/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, July 4th:
987 – Hugh Capet is crowned King of France, the first of the Capetian dynasty that would rule France until the French Revolution in 1792.
1776 - The Continental Congress approved the final wording of the Declaration of Independence.
1866 – Austro-Prussian War is decided at the Battle of Königgrätz, resulting in Prussia taking over as the prominent German nation from Austria.
1886 – Karl Benz officially unveils the Benz Patent-Motorwagen, the first purpose-built automobile.

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 11 - The End of Days
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-developer-diary-11-the-end-of-days.950847

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.1 - 20/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VFCyvrj32Mk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Incoming steamgroup butthurt.

What's the verdict on HoI4?

No meme replies.

Hung Jury.

talex

death sentence

i just want to know if its worth my money

Fun war.
Now I guess all that's left is to uninstall

>buying any paradox game post-2012
wew lad....

>Paradox taking a whole month off developing Hoi4

Is this real? are they not going to work on making the AI not shit for a month.

please

pirate it

I BEG YOU

The verdict is it will be fine in 2018 once modders get their hands on it and turn it into a proper game.

Unless you're one of those modders or you're masochistic just ignore it.

Nicky

dont help him out

you're g-genuine dick suckers...

It's worth a play at least once or twice. DLC and mods will definitely fix it. and it's more playable than HoI3 before TFH in any regard. Pirate, see if you like it, if you do then buy it. It's not hard.

thanks, have a spicy meme

reminder to add this to the vic 2 guides in the archive

Lads isn't she beautiful?

Ignore the shitty industry score, had lazy faire all game

A reasonable response? In MY gsg?

>importing clothing
lad.....

However nationalism must always TRiUMPh over evil imperialism

It's majestic.

any recommended mods to make hoi4 less shitty?

>That ethiopia

Nothing wrong with that.

the fuck is this

I think it's time I go to bed.

What do you think horse lords add?

Not that much happened between 1926-1936 but the world is undoubtedly much more beautiful as the evil white man has left Africa and lots of nations around the world has achieved their independence

Do you have to such flaming homosexuals? Is your autism so strong that you have to create the thread 20 posts early every single time? God, what a sad life you people are living.

This has probably been asked numerous times in the past and google doesn't give a good answer on this issue that I've run across in EU4.

Essentially, I'm playing a custom nation that is part of the Japanese culture group with Shinto as the religion, which must always be a Noble Republic (the idea is that the nation is formed from the right and powerful non-samurai who ran overseas with a daughter of the shogun of the time's minor branch families and has been using them as the basis of a puppet government since then).

From writing that you may have an idea on the issue I'm facing now: the Western Trade modifier. Is there any way of removing this modifier as a custom nation? The big penalty to missionary strength makes it impossible for me to convert anyone right now, and what I've googled up seems to point towards it being a Japan as a nation only option.

waiting for Black ICE before I even consider getting the game

man somehow the byzantine empire either expands beyond believe and is the strongest faction next to the player. Or collapses to infighting within the firs 100 years

>The strongest empire at the start of the game somehow remains the strongest throghout the game

How is that fucking wierd tyou fucikng nerd?

have you even read the post ?
I pointed out how it never remains, it either explodes due to infighting or it expands beyond believe. But it never stays stagant like the HRE for most

Which HOD do I use for mod compatibility? 2.02 or the beta?

Who else playing >comfy nations in mp?
>You can have around 50 Div and 5 Tank Div as Canada in 39.

So how did I do /gsg/ ?
I started this game as an irish count and climbed up to this in 3 generations. My friend started in scotland as a queen and just recently became a merchant republic (inbreeding between our lines is slowly becoming a problem)

>Losing a war

Yeah u fuckd up

>main army still hasn't arived because it has to come from the isles.
don't worry senpai spain/france I gained due to some inhertance bull, it was prone to be unstable

>I started this game as an irish count and climbed up to this in 3 generations
overplayed meme desu

paradox pls

Is there some way to make the game more challenging without buffing the AI into a blobbing nightmare?

>Rommel has only three tank divisions under his command

>I allowed this to happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=VFCyvrj32Mk

Mosley should make more music desu

What EU4 mods are worth downloading my epic history buff friends?

Only managed to play four hours before I couldn't stand how shit it was. Would refund the game if I could.

Lewd!

>"And then, my dear, I promise: we shall have our family."
That's...that's fucking beautiful.

;_;

uninstall.meme

look at the date, I already run a big ass tank deficit

Your daily reminder Viccy 2 is shit.

In the new HPM, everytime I try to press play after selecting a country at the start screen, victoria 2 crash, anybody knows why ?
I have the new version of V2 and the new countries of HPM all show up in the starting screen

What is Many Houses Divided, guys?

What's your vanilla checksum?

>steelmod

How can I find it ?
Sorry if I'm a little bit retarded but I don't know what you are referring to.

the ai encircles itself lmao

Run the game without any mods, before clickign single player look over at the four letters in the bottom left of your screen. Should read like V2 3.04 (ABCD).

The "ABCD" is the checksum.

>Prepare 20 initial amphibious divisions, 150 for the main invasion, three hundred ships worth of fleet, and almost 4000 planes
>Armies land and walks through an empty Britain

This is so fucking sad. Uninstalled.

Oh I see thanks
I have this :
V2 v.3.04 (WNVU)

Anyone kind enough to share official Vicky II OST? The files from the game are only 192 kbps. Where do you usually download it?

Should I jump into FTG or should I play EU3 first?

In my game i had the opposite. By 1944 when i had dealt with commies USA+UK had stationed 8k fighters and an unbeatable navy in the channel. i tried to cheese it by landing 1 million troops in scotland but they had ~3 million troops in britain, including 300k men in the fucking tiny islands above scotland. No idea what happened with your ai, did they randomly send all their divisions overseas or lose them in naval battles/invasions?

For me, the UK as well as Italy and sometimes Japan usually just send all their divisions to Africa

Yeah thats probs the issue i kicked UK out of everywhere but their shitty little island so the focused everything there :/

While playing HoI4 I Heinrich Ehrler's last radio transmission in the loading screen. I wasn't ready for those feels.

The ai gets completely fucked over by multiple fronts. Operation Barbarossa was mostly just me steamrolling less than 100 russian divisions all the way to the urals, while Japan had to fight the brunt of the russian forces in Mongolia and Siberia. This happened in more than one game

France is a fucking powerhouse when you go early Vichy.

I got the 6million Spitfires meme. No idea how to crack it. One plus is that the Royal Navy and USN are basically out of action in the Atlantic thanks to my strong navy start.

Is there any way to goad AI Germany to invest it's great hoard into invading Bongland with me?

Are you using any other mods with hpm?

I have other mods but I don't activate them.
Vanilla works fine.

Have you changed something in HPM or vanilla files? Adding or editing or deleting anything? If not, just download HPM again and install it again just to be safe

btw your problem happened to me once, when I was trying to add my music to V2, did you try the same?

Why is the HoI4 wiki so barebones? Has everyone already abandoned the game?

Ok I deleted HPM + all my other mods and saves.
Reinstalled HPM and it look like it works now

Thanks a lot bros.

Is that an Irish Arabia?

Did the lad who'd try to simulate Chineses emigration before westernization ever show up again?

Play to your character traits.

anschluss 1 month late D:

Is it possible to create units in HoI IV that are restricted by a national focus, ie only become available after said focus is completed? I'm thinking about adding separate Waffen-SS bataillions for Germany that should only become available later on

>American Yemen
>Russian Oman
kys

post Aden's and Oman's pops before though

what a difficult and challenging game

Is current version of CKII still retarded

Rather than focus you might be able to tie it to a specific tech, like it requires infantry weapons 3.

Yeah, but I don't want that. I want to make an additional branch for the German focus tree that represents the formation of the Waffen-SS. And one of the last foci should be the formation of separate batallions/divisions

>Cavalry is nearly as strong as infantry even at the end of HoI4

Is there any way to mod HoI IV so that the countries change colour as their government does?

It's pissing me off that when I become the Russian Empire I'm still red on the map

Is an horse a athlete

an horse is an hero

Why?

>implying

Cavalry is literally infantry with horse transportation.

They don't actually go into direct combat on horseback, pleb.

>They don't actually go into direct combat on horseback
>he doesn't play as Poland

>5 million soviet casualties
>lost all border provinces, including leningrad
>only killed 82000 finns
>war is 91% in favor of the soviets

liq2 1815 start when?

how did you get so many kills

show division comp

Polish riders v kraut tanks is a meme.