/edg/ - Elite Dangerous General

>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The more population the better.

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left until you have a Vulture or better.

>Pilots Guide:
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437&p=664610&viewfull=1#post664610

>Steam Group (post your commander info in the announcement so we can add you)
steamcommunity.com/groups/dangerousgeneral

>Change HUD color:
pcgamer.com/how-to-change-the-colour-of-your-ships-hud-in-elite-dangerous/
arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

>Markets Tools:
eddb.io/trade/loops
elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Ship discounts (report these as you find them)
All systems exploited by Li Yong-Rui have a discount on ships and outfits for example:
NU TAURI - Parmitano Terminal
BD+28 413 - Gunn Station

>Horizons? Engineers? What?
Horizons DLC added planetary landings, land on certain planets with the blue icon and gather materials for special boosts, ammunition or Engineer upgrades that modify your ship modules.
>List of Engineers & blueprints:
inara.cz/galaxy-blueprints
inara.cz/galaxy-engineers

>Test your ships before you buy:
edshipyard.com/
coriolis.io/

important stuff from the previous thread:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rDxVVfavgiEdr9CbNS51j9wYHpXyz25H7uu7O6TeDzA/edit#gid=0

Don't you dare buy a Cobra, we'll know.
>praise the vision

PREVIOUS THREAD

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/271203-Powerplay-Expansion-Bug-a-month-of-silence
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/235435-Elite-Dangerous-The-Faux-MMO
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/270315-Old-Account-New-Player-The-feedback-I-read-more-then-apparently-the-developers-have-had-time-to-read
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for VISION

Serious question /edg/
Let's put the VISION aside for a minute and take the game as it is right now.

What do you like and dislike in the game as it is right now ?

And more important :
What do you expect from this game ? Even if it won't happen, what kind of features would you like to see in this game ? It can be new ships, better AI, new elements of gameplay, literally anything.

10 year plan sounds all good and dandy, I'm sure that have a lot of cool stuff planned, but I want to have a good game right now.

What I want but it wont happen is better engine. The one that has all players in the same instance always, all NPCs live their live until killed, then new spawn, and system live their live even without players to see it. Sure you might think that people on will brake servers on purpose by gathering in one location. For that case sure make it so that if 50 players or something enter same instance second one is created for new 50. It's killing me that you might be lucky enough to happen to be in the same system as other player but he is put in other instance.

As for something that might happen but still probably wont. I want the game to be Open only or heavily separated open and solo by making people have different characters on both. And scrap groups forever, it's a fricking circlejerk mode.

I like:
>Flying around. The flight mechanics are WWII in space but I enjoy it. Combat feels satisfying and challenging.
>It sounds fucking amazing. Both SFX and music are pretty great.
>The 'mystique'. Ftroop, despite its ineptitude does seem to have some VISION and they won't tell us everything about the space they have an idea what they WANT to do lore wise.
>The visuals and graphics are quite stunning.

I dislike:
>The fucking bugs (on the flipside though, they allow me to easily exploit the achievements)
>The amount of LEGIT grinding towards anything meaningful and exploiting being necessary.
>The lack of any real effect on the galaxy.

I expect ftroop to fix the pretty noticeable bugs and issues. I want less RNGineers.
Walking around ships would be cool, but pretty pointless from my point of view, I just want to fly. Multicrew sounds like a fucking nightmare and would be so hard to pull off decently. I couldn't expect my friends to satisfy with taking the turret position for example.
More role specific SRVs.

cont.
I want player to player interaction to have more variety. Right now there is no reason NOT to avoid another player because chances are they want you dead.

Separate Open and Solo. Prevent Solo from taking part in CGs, enhancing the meaning of >C O M M U N I T Y instead of autistic shutins.

Also Solo having an offline mode would be grand, too bad they scrapped that early on. But since the background simulation just doesn't exist. Everything special is handcrafted and commodity prices just hover around a certain spectrum, no proper variance.

Increase the instance size and make the netcode suck less shit. They have improved the instancing, at least for me. I find more people in Open now than what I used to but it is still a bit woeful. Also lag issues.

The factions could make a bit more sense and the effects of star system statuses should be more noticeable. I saw a fucking wedding barge fly around a CZ in supercruise. Seems probable. Powerplay has always been a mess. It was nice to give faces to the factions and events but still a let down. However scrap the whole thing, I don't care.

More than one pilot profile.

I tend to agree with you. They fucked up what could be the best part of the game : the community and playing online with people.
You got a ship and you can't do anything with people :
trading / selling : nope
fighting for fun (like CQC, but with your own ship, customized) : nope
races : nope

Those things are stupid, but in the end, that's what makes you play with people and enjoy the game even more.
I feel that you should be able to create an alliance / guild, those would have a small impact on the galaxy like claiming a space station and getting money from it, managing the price, fixing some quests people would be able to do, declare war with another guild, etc.

Daddyyyyy we died again~~~

>As for something that might happen but still probably wont. I want the game to be Open only or heavily separated open and solo by making people have different characters on both. And scrap groups forever, it's a fricking circlejerk mode.
This, except I believe solo must be dropped completely even with separated characters. This game is meant to be played online and pussies who can't stand that should play SC.

So what does everyone think the new power play faction is going to be like are they going to offer a Special module like the others, are they going to be part of a faction or independent, what will their expansion and system control be like, and what will their boosts be?

>the lack of any real effect on the galaxy

This is the main thing right here, the source of the ever present "mile wide inch deep" assessment. The game world is huge and beautiful, there's tons of different things to do, the problem is that none of it feels like it's actually DOING anything. The player's ability to interact meaningfully with the game world is limited to making minor faction bars go up and down by a little bit, which is neither satisfying nor especially noticeable.

Personally, I think proper MMO features, like some sort of in-game player group mechanics, as well as some degree of sandbox features, like the ability to build/own stations, would really help alleviate this issue.

The only thing stemming from forced open are trolls and griefers ruining CGs, sweet ez grind spots or any other player gatherings, endless queues on outposts (see Ubisoft about how fun is that) and serious lack of targets for bounty hunting.

Safe journeys, comandantes o2

On the serious side: it would for people to think for themselves, learn patterns of what is good and find their own Sothises and Robigos.

I just started playing this game, is there any reason to play with other people? Can you group together and complete tough missions and stuff? I like this game better than Eve because I can actually, you know, pilot my ship, but it feels worse in the big scheme of things because it takes longer to get money and longer to upgrade your ship. I'm still in the sidewinder.

Yeah, there are no official group missions in the game, but if your group visits the station together, you'll all see the same missions on the mission board, and can work together to complete them. Especially harder ones, like assassinations, are good for this.

>is there any reason to play with other people
no
>Can you group together
yes
>complete tough missions and stuff?
not really
>it takes longer to get money and longer to upgrade your ship. I'm still in the sidewinder.
I don't think that's a real downside. The realy problem is the number of things to do in order to get the money, which is limited

>Confirmed for sperglord who sucks at combat.
People like you are the reason we keep getting carebear updates to make sure NPCs stay braindead.

Can you trade with other players?

ITT: dads.

Same noob here

I'm having trouble with missions that say "ok X guy is gonna be in this system at this time, go get him and make sure you bring an FSD. Search unidentified signal sources for him". Do I need to come out of supercruise in order to search those signal sources or no? Do I just look on my contacts screen and wait till his name pops up and then lock on and try to FSD him?

Sorry when I said FSD I meant an interdictor

Drop in.

Sort of. You have to physically eject the cargo and the other person then has to either manually scoop it, or use a collection limpet to scoop it for them. There's also a limit, you can't eject more than 100 tones in open space, or 20 tons near a station, before your cargo just starts exploding.

There are a couple ways to do this. The target appears in a specific signal source, not just a random one, so you either need to use a discovery scanner to locate the right one, or you can just drop in on the nav beacon in the system and scan it. You should now have a "Mission Objective" signal source in the system.

You bring an FSD interdictor with you because your target might try to run before you can kill it. If it "low wakes," it jumped back into supercruise, and you can follow it and use your interdictor to pull it back out of supercruise so you can finish it. If it "high wakes," it jumped to another system, and you need to scan the high wake with a frame shift wake scanner to figure out where it went. Then you jump to that system and use your interdictor to pull it out of supercruise and finish the job.

Thanks for the help, I was getting confused on how to find the target.

Yeah the game doesn't really tell you anything outside the basics of flying, docking, and jumping. This is very much a "read the manual" game, or watch a bunch of youtube tutorials or whatever.

I fucked up "serious side" bit of the post. I meant that forced open would force (not "for") people to start thinking.

I was sperglording ironically and I'm sorry.

this cycle has come to an end

it is time for us to return to our slumber

we shall sleep till the forums became tasty again

braben protects

NOOOOOOOOOH

you know it is true brotha

Might be time for Dead space general to make its appearance.

R.I.P in peace

>This game is meant to be played online and pussies who can't stand that should play SC.
Whoa whoa whoa hold up I've been out of the loop for a while. I remember everyone thinking E:D was for carebear casuals and SC was supposed to be the go-to game for PvP and ganking. Did something happen? Is that why I haven't seen a SC general in a while?

>laptop overheating like a motherfucker in this summer heat
>instinctively press the heatsink keybind for ED

Same noob again

I just got enough money to get a 1B FSD and holy shit I can jump 10 lightyears like a motherfucker. a trip that took me like 16 jumps before is now like one jump. Now I'm raking in the dough.

B rank shit is twice as heavy as A and C rank

while a B rank FSD is probably worth it if you're beginning, you'll learn to disregard everything B rank. unless you're trading/exploring, A rank everything except sensors and life support which should be D rank because D rank shit is lighter

weight wise it goes B>E>A/C>D
raw performance wise it does A>B>C>D>E as one would expect

which means that for exploration and trading, you want to A rank your FSD and D rank everything else

That explains why the A is so much more expensive than the B. The B is working for now. I'll buy an A when I buy a better ship. Because it's like all the money I have at the moment to buy an A.

Can you do everything in this game or do you have to pick trader only, combat only, etc?

depends on the ship you have

a multipurpose fitted for combat makes a decent fighter but a shit trader. Fit it for trading and you have a trader that can defend itself. Trading ships suck at everything, even trading. Forget about those. Fighters are fun but have shit jump range and internals

You can sell and buy modules with 0 loss. Go ahead and buy that A grade if you can then sell it later.
Only ships themselves sell at a loss. 10% I think, not sure tho

>More than one pilot profile.

This. Holy shit all I want is this. I would actually play this game again if I could switch between an explorer commander and a regular commander in the bubble, and hell, one more commander just to start the game over in a Sidey.

This is the only fucking game I can think of where you have to buy the game again just to have a separate character slot.

>Can you do everything in this game or do you have to pick trader only, combat only, etc?
You can do whatever you want whenever you want if you have the space bux and time.
To do something effectively you'll need to pick the right ships and modules for them though. You're not going to do well trading in a sidey or a vulture, nor killing nigs in a type 6 or a hauler

But interestingly enough it seems to state that B integrity is better than A. I.e. if you lost shields B thrusters won't get fucked as quick as A?

Like:
- spees, and how good a job they do of simulating the vastness of the galaxy
- GFX/SFX, this game is fucking tight
- docking, most space games have some insta-dock bullshit
- seamless planets, sure it's only the shitty ones right now, but I can see atmospheres being fucking fun to explore
- BGS, the universe could have been fucking static like any other MMORPG
- flying + combat, literally no other game delivers the same experience in my opinion

Dislike:
- no tutorials or guidance, how much shit have I learned from other players?
- skins are fucking cash shop items, literally no one should buy them and lets all fly the same fucking ship with the same fucking paintjob to show FTroop how fucking retarded this is
- exploration is fucking useless with no stellar/astronomical anomalies, pulsars, comets, contact binaries when?
- planet variety seems fucking low as balls
- asteroid "belts" with 3 fucking asteroids
- no dwarf planets
- no station-building
- no guilds/factions
- nothing for players to fucking do matters, literally just farm to Triple Elite and quit because the game is fucking pointless beyond that

>decide to do a few runs for CG
>station is 525k LS away from star

yup
B rank works well for hulltank builds
B rank FAS is a monster battering ram

The constant reliance people have on customer support for this game is absurd. But what is even worse is the constant babysitting customer service actually employs for the players of this game. Risk? No problem, especially when you can just beg customer support to get your lost shit back.

Plebs gonna pleb ¯\(°_o)/¯

Is Universe Sandbox good if I like universes and sandboxes? It has excellent reviews but I can't tell if they're meming on me or not.

Played with it for a few hours, it was pretty cool. You'll get more mileage out of it if you know more about physics/astronomy/spess.

Spessmen? Spessdaddy?

Quick question. Are they aware of all the critisism and what the players like / dislike / wants for the game ? I mean, the last update gave us engineers and I'm just wondering why on earth would they release something like that. I find there's a lot of things more important like said ITT.

Are they aware? Probably. Do they care? No. They're sticking to their vision. Powerplay wouldn't be a shithole if they cared.

How much do individual torpedoes cost to rearm again?

15k/dad

I'm guessing they're not worth it then?

for npcs? nah

their only real use is in pvp now, where you can put that shieldbreaker special on them and gank corvettes in a viper

oh they know, the forums have been full of the same handful of criticisms since beta

I thought, at first, that they just didn't care enough to deviate from THE VISION, but as they have released one lump of crap after the next, it's become increasingly clear that they aren't competent, combined with the fact that they have no understanding of modern game design

seriously ? but they can't be that stupid with their fucking VISION. This game have a fucking huge potential. It is a great basis for an awesome game.
And they are just wasting their chance of being relevant.
I'll check their forums. Even blizzard seems less stubborn

>I'll check their forums.

Don't. You will be lost. Lost in a veritable forest of dads, furries, RP-ing and unironic autism.

It doesn't help that the forum dads will make every effort possible to keep this game from becoming great

seriously, head to the forums and try to suggest that they add some depth to the gameplay, or maybe some real MMO elements

you'll be shot down by a bunch of dads insinuating that you're an entitled millenial and saying the same handful of mantras like "ELITE ISN'T EVE"

Frontier actually thinks that players WANT shallow, unengaging gameplay, because they have a legion of old British men who will do whatever amount of mental gymnastics is required to defend the game in its current state and shoot down any ideas that suggest it be modernized in any way

thanks to the dads, Frontier actually thinks they have a fun, quality product that will stand the test of time

I like a lot of things.
What I want to player trading and the ability to build space stations to "own" a part of space.
Also we can raid player stations.

Yeah, Frontier has done a lot to bring in that Brexit crowd.

Not him but
>Checking the forums
>UK fags get depressed after losing their ships due to absurd insurance costs
>Actually making a big deal about it and asking for change
>tfw the only way to improve the game is to cause mass depression on the UK population.

>This game have a fucking huge potential

Devs only have experience with mobile games, roller coaster tycoons, mediocre WiiU games, and Kinectimals. Regardless of what potential this game has, it was doomed from the start.

The devs have a 10 year plan for the game, where in 10 years it will be fully fleshed out and be the best space game in the market.

Every major update so far has been a blunder. Wings should have been in the base game, and trying to wing up with instancing is a nightmare. Powerplay is a fucking joke, they have abandoned it and it has sat dead in the water for months and it is currently broken, with a bug that has rendered it useless that has been in place for over a month and with no mention of a fix or patch by FD. Engineers is a glorified upgrade shop that instead of providing creative ship mods, only provides bland stat upgrades after you grind mats until your brain melts for a ship that is unstoppable, I have no idea how they plan to balance shit like thermal shock weapons. Horizons is the only one that is decent, and all it does is allow you to land on barren, empty planets and fight buggy skimmers while you drive around in a rover that is horrible to control.

And this is all without mentioning other features that the game simply lacks for no reason other than the devs have no time or competence to account for them. Only one save/character slot. No player trading. No offline mode. No mission sharing. Bounties are divided between wings, which discourages winging up to begin with. No system/faction/group chat. Every system is the same except with different flavor text. I could go on but you get the idea.

I highly doubt this game will make it to the "10 year" goal that they plan for it. I will be surprised if they make it to 5 years.

Yeah, seriously. Just think of it this way. A consistent complaint is the existence of a severe grind and lack of things to do. So what do they do with engineers? They make another grind that lacks things to do.

>go to the forums
>some random guy points out obvious missings features to make it enjoyable

>b-but you're missing the point!
>b-but it's not a an online game !
>i-it's a solo game trucking whatever the fuck I don't know what I'm talking about
>the game is fine !

pfiew. With people defending the state of the game right now and not wanting it to evolve, I'm not sure this game will go somewhere. Whatever the number of years they'll keep going the development.

>, with a bug that has rendered it useless that has been in place for over a month and with no mention of a fix or patch by FD
what is the bug ?

>They make another grind that lacks things to do.
What is quite unbelievable, is that in the end, the engineer isn't that bad. It means more customization etc. but the farming is just too fucking important. It takes too much time, even for some hardcore player. It's just too boring to farm so much. What the hell are they thinking ?
I could read people that actually spend time to get those upgrades, but what for ? There's not fucking points in the end. You can't even use it to meet up with people and fight together. I don't believe you really need to optimize your ship that much to beat a fucking AI.

The funny part is euro/american truck simulator gets right what elite doesnt.

NEETbux farm
I hope they never fix it

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/271203-Powerplay-Expansion-Bug-a-month-of-silence

Combat powers - like Hudson, ALD, and D E L A I N E - are unable to stop their expansions. This sounds like it's good, but they are essentially cannibalizing themselves by eating up a bunch of shit systems that will soon send them into a CC deficit and cause all of them to spiral out of control and self destruct. Opposing powers can do fuck all to stop the expansion either, defender opposition is bugged and just doesn't happen. All the people grinding the AI bug in combat zones are slowly inching Powerplay into total meltdown.

I'd like to know as well. I keep hearing about how PP is fucked but I can't find anything about it. I know AI buffs made undermining stupid but thats about it

Ah, thanks

On the outside, it might look like it had potential.

The primary thing wrong with the game is its very foundation, that it runs p2p. This is the worst way to do anything outside of file sharing. It certainly doesn't help that their network code is hilariously incompetent, something they've done nothing to try and fix. Hey, did you know you can crash other players clients by changing a setting on your router or firewall? Did you know that you can force lag to make your ship invulnerable by denying their damage packets from being sent out of YOUR instance and that this can even be done accidentally? All kinds of cheaty shit can be done because of lag or p2p blocking and it doesn't count as cheating and Frontier has no way of knowing. Of course if you want to cheat on purpose, fucking cheat engine works because everything is stored local and again, Frontier have no way of telling unless someone catches you bragging on a stream of some dad catch you in a youtube video.

The whole foundation of the game is ruined. It was ruined before the game was even released.

> forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/235435-Elite-Dangerous-The-Faux-MMO
Holy shit why did I checked the forums. That's some high level of cringe we got there.

>It means more customization etc

To me the implementation isn't significant in the right ways. Turning your multicannon bullets into heat slugs (for example) is pretty cool, but that is the extent of engineers right now. I feel sorry for the people that paid 60 dollars to slightly alter your weapons.

Truck simulator has the advantage of not having a magical FTL drive that puts you into an alternate dimension that only allows you to see planets and stars.

I've mentioned it before, but disregarding the negatives, one thing that X Rebirth did pretty damn well was the highway system. When I tried out the game, it felt like I was still in space, rather than a magical out of reality dimension that has no interaction with anything else.

Why did they make that thread? The fools!

Damn, and isn't Delaine at risk of being removed from PP once the dangerous games complete?

>arcade/nostalgia/simulator/RPG and space-trucking game
im done

Go through and forum report every single dadpost for insulting the OP or whoever.

>that post

>Every time trading is brought up gold farmers are strawmanned

Jesus christ.

You can't even do such thing with the way the game is structured. No alts + slow as shit credit grind makes most GF ragequit.

That's retarded. The game needs some fucking tools so I don't have to alt tab to anything. This game relies so much on the player base to fill in the gaps.

>Factions
>Blueprints, wtf is that pin one blueprint bullshit?
>Organizing events
>Finding what station has X module or where you can acquire X resource

You would have to be a masochist to play the game without utilizing any external resource.

On top of the grind in the game, all this serves to do is agitate anyone that plays.

Can't wait to see how they manage to fuck up multicrew ships

Man space rangers 1/2 is still the best space game
Space rangers 3 when?

Not even the chinese would touch this game because its not an mmo

So i checked the forums and, goddamn it's not only the Dads but literal autists and furries that don't want the game to become better. The slightest implementation of a Clan system wouldn't hurt their fucking solo sessions but no "HURR THE GAME DOESN'T NEED IT", "GO PLAY ANOTHER GAME" "THE GAME IS FINISHED YOU GET WHAT YOU BOUGHT HURR".

Literal cancer.

>You would have to be a masochist to play the game without utilizing any external resource.
Or better option, what most players might be doing : not care about all that and use whatever it comes to you. When I play a game it's to have fun. After buying it and playing the tutorial, I started and found out all those downside. I checked if they were going to improve the ease of use, add built in tools, etc. but nope. And now with this threads I just loose all the hope I had to see this game improve.

I'm kinda sad. It's the first time flying a spaceship was that cool, and fights were amazing. There's no better alternative sadly...

They are fucking retarded

>Company designs aspects of game around organization
>Doesn't include the ability to organize

They certainly got the ship mechanics down perfectly. Its hard to thing of a better alternative,
But then its like they fired that guys that thought it up because they were making too much sense and they couldn't have that.

think* and the*

Even if they weren't going to add guild/clan support, which, let's face it, with P2P and the existence of solo/mobius, wouldn't have worked too well in the first place, they could've at least halfway accomplished this via Powerplay. If they had included some way for the players to organize and communicate in-game, as well as some way to earn merits through PvP, it would have been a halfway functional system to at least simulate the idea of guilds/clans without breaking the dad's immershun.

>they actually made an online game based on P2P
I'm done with this shit. That's not the kind of stuff they'll be able to modify.

Even some shitty indie games provide some servers.

so if I liked the vulture and viper, what other ships would I enjoy?

Pythons a bit meh. the courier was fun but it lacked something firepower. I do love the FDL but its turning and off center cockpit bugs the shit out of me to this day and I havent played since before cqc dropped.

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/270315-Old-Account-New-Player-The-feedback-I-read-more-then-apparently-the-developers-have-had-time-to-read

>In answer to your question grinding is a mindset so lets ask why you are playing.
>Presumably you are talking about the large number of credits required to get the best ship and the large number of materials etc to get the best engineering modifications assuming multiple rolls to beat the RNG.

>I'd ask why. Why do you need the best engineering mods, why do you need the biggest most expensive ship?
>Everything in game can be done quite well in a Cobra III. An Asp/Clipper will do pretty much everything you'll ever want to do.

Can those people think when they post ?
>I don't grind. I play.
>I do different things everyday so there is no grind for me.

>if you don't like grinding don't grind and do something else

there's nothing else to do in the game. How can they not realize that ?
>PP was just grinding, going from the station A on system Y to station B on system Z
>missions are going to from the station A on system Y to station B on system Z
>exploration is boring as fuck going from system A to B to C etc. and coming back. And nothing useful / funny comes from this shit.

All there is to do is GRINDING.

Try FAS. It's like a beefier Vulture.

How 2 space jew?
I mean bounty hunting is fun and all but i feel like i want to upgrade from my viper.

thank you.

Any suggested loadouts or just go crazy trying a bunch?

sothis/ceos grind

Not him but how do i do this on a Cobra, i want to get myself an ASP explora and gtfo the bubble.

I liked 3 fixed pulse lasers on the bottom and 1 gimballed beam on top for long RES/CZ grinding sessions

another popular one is two medium beams and 2 large multicannons

just screw around with it a bunch, it's insanely fast and agile for how powerful its weapons are, lots of setups work well

>fly to sothis
>do data delivery missions from sothis to ceos and back again
>repeat this until you're at least friendly with all the minor factions in sothis
>stack up as many of the long ranged delivery missions as you can
>if there are no good missions available, refresh the mission board by switching from open>private group>solo over and over until you get good ones
>repeat this until you have billions of credits or FDev adds something to do