/vn/ - Freedom edition

Visual Novel General #1126

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT

>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:

1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Visual Novel Translation Status
warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&search_tripcode=!!UcDDlzwANFs&search_op=op

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:
pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs/

This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/sekaiproject/status/749822154879995904
twitter.com/Deoto/with_replies
twitter.com/The_Doddler/status/749812735349706752
twitter.com/enjoievan/status/749823101865635840
twitter.com/RPGSite/status/749827674294644737
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for MG getting absolutely BTFO

This is what happens when you trust a lolicon.

Someone bomb Sekai please

I like lolis and dovac ruins everything once again.

>Nekopara anime
why

>Sekai project has blown Mangagamer out at every con this year
Will anything ever go right for them?

>twitter.com/sekaiproject/status/749822154879995904

I never asked for this.

Chuee you piece of shit you guys better not let them take the lolis in AstralAir from us
I can forgive you guys for SakuSaku, DONT FUCKING GIVE THEM ASTRALAIR

Why haven't you started learning Japanese yet? The VN translation scene is just going to get worse and worse and SP hogs all the good games and shits out censored titles with shitty translations. You're already a fucking weeaboo playing chink dating sims, might as well embrace it and start understanding what your waifu says.

I want to rail the trains.

I fucking hate sp but damn how do they do this shit. Why can't jast or mg get any big name titles?

MG pays me $1/30 posts insulting SP or other competitors. Better yet, I believe it to begin with, so it's literally free money.

If MG doesn't win the Augustbowl I'm out

Cause I already barely have enough time to play my Japanese localized games (not just VNs), let alone doubling my backlog through and learning another language. This year especially has a shitload of releases and I'm just buried.

Why learn Japanese when in a year's time I can do other shit, and then play Baldr Sky?

stuck behind the kanji wall user ;_;

Maybe they should spend that money getting better licences lol

You didn't think you were getting out without a kickstarter announcement, did you? Pay up retards, keep eating up our shit.

>but damn how do they do this shit

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien official localization?

Chances of this hot blonde bimbo maid being a virgin?

I'll count a win for SP once they actually fucking release anything good that wasn't already translated.

This is the world you choose to live in
>100 dollars for 8 cat-nendos

The Nekopara meme has gone too far.

You know what, you can shit on SP all you want on Veeky Forums and reddit, but all of that doesn't matter one bit in Japan where they're actively getting more and more licenses under their belt. They can keep on using the prestige from these big announcements to score more.

>I really like Frontwing and have wanted to support them
after Purino Party and Sharin no Kuni I'm not sure if anyone can say this anymore

You're right. I should just support Sekai.

twitter.com/Deoto/with_replies

What's going on here?

Or you could shut up and learn Japanese

Only August can save MG now.

>hey user you dirty eop baldr sky is going to get translated congrats for you
>oh nice thank you weeaboo friend who's in charge of it
>sekai project

is this concrete proof that there is no such thing as a benevolent god?

What's a Phil-Fish?

Hopefully they collapse under the weight of all these expensive licenses

For every 1 /vn/ or Reddit EOP there are 10 steamtards that will buy anything with an anime face on it. Good night ;)

He won AX

Hopefully they go under within the next year.

twitter.com/The_Doddler/status/749812735349706752

Poor Doddler. Dude had been helping with Baldr Sky for awhile now and they didn't even tell him it was getting licensed. He's probably not going to get paid with the others too.

Being Doddler is suffering.

Doodler confirmed cucked.

Did SP say anything about FUCKING CHRONOCLOCK?

Don't answer that, I'm sure they didn't.
Someone bombs SP's HQ when?

twitter.com/enjoievan/status/749823101865635840

I'm still confused if they're using Aroduc's translation or not. Someone was saying Conjueror was being sarcastic about it.

I doubt SP would just disregard other team member's work on the game though. They're not that shitty to the people that buy TLs from.

This will never come out. How foolish can men be, to defy the gods?

Maybe his company should take a risk for once in their existence

Man, they could have been our saviors if they hadn't fucked up pr and management. Even with the maitetsu thing, people would have made a fan patch with less backlash. I just hate their business ethics

>$100 for 8 nendos
Cheaper than most nendos tbqh.

If we remove pre-existing/currently being made fan translation and kickstarters, how much did they actually announce?

kimi what now

Chuee, you traitor you. I bet you'll sell AstralAir to the enemy too.

It's because SP is mismanaged. They haven't had a single year that they've been in the black despite having ridiculous advantages in this market since the start. Dovac is a retard and overspends to get licenses, draining all the Kikestarter and OELVN money away. He's basically in a race to get all 'dem BIG NAME VNs, when the reality is that they that profitable and marginally risky unless you manage to have a good deal or a Kickstarter. To make things worse, since Dovac sucks at business, he overpays for everything.

Contrast to MG who is used to working with low inventory movement, so they tend to make percentage based deals combined with lower prices, and aren't afraid to not pursue more popular titles. They tend to go after middle-of-the-market moege and niche titles, usually older ones that are affordable. Generally speaking, MG is presently very well-managed and will survive for the decades to come, and has been for years, thus creating a very good reputation and general goodwill that none of the other competitors have. Sekai Project is built on a rickety foundation. Worse, the situation might be so bad that the reason he desperately keeps localizing everything under the sun that has a nearly complete fanlation is because of the almost immediate profit, which helps to get around his cashflow issues. It's only a matter of time until Dovac's house of cards collapses under it's own weight.

Is Degica going to make a kickstarter for it as well?

OELVNs and some Vita ports.

Leader of Best Korea

They're fucking statues.

> My posts are now a copypasta to shit on SP.

I'm as proud as a mother watching her newborn walk for the first time.

Only evn shit and vita ports.

Some of you guys are okay. Don't go to SP HQ tomorrow.

To the surprise of no one.

I'm totally okay with that though, assuming they knew ahead of time and had this actually planned out.

Godspeed.

>I'm still confused if they're using Aroduc's translation or not.
Yeah, I'm not sure about that either. There's conflicting information.

I'm assuming Aroduc is working on it for now since I don't think he even works at JAST anymore.

>I doubt SP would just disregard other team member's work on the game though.
Yeah. I would think so too, but The Dodd has absolutely no info on it seems. Herkz knows about it and he wasn't even working on it.

Hopefully he didn't get cucked.

Don't worry guys I'm hiring Daiz to eliminate Sekai Project. He's the best hitman there is.

Yeah, that guy has been posting KGNE stuff for a while now, it was bound to happen.

You should've just done it today.

>People defending manga gamer

I never thought I'd see the day desu senpai

What does MG need to announce for you to get hyped?

WHO UPDATES VNDB? I SWEAR, WIZARDS DO IT.

THIS WAS POSTED LIKE SECONDS AGO AND IT'S ALREADY ON VNDB. FUCKING MORPHOGENIC FIELDS, STOP PREDICTING THE FUCKING FUTURE DAMNIT.

WHAT KIND OF PERSON DOES THIS?

Maggot Baits 2.

O boy more kickstarters

twitter.com/RPGSite/status/749827674294644737

How do we feel that OELVN have now been confirmed superior?

You work fast user.

If they announce a partnership with August they will have won. They have multiple god-tier titles.

I know a lot of people have been saying that Conjueror's secret TL project might be Eustia since he's been dropping hints about it for awhile. But who knows

Monobeno or any other good lolige uncensored.

August

>kickstarters
>Fan TLs being picked up
>Sekai project winning
Fuck this I'm learning Japanese.

>he browses /pol/

LOL /jp/ confirmed better general

The death of sekai project.

Eustia, Daitoshokan, or Hatsuyuki Sakura. That, or Rance.

They had a rocky start, sure, but they're pretty much the best in the business at this point in terms of consistent quality.

Interest in titles is something entirely different.

I was really confused when the Degica/age guy was talking about spamming sayori with requests for Kiminozo.

But since it's unclear, the remake would be done with Sayori's art. I would get behind that.

A hostile takeover of all SP licenses, a straight up firefight happens between the two companies while on stage, everyone dies, ZUN comes out from the side after the last combatant expires, puts his hands up and says "werr, guess dey shud hav dodge de burrets!", laughtrack, end of act 7.

>That, or Rance.
I'd be fine with Evenicle too. In-fact, that may be a pretty safe bet for them considering how much of a meme Nan Yaegashi is in the English community.

I guess in time we'll see. After falling for one of the early SP kickstarters and experiencing their shit, I'll never be supporting them again. Still, I hope MG gets at least one big title this year since poor jast is falling way behind

Rance is also a meme too. Guarenteed success. Even my fucking normalfag friends know about Rance.

>Seikai Project does Rance for Steam

>Chuee hasn't shown up
What does this mean guys?

I hope Visual Arts eventually translates Hatsuyuki Sakura. Literally a timeless classic.

Evenicle would be fine too. I wouldn't get as hyped as I would with the other options, but it's still pretty gud.

He posted last thread. I hope the guilt eats away at his heart like his betrayal has eat away at mine ;_;

Dovac managed to buy him, he has now converted to cowtits and has no interest in lolis anymore.

That one user that kept posting about KimiNozo is finally getting his wish granted

He's a SP employee now hopefully he fucks off for good.

Chuee betrayed us. Now he's going to translate AstralAir and twist that dagger once more by giving it to dovac on a silver platter when it's near completion.

Traitor. If you sold it to MG or JAST, I'd be okay with that, but Sekai Project? reeeeeee

An absolute disgrace to all lolicons. Worse than kirby.
He'll probably fuck off to reddit.

>poor jast is falling way behind

They have to know that at this point. They've probably got a secret weapon or two hiding away.

I'm not worried about MangaGamer, they're playing the long game for the companies they work with. I'm disappointed that they're going for Maggot Baits (it's really one of ClockUp's mediocre titles out of all the ones I've played but that's me), but I expect something out of the Alicesoft partnership and stuff and other future partnerships. Weaker titles or titles that aren't as popular to get your foot in the door and convince japanese companies to work with you (and prove you do decent quality work without having to shill for Kickstarters) and get you later titles (As in Rance or Evenicle for Alicesoft, other titles for other companies. Trying to do anything to please Lilith as a company is near impossible so I've given up hope on that ages ago.)

The threads might be good again.

Fuck (((Chuee)))

Their only secret weapon is the ability to delay releasing things long enough for their licenses to expire.

Not even shitting you, it's going to happen soon.

Degica? Are they cool dudes?

>Muv-Luv x Nekopara VR collab idea being pushed by Kouki and Sayori
Literally what the fuck am I reading

Well AstralAir is already done, actually. I can empathize with his team about wanting to get paid for their work. Sekai sucks, but they pay translators well. So, yeah. I feel a bit miffed that I'm not getting it as soon as I wanted but whatever.

I'm praying AstralAir doesn't get taken too, though.

Euphoria is probably their best selling game of the last year so it's a no brainer they'd go for Maggot Baits. The fetish stuff is what sells.

But yeah, I'm disapppointed that they haven't announced any Kamige.