/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Crazy Charlie edition

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
E3 Bannerlord siege videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=705at0Pr4fM
youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8

E3 interview by Techraptor :
youtube.com/watch?v=txjEMt7utvE

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15.

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/2ZjZZZpc

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:

>user's ACOCK minimod
mega.nz/#F!JRQ1DRqA!Evh-3Q3uQRbaLzR4LiQ85A
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/uBak6PH.jpg
youtu.be/DRuudjlr7RA?t=16m3s
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

was just about to make one
good OP image too

B U T T E R
U
T
T
E
R

First for CoMM, the best fantasy mod for Warband

y-you too

>Khergit
>Culture

Indeed

Does Warwolf do any justice to horse archery with improved AI?

Holy shit

Thanks for putting up my key bind reference sheet. Here's an update and printer friendly version.

i.imgur.com/uBak6PH.jpg

Is the combat in this game fun enough to bother setting to a high difficulty and gitting gud at it?

Brainy bots, or you're a scrub, and yes it is

GREATEST

>try brainybots for the first time
>do tourny in rome
>pope blows me the fuck out

wew

>try brainybots for the first time
>fight a drunkard in Serbia
>get rekt

wew

I keep getting stunned by what I assume are kicks but the AI doesnt do a kick animation and they do it faster than a kick actually happens

>giving pendor a whirl
>noldor
>unimpressed at the name
>hear they're broken in a fight
>decide to tag along when they get in a scrap
>lind erebos starts playing
Holy hell, the dev seriously made them literal Noldor, didn't he?

Oh yes lad.

When you get to manual / chamber blocking levels in MP it is something else.

it is a kick, you're not used to it

But they kick way faster than I can, are kicks governed by agility or something and I never knew?

no you're just used to the AI hugging you and being able to stand relatively still while they do so
you want to move around more with brainybots, try and keep rotating left or right so they can't kick you
kick damage is affected by STR though

OH SHIT
ITS THE MAN ITSELF

Very interesting.

With Brainybots, sure. Not in vanilla. Raising the difficulty does little more than make early game harder. The AI is still pretty dumb and even the higher damage becomes pointless as IIRC, damage & armor are calculated BEFORE the difficulty based modifiers. The best armor in the game'll just no sell most anything short of couched weaponry and elite troops.

As a result, it doesn't matter how much of a modifier the game applies. 0 x anything is still 0.

As far as I've noticed in taverns, there are a dwarf, an elf, a guy called Minion, Crag Hack, Sandro and Christian as companions.
There's also a black market merchant who sells artifacts

>p - Surrender

For real? I never tried that.

>c - Battle Cry

huh

the normal combat AI is fine for new players i'd say

Help!

it's NW specific

taleworlds employee here. ask me anything

Ravioli ravioli, give me the bannerlordioli

how many isis guys have you killed so far

WHERE

IS IT

can you add dual wielding?????? its so cool!!!!!

it is not just mine to give
none
being developed
that is stupid, nothing beats shield and a sword. go watch some anime

go roleplay on reddit

>play total war, itch to play m&b
>play m&b, itch to play ck2
>play ck2, itch to play total war

might be bait but

Is it gonna be possible to extensively mod the campaign part of the game? (this includes being able to make interfaces for new things) I love the action and it's one of the main reasons it's one of my favourite games, but I'd like to see more developed kingdom/city/village management, and all that.

Also, are skills getting reworked? There are many in warband which are pretty useless or underwhelming. It'd be nice to have different skills (or to make these moddeable at least) and maybe perks as well (both for the battles as well as the campaign)

Not him but parrying daggers WERE a thing, so in theory you could maybe expand on it. Maybe something like it counting as one handed but having to have a certain rank in Weapon Master to do it.

To be honest I've never understood the sheer hatred for dual wielding that exists in general.
You're playing Total War for the big battles, but you've got a bird's eye and you wish you could be down there, so you play M&B.

You play M&B but you wish there was more political shit to do when you inevitably get into that realm during mid-late game, so you go to CK2.

CK2 scratches your itch for politics, but you want to actually see the battles play out, so you go to Total War.

It's all suffering.

>tfw no game that perfectly combines all 3

These fucking sieges
>get to the wall
>Summon Devils to start reking inside
>After a while cast raise undead

BONERLORD OH BONERLORD

Addendum to my post. I should also mention that as a result of all this, you never actually finish any of the games you started, so they sit there for like a year until you get back to the game and decide on a fresh start.

Am I in the ballpark?

Magic makes all battles trivial sadly, I can conquer a city of 1000 on my own assuming I come with 2500+ magic

Magic is proly impossible to balance without fucking it too much

Even without player magic, liches are pretty nuts

Probably the best ranged unit in the game and also use raise dead for free

let the enemy use magic
ez

AI

Inb4 they inferno their whole army to death

I haven't touched warsword since full release, how were the patches? Is the map stutter fixed? Is the horrifically large chaos model fixed?

Is there a Freelancer + Diplomacy mod that's just those two? The only one I found has some dumb extra recruitment "improvement" mod and some other mods I don't want.

yeah, check the new vampire faction here
Even your own liches resurrect dead troops

>To be honest I've never understood the sheer hatred for dual wielding that exists in general.

The only game that made it somewhat right that comes to my mind was Ragnarok Online. Only Assassins could dual wield, with base damage set to 50% on right hand, 30% on left hand, and masteries would increase them up to 100% damage on right hand, 80% on left. Also, it would reduce your attack speed by a great margin.

In the end, you had to put a lot of effort so it can be actually useful when compared to other builds against monsters, and only dumb people would use it in PvP and even dumber people would die to it because you're completely shieldless while investing a lot into killing as fast as you can before they notice, thus you're paper thin.

Meanwhile you have dumb shit like Skyrim that actually rewards you with no effort needed to use two weapons at the same time and Game of Thrones (the show, that is) with dual wielding completely out of context (or actresses who had next to no training before recording) and people tend to think that's the way to go.

that's why I never personally participate in battles in regular M&B either

Like a towel about to slip off.

I checked the update page and there's 1 patch, which has no mention of map stutter in the patch notes. They really aren't going to fix it are they?

>Holy
>Roman
>""""""""""Empire"""""""""""

>parrying daggers WERE a thing
Because people always carried daggers with them. A shield is better, but most people dont carry shields around with them. For a while it was fashionable to carry a buckler with you around town.

A shield is ALWAYS better to anything else in your offhand (except a gun of course)

When people say they want dual wielding in a video game they dont mean parrying daggers anyway. They mean bullshit unrealistic higher 'deeps' damage spam or flashy unrealistic movesets.

Thats what i like about mount and blade. Want to fuck something up? Heavy Great Bardiche. Now thats realistic!

To be honest I'd think a dual wield build would ideally work as great crowd control. You're still flinging very sharp steel in multiple directions. Most people want to stay out of range if they can.

>Meanwhile you have dumb shit like Skyrim that actually rewards you with no effort needed to use two weapons at the same time
Dual wielding in Skyrim is actually completely pointless. The game really does nothing to discourage the retarded combo of "weapon + heal spell in other hand" that you can pull from the very beginning.
>and Game of Thrones (the show, that is) with dual wielding completely out of context (or actresses who had next to no training before recording) and people tend to think that's the way to go.
Yeah, that's retarded. I'm not sure why they had Arthur dual wielding instead of using Dawn like he does in the books. Especially when they tried to be "realistic" and have Ned refrain from using Ice.

Admittedly I could see Syrio dual wielding (or having a parrying dagger) and buy it, but the guy's style leaves one hand open as is and he's clearly trained in both book and show to fuck multiple people up at once. They actually nerfed him in the show. In the books he doesn't knock those guys out, he just straight up fucking kills them.

youforgot

>"""""""""Holy"""""""""
>"""""""""Roman""""""""

Not him but you described me pretty well. I have 900+ hours of warband playtime but I've never actually finished a game, mostly because I don't like starting where I left off. Maybe it's because I know the kingdom management part of M&B is pretty bad so I prefer the early game.

Then again this shit happens in TW and paradox games as well.

>dual wield build would ideally work as great crowd control

Crowd control is actually what large two handed weapons were for.

most worn daggers weren't used for parrying
parrying daggers are daggers with generally complex hilts like main gauche daggers
>To be honest I'd think a dual wield build would ideally work as great crowd control.
using a 2h sword for this is much more effective than dual wielding
dual wielding is pretty much a modern meme thing

>parrying daggers are daggers with generally complex hilts like main gauche daggers
You are missing the point. They can be worn, they are not out of place, people arent going to freak out if you have one like they would if you stroll through town with a poleaxe.

well you said people always carried daggers with them
and they did, but generally they wouldn't be parrying daggers

The correct use of daggers

The irony is I don't really use them for that. Admittedly I use the Heavy Bastard Sword, but the only time I switch that puppy to two-handed is when I'm on the walls. Then it's block properly, let my armor soak up anything that gets through, and bring the sword down on their heads.

Ineffecient as hell, I'm sure, but it's so damn fun to just watch a shield break or someone go down whenever you swing that thing.

There's this fucker named "Farrell" who has a bunch of bands of bandits following him, totalling to close to 500 men. I never questioned it and only avoided the region they roamed, but I can't find anything about this in any floris-related page. They have roughly 250-300 in prisoners so far and it gets higher each time I see them...

that's not really comparable to a dedicated two hander
considering how large greatswords were in the 16th century

Its an evolution and based on utilitarianism. Because people always carry daggers with them, a parrying dagger is going to be socially acceptable to carry. Because people always carry daggers with them, the parrying dagger only exists because people started using their daggers in their offhand for fighting and looked for ways to modify it for that purpose. Because people always carry a dagger, carrying a parrying dagger is really not a big deal.
Compared to carrying a shield around. A parrying dagger is much more defensive than a proper fighting shield is, which most people dont understand, they think a dagger must be a weapon, but a parrying dagger is almost entirely defensive because to attack with it closes no lines at all, unlike a shield which leaves your entire side protected while you strike with it.

That depends on what weapons you're using. Daggers would create a rather small shield around yourself, and swords could do an okay job, if you could control the weigh that well, but large 2h weapons would still do a better job, as they would be larger and much stronger.

>I'm not sure why they had Arthur dual wielding instead of using Dawn like he does in the books.

I don't even know. Hell, have him use Dawn and another sword if they really wanted to shove dualmemes into our throats so much, but not using Dawn was outright stupid.

Man, Syrio was based.

Thats because the AI in this game (and brainy bots) just runs towards you with no self preservation instinct.

Two handed as crowd control wasn't for battles, it was for crowds. To keep angry peasants away.

Heavy great bardiche friend, it is the master weapon for wall chopping.

it's not really utilitarianism so much as the duelling culture of the 16th and 17th centuries
as far as i'm aware parrying daggers weren't used on the field

>tfw gaelic shields have the best designs but a paintjob I dont like

reee

I think shit like this would work if the combat was reworked a bit. Personally I would add stuff like dodging (not with rolls, but with sidestepping to the sides, and small leaps fowards and backwards) and would make the attacks have a more defined trajectory. By this I mean you shouldn't be able to move your character so much in the middle of an attack animation, which is what makes the MP combat so "flaily", as in, everyone twirls around all the time to get more speed bonus and to cover more space with their attack.

I'm not saying it should be like dark souls, I don't like that type of combat, but I think M&B's combat needs to be more than jogging around and flailing. The current system we have now + those things would allow playstyles based on different kinds of weapons. By this I don't mean every weapon should be useable on every situation, but it would allow the player to use, say, a rapier or maybe sword + dagger in situations outside the battles on the field.

Thinking about it, a game that did this sort of OK was Severance Blade of Darkness. So yeah, basically I hope bannerlord's combat is moddeable enough to get a nice mix between vanilla and severance-type of combat.

>as far as i'm aware parrying daggers weren't used on the field
They probably were, because people will use what they have available to them.

They are not optimal for that by any means. Thing is, because you are always wearing a dagger, why wouldn't you wear a parrying dagger?

Also for people using polearms, since swords in the field are sidearms and people are usualy not carrying shields in later eras because they have a halberd or something, if you have a sword you may as well have an offhand item.

I have nothing against parrying daggers, i just dont think they even really count as dual wielding. If a parrying dagger is dual wielding, then so is using a shield.

When people say dual wielding they mean using two one handed weapons, both offensively.

>why wouldn't you wear a parrying dagger?
well depending on the design, weight
depending on what you're doing it might not be the most practical design for you to have
>I have nothing against parrying daggers
i think they're fine, shields need to be more offensive
if instead of dual wielding we had offensive capabilities for offhand weapons like parrying daggers, bucklers, shields etc that'd be good

>Kraków
did they even add at least miniature of real Wawel Castle in this game for sieges?

They're called bandit heroes, you can switch them off in the mod options

Wawel Castle didn't exist in 1257

youtu.be/DRuudjlr7RA?t=16m3s

>M&B bannerlord
>with tweaked combat that added something like this
>and better kingdom/city management

I honestly wouldn't need another game if this existed.

This is the look from outside

if anybody wants to play this, there's a GOG torrent on kat
you can't actually buy it anymore

>Especially when they tried to be "realistic" and have Ned refrain from using Ice.
Considering Ice is Valyrian steel, it's probably not that heavy and it's also sharp as fuck. It's probably pure death if used on horseback.

I got the torrent awhile ago, but it was a pain to get working and it runs really poorly for some reason.

Yeah, it's a pretty old game. Still holds it's own though, and I think they had the sweet spot between the type of combat M&B has and the type of combat dark souls has. It'd be great to see something like this with today's technology.

you gotta fuck around with the launcher options
use openGL then change the options to your preference

>tfw bringing a pike to a 1257 tourny

It existed, but it was much smaller, in gothic style. Somewhere during XI - XII century (so 1200s - 1300s) polish kings started to improve it till it finally got big overhaul to look similar to how it looks today.

>no Wisła river
shameful. But I guess looking up pics of old castles and making compeltely new models with surroundings to make every city look real is a lot of work. Would be awesome though.

Freelancer 1.5something has Diplomacy built in.

Has anyone ever had a glitch in Viking Conquest where you start warping around the campaign map every few seconds, and during the warp it pauses for a microsecond?

how to stop modded 1257 from crashing

help

it's an outdated version of freelancer though

forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html

yeah, I think, but it was never significant or game breaking so I just assumed it was the game lagging or something.

Doesnt really matter though

How do I get more mana user?

How do I "Escape from the castle" in Gekukujo?
I'm supposed to rescue a prisoner, but I get caught every time I go in. The first two times, I got the prisoner, but her ran off and got KO'd.

Now I'm trying to find my way out of this japanese... place. I can't kill the guards either, because they're under the bridge, and running takes too long.

As far as I can tell it just builds up over time, either there's a cap at somewhere around 2500 or I keep having battles when I hit that point

I think mana regen might be int based or not, don't know.