/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Fireball Edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc.
live.warthunder.com/

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>A minecraft server you can use:
ts.gonnahate.org

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units - OUTDATED -
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HQoRXhS7vlU
u.pomf.is/fefxwh.mp4
u.pomf.is/fygpaf.mp4
u.pomf.is/lnfzsf.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

false edition!

I vote for this thread just to keep that one burger buttmad

when?

Let's not start this again, senpai. You fucked up, try again next year.

when?

I did this but changing the mixture seems to have little to no effect

But thanks user, that's pretty neat

Cute!

aw i forgot to post "when?" anyways

when?

>37mm gatling gun
>cute

That's not me, don't care what it is as long as the name of the thread isn't fucked up or half of the things are missing from op

when?

NATO 35mm autocannon turret mounted on an M48 chassis for anyone wondering. Lost to the Sergeant York, which was armed with two fucking 40mm bofors guns.

when?

T249 Vigilante, by the way.

When it's engines aren't a threat to the plane.

when?

Yeah, we were actually going to get this before Gaijin decided to instead go with the 20mm VADS.

>what is the B29

>When it's engines aren't a threat to the plane.
What is every single Soviet plane in the game?

Most Soviet plane engines were fine when they weren't absorbing the recoil of a fucking tank gun

when?

>flying tanker
what for?

When?

can we expect the current end of the line AA getting downtiered after they add modern AA?

The XB-38 was a failure.

all the new SPAAs will be 8.0, we currently have no 8.0 SPAA. why would the previous SPAA BR change?

Not because of it's engines catching fire, but because of the engines being used for fighters.

Besides it was only meant as a test anyways, to show that if need be then the B-17 could use inline engines.

hmm

>Duster will forever be the biggest turd in the entire game

has the coolest muzzle brakes in the game though

its got that going for it

So busy started playing the bigger maps with the second tier vehicles. Why does everyone have a T-34? And what the hell, all of my shots just ricochet off or do no damage even in a direct hit on those T-34s. While their cannon knocks out my frontal armor of my panzer IV

>Why does everyone have a T-34
same reason people have Panzer IVs on German team and Shermans on US teams. Even moreso as T-34s are actually the best vehicles at their tier

youtube.com/watch?v=HQoRXhS7vlU

Here buddy, I'll repost this from a few days ago.

Aim in same places as in these vids and you'll be fine. It's a 75mm HEAT with 100mm of pen in the vid (which you should have on your short barrelled Pz.IV) and if you have a long 75mm of the F2, you should be able to pen it without a problem.

u.pomf.is/fefxwh.mp4
u.pomf.is/fygpaf.mp4

I'd suggest you kill the gunner with a turret shot first, it's gonna prevent the enemy from killing you straight away when the RNG bounce occurs. And don't aim for the driver's hatch, you'll bounce 90% of the time. Aim for turret ring if you know you can pen it, it's the best way to knock one out fast.

this tank looks shameless how she demonstrates her hips

So the sloping armor actually helps them? I mean like it's not cosmetic,but as an actual feature in the game.

Man these higher tier tank battles are hard for me. I only have 1 adequate vehicle, the rest are from previous tiers. It sucks to be taken out in one round in these battles, whereas the previous ones I could survive a few.

Oh thanks! I'm actually new at the game (as if it wasn't obvious). I'm currently doing better with my short barreled Pz.IV than my F2 long barrel due to the upgrades I have for it.

I'm finding I can't take on the the KVs and T-34s head on and win. They instakill me, so I have to rely on a flanking maneuver. But even that is getting hard due to the insane range of the tanks now. Where 3-4 of my viable tanks are short barreled.

Yes, sloping actually helps them, a ton. You can check the armour viewer in the hangar, the armour effectiveness increases the more it's sloped. Not only that, but the more it's sloped, the more likely the shot is to bounce.

And you get used to playing things properly soon enough. You can't rely on armour on German tanks until Tiger, you'll get penned by everything. And you don't really need upgrades for the F2, stock APHE has enough pen, you just need to aim at the right places. Keep your distance with it, although the fast rate of fire and 100mm pen HEAT is pretty good at that tier. You'll get used to it, don't worry. If you're still struggling, use German TDs, STuGs actually have better armour than Pz.IVs and are actually quite fun.

Forgot to mention, you're doing the right thing with flanking. Seriously avoid getting head on with T-34s, they can fuck you with ease. The sooner you get used to flanking as much as possible (in all tiers), the easier your life will be

Oh, I didn't know german armor sucked. I right the game would compromise the non sloping with a smaller chance for penetration. I thought it was bs how my frontal armor kept getting penned by peashooters.

I do better with my short barreled Pz.IVs due to the faster reload, but the penning power at range is abysmal, that's why I like city maps. My F2 has no problem penning enemy armor, just reloads so goddamn slow.

German armor doesn't suck, it just takes more skill to use than Russian armor. Get used to the strengths and weaknesses and you should learn how to hold your own against them.

No, I don't mean like german vehicles, I actually mean armor,like steel. Yeah, I love how german vehicles have such nice firepower and range at their tiers.

Right right, I misunderstood. Well, remember to angle the hull of your tank so that your armor is facing them at an angle.

atgm will one shot you anyway

At lower Tiers, angling won't help you, you'll get penned either way. Later on, yeah, it will help you on Tigers, Panthers, Churchill and Jumbos, but at lower tiers you are dead unless it's a KV-1

Holy hell, this is like a revelation for me. Thank you user, I've been doing it wrong this whole time. I just position my tank to be straight as possible to try to make them hit my thick frontal armor.

It won't with with a Pz.IV F2?

not in a fucking tige.... Strv.81 is 6.7 isnt it.

Panzer III/IV have shitty armor no matter how you angle it.

this game feels like - you drive for several minutes then you are one shot, if you are lucky you one shot somebody too before you are one shot

it's like one shot galore... wot looks more fun

7.0 atleast it faces maus

Fuck me, I knew I should've gone with American or Russian tanks. But the firepower was too enticing.

As I said before, it was annoying being penned by british peashooters from a mile away

>It won't with with a Pz.IV F2?
Nope, sadly not. T-34s will still pen you with ease. Even angled Tigers will get penned by T-34-85 at their tier. Angling can help, but not a ton if your armour is still flat and thin. If you are keeping your distance, you might as well do it, but it won't help you much really. On stuff like Churchills, you can angle it so that your tracks are in their way, but like in Panzer IVs, there's always your turret.

You can see how much angling can help here u.pomf.is/lnfzsf.webm

you can always stay behind and shoot from far away?

>angling won't help you
Angling isn't a guaranteed savior but it can still help in certain situations/ranges and it's a good habit to learn anyway.

>complaining about Panzer 4
git gud nigger.
only better medium at that tier is the T-34.
USA and UK suck ass.

Goddamn Germans, Took them to the end of the war enough to angle their armor. Welp, time to research the StuG.

I meant the Pz.III and other tier 1 german tanks, the firepower and range are amazing for their tier.

How are the self propelled artillery pieces? They seem to have huge penning power at range and are relatively inconspicuous

The hull shape of the pz.iv prevents you from achieving any useful angling.

With German tanks, you can snipe yeah (enough pen), but the problem is you'll lose then. In order to capture objectives, you have to get closer. I mean, you can wear out the enemy by defending and camping, but you'll still get fucked when the enemy makes a hard push
>USA and UK suck ass
Yeah, if you suck ass. Cromwells are fuckig awesome and at 4.0 you get the first Churchill. You can whine about it getting penned frontally by SPAAGs, but that thing is awesome. And Sherman's 75 is good enough at lower tiers, the problem is when you have it on 75 Jumbo and it struggles at penning shit.

Max, Nashorn and Emil are all great.
They feature a gun that you otherwise only get at +1.0 BR, Max and Emil got insane gun depression allowing for some borderline unfair hull down action.
Nashorn lacks the gun depression but is more mobile.
Great bunch of tanks.

I'll have to check those out, the one I get rekt by the most and see the most is the Marder III, that any good?

>Yeah, if you suck ass.
They suck compared to what slavs and nazis field. I played teebs till T5 and the only tanks worth a damn are the Cromwell V and Achilles.
Switching from nazis to teebs in hope for better tanks?
EL
OH
EL

+2 BR in case of Dicker Max Its APCBC pens better than APCR of Tiger E, and is almost guaranteed OHKO.
First gun to top it is KwK 43 of Tiger II

Plays just like the Nashorn.
Good guns, okay mobility, bad gun depression.
Just brace yourself for the other SPG line which stops being fun after the StuG III F until you reach the Jagdpanther.

TAIL CONTROL DAMAGED

Huh, I was interested in then cause I saw a video of a guy who destroyed a Maus with a SPG by running circles around it and firing at the engine.

>stops being fun after the StuG III F until you reach the Jagdpanther.
What makes you say that? I have the line spaded up to JP (it's an older screenshot, they added new armour now) and they are a ton of fun.

simply because no gun depression, weak HE filler and armor that doesnt work.
Meanwhile everyone else get SU-85, Achilles and M18 which are all multiple times stronger..

>stops being fun after the StuG III F
Panzer IV/70 is one of my favorite and best-performing vehicles in the game to being of quite honest

>fly to bomb target in my attacker
>recently changed controls
>try to beat friendly bomber to the base
>zoom in on him to see where he is going
>zoom button now drops my bombs
>alt f4

>20 warbonds - pretty much receive for logging in
>40 warbonds - piece of cake, done in a game or two
>80 warbonds - HOPE YOU HAVE ALL NIGHT TO GRIND, SLUT
I will never own Boomerang-chan...

Just get it next Australia Day.

Just buy it

+5 GE

Nobody actually thinks this a good game right? I play it every now and then because I'm aware I've developed a battered person syndrome. I just really can't find any glaring positives.

This game can only be arguably good early game, and then it just turns to shit and is a massive grind forever after. Not to mention how we still have the same old gamemodes for planes that we had in 2013 barring EC(only for sim??).

Why do you play this?

Why do you play it?

Because I fucking feel like it and if I get bored or pissed off, I do other shit. It's not some high science when people do shit they like, just stop being a pussy and quit the game if you don't like it

>Why do you play this?
There's no similar game that does it better.

Well I mean if you want something that bad just spend the few bucks so you can have it.
Thats life.

I find the game play fun and enjoy small squad teamwork.
Please stop making these posts every hour or so. It's only bad because you've been convinced not to like it by all the negativity here.
And if you don't like it don't play it yaknow?

ok anton

>enjoy small squad teamwork
That gets boring after a while too because you will club retards unless theres a squad in the enemy team.

>please stop making these posts every hour or so
what a massive fucking over-exaggeration holy shit

This is the negativity and low quality memes I'm talking about.
Just have fun yaknow? Life is too short to sit around bitching and complaining. Find a game you like and have fun.
If you aren't having fun then why are you hanging around being negative?

I play E-7/U2 to prove the nazi bias to new players and at the same time make people believe that only premiums are good
It's kind of fun

Not really. We have 5-6 of these same posts a thread on average.

Again, you're talking out of your ass.

>trying to land damaged bombers

Why are you so angry? Just look through last thread and you'll find a few.
>why do you guys still play this game? It's so bad
>man I feel bad for you guys that still play this game
>ugh I'm uninstalling!
All the time senpai.

Proof?

if you don't like the shitposting why are you hanging around here

Is there any product that speeds up women's hair growth?

Good shot.

atleast it isnt the M48

Try drinking bleach, Gumby.

just be healthy you idort

Razorback P-47 and P-51s when?

>/kspg/ is arguing over investment shit again
jesus fuck

nice try, pippy

fucking never

shit game

how much did gayjin pay you to post this?

gayjin is paying people to call their game shit?