/msg/ - Maplestory General

Livelier than usual edition!

Events, info, and news below!

--------------------------------------------------------------
>FIFTH JOB INFO:
youtube.com/watch?v=9BEqvNakAKs

>5th job skill percents and descriptions:
orangemushroom.net/2016/06/26/kmst-ver-1-2-035-5th-job/

>Pastebin of all the current new class skills for 5th job: pastebin.com/j3kVBYpR (embed)

>Blaster in July and Damien in August
>Current Events & News:
PATCH NOTES:
maplestory.nexon.net/news/11751/v-174-heroes-of-maple-reborn-patch-notes

EVENTS:
maplestory.nexon.net/news/12840/level-up-with-the-burning-project-6-22-7-19

maplestory.nexon.net/news/14061/hot-week-7-4-7-10

maplestory.nexon.net/news/14058/2x-exp-drop-event-7-2-7-4

CASH SHOP SPECIALS:
maplestory.nexon.net/news/13082/marvel-machine-6-30-7-10

maplestory.nexon.net/news/11389/maplestory-service-migration-announcement
EMS server migration with GMS coming soon. You can still play on your EMS worlds, or play on our worlds once it hits.
Discord: Ask in the thread for an invite link.

>Aries
8x/4x/6x v174+ (Updates alongside GMS). Shit. Don't listen to shills.
aries.elluel.net/
Apply to Memebois by whispering herbniqqa.

Ellinia
5x/1x/2x v162.4 Dream server. Dead.
maple.ellinia.net/
>BUDDY SUZURAN OR LEAVE NAME IN THREAD FOR A GUILD INVITE.GMS/EMS/JMS/KMS
EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE OFFICIAL SERVERS IS SPREAD OUT. POST YOUR IGN AND MAYBE YOU'LL FIND SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH.
Apply to Waifus/Casuals on Windia - Pay2Win on Reboot.
maplestory.nexon.net
>Theme of the thread: Favorite NPC!

Previous thread:

1st for Krexel

3rd for potential is a flawed system and should be reworked from the ground up

It's fine when it doesn't cost NX.

Maou-san?

LOL

1st for egg

>Play bowmaster because hold 1 button for arrow spam
>End up using some short ranged mobbing skill 90% of the time

why

most classes have 1 skill for mobbing and 1 skill for bossing
what's the problem

Level 53 casual Phantom looking to join Pay2Win on Reboot.

I want to marry Hilla.

>eyes visible through hair
stop right there

AB is a slut!

I want to bust in her!

Can I get another cryptic chest if I deleted my first burning character?

I want to kiss Orchid!

how come orchid has toes but we don't

She was given human form. Think about it, when else are we ever called humans?

Does strong early game weak late game refer to the line output which will limit you because of the damage caps? Since it's gone does that mean strong early stays strong forever now?

AB's problem isn't the damage cap, it's the fact that she doesn't shit out a million lines per second
even if she has big %s on her skills and does a lot of damage early, she'll still be pretty shit later on

does that answer your question?

There's still certain things that limit damage potential later on, ie the class deriving most of its damage from total or a low weapon multiplier. It's not as easily defined as that.

Why would lines matter without a damage cap?
Wouldn't it still depend on how much damage those lines do?
Also

>auto-party to fight Zakun
>other person leaves party immediately so they can solo it

I miss the party days, /msg/ ;_;

why would you ever need to party to fight zak?
you can fight him at 100 on a completely new account using gear you found as drops

I'm level 55

even worse

easy zak takes like 4 hits

>4 hits
This is how you spread memes, over-exaggeration to try and make a point.

it's true tho

No it's not, I've seen the heaviest hitting classes take at least a few minutes on him. Stop bullshitting people because you want to look superior.

it's easy zak
EASY ZAK
/EASY ZAK/

Easy doesn't mean OHKO

i know, that's why i said four hits

anyone with link skills done and traced starter gear can kill him in a couple hits

i speak from experience

it's not lines that specifically matter, but the %s
maple isn't particularly balanced in that way
lets say it was balanced and there were only 2 classes, one with 5 lines of 250% damage (for a total of 1250%) and another with 10 lines of 125% (for total of 1250% as well)
damage would then be the same

as it is right now, hard hitting is usually much worse than shitting out 20 million lines per second, simply because the %s don't add up, damage cap or not

I'll need a comparison of every class to confirm that's always the case.
There must be some class with a lot of lines but still shittier than hard hitting classes.

Show me a video of someone doing it in literally 4 hits and I'll do whatever you want.

Long time player here. I've been thinking about jumping back into the game, however my main is on Broa and last I checked the server was more dead than disco.

How are the other servers, do people still do a whole lot of socializing? Are any of you guys in really social guilds?

disco, you say?

Nobody socializes in GMS outside their little circles.

this is a solo game now

Well, there's Jett

>Do people still do a whole lot of socializing?
No... I've even tried to talk to people and they largely ignore you because they're too busy grinding. It's turned into a mindless self-masturbation fest where nobody cares about each other.

I'm probably generalizing too much, but even when AB was at it's peak doing 30m damage per line of trinity (and this was considered high and almost no one was or no one at all was hitting cap), she was still not the best damaging class because it was slow as shit

I don't know if this is always the case really and I don't really feel like comparing every single class

ideally the game would be balanced around everyone having more or less same damage regardless of lines and such, or trading a bit of damage for utility in the case of bishop and paladin for example, but maple's balance is ass and you know it

God that so unfortunate considering part of the games fun factor came from just idly chatting shit.

How do you cope?

So are there any active /msg/ guilds on MapleRoyals?

>How do you cope?
Knowing that Maplestory2 will come out in NA soon and will have all the nice social aspects that Maplestory use to have.

hahahahahahaha

i-it wasn't always like that...
prebb...

Taco belle is yum

>Maplestory 2 will be coming out soon

Shit user, how much longer do we have to wait. It's been years now

S-Soon, surely, it'll come out. It's been a year since the screencap of the MS mod saying to wait a year.

>MapleRoyals
>974 players online

>Aries
>522 players online

JUST

>le private server meme
i wasn't aware this was a cringe thread

Christ and I thought GMS was dead.

>le p2w official server meme
i wasn't aware this was an autist thread

When did they make it so you still keep your 2exp coupon on dc? Thank goodness for this

>le
>cringe
Back to plebbit kiddo

this last patch I think
they finally got the technology to do it

>what is reboot
Don't you have an ERP session to get back to on your little private server?

Wow, those floating meso's are pretty spooky aries

Not him, but Reboot sounds interesting. Is it its own servers? Has it got many players? Does /msg/ play it?

yes
yes
yes

Nice. And can I play from the EU? I remember years ago when I last played, you had to fuck around with proxies and shit to play GMS and it was trash.

its on gms
all progression is done through hard work and shit, cash shop is cosmetics only with the exception of pets, but you can just get a pet from hilla anyway

not sure how many people on msg play it though

its good if you don't want to deal with the autists on private servers and still enjoy the game

Isn't EMS merging with GMS? I read something about that a while ago but I don't know how soon that'll happen.

what said
not sure if you can play it now without a proxy, but if not now, soon you should be able to

.-- .... .- - .----. ... / - .... .- - ..--.. / - .... .. ... / .-- --- .-. .-.. -.. / .. ... -. .----. - / -... .. --. / . -. --- ..- --. .... / ..-. --- .-. / - .... . / -... --- - .... / --- ..-. / ..- ... / .- -. -.. / --- -. . / --- ..-. / ..- ... / .... .- ... / - --- / --. --- ..--..

yes you have to go
and don't come back

I won't give up now!

-.-- . ... --..-- .. - .... .. -. -.- .. - .. ... - .. -- . .-.-.- - .... .. ... .-- --- .-. .-.. -.. .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- - .... .. ... .-- --- .-. .-.. -.. .- -. -.. - .... . -- .- .--. .-.. . .-- --- .-. .-.. -.. .- .-. . --. --- .. -. --. - --- -- . .-. --. . .-.-.- .- .-. . -.-- --- ..- .-. . .- -.. -.-- ..--.. .... .- .... .- .... .- .-- .... .- - -.. --- -.-- --- ..- - .... .. -. -.- ..--..

01001010 00111110 01010000 01010001 00100000 01101001 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01110100 01110010 01100001 01100011 01101011

That still doesn't make sense. F/Ps shit out damage from number of lines and from DoT and are high ranking DPS classes.

Marksmen only have Snipe and it hits a total of one time and also rank incredibly high on DPS charts and have done so since RED, when untilre cently, that was their only source of damage since their summons were completely negligible and Snipe didn't (doesn't?) trigger Final Attack.

If what you say is true then Marksmen should be shit in terms of bossing and DPS, which is untrue. Unless the boss is Hell Gollux or Dorothy in which case, yes, you are right, but even then, Hell Gollux is because you are almost never in optimal snipe range, not ebcause of number of lines

Why do they nerf every single method of training from 140 to 170?
>LHC
>Evo Lab
>1st and 2nd Drill Hall
>RnJPQ
>Dimension PQ
>Monster Park

do they really want us to go back to grinding on fucking skeles or some shit?

they want you to grind temple of time like a true korean

54 68 65 20 63 72 61 7a 79 20 63 61 74 20 6c 61 64 79 20 73 68 6f 75 6c 64 20 6b 69 6c 6c 20 68 65 72 73 65 6c 66

We should have nuked the Koreans.

Where do I grind at 164?

Honestly? New Monster Park is the best at that level but you have to shovel out sheckels to take advantage of it

>Can still log in
Place your bets for when it'll hit

>3.5 mil or 500 reward points for an extra go
welp
anything else?

Wow training with a mercedes is awful.

Already tried, I'll wait for someone else to do it for me.

MapleRoyals staff are literally building up maplestory in a proper way that Nexon never could or would. The new sauce is coming soon and you don't want to miss it. I'd expect all you guys to be smart enough to start playing it. I've only been coming to msg for a few months but even I understand that it's the #1 pserver for a reason. Don't dissapoint me guys. Join royals.

-.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / .. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / ... - --- .--. .--. . -.. / .--- ..- -- .--. .. -. --. / - --- / -.-. --- -. -.-. .-.. ..- ... .. --- -. ... / - .... .- - / .- .-. . -. .----. - / - .-. ..- . --..-- / -- --- ...- . / - .... .- - / ... - .. -.-. -.- / --- ..- - / --- ..-. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / .- ... ... / .- - / . ...- . .-. -.-- / .-.. .. - - .-.. . / - .... .. -. --. / .- -. -.. / ... - --- .--. / .--. .-.. .- -.-- .. -. --. / -- .. -. -.. / --. .- -- . ... / - .... .- - / .--. . --- .--. .-.. . / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / .-.. .. -.- . / -.-- --- ..- / .-. .. --. .... - ..--.. / .... . .-.. .-.. / .... .- .-.. ..-. / - .... . / -.. .. ... -.-. --- .-. -.. / -.. .. -.. -. .----. - / . ...- . -. / -.- -. --- .-- / .-- .... --- / -.-- --- ..- / .-- . .-. . / ..- -. - .. .-.. / .- -... --- ..- - / .- / -- --- -. - .... / .- --. ---

>Royals has less players online than Khroa
J U S T

>broken content
>cancerous community
>v62
Nobody in /msg/ likes that shit

Why does this bonus stage have to be so excruciatingly long and boring?

The community is what you'd expect of most people now a days. Everything will be fixed. Better to join early than late.

Also, your name is royalsfag dude, wtf. You're supposed to be on my side. We're bros.

leave and take your shilling with you

But people do like me, unlike you I've changed. If this is who I think it is, you need to let this shit go. It has been months now, get over it.

i think it's precisely because he plays royals and loves it that he hates it and can legitimately criticize it and recognize its flaws, and that it just isn't for the majority of people, especially people who have experienced the new content and things to do.

This is coming from someone who has played maple back then and now still

you're lucky my nostalgia boys spooky and zaza aren't here to tell off your new maple playing ass

Second hand embarrassment

The server has been up for three years and the community has been on a constant decline since 2014. Stop lying and shilling it because you have no one to meme with.

>Also, your name is royalsfag dude, wtf. You're supposed to be on my side. We're bros.
I don't side with /v/bois who have to lie about how shit a server is to try and hook people in to play with them. I'm not your "bro".

I don't know you but you seem like a faggot

I can't wait until we can stack 3k power elixirs per slot.

i don't get you man

>he plays royals and loves it
he's a fucking scrub though
Compared to people like plenty and other high ranking guys in the server, royalsfag does absolutely nothing to climb to the top
not only that, he doesn't even act friendly to his royals buddies here
just trying to look cool by shitting on royals in front of his new maple friends.

Royalsfag, you start playing royals and tell everyone. You then start making friends here but since post bigbangfags hate royals you start saying you hate it too. You'll have no friends this way. Change you're trip if you're gonna be like that. dirty.