Subnautica General /sub/

I've Got Gadgets and Gizmos A'plenty Edition

Trello: trello.com/b/yxoJrFgP/subnautica-development
Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/264710/
Wiki: subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Subnautica_Wiki

>new thread only after page 9 and 750+/250+ images
>you want thingamabobs? I've got twenty

What is the centrifuge suppose to do?

Welcome aboard, captain. All systems online.

Might be for biological samples and work in tandem with the Transfuser.

Probably part of the bio analysis system, where you need to process the DNA before injecting new stats into yourself.

analyzes blood samples for the transfuser

Need an X-ray device that you wear over your goggles and can see through objects and stuff.

God I hope its for a dart gun.

Is there a purpose to the Fire Extinguisher after you start the game? The fires on the Aurora are a joke to walk around, and the only other hot stuff I've come across was a vent that roasted some fish for me.

it can push you around underwater, that's about it
I think they mention doing something with it on their trello

Finally got my Cyclops
Can I park it somewhere like with the Seamoth->Moonpool?
I don't want to leave it outside while its battery dies

As long as it's not moving, it won't use any power.
Also, put a Cell Charger in there, it'll charge two batteries for each one it uses to charge them.

fuck I have to lug everything to a new base. Gonna start tomorrow maybe. Will the new update break saves at all?

When ever I try to put in screenshots they come up as blank squares, when I take one ingame it does the same. What do? I can't find anything about anyone else having this problem.

Yes, it'll break every save.

try alt+enter and then screenshot?
didn't have this problem so not sure

>Will the new update break saves at all?
it usually does. Just use the console and build a new base when it hits.

Will do, thanks
Is the cyclops indestructible by monsters?
There are places I have yet to visit because Leviathans

It can be forced below its crush depth, otherwise, no.

It can be damaged my depth and collision I think, but creatures don't attack it. It gets cracks in it that you can repair with the welder, the same as bases.

Hopefully they'll expand the size of the map in the future and give us a small VTOL flying machine for transport around the various islands.

nice, fuck leviathans
one more dumb question: where do I get a cyclops pressure compensator?

What is there to do after you build a cyclops and aren't interested in building bases?

Also is this game really being released next month? Theres a lot that needs to be added/fixed...

Okay, I repaired everything in the life pod and I've built myself a little two-room base on the ocean floor nearby. So other than building some neat stuff to put in there (because the limestone won't give me any fucking silver lately), what's next, friends?

And don't say the heat signature in the distance
That's TOO for away and TOO scary

H E L P

My submarine has gone airborn, gravity has ceased to exist and my submarine has ascended to a higher plain with me inside.

time to explore the space

I JUST WANTED TO EXPLORE

There's silver in the stone all along the red grass area.

scan the fragments for it

Make a radiation suit and repair the reactor in the crashed ship.
Scan fragments and build a submarine.
Silver comes from sandstone not limestone, you can find some in the red grass areas.

>tfw beached your Cyclops

Do seamoth pressure compensators not stack?

use the terraformer to free it?

I jumped out in my seamoth and it launched the cyclops free

No, you have to upgrade the compensator with the modification station.

Has anyone ever made use of the dive reel?

Thanks. I just need silver because I'm prioritizing getting a fabricator in my base so I don't have to make trips back to the pod all the time.
I also made some preemptive expansions to the base because the materials were clogging up my inventory.

Anything in particular I should be building before other things?
I wanna get this seabase party started right.

The Seamoth turns slowly, and I've got my sensitivity up high as fuck on my mouse. Is it supposed to turn so slow?

It has a maximum turn speed, but it still turns pretty fast imo.

0-4 Work on getting dat Cyclops and expand my base a bit
5-9 Play Stonehearth

After ten hours I finally started my base, have yet to get all cyclops blueprints though.

Get a health kit fabricator and build an alien containment. Slap 3 of the same fish in there and they'll breed for easy food.

Put my base on the edge of the shallows. Might relocate to the mushroom forest or the blood kelp area when the patch hits. I'm gonna miss it though. Color customization when?

Other user here, for food I got melon seeds from the island, they sprout insanely fast, and heal both food and water, im never out of melons. Forevery 4 melons I eat, I cut one for 4 seeds

I lost my shit.

You didn't get the orange fruit from the island? You don't even have to replant that one, they grow on trees.

shit nope i didnt.

The lantern fruit are better. They give you less food/water but they don't have to be replanted.

>seamoth explodes inside of Cyclops

Top tier game

Amazing, tell me if you see any reapers from up there.

Literally how?

user NO YOU TOOK TOO LONG TAKING YOUR SCREENSHOT YOU'RE DROWNING

>Save game
>Literally fill my inventory with Airsacks
>Make all the water
>Go to put it in a locker
>Game crashes

First time since I bought it that it crashed, and it picks when I finally find more than one Airsack in a game day. Fuck.

So what are the unassigned areas going to be?

>Not playing multiplayer mode

make a large aquarium and put 2 airsacks in it

wait a day

gratz you got infinite water

>see this

wat do

embrace the void

feed it peepers

Do a 360 and putt away.

arm the torpedoes

Large rooms when? Large alien containment when? Sub that can fit 2 cyclops inside its "hangar bay" when?

he probably went deep with the moth docked inside. The cyclops doesn't protect the seamoth from the water pressure with it's own crush depth

lost river

I literally cannot use the cyclops

>controls like an 18 wheeler
>fat ass runs into everything
>can't see shit while driving it
>drops my fps to like 8

You have cameras and a collision alarm

I thought the same thing at first. I kept trying to use it as a giant upgrade to the seamoth so I tried to drive it everywhere. It's just supposed to serve as a mobile base that you park far off and dive with your seamoth and exosuit in the next patch.

Smugly blink your lights at it and zap it with the Perimeter Defense System when it gets too close

The no fps makes it good for not even that, for me

is there ever any reason to go to the sand dunes. At least with the mountains you have to go there to get the remaining cyclops fragments. Theres literally nothing in the dunes aside from sand sharks every 5 square feet and shit tons of reapers

>drops my fps to like 8

That's a nasty bug but it can be fixed.

The solution is to destroy your Seamoth and build a new one. Apparently if you have a Seamoth and you do construction something weird happens that somehow makes piloting the Cyclops kill fps.

Just take all your Seamoth upgrades and power cell to your inventory and destroy the Seamoth and spawn a new one by typing 'spawn seamoth' in the console.

I hope they plan on expanding the map at some point. Even if its just different arrangements of the same biomes.
Once you get the seamoth the game really loses the feeling of being an endless expanse.

I remember reading on the official forums that they are toying around with the idea of a randomly generated world outside the main play area.

I can't see that happening if they remove the voxel terrain.

FEAR ME THESEUS FOR I AM THE MIGHTY MINOTAUR!You use it to track where you've gone in wrecks and maze like caves.

So I have a pressure compensator mk 3 and a storage module for my seamoth, what other two upgrades should I absolutely have for the seamoth?

Thats an old map, west unassigned is now sea treader land.

Go to Sparse reef instead,

Also doesn't have the Blood Kelp near mountains.

They really have to add more useless base items, blueprints, more sea monsters that are actually scary (that bigass blue thing is the scariest because of its size, leviathan is a joke)
The game loses its magic after getting your cyclops as there's nothing left to do
Also bigger buildings so I can make a comfier base

Solar panels and a defense field or torpedoes.

Or you can stack storage modules and use it for longer gathering trips.

>solar charger
>defense system
>pressure compensator
>sonar
storage has too little space to make much of a difference imo

Thanks, I went with solar panels and defense field.

There is some one on the planet hunting survivors...

ok now I'm spooked even if its not true

Why do you think TWO ships crashed?

Where is the island at? I want that sweet, sweet lantern fruit.

but there's only one big ship, the aurora?

look at the ship's engines. head south-west in the direction they point at. you will see it

The Degasi crashed first.
Three survivors lived on the floating islands.

use this map
basically just swim to the opposite direction of the ship's butt and you will see the island

Then who made the fucking old bases? Have you not even read the PDAs? Both ships were shot down by something on the planet, it makes me think of the big bugs from starship troopers.

Yeah the data logs, there was another ship that came before yours.

another ship crashed before the aurora. the old bases you find on the island were built by the survivors

There are logs for survivors you can't find, each pod is broken into roughly the same way. the hunters have logs of when they killed them and know about you, but not where you are.

my bad, haven't read the data logs
also the stuff on the island had to be build by someone

Disgusting creature deserved it.

Didn't some one say it was the warpers in the last thread, like they were the old survivors or something?

fuck you
I also just noticed that their face is literally a little gasmask

>go to base
>build some new stuff
>do fish farming stuff
>turn raw materials into stuff I'll use later
>grab my medkit
>"huh nothing left to do here"
>"I'll just uh, I'll just take an extra minute to think, make sure I've done everything"
>"M-Maybe I could build a new thing over there"
>"I-I can leave any time I want, I'm not scared"

Do you? Do you really?