>>1473691

I like reading his diary as well

Other urls found in this thread:

i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/images/07/06/columbine.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why did the Columbine massacre have such a profound effect on American culture and society, moreso than other rampage shootings in recent times?

god damn how do they pull off looking so cool

Not American and I was only 1 when it happened but I think it might be the almost movie style it played out. Two school boys recording their hatred and planning and then actually playing it out is a lot more captivating than lone adult gunman crazies. Also, even though it was 8 months before the turn of the century, I would say it was the first major massacre of the 21st century, the death toll in one hadn't gone over 10 since 1966.

it's quite interesting that even though their body count was not as high as Virgina Tech, Sandy Hook or Bath School disaster, they still remain the most infamous school shooting because of yeah what you said and I think it's even more relevant now especially with what they left behind online

hobbes n' nietzsche

Because they were edgelords who loved Industrial Metal and DOOM.

The last entry is sad. He presented himself as having a darwinist view of the world

But in the end he just wanted people to suffer because he wanted friends who loved him

;_;

>this is a bitch trying to keep up on homework while working on my guns, bombs, and lying.

I find it remarkable how they are trying to keep up the appearance of being normal and doing well, all the while knowing full well what's going to happen come April.

Also he doesn't sound like he's that much of a social outcast. He has friends, even females, and goes out to do stuff with them.

In a way, they made school shootings cool. All of the metal and militaristic imagery, and the tapes and all that helped build up this image for them that made them far more memorable than others.

I may have them mixed up here, but I think Eric had a good chance of ending up with a good life, but his severe depression hindered that.

His association with Dylan Klebold, an apparent sociopath, was a major detrimental factor. This friendship coupled with his mental problems led him into a spiral where he thought killing was the only solution.

Suffering is personally defined friend, they were also pretty disturbed so.

>heh heh heh. I sure had fun this weekend. lets see, what really happened. before going to the Rock n Bowl we stopped by King Soopers and me and and [censored] picked up some big ass stoges. we then went to the Rock n Bowl and I had a few cigarettes and one of my brand new cigars. we then went back to [censored] house where her mom had previousely bought us all a fuck load of liquor. personally I had asked for Tequilla and Irish cream, Vodka got his Vodka, and there was beer, whiskey, schnapps, puchers, scotch and of course, orange juice! so we had some fun there playing cards and making drinks. we eventually made it to bed at about 5AM got up at 10, ewnt to safeway got some donuts and then I took Vodka home. the bottle of tequilla is almost full and is in car, right by my spare tire and right by the bottle of irish cream. heh heh. I'll have to find a spot for those. and by the way, this nazi report [his school paper] is boosting my love of killing even more. like the early Nazi government, my brain is like a sponge, sucking up everything that sounds cool and leaving out all that is worthless, thats how Nazism was formed and thats how I will be too! 11/8/98

Like this passage. He just had a genuinely fun weekend (I bet there are plenty of kids who NEVER have this much fun), and then its right back to the killing. Seriously confusing to me.

Yeah you got them mixed up. Dylan was the more depressive one, whereas Eric is often identified as a sociopath/psychopath.

Are you sure? I thought it was Eric's mom that was on a 20/20 special where they discussed his depression.

Or I may still be wrong. But whichever one's mom was on that special, that's the one that wasn't outright crazy.

That was actually one of the few specials about these incidents that I respected. It didn't tell parents to check what kind of music and games they had, it told them to look for symptoms of depression.

i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/images/07/06/columbine.pdf

There's some interesting stuff in here. Like pic related. Being the guy a girl discusses her boyfriend with is never a good thing.

this is a gem too: Eric Harris on school shootings and keep schools gun free

>More and more we hear of shooting sprees and rampages on the news.
>Some can be prevented, some can not.

>some can be prevented, some cannot.

Pretty chilling, desu.

Lots of people see themselves as outcasts just because they didn't reach the level of sociality they desire.
There are people with close friends who consider themselves outcasts because they have no girlfriend.
There are people with 20 impersonal friends who consider themselves outcasts because none of them are close

No man is an island

The part about not blaming anyone but them is pretty interesting.

Also, he thought of 9/11 before Osama did

Good god, that's so droll to read.
Was he a junior when he wrote this?

They had more than enough ammunition to kill everybody in the library but they didn't, why? Were they regretting it when they got "bored" and started walking around the school?

My question is, were trench coats always out of style, or did they start the trend?

I think they only killed people one or both of them disliked at a glance.
I know they let a fat guy live because they thought he was pathetic

>I bet there are plenty of kids who NEVER have this much fun
Yeah
So would I

In his diary Eric Harris mentions there about "a 100 people max" that he doesn't want to kill. They were probably targetting "Chads and Stacies" and people that bullied them, while leaving others alone.

Pic related is pretty funny. He really really really liked Doom lol. If he hadn't pulled this shit, he would've seen both Doom 3 and a Doom movie become reality, although I don't think he would've liked them much.

I always assumed they got bored, and the feeling of killing people had kinda worn off after shooting a bunch.

Does anybody have Eric's DOOM mods?

Just google "Harris Levels"
I think i played them once

They had already played all those satanist video games and listened to to Marylin Monroe, they felt nothing shooting those kids

Matrix started it

btw, in that pic, which one is Harris? THe right guy looks much more stereotypical for this than the left one.