> Free audio
machinimasound.com/
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/
freemusicarchive.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/wYbKbStp
twitter.com/TheeWhiteReaper/status/749849130667741184
news.cdn.leagueoflegends.com/public/videos/2014/september_2014/animation/yasuo640x360.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Free released cute 2D or 3D girl yet?

Where can I find good tutorials/information on using UE4 structs, enums, whatever to do RPG stats, skills, hit points, items, etc?

Is it normal to not really care about playing videogames anymore but still really really want to make them?

How often are demo days?

Every two months.

>stats
>skills
>items
those are all pretty different things. you can make structs and enums like this:
pastebin.com/wYbKbStp

I haven't done any actual progress on the farming part of the game in ages. I often forget its a farming game.

happened to me

Increasing the jump height seems to have helped a lot. Should probably add some more enemy types but that is low on the priority list for demo day right now.

HARD WORK
AND
GUTS

It doesn't have to be a farming game if you end up not wanting it to be.

Why does my character float whenever I hit play in Unity?

If I use a sphere/cube/capsule they stay on the ground and work perfectly, but the moment I load any other mesh (for ex. chibi mummy or kitten from the asset store) they start floating in the air whenever I hit play (as if the models had invisible legs or something under them). Everything else works (movement and other functions).

I have already added the Rigidbody component and locked in the X and Z axis in freeze rotation and it changes nothing, same goes for any other combination of settings in the Rigidbody component.

Any help is really appreciated, if I can help you with anything in return I will!

i dont believe you

screenshot pls

floating as in the collision box is larger than the mesh? or it just doesn't fall?

shitty girls from shitty animes

Added sound polish to the shotguns, and glow to the portals.

I also fixed the "Feature" I mean bug. Though later in the game when the difficulty ramps up I will for sure have portals with spikes to fall on top of if you don't press the right input going in.

If you want to listen to this with sound, complain to Veeky Forums mods for not letting sounds play in webms and click this link to my twitter and hit the sound icon.

twitter.com/TheeWhiteReaper/status/749849130667741184

These may be "is your computer plugged in?" tier but did you make sure the gravity checkbox is checked? Or Is the collider for the imported meshes actually fitting around the model?

Are you making a Castlevania clone? It's looking really cool.

Yeah, I couldn't tell what felt odd in the earlier videos, but now it really looks better.

nothing you said is true

wouldn't it make more sense if they were cute looking cannons instead of guns?

>schkqlixels

What would it take to get you to stop shitposting this "game"

>actual progress is shitposting

now this is podracing

>Bullying a yesdev.

You call that progress? lmao

Your game has been going backwards since you got here buddy.

stars still don't seem intuitive at all as teleporting devices, glowing balls still look like collectibles
these antique muskets look hilariously out of place compared to everything else in your game, as do the pixelated smoke particles
lower the blue filter down a notch jesus H man

Sorry for taking so long for the screenshots and thank you very much for such quick replys!
As you can see the gravity checkbox is checked.
Please ask me for any screenshots you might need and again thanks for the help.

sfx is better than I expected, bokube spawn is actually pretty cute

he's a (you) collector and has like 2 devoted fanboys to his progress, so never

Progress time:
Implemented new AI for the Hunter.
As you can see he is smarter now, his movements are cleaner, and most times he will choose the shorter path to catch you faster. Now I just have to test him a lot to adjust the difficulty level, and look for any bugs.

Thanks, and Metroidvania yeah.

I was debating over changing the tile size but then I realized that was a stupid idea so increasing jump height was the way to go. Ending up looking at another game's jump height to get a general idea of how high a jump could be and not make vertical platforming awful feeling.

That pink light is really confusing me, can you make it a bit less bright? also you need some teleportation effect so people get that he just teleported.

just to be sure something like this isn't happening right?

The little pause when he looks around is great

I don't like the gray pixels in her hair, makes it look muddy and vague

Do you have any other art of your character?

Yeah I reckon cannons would look nicer than muskets. Also I reckon you should give a little animation on the tele-stars to convey the action a bit better. Like when you touch one they could both stretch and squish then you come out the other end.

i wouldn't know too much about that considering i haven't made a 2d game before or used game maker.

one thing to note is that the blender game engine is a 3d engine. so you would have to set up your assets with that in mind (set camera to be orthographic, make sure models don't move along the third axis you're excluding, etc.)
also, since it's a general-purpose 3d engine, it's not built with any particular game in mind and therefore isn't optimized to aid in the production of any one type of game.

i suppose that's why most people just use the blender game engine for prototyping and then move on.

They are cute guns! I even have cute tanks as well, I'm saving cute cannons for a later trap that won't be in the demo day 9 demo and will be in the full game. All projectile traps act differently so I need cute guns, tanks, cannons etc to vary their look for their different purposes and AI.

B-b-but its just progress senpai.

No;
This user is not me but I agree with him. Though if you have feedback nodev on how I can not make my game go backwards kiddo you're suppose to do tell instead of literally actually being shitposting.

Guess il lurk in the steamchat instead of the thread for a few days like every other yesdev if it makes you nodevs feel better :')

I will add that thanks for the tip. The pink light is actually the red glow of the red star portal.

Got anything else that could be a C U T E portal? The glowing balls mark where you can step and the portal will effect you.

The muskets are as toony as everything else, they aren't antique with realism they are cartoony and hand-painted so they fit to me, il have to get more complaints to dive deeper into that.

The Blue filter is for changing shadows to blue instead of black because I got more than enough feedback on how people don't want black shadows in toon games.

Wonderful! This was the update I was looking for since I've played your game at the Jam. The little animation at the pauses really puts the cherry on top.

In GIT, whats the difference between origin, master, and head?

literally triple click your sentence and right click->search on google

Oh and it's sounding great! I really like the sound choices. Super cute, mang.

The difficulty settings make the ai smarter and more effecient? That sounds pretty awesome!

it is!
I'm new to all of this so sorry for such nooby questions.
How can I change this?

>Guess il lurk in the steamchat instead of the thread for a few days like every other yesdev if it makes you nodevs feel better

You removed your game from greenlight because you knew it was shit, you're not fooling anyone.

I removed it on greenlight because I feel into the trap of playing my old prototype so much I couldn't see the flaws within it, and the feedback I gained gave birth to the new better bokube after I released it.

Falling and getting back up is a normal process of gamedev, nothing to be upset about nodev. You can be salty all you want but I still love you.

Door Kickers is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too hard. your guys will wait until the enemy has nearly killed them to fire a shot. you are way under equipped and often the game forces your 2 guys to go against like 20 all with armour piercing machine guns. This would never happen and if it did you would have access to some decent equipment and training.

Sorry, that really didn't help me

>anyone who disagrees with me is a nodev shitposter
>i will change nothing about my game until 5 (five) confirmed yesdevs give me specific detailed ideas

>I removed it on greenlight because I feel into the trap of playing my old prototype so much I couldn't see the flaws within it, and the feedback I gained gave birth to the new better bokube after I released it

My God this delusion... I give up trying to help you

Thanks, and exactly. How often he pauses and looks around and how much time he does it, will be part of the dffficulty level too, and how much time he takes to go back to his slower and more random pace.

I have plans to rework the sprites a little in the future so I'll have that in mind. This is the only one in-game so far, without gray, as you can see. I want to add more art of her someday too.

Not much. Just an animation.

fiddle with this, the center, radius, and height so that it matches the collision you want for your character

>finally find the motivation to make progress
>take break to feed 14 year old dog
>can't find him
>find him
>he's dead

at least he didn't die of starvation
rip tho man that sucks

whoops

RIP doggo

I'm calling you a shitposter because all I was doing was posting progress not bugging you famzilla. Something you're suppose to do here and you're getting angry about it senpai. Calm down ok?
You do realize that is a normal thing that happens to single dev's right? Your own decision making gets clouded when you're a one man band without others feedback and you playing your own game so much makes you miss flaws others might see who have not played the game at all.

Cute, do you mind lewds? I made bunnydev uncomfortable and that wasn't my intention

AND JAGGIES

Reposting this because I'd like to know what you guys would like to see in the game.

Right now you can fuel up and repair your ship at randomly spawned stations. Enemy Carrier ships also roam around surrounded by smaller starfighters to defend them.

Might add asteroid mining that requires you to buy a mining laser.

;__;

jaggies are the best part you fucking nodev

good shit dude. I dig the wildstar style, hopefully you can do better animation than they did

I don't know user, those things sound really cool, you should implement them first.
Can you show something about those starfighters?

If he changed his mind about every little thing every time one single person told him something was wrong I bet you'd shitpost him about changing too much of his game and needing others to much.

My condolences, user, my cat died two weeks ago and I'm missing her more than I'm willing to admit.

Thanks. Not at all, feel free to do whatever you want.

artbro gave me a new copy of the plains, separating out the windmill blades so that they can rotate, and fixed an issue with the diorama outline we had before (which exposed some geometry on the outer windmill)

guess I'm working on the overworld tonight since I haven't touched it in months

Not able to now but I'll post it tomorrow on my tumblr

neonwinter.tumblr.com

Really cool user! do you mind post a back view?

sorry user, rip pupper

Hey thanks, mate. So what do you reckon was wrong with their animation? I'd like to avoid making the same mistake if possible.

>wah stop posting progress you're triggering me
>wah i'm going to tell lies about why your game is no longer on steam because i hate myself
This is very familiar.

>anyone who disagrees with me is really angry that i'm making so much godlike progress
>i have ascended to true yesdev, i learn with great wisdom from my experiences, love all, and am never mad unlike every other nodev shitposter in agdg
not what i'm suggesting at all, it's just that the man is obsessed with yesdevs vs nodevs and doesn't entertain alternate points of view unless literally 10 people say the exact same thing for an entire week

Stop posting faggot.

> the man is obsessed with yesdevs vs nodevs

Are you new to AGDG NODEV?

dig that intro and the windmills, looking cool
game name??

snekdev here, i've got food working, and level ups working

right now theres no collision and you can't die so i didn't finish it technically.

i'll be back tomorrow night for another 5 hour gamejam

hopefully less interruptions next time

How's this for a logo? I like the "WALL" cause each letter (except A) looks like it has little walls built from the ground up.

I don't like the "THE" though. It looks weak and weird next to the rest.

(game footage: [YouTube] THE WALL - Alpha footage (embed))

Tomorrow I'm gonna work on the gigantic boss. I might make it a giant and spooky Pablo Escobar chucking packs of pure crack cocain towards the US border. I might also go another route and make a giant generic asian businessman with a pointy hat since China is seen as this giant economic threat from overseas. It would look pretty cool but it would clash with the mexican border environment. I think if I focus on keeping it simple, making the giant boss model and animation only (little actual functionality) I might have enough time to make the trailer and greenlight in the evening. Otherwise I might very well just go for a tuesday evening release since I heard there's the most traffic on tuesday nights and people will probably all be out celebrating tomorrow night so no votes from these people.

Where is your game?

But everyone here hate nodevs.

it's smooth but it has no impact and characters felt pretty weightless

I don't know what you think about league of legends but I think they're doing a great job with the new champions

news.cdn.leagueoflegends.com/public/videos/2014/september_2014/animation/yasuo640x360.webm

First reply best reply

>responding to bait

>(game footage: [YouTube] THE WALL - Alpha footage (embed))
Also I don't think Pink Floyd is gonna like it.

Needs to spoof Pink Floyd

Most of the posts he's replying to are sincere feedback. Only some of it is shitposting/bait.

Fuck off.

Worked like a charm thank you!
>

This. Nodevs Get OUT. Progress is better than source posting, dogposting or bullying yesdevs.

no name yet

:^]
you gotta do something with THE for sure; maybe cactuses or some shit to represent the mexican wastes beyond glorious WALL
rip frognok the coolest name we'll never have

So....
Where is it?

can i make assets before the jam starts

>sadfag psychotic nodev gets a hate boner for a particular dev
>shitposts angrily at said dev
>gets told by other anons to fuck off
This won't actually cause said nodev to ease up. He will now increase his mission to shitpost against the dev who dared reply to him in a way that upset him once, somehow. His mission is now to spite not just the dev he hates, but everyone who told him to fuck off and stop shitposting at that dev.

It's basic literally insane shitposting stuff.

happy to help

>basically admitting that you're shitposting yet another dev because they dared not to change things you told them to
What feedback did you give him that he didn't listen to?

kys btw

I just hid the first shitpost and I had no idea there was drama going on until you posted

so please don't

you really need to hit some darker tones and blacks somewhere in the image, it looks washed out

>Bokudev gets bullied
>Rest of Thread Strikes nodev

I'd say we put up a pretty good wall today on nodev faggotry. Usually the thread is all dismay of views and arguments on make game but when it came to this shitposting nodev iv never seen us more united.