Alicesoft/Rance General

licesoft/Rance General #515
Last thread: Not Appearing in X Edition

FAQ: pastebin.com/jumUkvv6
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=654
Rance World Notes: mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit
Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

Upcoming

Possible MG Localisation Announcement - August 2016 (No Guarantee)

Rance X - Announced

Just Released

OVA 4 Download Links

Rance 01 OVA Episode 4
Raws
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2057092
Subbed
mega.nz/#!vMdTEbzI!MPOvbZ0pKh669t2GKtEi-fqa8JMu-FfHAXBOVrKu9PY

Recent Releases

Beat Blades Haruka (ENG)
buy from Mangagamer if you want to buy
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=1949364
Physical Edition out 1th July 2016

Released Last Two Years (See FAQ for downloads and info)

January 2016 - Tsumamigui 3 (JAP/ENG)
January 2016 - Rance 01 OVA Episode 3 (JAP/ENG)
October 2015 - Blade Briders OVA (JAP)
August 2015 - Rance 03 (JAP)
June 2015 - Rance 01 OVA Episode 2 (JAP/ENG)
April 2015 - Evenicle (JAP)
January 2015 - Mamatoto (ENG)
December 2014 - Rance 01 OVA Episode 1 (JAP/ENG)
October 2014 - Blade Briders (JAP)
September 2014 - Kichikuou Rance (ENG)
April 2014 - Rance IX (JAP)

On permanent hiatus unless localised by Mangagamer. Late 2016 at the earliest for the next Alicesoft game after Haruka.

Rance 5D - 100% translated,100% edited. Never to be released

Rance VI - 88.4% translated.

Rance Quest - 64% translated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1BkcuEz5ivo
exhentai.org/s/57a4b90c8e/593406-233
strawpoll.me/10653680
thepiratebay.org/torrent/6336260/Sengoku_Rance_-_H-Game_-_Eroge_-_Full_Game
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sentou Am

The villain of Rance Quest Magnum, a former pope and a level 3 in conversation,
Also indirectly behind a lot of what has happened in the Rance world.

Has a great theme
youtube.com/watch?v=1BkcuEz5ivo

xth for best girl

I found her by going through Crook. I knew that she was the pope and all.

Sentou Am is the name of her soundtrack, user. Her name is Am Isuel.

So what is it Am does to Rance at the end of her scene?

And I actually knew that. Not really sure why I mixed the two up.

It's funny that "sentou" translates to "sat"?

no one loves me

I confirm it

She says "Don't worry my plan wouldn't amount to anything anyway because the whale isn't even ever going to show up".

First action that Isoroku has narrated in the SR.

"Isoroku bows in silence"

How will rance deal with this? What's your guess?
Will man-whale become an ally or an enemy?

Post characters that you think were improved personality-wise from KR to New Canon

He'll become a Dark Knight. The Pink Mask of X.

What is the appeal of Alkanese

I meant this but LOL xD

i mean, woman. but well...

Special scene with rathowms waifu confirmed

He's got Demon King Kayblis hair.

Girls who are concerned about their femininity are the best.

Also she's the best fuckbuddy Rance could ask for

>when you know it's good rape but you're not into NTR
tough life man

Have Warg put him to sleep and give him infinite dreams of awful things happening forever

Pastel by far the biggest improvement

That's one possible ending but I still prefer a "final battle" consider all the possibility

Pastel and Sheila

Also Papaya by virtue of no Annis/Shizuka murder

If Baldr Sky can get localised then surely Rance is a chance for August?

Well it actually hasn't been yet. Sekai project just wanted the rights.

Not the best girl, but pretty great character.

Remember when I said that Aru was translating Haruka for MG?

And Aroduc was translating Baldr Sky?

How about each and every one of you go eat a pile of shit, you cum guzzling dickfags.

Now say that Rance is confirmed

Go fuck yourself, shitlord.

>Remember when I said
No I don't, you're anonymous after all.

I'm eating my shitty cooking right now

What chance for Rance?

That IRC channel must be leaky as shit.

Post characters who won't appear in X

See

How long until /jp/ starts hating Baldr Sky now?

Probably as soon as the first TL screens are shown.

I can't wait for Jast to announce the inevitable Muramasa translation a decade from now, and finally topple /jp/'s sacred idol.

And then it will be released a decade later

I'm pretty sure nobody would ever attempt to tackle Muramasa, but if anyone did attempt it I think I'd have a lot respect for them. That shit ain't easy and consumers would probably have zero faith in you from the get go

>and consumers would probably have zero faith in you from the get go
When has anyone ever had any faith in JAST?

I've had faith in their ability to consistently under-pace my expectations of them every single time.

I guess I do have faith in their ability to redraw comically huge dicks in their uncensored versions.
exhentai.org/s/57a4b90c8e/593406-233

They already are.

strawpoll.me/10653680

Which of these girls will Rance fuck in X?

>9

>Lia
Pregnant sex?

>connection error
Fuck you too.

She might give birth before then

I preferred onoha to sioux and kibako

hi i want to try sengoku rance but i don't know if the pastebin link is up to date or not.
its link:
>thepiratebay.org/torrent/6336260/Sengoku_Rance_-_H-Game_-_Eroge_-_Full_Game
didn't state wither the patch is 1.04 or earlier version.
i also don't know if the english patch 1.01 is the latest one out there.

The 1.04 patch is included in the English patch

so the pastebin is up to date?
the torrent link is 1.04 and english patch 1.01 is the latest?

Thread's supposed to be #516 by the way.

Next thread will have to be #517

Yes

The torrent link is not 1.04 but 1.04 is applied during the process of applying the English patch.

The torrent just includes the base game. Mount it. Run the English patch which will also act as an installer.

Don't install it into your program files.

Based on the discussion a while back on who was a permanent party member.

This is a chart of characters who have been Rance's party members in at least 3 canon games.

Now there are a few things here.

Sill is considered a party member in 01 because even though she's not in battles she's working closely with Rance and following him.

Likewise Feliss is down as a party member in IV. She gets summoned by Rance a fair bit and takes part in a lot of the things and is an active member of the group.

Shizuka is down as a party member for Sengoku because the History blog post for her had her Sengoku appearance down as canon.

Rick joining the party in Quest however is unlikely to be canon given it happens in the same patch that let's you recruit Am so I didn't include it.

And yes this does mean that you actually do get to use Maria in battles in more games than you use Sill.

thanks

And since Shizuka is in your party for one fight in 2 she can also be used in battles in more games than Sill

Did we forget the 4.x games?

Not a full game so I deliberately didn't include them.

But it would have one more game for Rance, Feliss and Athena

Soon.

Soon what?

It will be August and we can put all this unfortunate business behind us.

Is it Rance VI?

Even if a Rance game was announced by mangagamer, I think it's unlikely most of the butthurt would go away.

Probably not.

So I am not really following Alice Soft translations anymore since Manga Gamer effectively killed the translation scene, but I wonder, whatever happened to the translators now?

Is Arunaru still working for Manga Gamer? He said he will translate Haruka but if they don't give him something he actually wants after that (like Rance) he will jump the ship. Is he still working for them?

What is Maria doing? Seeing as Quest is still at 64% she is obviously not translating it anymore. Is it known what projects she is working on?

I think it would at least do a lot for the lessening the real bitter ones. Though that assumption is probably naive thinking the best of others.

Aru still is. Haruka broke him and now I think he's been hinting at what he's doing is moe and has lots of blowjobs. I don't think he's doing anything that was just announced so its' probably one of the August announcements.

Arunaru is still working on them. He's doing a Chuable Soft game and is apparently working on something else which has a reasonably good chance of being an Alicesoft game.

Probably not in my case at least. I have no issues with Aru but I can't forgive Maria or Guyzoo.

But I'll happily be a paying customer if the release interests me.

He's doing the chuable soft game that was just announced and another title that has gameplay which is either what people are assuming or close to it.

He's doing SukiSuki, the one that won the Moe Award Game Design for 2015. Just announced in AX.

Maria still doing stuff for MG as well, I think. Hints are probably that she's doing Sona-nyl.

If it is a game he is working on, while VI is mostly done, then maybe Alicesoft really wanted the Rance series on the chronological order after all, with 01 coming first.

MG would probably opt for 01 anyway even given 5D and VI are mostly done. The OVA ended not a month ago. They'd have to be biggest idiots the world to not strike while the iron is hot and announce 01 if AS actually gave them the chance.

While it makes sense chronologically and with the OVAs out, there's a bigger incentive for it, it will really screw over 5D and VI due the art being jarring dated compared to the rest.

And really, the common buyer will probably overlook it just for that reason alone.

Yeah, but considering that Alicesoft is the one that makes the choices here, I think TADA would want them to do 01 first. He wants to do the remakes exactly so people could play the whole series from start to finish.

MG wouldn't let them release straight fan translations without QC.

I did say mostly done. Most of the added dev time would probably be decensoring images though. QC on the script would take considerable less time unless the translator and editor completely fuck the pooch on it.

Didn't AliceSoft have their images archived for Haruka already?

Or maybe it's not Rance.

Or maybe he still has 10% left for VI

Nobody in Japan played the games in chronological order

Only speaking for myself but for me a lot of it wasn't that the game was delayed. I'd had years of Ludo to come to terms with those things happening.

It was the feeling that I'd be deliberately led to believe something else. I'm fine with them going up with a master plan or what not but there was no reason to go around leading people to believe something else was happening.

Respect has to go both ways.

With Ludo I got the sense that he just bit off way more than he could chew. Not any master plans or anything like that.

I think they will start with Rance Quest

Rance 01 sounds fine and all but what are you doing after it? Rance 02 with its awful gameplay? Or just skip straight to 03? Whats with IV and 5D? VI is already getting pretty old as well

Rance Quest is not only the sequel most people who played Sengoku Rance wanted but also has extensive background info on the towns,countries and characters, so not playing the older games is less off an issue

Alicesoft doesn't consider 5D and VI to be old remember.

Rance Quest would still be the stupidest move considering it's mostly a celebration and call back to characters and events previously in the series and unlike SR, Quest Heavily relies on those backgrounds. Magnum is a slightly different story but it's still built off the base quest game so it still applies

Yeah don't they still sell them through their website?

5D and VI are really the start of the modern games. If they're going to do them at all, it'll be at the start. And for what it's worth the art holds up fine.

Alicesoft still sell Quest and Magnum separately

Arunaru wouldn't be translating Quest anyway

Here's a thought, why don't they just jump around.

01 to 5D to 03 to VI then chronologically from there. The jump from 01 to 5D isn't that big and the characterization is the same. They're both mini-adventures for Rance, when compared in scale to the other adventures and this way you give a good introduction and get the troublesome middle game out of the way.

Next you go with 03 because it sets up thing with Patton and give introduction to Kanami and the Kanthom gang which allows you to go to VI.

02 is left out sadly, but I don't think the gameplay of II will make it. If you have to put it in, maybe after 5D but before 03?

That would be ideal. I/d suggest

VI (maybe with 5D) - Sengoku - 01 (maybe with 2) - Quest - 03 - 04 - IX - X

>mfw I realized the fuckup world of Rance is still more united than our world

We have continents more unified than the continent

Literally only because it's a story that the original creators want to write an ending for. if Rance was written like a cape comic with constant new blood fueling it, it would be a purgatory of suffering.

you mean Antarctica?

>Rizna not in 5D
why?

australia