwing knife spammer.

Besides, that's not even the reason why a Hintertomb FC is being pushed for.

thanks m8

my fucking sides

>The church garb is different depending on whether you're a boy or girl
This game is magical.

>the doll dress does not change into some super elaborate suit and bowtie tuxedo outfit when a dude puts it on
Not so magical

I wish you could mix and match different gendered clothing. I like the wizard robe look of the female black church garb.

Same thing with Yharnam Hunter

It wouldn't make any sense, you get that set directly from the doll

>BB
>"MAKING SENSE"
Don't make me laff matey

It's not though, the person you pointed out was me, and I'm not the one who rolled it.

The guy who rolled it literally rolled it as his first glyph.

Why is the Paarl fight so much fun doing coop on?

Paarl is boring, abhorrent beast is where the fun's at.

>have 5 weapons at +9
>afraid to use my blood rocks

help

Why?

I dont know what would be optimal

Using the blood rock would be optimal.

Well you're pretty damn close to knowing the ins and outs of a lot of weapons if they're +9. Fuck around, see which you enjoy most. They're all viable. The ones you like most get the rock.

Yeah I know but like I don't know what versions of the weapons I should be using for my weapons, like Uncanny or Lost etc

Post build and weapons.

use the OP

BoM is the way to go famalam

I want to use the Kos Parasite once I finally get it.

I tried, I just don't know what shape the gems are that I want since I don't have those gems yet.

>arcane
use lost everything.

Does it make sense to level arcane if I'm maining Burial Blade or should I just stick to skill? I assume doing both would make the thing a monster, especially since my fire and bolt paper are now useless.

Y so much END?

Burial blade is one of the few weapons that you should always avoid on arcane builds.
Go full skill.

Dunno

Really? Someone was telling me normal is better if you plan to use Fire or Bolt, is that true?

+10 literally nothing and make a new build

BB is a skl weapon first and foremost

why

Nah. He could purge some filth just fine

you're suboptimal in every stat for all weapons
bb softcaps are 25 and 50, your build doesnt even go to 50 arc and you have less than 40vit
you could slap some nourishings on the hmls and wheel and do ok but it's still a big waste to have 30str and 40arc instead of grabbing either 50str with 15 gtom arc and 5 from end or 50 arc with 5 from str and 5 from end

I figured I could use arcane as a dump stat to help out with the damage, it's primarily a skill build. Still not worth it?

you get more damage out of pumping str than arc for burial blade, even pumping vit would be more worth the points

You're not gonna be using elements on the Parasite. All the weapons that deal Arc in any way isn't going to work with fire/bolt gems.

But really:you need a Wheel.

I know the softcaps are 25 and 50.

I'm not done leveling, thats just where I am.

I literally have never played BB online and never plan to, so stopping at level 120 means nothing to me.

The Wheel is the most unfun to use weapon in the entire Soulsborne franchise, it won't happen.

then plus ten any weapon you fucking want if you're not planning to play online jesus christ why even care what weapon you max

Cause I don't want to waste Blood Rocks and then have to play the game again

it literally doesn't matter if you don't play online, you won't be farming gems nor pvping

>I literally have never played BB online and never plan to

Then you don't need a Vit that high, and you should never have to go past 20 with End really.

Do 20 End and 33 Vit so you can at least get to 50 Arc.

But really if you're doing Arc your bread and butter is in the Tools, which scale all the way to 99. So personally I'd drop Vit and End even further you maximize Arc damage output.

Are you saying you don't use backup weapons? I have a Bolt Holy Blade if I don't want to use the MLG

These are the actual stats on my character right now, not suggested stats for the future.

Pump skill

No of course you're still gonna use weapons gratuitously, you're not gonna made made entirely of bullets.

Personally I have a fire cleaver for beating on beasts and a bolt saif for Kin, with proper vs. enemytype gems filling in any slot that doesn't have anything better to put.

That's rough. But typical. My first run wasn't particularly optimized either.

I think I've got my mind made up on the Hunter's Nightmare.

The blood of the fiends, echo fiends, that is to say, the blood of hunters was cursed out of spite by the wizened orphan of desecrated Kos (or the hamlet survivors), after her remains were violated in the name of Byrgenwerth's inquiry into the eldritch truth. This curse was to echo through the ages, through the descendants of the original sinners, forever punishing their lust for blood and knowledge and power.

The hunters began to disappear, abducted by unseen forces, the Amygdala. Every drunken hunter snatched by the Amygdala and whisked into the nightmare world brings with them the splintered memories of their old hunting grounds, which the nightmare feeds on like a cancer, growing into an amalgam of impossible geometries as perceived by many an insane mind. The Grand Cathedrals in the nightmare are examples of this tumorous growth, Laurence sleeps upon the Altar of Ebrietas in the cathedral of his time, he recalls a noticeably humbler institute in the infancy of its power, in comparison to the Research Hall where Maria dwells. She survived to see the Healing Church founded on the remains of Laurence's skull, usurp Cainhurst, lay waste to her family, take control of Yharnam, and renounce Byrgenwerth.

And the possessed moon hangs over the Hunter's Nightmare as a symbol of the curse in their blood, reflected in their collapsed eyes. It recedes back into the cosmos (the ocean) when the Orphan is returned to the ocean (the cosmos).

I think, I rewrote that about twenty times fuck this game is obtuse.

stfu

Anyone got the link for absolute best gems?

why I don't really rely on visceral attacks

fuc u

see

Moar dmg

Didn't find it.

Ctrl+f "gems" famalam

What should I improve on for my ludwigs holy blade build?

Gotta wait for the last fight to get the Burial Blade but Uncanny BB can be found in a chalice dungeon. Do you need to have unlocked the base version in order to find the lost/uncanny versions or can you just skip those?

You have it, just too much of it, it's not that detailed.

>kos washes up preggers in the hamlet
>burgertown hears those villagers have a spooky
>science ensues, entire town fucking dies because burgertown wants muh eyes
>possibly violate kos' corpse and get dat sweet ass umbilical cord, maybe
>orphan gets mad and curses the hunter tradition to eventually fall to their bloodlust and get trapped inside the ironic hell that is the hunter's nightmare to hunt forever and ever and ever, little more than the beasts they hunted

That's really it. No need for cursed echoes and shit. As a hunter, you WILL succumb to the hunt and end up, one way or another, in the Nightmare.

pump str, ignore skill

Mine has 20 END and that can be a little tight if you dodge a lot. Get the Hunter rune and for the love of god man, more vit.

>Do you need to have unlocked the base version in order to find the lost/uncanny versions
Yes, but Burial Blade is the exception.

Alright but is there a point where i should stop? Like 40 in DS1.

Wow, really? I was thinking of breezing through the game. Gascoigne, Vicar Amelia, Witches of Hemwick (Rune Workshop tool), Shadow of Yeargh, Rom, The One Reborn, Micolash, Mergos Wet Nurse, Gherman. Cut out during Moon Presence fight and buy the Burial Blade. Then doubling back playing the rest of the game I missed.

Yes, 50

Nah, breeze through the chalice dungeons instead.

I think my endurance currently is fine and can dodge enough to avoid situations and recovers quick.

I guess i'll pump more in VIT since i'm gonna be fighting Maria soon.

Sweet, thanks.

Vit and Str. Skill is actually too high but it'll be nice when you're parrying.

I think it's time for a second /bbg/ tournament.

We never did have Execucktioners vs Vilecucks, did we?

There's not enough vileblood stuff in the game