en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_physics
youtube.com/watch?v=-z4o8CwJR8E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for fire in outerspace

>Now I'm alone for like a week
>Still really sick
>Fever spikes throughout last night, first night alone
>Weird fucking dreams and/or hallucinations again
>Remember very little, except a vision of my floor being completely being overrun by rats
>Also memory of trying to keep them away from crawling into my mouth
>Reading lovecraft right before getting fever is a bad fucking idea

>About 11am this morning I wake up again, fever is gone but everything is soaked in sweat
>Laugh it off
>Put my feet on the ground
>Something soft under my feet, kick it away, fucking pillow or something
>Coughing is way worse today
>Suddenly freak out about wtf I stepped on
>Nothing soft on the floor in my bedroom now
>Nope

>Go out to the store for some cough drops and microwave pizza(Since cooking when sick sucks)
>Come back like 6 hours ago, overhear my downstairs neighbhours speaking
>Apparently their cat has been spazzing out to the point of jumping out of a window
>Second floor so nothing came of it
>Try to laugh it off, its a male cat and it's cat mating season so
>(My cat used to do similar weird shit during the summers)
>Carrying a rather big bag when I enter my appartment
>Something brushes against my feet
>Drop the fucking bag and almost scream, jump into the kitchen and grab a knife
>Just a wet-boot(don't know the english name) in the hallway
>Fucking hell

>Put the food in the fridge, eat some food
>Feeling alright, so I dev for abit
>But the pipes are fucking rattling
>They do it sometimes, but they've been at it for like 3 hours now
>Realize the boot somehow moved from a closet in another room to the hallway
>Can hear the cat downstairs doing those weird cats howls

Okay yeah I'm freaking out abit. Have the progress I made today.

One more thread, one more day, one more chance.

'no'

Stop being a nerd

can you stop doing that. that's kind of my thing

Nice progress but what the fuck is a wet-boot.

Are you alright spoopy?

9th for what are oxidizers

This game is sending you to hell, holy fuck.

You need to record all this shit in a journal and put all of it in game

posted this in the wrong thread.

what is the full genre gonna be?

Pic related. I'm actually not lying about this shit so words are kinda hard to remember in english (found that from googling water-boot)

Don't even joke about that shit freaked as it is

If there's anything I learnt from Lovecraft it is to NEVER write shit down. Will base enemies on the earlier visions though

Alright, so, my project.

The idea is to create a visual novel/adventure hybrid with a horror theme. It'll have many puzzles and some minigames too.

It's a story about four soldiers and their prisioner lost in the middle of a haunted forest that covers a group of mountains that, for reasons unexplained, hosts thousands of bloodthirsty abominations. There's no hope left for survival but one: bringing the radio to the peak of the highest mountain and sending an SOS.

I'm using Unity and Fungus to build it and Photoshop to create the assets. The game's visual assets are being made with collage/photomanipulation since I can't draw for shit and artists are assy to work with.

Picture related was already posted, it's where it all begins.

I'll be posting some more stuff in a few minutes. I don't know about posting videos since it's not a very action-y game...

God I hate manually rigging models. Automatic weight never fucking works.

ah! Rainboots

Hope you live enough to at least complete your game

Spoopy wtf I missed you but wtf happened after you came home from that vacation?!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_physics

Don't sleep with exposed mirrors or open windows.

Think I can trick some eager beavers on /mu/ into letting me use their music for free?

You'll be fine. Sounds like regular every day mixed senses in the desert of the real.

Your progress reminds me of Evangelion somehow. Looks really ominous and cool.

ALSO

Thrust balancing is finally demo day ready. It gives "perfect" control even with asymmetrical and unexpected thrust layouts like the one in the webm, which isn't possible with just-take-the-sign PID control. Keep in mind there's no drag or auto-brake so I still drift around a bit.

I figured out how to do hueshifting in a material so now I have 3 spider enemies of different sizes/color (bigger == harder), plus the spider boss.

will lighting burn grass?

I think I'm gonna go ahead get crouching sprited and implemented tonight, and hopefully be able to iron out the wrinkles in the player's movement so I can start getting some levels put together.

>desert of the real

>that grass
>those explosions
is this the sequel to wind waker?

hello my lovely narcissists
how is your game doing?

Holy fuck, I got an idea. And I'm fairly certain it will be successful. I'm going to dev this shit right now. Wish me luck!

I'm speedrunning

Nice FPS fag

There's more progress getting posted in this general than there was 3-4 years ago

AH, Kinda close then

Went to england, bought necronomicon (collected stories from Lovecraft, pic related). Got really really sick with fever spikes, been hallucinating some. Going to the doctor tomorrow hopefully.

I have mirror in my bedroom you fucker. But i'm more afraid of the walls.

Thanks man.

Kinda regret storing it next to my tiny meteorite piece.

What engine are you using?
Also, did you model the spiders yourself? They look good.

This is a sample of how the sprites look. I apply a series of filters that creates this hand-drawn painting effect. It's the way I found to hide edition marks and/or upscale the images I use.

Since I use open source imagery because I don't want copyrighted shenanigans, I resort to using lots of vintage photographs that aren't always in a decent resolution.

I'm pretty satisfied with the results tho I recognise the limitations.

Holy fuck! ME TOO!!!

I wish every single aspect of my life was completely different.

I can see it looking good for the game, maybe a bit harder to get portrait with emotional faces since it's a VN?

It's Unreal and the spiders are from Infinity Blade (free assets from Epic). I actually don't like them too much because they're like... armored spiders instead of spooky spiders. But beggars can't be choosers.

Let's get everybody together and have a circledev!

>Google image search
>0 hits

Wtf spoopy

What is that thing in the mirror's reflection?

This is an example of a creature I did in a couple minutes to test the collage+filter combo.

Until I can afford an artist I guess most sprites will be static. I'm testing a way to edit emotions in the faces of the original photographs before I apply the filter but the results could be better.

>Necronomicon
>Weird thing in plastic bag
>A hand fetisch of some sort
>A Meteorite

Spoopy you where fucking asking for it I hope you have salted your windowsills cause you are in for a ride.

I should get myself some of that fever-dream inspiration.

You know the drill, user. How close are you to finishing your demo?

There are plenty of agdg musicbros of decent quality

Who /making progress/ here?

Count me in!

It's not happening.

Maybe demo day 11

>NEVER write shit down
why not?

no such thing as free

Im making repairs to things that used to work, does that count?

I just started, I don't even know where I'm going with it.

Construct, GM, Clickteam

Best one for metroidvania

Not him but in most of lovecrafts stories if a character writes something down he then kills himself and/or brings the horror upon others, or speed the horror to coming for him.

I don't see them post often

I was tricket into the wrong thread. Why would you trick me? What have I done to you? I will give the player an infrared or some Electromagnetic Field vision camera that serves to spot enemys and also as a navigation tool.

As of now its a lot of wandering around but the camera thing should help you where to go.

spiders, spiders everywhere

Remember to post progress!

but anime is progress

Sure thing!

What that guy said.

Kinda considering going to the hospital right now incase I collapse or something, then i'd at least be around people.

Does the spoops helmet get progressively more shattered? It was way scarier at first when you couldn't see what was inside but that could be a cool way to show progression

Also here is some alternative design for the space spook moster in case anyone wanted to see. I dont know if you can make out anything as it is just defaul metrial without textures in blender as it is not textured yet.

How can SPACE be so beautiful and yet so frightful at the same time.

post progress in regular intervals, we'll call an ambulance if you stop.

Too sick to dev properly. I have a friend checking with me every hour or so who works nights.

Well I kind of wanted to make it transform into more grotesque forms as here

Huh was that that a method of lovecraft spooking himself into getting in the mood

>can't see anything
>wallhack outline

delete this

ignore you'll never get better if you don't let your body rest.

good enough to blogpost on agdg good enough to dev

Its easier to reaccount memories than to program i find personally.

retarded parent logic

yeah I was posting yesterday how I can't figure out how to get bounce lighting to work, so everything is way darker than it should be

I'm still not sure about the outline yet. I like it for highlighting items and NPCs to pick up/talk to, but it might be too much for enemies.

youtube.com/watch?v=-z4o8CwJR8E

>programming is the only form devving

t. lazy bum

True, but I have a headache and its like 1 am here.

Just did these to test if I could pull it. It's a first attempt but I guess I'm on the right way. What do you think?

still have yet to get to adding planets

You can't even see the game through all that UI

get that alpha support on those engines

just use ambient lighting?

outlines are generally shit, just have an interact icon

Why didn't anyone ever tell me how awesome Asesprite is?Why did I keep getting directed over to Gimp for pixely things.

I do have something like an ambient light but it's very subtle. I kinda gave up yesterday and just left everything as it was instead of trying to keep tweak it. Here's with the ambient doubled in intensity, which might be decent. There's probably a sweet spot somewhere. I want to add fog to the forest eventually which should also make it slightly less dark.

But still, I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to proper lighting. I need an artist dude to figure all this stuff out for me.

First and second are right. Third and fourth seem way too exaggerated. Try to make them more natural, less obvious.

Puzzle fps

No

Yes, authorized by shigura miyamoto himself

Thanks

Is that fucking Majin Boo?

svenska...

swe fag huh?

This isn't even his final form.

What's a good setting for a Metroidvania that hasn't been done yet?

Your mom's anus.

>that hasn't been done yet

Upload it to MEGA, senpai. I want to try it out, but I don't believe in Trial Editions.

Jajjamän, If you can make out the other letters you could theoretically be sure I was one of like 20 people.
Men förfan skriv inte på svenska var stattyetten är ifrån. Pinnigt

Need some good mecha anime openings for inspiration