/mcg/ - Minecraft General - REMAIN CALM Edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

clients.mcprohosting.com/knowledgebase/94/How-to-Install-Forge.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm trying to build something different from what I always build... suggestions/criticism?

I think ive brought this technology to maturity. I need a newer, dumber idea.

looks claustrophobic, there's too much contrast on the color scheme, the roof could use some more work (so do the walls although in a building that size there's not much space to work with)

No windows?

It's actually really easy and simple, just gotta use common sense most of the time. Unlike the original people who built this place.

Honestly thats a shitty simple hut.
Look for tutorials a lot of them on how to build and look for inspiration for good shit.

>I need a newer, dumber idea.
How about building aesthetically?

that's not a dumb idea, thats not dumb at all. You are thinking of another user.

This bullshit is just randomly started happening today, I haven't changed my system at all since last time I've played.

Happens every single time right at the end of loading. Vanilla, modded, everything.

Java is updated, Java is the correct version, I uninstalled Java, I reinstalled Java, I sacrificed a goat. What the fuck is wrong?

The building is small and windowless because it's just a small test for now, but I do plan making it larger and, well, adding windows.

>there's too much contrast on the color scheme
Would swapping the birch roof with spruce solve it?

>1.7.10

Found your problem.

Go watch Grian's build school

Left, right or ?

Why is there so much juicy drama in minecraft modding?

right
autists trigger easily

That's nice. Could you repost it without shaders and texture pack?

Because It's an unregulated, lawless land with no form of authority or foundation. It's also a highly popular venue, a gold rush if you will, so it's always crawling with people trying to capitalize on it and ride it into fame or fortune. Since there is no regulation everyone is always trying to become that authority and control this gold mine, so enters power struggles and shit flinging. It's a really shapeless, fluid grey area and the drama unfolds when people try to shape it into their own, see ftb vs technic, lex and forge vs everything else etc, there is always someone trying to control the modding scene. If we had a central authority, or modding api like what mojang has failed to supply, simple foundation, rules, direction, we could avoid 90% of this modding drama.

You are the epitome of help.

Bump unless tread is of death

Left. Regular oak is only fit for crafting purposes. It's too neutral a color to make for a good accent IMO.

Not mine famalam, but I got more if you want to

Can we please have old /mcg/ back?

I would say left has a "less seen" style on it as oak builds have been really common for years.
Unrelatedely I downloaded this cargo ship and I want to make it better using chisel blocks and shit like that.
Any reccomendation on what blocks to use for it?

>It's been two years since chaika and brad
Wow, time sure flies

And what do you mean old /mcg/?

Huh

re class a best

Hi from magicserb

A BEST

is that a xenomorph

No, xenomorphs bleed acid, this one just bleeds cancer

You know, back when we actually enjoyed the game. Before asie came in and ruined everything.

Does Steve's Carts have an config option to reduce the 30 IRL hours before a cart is ready?

>Having the hood up
Wew

wo with hat master race

Seems legi...
> All those golems

hes building an army

he must be stopped

how do i give her the hat?

An army fueled by magic and vodka

it's creative, for doing science and plotting while my server is kill

click on her with a cake in hand

>WHY ARE YOU UPSIDE DOWN, SOLDIER?
TC Golem, actual quote

This seems like a reasonable idea...

I don't recognize that symbol with the arrows. What aspect is that?

>what aspect is that
He's upgraded his Equal Trade focus so he can change it's applied dimensions, those arrows indicate which dimensions you're set to expand.

That's the outline for the Equal Trade focus overlay when it has the Architect upgrade, iirc

so basically if he replaced all his tanks it would be a huge boom.

well shit now i gotta make a cake

Gonna try it in creative... lets see what happens.

My god this taking forever...

well that's anticlimactic... i can't get it to go off because the wand right-click action just turns the reservoir..

I could have told you that

time for achievement, yay! I sure hope you have achievement fireworks enabled

When were you gonna tell me that? I'm taking a survey.

How do you make a redstone lamp array with moving lights that is in fact vertical?
All I've seen is about horizontal ones and it doesn't help

Okay /mcg/ I'm kind of conflicted.

I want to play a server, but I'm not sure what to go with. I've always preferred a simple rustic/industrial style of playing (read: I don't do the sprawling 100x100 bases of useless shit, I am happy with a 16x16 in the side of a mountain) but that's boring when you're doing it in a single player world.

Other than botes and MUHBALANCEcraft, what servers are out there?

You hard power the blocks behind them. I can throw together a mockup of the concept if you're interested.

If you have time I would appreciate it.
I'm not after anything fancy I tried with repeaters but I couldn't get past the second layer as it got messy and knotted

Is sponge worth it?
I want to play grimoire of gaia and fun mods with people online

you don't need sponge to do that

It's honestly easier than it seems. As long as you hard power the block directly behind it (read: repeater going into the block) it will only turn on the lamp in front of it. If you hard power the lamp itself, you will power the lamps above/below it.

Alternatively, if it's for a flush design, you can power the block directly to the side of the lamp, provided that it's a solid opaque block.

We have a MCproHosting server, what do we need?

I'm not good at this but I thought you need sponge to mod servers?

such a cutie

I think I got it, It is a flush design, thanks for the heads up

you just need forge, not sponge to install mods

May I ask what the design is for? I'm going to assume a Storage Silo of some sort.

I see, Were that the case, most mods are still 1.8 right?

Most mods are still 1.7.10

There's a ton of mods on 1.9.4 (Many of which are compatible with 1.10) but they're often just new mods that weren't on 1.7.10.

Actually just a shitty "tower"like chamber of an underground library
No staircases because we are using runecraft and I was planning to add a low tier rune just to get up
Still working on the place though
On a second thought I think It may look bad like this

>Also using Doku
My nigga.

I tried to make a curved staircase using stair blocks instead of half blocks.

I shall not make this mistake again.

The concept of the library is a place where magic and tinkering meet also wanted to give it an arcane feeling

I may sound like a faggot but there's hardly any texture pack that I enjoy as much as doku
Also Chiseled sandstone was a revelation while making this library
I'm not good at building but I like how this came out (I'm not even finished, I have zero ideas for the lower part, so it risks looking like the usual 3*x shelf spam everyone does)

Doku is my go-to Resource Pack for comfy feels.

I've been trying to get a modded pack to mesh with all the added textures with it, but a lot of the GUI's seem to clash and NEI throws a shitfit quite often.

Plus it's a pack where I've put:

>ZERO magic mods. Not even tech mods disguised as magic mods. Not even EE or their ilk.
>NO "Higher Tech": No AE, No Tesseracts, No Teleporters (I think), No Industrialcraft, No Draconic Evolution
>Many 'cheaty' things are toned down: Ender Chests are at their minimum size (3x3), Chunk loaders are capped at 25 chunks, Digital Miner requires double the power (might make it more)

I'm sure I'll keep tweaking things here and there.

I play mostly vanilla, I'm not that much into mods but runecraft helps while not breaking the game too much, and it's nice to "discover" and test new runes from time to time

what mod adds these fancy ass retro levers?

Immersive Engineering, I believe.

wasnt there a mod that let you swim in gold coins, scrooge mcduck style? I need this for reasons.

There are no mods that implement flowing sand falls and systems that help extinguish fires, right?

much more satisfying than pipes

>flowing sand falls
Sounds cool

Coming back after a couple months, has anyone or anything important moved past 1.7.10 yet? or is that still the major place to be for modding

I heard something about mods moving to 1.10 but not many were going

that was a beautiful game

Watering Can from ExtraUtilities extinguishes fires...

That's a tool, though. You have to be there when it hits.

Although, there are also Openblocks Sprinklers. Do those put out fires?

Probably not, but Agricraft sprinkler systems do I think

salt factory
using only thaumcraft and it's addons, produce infinite bath salt
it'd be perfect for this general

Agricraft ones could also be rigged to an activation system. Does a "fire detector" block even exist anywhere though? it seems like an obvious thing but I've never seen fire control systems explicitly in a mod.

Crayfish has a fire detector iirc.

I don't think a "fire detector" system works, but I'm sure you could rig a redstone system to recognize if a block (fire) appears within an area, computercraft might can, I've never used it

Also, inb4 why 1.10
What mod in the Unstable 1.10 FTB modpack lets you autojump up single blocks? It's very annoying...

I heard it was Quark, and I found this
> B:"Jump boost allows to step up 1 block"=false
in configs, but it was default false and did it, so I tried True and still did it, then there is
> "jump boost allows to step up 1 block" {
> B:"Can toggle with sneaking"=true
> I:"Minimum Jump Boost level"=2
and I'm not sure if I'm reading it wrong, but my head can't comprehend what it's asking right now and I don't know what to change because the modpack takes like 5 mins to load and I want to do it right the first time

Is anyone familiar with this shit?
clients.mcprohosting.com/knowledgebase/94/How-to-Install-Forge.html
It keeps saying the server need 1gb memory at least to run forge
But this guide says that it just needs to be dirt or above (I'm dirt)
Also this looks like a fucking mess

I think i can do that... was sort of planning one for survival anyhow...

Or.. actually is there a way to get unlimited primal shards? Otherwise this is a no-go.

>I need to log on to multicraft
>I can't login to multicraft
How does this even work goddamnit this is frustrating.
Did it make it this hard to jew you 5 bucks for assisted modpacks?
I just want to add grimoire of gaia and maybe some fun things, why must I suffer

The one building design hint that stuck with me is "Don't make it symmetric."

there's a thing that can duplicate salis mundus using essentia, if that's the issue

>Did it make it this hard to jew you 5 bucks for assisted modpacks?
yeah, that'd be the issue... what's the thing?

Thaumic Bases research lets you make more

i suck at Veeky Forums, please ignore greentext...
I was sort of interested in that one anyway. lets have a lookee...

only luddites and lazy people are still on 1.7.10

BALANS POLIS

im movin to 1.10 once a few more mods get updated
after using so much agricraft over the years ive grown too fond of it to not have it