/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

board.byuu.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1139
board.byuu.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1156
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4r47yu/what_is_segas_stance_on_using_bios_for_saturn/
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4r0wyl/looking_for_new_mods_as_well_as_general/d4xu7en
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4qo446/is_the_psp_still_viable_for_emulation/d4vyqzt?context=3#d4vyqzt
hastebin.com/ihesikuyiy.ini
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller
github.com/libretro/bsnes-mercury/pull/18
niceme.me/
play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Robert Broglia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What a dead general. I should have have just left it dead instead of making a new thread.

RIP /emugen/

Time to hijack /hbg/, they've had it too good for too long.

If you're only going to allow discussion of the emulators themselves, this will happen ceaselessly and without end.

I don't give a shit about homebrew games. They're universally terrible.

This place is dead. Trying to do CPR on it by making new pointless threads is just a waste of time.

Homebrew general is about piracy, not homebrew

board.byuu.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1139

>but it will solidify the gamepak concept, and forks/ports will have to get a lot more creative to work around that

Fuck you and your game folder shit.

byuu in charge of stable formats

board.byuu.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1156

game folders are fine.
but folders with extensions are fucking blasphemy.
he doesn't even try to keep to standardized abbreviations and folder structures. it's like he doesn't even care if anyone accepts any of his good ideas because he's made accepting the bad ones mandatory.
fucking asshole.

fucking rip

tuck it in

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4r47yu/what_is_segas_stance_on_using_bios_for_saturn/

Daily reminder that this is our future if we let the general die.

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4r0wyl/looking_for_new_mods_as_well_as_general/d4xu7en

>yfw /r/emulation mods redirect shitposters here

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4qo446/is_the_psp_still_viable_for_emulation/d4vyqzt?context=3#d4vyqzt

What about aspect ratios?

>tfw can't emulate sleep correctly
What should I use to emulate sleep correctly to be as authentic as possible? Bed doesn't work and I'm unsure on how accurate Chair is.
Any tips or recommendations?

He was sending mooch back here. Alegend = mooch

Kill yourself redditor

Then why the fuck isn't it called "Piracy General"? Are you assholes really so limp-dicked you can't call a spade a spade?

Worthless cunts.

Eat carbs until you pass out. Give 'em a bit to work; don't eat until your sleepy or you increase the risk of vomiting.

*you're

oh god! PLEASE JUST FUCKING DIE ALREADY /EMUGEN. NO MORE OF YOU.

>try to keep emugen alive with autism
>fail miserably

fuck everything

Nice

Shut up Mooch.

>Then why the fuck isn't it called "Piracy General"? Are you assholes really so limp-dicked you can't call a spade a spade?
Why do you think we're in charge of what the 16 year olds over there decided to name their 3DS piracy general, shitposter? People over here have been calling it exactly as we see it if anything.

Oh boy, which one of you guys did this

What a terrible thread.

>/v/

Oh well, par for the course.

Pastebin dem settings.

>people believe there is any reason to use bsnes past v94

lol

why would you ruin such a lovely scene with that filth

...The Windows port was great, on a related note. True 480p FMVs and all- shame they didn't resize the prerendered backgrounds to match.

>The Windows port was great
No. It's even worse than the FF7 port.

i'd put my gravy in that broat.

What controller should I get to play gamecube, ps2, and n64 games? Max 40 bucks preferably 25-30.

It's actually the worst port in the entire series. The world models and textures look like total shit, the music sounds like ass and is midi as opposed to MP3, and not even the re-release has analog and vibration support. Also has the same 15 fps menus as seen in FF7, where they were 60 in the PS1 versions. No amount of modding will make it on-par with the original.

I doubt you've played it.

DS3

What filth? Looks fine to me. No obvious scanline unevenness or phosphor scaling issues.

hastebin.com/ihesikuyiy.ini

Just paste it over the ones that are in retroarch.cgp after you save it with Royale loaded.

I was using the 256px NTSC version in that pic.

>Look up how to use a PS3 controller on a PC
>First method literally tells you to install malware
I was never a fan of the thumbstick positioning on playstations. I forgot last gen controllers are dirt cheap now and actually work with PCs. I'll just get a 360 controller.

Should've looked it up on the wiki:
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

I want to get into emulation but im terrible terrible at sorting files on my PC, I would jsut lose roms and shit

Any methods you guys use to keep track of everything?

I was thinking a separate partition

Why is Dolphin less demanding than the PS2 emulator?

My shitty laptop can handle Dolphin easily but needs all kinds of edits and patches to moderately run SOME PS2 games. I can run RE4 GC and RE4 Wii edition fine, but can't run RE4 PS2 edition well.

PS2 emulation is a mess. That's about it, really.

It was the first version I played. The music's pretty much the only issue of note.

The world models and textures look like "total shit" because they *always* looked like that. You can turn off texture filtering if you're that desperate to have it look like a PS1 game sans polygon jitter.

Doesn't affect the fact that a huge part of the game's appeal comes from its FMVs- and they're at double the resolution in the Windows release.

Please god someone just tell me how I can emulate Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon perfectly.

A few years ago I got it working perfectly, but now no matter what I try I get stuck with slow-downs, visual/menu glitches, crackling audio, plugin crashes, or all of the above.

>even physical copies go for like 30 bucks minimum

is that a good game? I don't remember because it was for a shitty intendo console that had no rpgs.

>I call consoles shitty without even knowing about it's games
Do you call restaurants shit if you've never eaten at them, too?

i know a mickey d's when i see the those piss rainbows.

github.com/libretro/bsnes-mercury/pull/18

Does anyone notice a difference?

So what are the best emulators for each system? The guide recommends multiple versions of each

for ps2 and wii you can try retroarch. zsnes or epsxe for anything else.

niceme.me/

.What systems are you looking for in particular?

>zsnes

zsnes is terrible and outdated.

>What systems are you looking for in particular?
PSX, N64, Dreamcast, PS2

Genesis is easy enough to find, portables are easy, Sega Saturn only has one good one IIRC, but the 4 I mentioned all have various recommended ones

>zsnes is terrible

name ONE emulator that has better snow in the menu.

>PSX
epsxe.

>N64
lol good luck. They're all garbage.

>Dreamcast
Just buy a Dreamcast and burn discs. They don't need to be modded to play burned games.

>PS2
PCSX2.

The "/vr/ approved" list

ARCADE: mame
2600: stella
Apple II: applewin or mame/mess
Commodore 8-bit: vice
intellivision/coleco/etc: lolidunno
Amiga: WinUAE/fs-uae
NES/Master System /SNES/Genesis /GG/GB/GBC/TG16/PCEngine /PCCD/WonderSwan/Lynx/Virtual Boy/PC-FX/PS1: mednafen
MegaCD/32x: Gens/GS
N64: Project64, mupen64plus
Saturn: SSF, yabause
everything else: fuck if i know

You should try Robert Broglia's emulators. They're all pretty top-notch.

play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Robert Broglia

>PSX
mednafen if you want to play your games as close as possible to them being like the real thing, or PCSX-R (the build linked on the wiki) if you want to turn up the internal res, AA, and AF in 3D games.

>N64
Latest nightly build of PJ64 (linked on the wiki) with the latest nightly build of GLideN64 as the graphics plug-in.

>Dreamcast
A combination of Demul, Reicast, and NullDC because some emulates work better than others for certain games. Dreamcast emulation is still a mess.

>PS2
PCSX2, it's trash, and you're so much better off buying a fat PS2, a HDD, and a memory card with Free MC Boot pre-loaded on it.

zmz

>suggesting paid emulators that are based on outdated code

lul

>mupen/yabause/2600/intellivision/coleco/commodore
>android
puking lol

Fucking rip

I really don't like the Dual Shocks but the DS4 is probably my fav controller. They fixed the ergonomic issues of the original design (at least for my hands).

No, fuck YOU.

And you.

And you.

You're cool.

You.

You.

You.

Aaaand....

Here's your (You) as well. Die in a fire please.

I believe my work here is done for the time being.

so generous with the you's. your so nice to correct our grammer.

lol so randumb XD

So does anyone know why there aren't any ubuntu packages on any of the recent Dolphin builds, stable or otherwise?

Anonymous 07/04/16(Mon)01:26:28 No.147402934
RetroArch-0628-003343.png (152 KB, 720x1080) google iqdb wait
152 KB

Does anyone have any experience with DS emulation in RetroArch? Whenever I play a game I get slow down and sound crackiling issues. I don't have this issue while running standalone DeSmuME after switching the sound settings to Sync Method P. But can find this setting in RetroArch. I'm not really sure why I'm getting this problem. When I first installed RetroArch and played around it with it, it was fine. And I have a pretty decent PC. I'm running a 970 with a i5 6600k. Surely I should be able to run a DS game?

Here's my specs, OS is Win 10, and emulator is RetroArch 1.3.4 running DeSmuME. I've tried increasing the audio latency in Retroarch, but no luck.

The libretro port of DeSmeME was never finished, you're much better off using standalone.

That's a shame. I really like the convenience of using RetroArch. I guess I'll stick with the standalone for the DS then. Thanks.

>after switching the sound settings to Sync Method P.

This settings was removed because it's not applicable. Only synchronous audio is supported in libretro.

Anyway, it's working fine for me with the JIT enabled and the Load Game into Memory option enabled.

>never finished

What the fuck are you talking about? Only thing not finished is the OpenGL renderer.

>What the fuck are you talking about?
OpenGL renderer.

No luck. Even with both of those options, it's still lagging and making crackling sounds. I'm not sure what caused this to happen, as it worked fine when I first installed RetroArch.

Why doesn't this shit just fucking work?

I'm trying to join a netplay server on dolphin but it keeps giving me this message, there is no window anywhere.

How fix?

See, this is the kind or garbage software development that I see all the time on the internet, and it bugs the high holy fuck out of me.

Why do a core for DESMUME at all if you're not gonna do it right? If you've no intention of finishing or maintaining it, why not let your users know by marking it as "abandoned" or whatever the fuck?

I swear, it's like having a sense of responsibility or pride in your work is seen as old person bullshit.

Maybe you have internal resolution set too high. I get fullspeed at up to 3x native resolution (with Super Mario 64 at least) with the current software renderer on a i5 4690K

Good thing no one cares what you think or we'd have nothing at all.

The person you replied to is full of shit. The only thing not available is the OpenGL renderer and that's only useful for higher than 4x rendering, but it has some issues that the SoftRasterizer doesn't have.

Good thing I don't require the express consent or approval of teenage dickheads before I make my opinion known. Shit, that might give you the idea that actual adults value your half-baked opinions and aspirations.

Oh, is that all? Shit, I prefer CPU rendering anyway.

Fewer problems, I've found.

I think tyhat may have been the reason. I reinstalled RetroArch and know it's working fine. Though it seems to stutter if I set the resolution to 1024x768. That's kind of embarrassing. A $1000+ PC should be able to handle that.

Sometimes I wonder whether each new generation of hardware is giving less or each new generation of programmers is a little shittier.

I'm trying to run Retroarch through a Steam Link. I can load a game, hear the game, and interact with it, but the screen is white. My guess is that the Link is trying to latch onto the window that gets replaced by the emulator.

>casts Cura on thread

GTFO bsnes forker, time to make your own emu instead of leeching and refactoring one you don't even like...

> Cura
> not throwing a Phoenix Down
/emugen/ can't be deader than now.
Fuck man, summer is really needed in here.

I'm having some trouble with the RetroArch frontend for Mednafen. Up until just a few minutes ago, everything was swell. I'd just scanned a directory for my GBA roms and loaded one up; it worked fine, so I moved on to scanning another directory.

However, when I added the content--my solitary nds rom for Pokemon White--the DeSmuMe worked, but when I tried to go back and load a GBA game, it crashed immediately.

I've as of yet been unable to find any fix for this issue. My BIOS file is named correctly, I've tried using the auto-updater, deleting the core and redownloading it, using another core entirely, and even deleting my .lpl file and rescanning the directory.

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Should I get a 1080ti for emulation?

CEN64 is looking promising.

If exclusively for emulation, then no.

hey guys what's up

>tfw 8x more memory than disk space

bump

Those are some nice searches. What are you running it on?

Not so sure about that anymore.

Not mednafen GBA I hope.