/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, July 2nd:
866 – Battle of Brissarthe: The Franks led by Robert Baratheon are defeated by a joint Breton-Viking army.
1555 – The Ottoman Admiral Turgut Reis sacks the Italian city of Paola.
1645 – Battle of Alford: Wars of the Seven Kingdoms.
1698 – Thomas Savery patents the first steam engine.
1776 – The Continental Congress adopts a resolution severing ties with the Kingdom of Great Britain although the wording of the formal Declaration of Independence is not approved until July 4.

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 11 - The End of Days
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-developer-diary-11-the-end-of-days.950847

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.1 - 20/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Codreanu

thanks

Arumba

>everyone who has a different opinion is reddit

Well from what i understand Grand Strategy games are pretty niche so if you don't buy the games, people stop making them. Also I'm a fan of steam integration for achievements etc, it's a lot less messy than piracy.

thanks

Does anyone have the link to that EU4 mod from the last thread?

thagnksjk

HPM, there's a minor problem in the decision to re-rename Ukrainian provinces from the Soviet names back to the pre-Soviet names (Remove names of the revolution Ukraine). Province 972 doesn't get it's name changed back.

they havent been niche since ck2 happened and paradox used their newfound popularity to go full on jew, and if they stopped making games it wouldnt matter because what they make now is laughable shit anyway. and you can buy it and pirate the dlc but i dont remember if you'll still get achievements and shit

>niche

Not since CK2, faggot

This looks cool. What mod are you using?

reminder 2 leave da wite wymyn 4 me u cucks

The matter which Baudouin referred to in his meeting with Ducs Boudewijn and Honfroy comes to a head on the 1st of January 1195, the date of his birth. Baudouin V is eighteen years old; young to marry, to be sure, but as the only member of the Aleramici dynasty living in Jerusalem, and with the persistent threat of Guy de Lusignan making attempts on his life in the name of his own son's succession, it is more critical than usual that Baudouin marry quickly.

The market for brides, however, is not strong. Baudouin has two possible options: his own half-aunt, Isabelle d'Anjou, or the sister of the current Byzantine Emperor, the Kaisarissa Eirene. Unfortunately, there are problems with both. While marrying Isabelle would strengthen his own claim to the throne and eliminate a rival claimant simultaneously, even as a half-aunt only, a marriage with Isabelle would be consanguineous, an irreligious proposition which Baudouin V wishes to avoid at all costs.

On the other hand, the Kaisarissa represents her own problems, not least of which is her faith, and the age of her brother, the current Basileios. In marrying Eirene Baudouin stands to gain a strong ally, but only if the Basileia Rhomaion manages to survive a long regency under its current three-year-old Basileius, and even if it does survive it, it may well need the help of the Kingdom to do so, potential expenditures of time, money, and manpower which Baudouin V is uncertain he wishes to make in the name of preserving a schismatic state. And there is, of course, the matter of Eirene's own schismatic beliefs; Baudouin could obviously never marry anyone but a Catholic, and she would be required to convert to join hands with him.

Ultimately, Baudouin decides to take the risk with Eirene and agree to a marriage with the Basileius's Regent, the Strategos Manuel Laskaris, on the condition that Eirene convert to Catholicism on or before the date of her majority, in two years' time.

Holy kek

None of the three main cultures really get along with each other very well. The Tigray complain the Amhara were in power for thousands of years, the Oromo complain they never got power. The only ones that are usually happy are the Amhara.
Anyway, it's like that so they don't assimilate. Since there's no oromo tag, if they aren't accepted they will assimilate.

Shit, I forgot to change it from when there was an Amur state there too. Thanks a lot, it's fixed.

I will check it out, thanks!

Can anyone remind me how to convert pops with promotions/national focus again?

At this point I'm like a battered wife with stockholm syndrome.

The AI is retarded and everything sucks, but I just wanna know if I can do it. Plus the use of tactical nukes to break enemy morale is just too funny for me.

HPM please respond to

Hey HPM got i some major things to ask about India and Japan.
You here?

Sweet.

Should have gone with the aunt imo

>and you can buy it and pirate the dlc
This. I enjoy these games enough to help keep the faggots in business but I'm not shelling out hundreds of dollars.

>those american divisions
You are lucky the AI can't do naval invasions properly.

No I don't think he's here.

It seems that Princesse Isabelle did not anticipate the concern which Baudouin placed upon consanguinity; to be sure, she did not approve of his choice of a marriage with the Basileius's sister. She began to furiously scheme to end the life of Baudouin's mother to remove other claimants to the throne and pave the way for her own ascension--unfortunately, too loudly for her own good. Baudouin's spymaster, Duc Honfroy, caught her quickly, and Baudouin, now in his majority, was easily able to secure the council's support for her imprisonment.

"Let her rot there for the remainder of her days," Baudouin commanded. "I wish only that all other traitors who acted so against their King were also brought justice." Few needed to ask to whom he was referring.

can you decrease the MTTH of the 'disloyal regiment' event? especially if you're a colonial power, you see it practically 3 times a year by the latter half of the game.

If you want to balance things, I suppose you could increase its effects by upping the militancy it causes?

thanks

>to help keep the faggots in business
You're trying way too hard to fit in here

*cringes*

They're stuck with low supply in the mountains and also occupying China.

>AI can't
That's the point.
The AI can't.

Japan sits uninvaded for 21 years (which allows me to live since they help my production a bit), tiny Peru is fighting on for like 4 years or so (despite american intervention).
I'm just wearing them down and killing them in the mountains.

The only reason I have any dead men at all is because I insist on taking land back to boost my production.

>implying implications

Hey AFPguy, if you are around, I need a flag to be made.

>implying implied implications

t. johan

How long does it take before you jump back to 24.99 infamy in HPM?

I went over the infamy limit in 1880 and now it's 1916 and I just got an event that extended my isolation til 1936, this is ridiculous lmao.

Also beaten everyone who tried to attack me (only 2 GPs did)

EU4 mod AAR from before, playing as Poland and I decided to back Swedish Independence. They finally declared war on the Danish and I'm going to try to knock out Mecklenburg first. This one should be bloody.

Aight lets see....

Japan doesnt colonize Asia with pops when they did exacly that in Korea. Korea had 10% population of Japanese in 30 years (1905-1935).
Not sure about Formosa but id assume same things happened.
Formosa/Korea should get minor event that gives you a modifier which does nothing that expires in 30-40 years. Once it pops you should get cores.
Also nobody wants to move to Korea from anywhere like its hell on earth or something.

Now India....all provinces in India are worth basically nothing in victory score which means you cannot push Brits outside of India properly - it takes too many wars and its too costly infamy wise. India forming nations should have couple peace decisions (like one Japan has for China to get Formosa) to push Brits out of India in 3-4 wars.

Neither of these two things are anything obscure and easy to implement so well...take it into consideration.

A long as it takes in vanilla.

Who /building railroads province by province to make sure they all connect graphically with eachother and in a non-retarded way/ here?

whats a good army comp for hoi4?
infantry/mechanized/defensive

Also Korea should not be a fucking colony, Japan built so many factories and Korea was one of the richest areas of Asia during Japans rule

As his wife and, to a certain extent, his ward, Eirene accompanied Baudouin most everywhere. In spite of her husband's constant presence, however--or, more accurately, because of it--she soon became bitter over his treatment of her. For so long as she refused to convert, he refused to touch her, or even to discuss anything with her save religion. It had been over eight months, and he had not consummated their marriage, and indeed had told her flatly he had no intention of doing so until she bowed to the Pope!

Every time they spoke, it was about how her faith was devoid of all truth. He went on for so long about religion that Eirene actually did pick up a great deal, but only because it was all they ever spoke about, in spite of being man and wife.

no

>that trip
I was indeed born yesterday yes.

/me/

>Japan doesnt colonize Asia with pops when they did exacly that in Korea. Korea had 10% population of Japanese in 30 years (1905-1935).
>Not sure about Formosa but id assume same things happened.
Japan can colonize Korea and Formosa with pops already with the current mechanics, there's no need to railroad that.
>Formosa/Korea should get minor event that gives you a modifier which does nothing that expires in 30-40 years. Once it pops you should get cores.
Same with that, they can get cores there with the integration mechanics without any specific event just for Japan.
>Also nobody wants to move to Korea from anywhere like its hell on earth or something.

>implying it isn't

To take the UK out of India the normal way is dismantling them in one war.

Forgot to put your trip back on

Literally anything works as long as you're fighting the game's AI, it's braindead.

But from what I gather:
>self propelled artillery has some impressive stats
>support doesn't add to width
>mind the org from armor units
>remember that width defines how many troops can be deployed and plan accordingly
>mind the terrain and adversary

No, I'm not HPM.

>implying its him
Its that user shitposting because he got triggered for some reason
Maybe his parents are Korean or something

What mods are you using mate?

Lad it would be cool if instead of just stating like "she was scheming and then got caught by the spymaster", make up some story about the details of her plan and how it came to be that the spymaster was able to discover her

I mean mind that I'm not complaining and I'm sure that would be more work but it would be fun to read tbqfh

>Japan can colonize Korea and Formosa with pops already with the current mechanics
Show me your game where Korea has any Japanese population.
Game is treating Korea/Formosa like some minor European colony when it was supposed to be Ireland.

Can Hindus not convert Buddhists? Even guru is failing.

What mod?

Oh come on now theologically there is like no difference between Catholic and orthodox. I understand he's a zealot but he doesn't have to be so much of a popeboo.

> theologically there is like no difference between Catholic and orthodox
Is confession a theological thing? Im personally not sure. Also orthodox priests can marry.

A few months ago, I remember someone playing as Japan that did colonize Vietnam with Japs. You could do exactly the same with Korea if you knew something about how the game works instead of asking for events to make it for you.

thanks

>self propelled artillery has some impressive stats

differences between support artillery and just putting artillery in your line units?

Being a zealous Catholic in the Middle Ages was all about being a Popeaboo.

What if he gets into some shit with the pope himself?

>Ireland
>literally 400 years under english occupation
>same thing as korea
come on

>Also orthodox priests can marry
I didn't know this. Is that why we don't hear about orthodox pedophile priests?

do u guys think there's still a point in playing? i kinda reached a point where im paying more then i earn from the country's i conquer

So basically...you remember someone else did it properly (and he probably used craftsman exploit for it) few months ago? No links no pics, no anything?

Also your argument for India is -
>if you become free you should wait for last 30 years of the game before you liberate India
>you also have to do it alone so another GP doesnt take any colonies
Sure thing. It sounds very plausible that India had to invade Britain by sea for its independence.

>Japan doesnt colonize Asia with pops when they did exacly that in Korea. Korea had 10% population of Japanese in 30 years (1905-1935).
Pops decide to move on their own, that depends on a lot of things. Unemployment, militancy along other things factor if a pop decide for colonial migration. Then it can decide to go to any of Japan colonies.

In game terms that means that a british pop sees Calcutta or Melbourne the same way when deciding where to go, unless one has high unemployment or something.

I don't think it's specially necessary to make them go to Korea or any other place really, especially since Korea is usually one of the few colonies they get if they aren't going for Vietnam.

Even if I did something (increase in immigrant attraction) it wouldn't guarantee any result at all as the japanese could simply decide not leave.

I don't think they should get cores in these places for free, especially considering the lack of any historical ownership of ethnic claims.

>all provinces in India are worth basically nothing in victory score
I can't change how much provinces are worth in victory score. The good thing about that is that they also don't cost almost anything to demand, so you can demand almost all of india in a single war before you hit the 100 WS cap.
If you need WS and you can get ticking warscore, though that only goes to 50%. You can probably get all of India in 3 warscores if you stay under 50 VPs for your demands.

> India forming nations should have couple peace decisions (like one Japan has for China to get Formosa) to push Brits out of India in 3-4 wars.
The thing about India is that nationalism didn't really hit it until way later. During the sepoy rebelion most princes sided with the British and the independent sovereigns were really keen in staying that way, which is why the British got the land so easily.
Well I'm sure you know all that but what I mean is, India is a prized possession. I don't think they would give it out easily.

>implying he would argue with the Pope or do anything the Pope would get mad about

>only 19k

literally how

if you lived in a orthodox country you would

>Its that user shitposting because he got triggered for some reason
The reason is that HPM is here

Pls r8 my Suomi

What the fuck is this

>3039

M8 this is too much meme for me

i had 200k like 50 years ago but i spend like crazy and expanded like double my size in that time in 24/7 conquest

HIP sans VIET and ARKO interface and with mini rather than full SWMH.

It was probably late when I wrote that, or I would have tried to make it more detailed.

Not only is this the beginning of this AAR, though, considering the broad scope and timeline of this one I'm really struggling on what deserves a post and what doesn't. Her plotting absolutely does, but does it also deserve the usual 10-15 minutes I invest into making really detailed posts for major events, or, because its impact is questionable, should I bang it out in 5 minutes to try to proceed a little faster?

It's a question neither you or I can answer at this point, it's something I'll need to figure out just by experience over the course of the AAR, but it's part of the reason why there are so many updates over such a short span of years, undoubtedly. I'm still modifying my opinion on what's post-worthy and what isn't.

He's not just a zealot, he's an incredibly well-read zealot. He was not only raised by the Bishop of Jerusalem, but also read the bible and other religious texts voraciously, to the extent that he's probably more qualified to be a Bishop than most in his realm are.

Also, conversion upon marrying into a royal family of a different confession is common anyway, from the Middle Ages to today. Orthodoxy applies to that convention as well.

There are too many provinces in India for Infamy to tank it up. You have to take even the small ones (like the Hymalayas) for it.

Also Sepoy rebbelion is a joke - i had it force its goal on GB and all it gave was basically 1 province Indian satellite.

HPM is there any way to change ticking warscore for certain CBs, or is that stuff hardcoded? I had a game recently where I as a European nation was occupying a Balkan state to puppet it, when it somehow got in the U.S. sphere of influence. Me occupying it gave barely nothing to warscore along with no ticking warscore since that CB didn't have any so I had to invade and occupy most of the U.S.

I'm here now, what do you need?

Is this true? Are there a lot of orthodox pedofags in that part of the world?

Does anyone have that mod and EU4 version 1.16, interested in multiplayer? I pirated this copy but we can communicate on steam if anyone's interested

KONG NIGER

And to add on this once you do have small pieces of India left there wont be enough stuff for a good warscore.
How does it make any sense for an Indian nation to occupy whole India and they get dogshit from it - GB just doesnt care.

i know...

In my latest test game they have around 2.3% Japanese across Korea. I think that's pretty good considering how late they conquered.

To be fair though, all japanese there are unemployed. It seems Korea is overcrowded, which causes unemployment and pops not wanting to move there.

Taiwan frequently suffered the same problem, which a massive 300K north hand pop deciding to move tot he island and becoming unemployed, then no one would want to live there.

I fixed that for Taiwan, I can try and see if the same thing will solve the problem in Korea.
Thanks for bringing this up, by the way.

By the time Eirene came of age, she was a different woman than the one Baudouin had married. She had entirely abandoned her previously diplomatic nature; her polite, if haughty, manner had given way to aloof arrogance, refusing to communicate with her husband in anything but Greek (his was broken, which she went to great lengths to subtly mock) and refusing to speak on religion entirely. When he reminded her that she must convert by the terms of their marriage, she laughed in his face and told him that "you shall not have your wife's body, or an heir of it, until you disabuse yourself of the ridiculous notion that I shall ever bow and scrape before the Christ YOU call God."

That, for Baudouin, was the last straw. He left the room, ordered his Connetable, Joscelin, to confine her to the palace, and made preparations for a pilgrimage to Rome. He intended to meet with the Pontifex Maximus personally, if possible, to request an annulment from the "traitorous meretrix," as he referred to her.

Reform the Ancient Finnish Empire, and get that last de jure county by Estonia.

So for convenience, buy the games and pirate the DLCs, right?

french/sweden/uk somehow survived and moved to asia as wel

ebin :DDD

You could do some pop transfers to Japan to depopulate it a bit. Or to some of those Indonesian islands with shit pops.

No, for convenience just pirate everything.

HPM-kun
pls

not a lot of them, i'd say about as much as in catholicsm just less people give a shit

Based Eirene, pls don't dump her

Cost less, no width impact BUT have shittier stats, you can have fewer and I think no repeats.
Plus there is no Support Self-Propelled Artillery

Läänemaa is next on the agenda, my dude.

so guys can i stil recover and make a stable income again
or is it normal that at some point the bigger ur empire the harder it gets to make money/population for ur army

I think a smaller threshold for pop migration would be helpful for solving this kind of stuff. I would try lowering the unemployment requirements for internal migration a little bit.

If we have a more constant stream of migrants the immigration attraction nf would also become a lot more useful.

This should help with Korea, Algeria, Australia, etc.