/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15.
-Demo is out, has online.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

So I just went through the Spanish and German translations of weapons and Hunting Arts in the demo.

The Spanish version shows consistent quality, some knowledge of the Japanese original and that they at least put some thought into it when they couldn't find a good translation. Except for "reunión camaradas".

The German version has some moments of relative brilliance and several moments where I went "YOU ARE A FUCKING DISGRACE AS A TRANSLATOR!"
Internally, at least.
Brimstone Slash got downgraded to a Sulfur Slash; the Spinning Meteor slowed down to a merely Turning Meteor; Dragon Blast turned into Dragon Breath; Energy Blade is the regular name of the Charge Blade, so they had to use a synonym; Rapid Fire Rain dropped the Rain altogether; Big Barrel Bombays are big-barrel-bomb-y; and instead of using Palico Rally, prowlers call for a time-out so they can have a drink at their Buddy Get-Together.

Hey buddy, you got that drop yet?

i got that pussy to drop

>tfw cancer on the new thread already

But that's not Frontier

The fucking Owl is fucking retarded.
Like seriously.
When they showed it off i was just like "Well if you evade the status effects you'll be fine and it will be easy"

But it's not like the fucking reversed button inputs is just the Owls little gimmick he does every now and then, no HE DOES IT THE ENTIRE FUCKING TIME, and in order to NOT get hit by it at least once you have to play so fucking passively you have to give up 90% of gameplay. IT'S LITERALLY ON EVERY FUCKING MOVE WHEN HE'S ENRAGED

WHO'S FUCKING IDEA WAS THIS

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

>ranged attacks
>adept style
>aerial style
>reverse your input

Git gud.

Who's shitposting? That's really not Frontier.

Alright, I'm relatively new to MH games, so I'm looking on Kiranico at the hammer list for X. For example there is an Ice hammer called Pressure Cooker that does only 170 dmg and 50 ele. While there are some physical only ones that do 270 damage, are they just straight up better?

Nice blogpost, Upvoted.

Are those true raw values? I'm guessing not since dividing by 5.2 doesn't give a round number.
If they're not true raw it's way better, if it's just the displayed raw then element might beat the raw hammer in monsters really weak to element.

But overall element is a shitty mechanic and you're better off with pure raw,with the exception of a few monsters with fast weapons.

It's not Gen either

MHX/Gen displays true raw.

What why

They dumped it for no reason and now bring it back? It's really B-team, isn't it?

are you stoked?

MHGen is overall accepted as the lord and savior of the dying MH franchise, plagued by the cancerous Frontier and MHO. Posting about MHGen is encouraged and applauded here on /mhg/.

console mh games are always better though.

Please stop shitposting.

Any rooms?

>no one playing
>just shitty art dumps
How do we save this general?

We wait until the 15.

>we wait until it dies
Th-thanks

I think most non-3ds modders is looking forward to Gen, I know I am. But I have lowered my expectations a bit, but it's monhun, can't be that bad

On Adept CB, does a guard point count toward a perfect guard?

No, but iirc you gain a GP on Adept, that is at the start of the charging A.

Yea I knew that, was just hoping a GP counted towards it.

No. Perfect Guards only occur on R button blocks.

>teams keep being made out of LS, GL, CB

That's okay i didn't need these legs anyway.

What's wrong with CB?

When fighting Narga, if I hit the tail before breaking the spikes and without spikes out, am I maybe "saving" damage done on the spikes? Meaning the spikes could break more easily later, or does it simply not register as damage done to spikes at all?

The axe mode infinite of Upswing > Burst 2, which CB will rely more on because it can't rely on AEDs as often.

The reach of the axe, and the constant horizontal beyblading fucks up other players.

MHgen is literally the frontier team.

Movement speed is slower than 4U, white sharpness is max, no grank content, item usage is slower than 4U (why do they think it is okay for recovery from using a potion to last 300 frames?) and hunter farts.

I'd say true raw values were the only thing they did right in MHgen cause its actually useful information for comparing between weapon types without literally having to fucking use google.

MHX, chargeblade is still all around the best weapons.
>L/GL tier guarding
>LS tier attack boost from red shield
>H/HH tier stun damage from bursts
>GL wyvern fire tier damage from ultra
>LS tier movement speed and tail chopping

mh4 ruined the series cause now this godmoding fanfic of a weapon is going to be around forever.

What's the most fun and/or fast paced weapon+style combo? Aerial GS is not as great as I thought it'd be.

This is what CB users actually believe

>c-can do everything

The tail and the spikes are the same part.
If you focus on the tail, the spikes will break first, before you cut it off.

But it is a jack of all trades

Nice rebuttal

Does adept style for charge blade basically give you guard+2 and guard boost? Also I don't really like the overall changes to it. It feels much easier to use (even regular R is guard point, you guard during B charge sword etc) with less reward.

Master of none

Pretty much, yeah.
But it can compete pretty well in the KO and Shield department

Hi /mhg/, two requests.

1) Do any of you have a Gore GQ with Kirin Head bias?

2) Do any of you have a double Seregios GQ, regardless of bias?

Needing a good Kirin head and I hear double Steve is good for graven charm farming.

I'd greatly appreciate it.

Alright thanks, so there is actually a reason to hit the tail when the spikes aren't out.

15-3116-9942-9843

>haven't played mhx in months
>booted up because all the stupid threads
>continued using aerial gs
>destroyed hr7 brachy solo with just jumping spam
>close 3ds
TGS cannot come any sooner.

Is there an agreed tier list yet on the weapons and styles? From what I've heard so far, it's roughly agreed that..

>GS
>Bow
>HBG
>SnS

are very strong weapons, while everything else trickles off to the back.

I'm loving switchaxe in this game, it synergizes really well with adept (although I feel like adept is the best for most of the weapons).

Didn't expect to see Bows in there honestly, what is it that makes them top-tier?

I think is Adept Bow that is toppest tier

I feel like LS is tied with SnS, if only just below it with its red upkeep being so much easier than 4U. I want to think Switchaxe is a close case also, but I cant quite tell just yet.

Bow's got a lot of modifiers in its attacks while being extremely mobile. If you're able to land consistent power shots and Triple Volleys, it can churn out a ton of damage constantly.

The 2 levels of coatings also means your damage wont fall off so hard when you run out of one power coating type like it would in 4U.

I quietly agree. If it can get the combos off, a striker Saxe can belt out absurd levels of damage. There's also lots of praise of Striker lance/Glance as well.

I quietly think that if you can get your head around it, any adept style would be fantastic. My only gripe with adept is when I counter, sometimes my attack fires away from the monster due to the dodge roll.

yeah I bet MHXG will be totally different

>sometimes my attack fires away from the monster due to the dodge roll
never a problem with switchaxe thanks to the amazingly broad swings after a counter but the hammer almost always whiffs due to the shitty counter attack.

If you want, you could make a tier list out of all the Jap speedrun times on various monsters.

Otherwise it doesn't really matter except for poor GL

Three games per gen, yadda yadda.

Anyone interested in farming some Hunter's ticket ?

Maybe if you keep repeating that, it will be true.

Likewise

until there isn't.
>every gen has a console version, it's mhx hd
>every gen has a version on a sony platform, it's mhx vita
etc etc
you have no idea how pattern recognition works.

MHXG Vita confirmed!!

Post a room, was just looking into it.

>2014, after MH4G announcement
>next game will definitely be MH5, there cannot be another game in a gen after a G game!
>2015, after MHX announcement
>next game will definitely be MH5, there can only be 3 games in a gen; one main game, one G game and a spinoff!
>2016, after 2016 MH sales target reveal
>next game will definitely be MHXG, it's only going to sell 2 million!

fishing 7243

So let me get this straight, in MHX there's no upgrade trees for LBGs and HBGs and instead you just craft all the different ones and upgrade them?

That is incorrect.

But that's what people showed in the videos.
You only upgrade the Bowgun you have (making it stronger but not changing it's attributes) and then you can attach barrels, silencer and thats it

>tfw getting completely destroyed by solo Narga High Rank (MHP3rd)
Holy shit High Rank is completely different. I actually have to try here, why wasn't it like this from the very beginning.
Any tips for surviving High Rank?

There's no limiter removal

Yes, i know

>Destroyed by Narg
How? Its a bit faster and hits a bit harder, but its not that much different. What weapon are you using?

You upgrade the Bowgun you have, then you upgrade it into a different bowgun or max it out, just like the other weapons.

survive

Hit it, don't get hit.

Sword and Shield. I guess it's because up till now I could be a little bit more aggressive and tank through, but now I really have to try and not get hit because I take a lot of damage.
It doesn't help that I get an extra monster in most missions just being annoying.

Evasion +2.

I'm already using the Low Rank Narga Set though, I wanted to upgrade into High Rank since that one gives Evasion +1.

Get Evasion+1 at most (you can i-frame most of its stuff without it, but E+1 makes it a trivial fight).

Hack away at its hindlegs. Only go for the head when there's a large opening. If its going to lunge at you, roll away in the direction it'll approach if you far enough, or if you're too close, try to roll into its body at an angle.

If it sits for a second or two longer when it takes a stance, its going to do multiple lunges (and often its big pounce once enraged), so be mindful of that.

Also, dont be afraid to stop attacking and roll twice or roll+move if its about to tail slam. Its other spinning tail attack is easily dodgeable without E+1 with practice.

tldr: Practice till it doesn't kill you anymore.

hey guys let's post monsters and not rooms

K.

G-Good morning /mhg/! How are you enjoying the demo? Have you found your favorite meme party setup like Football in 4U's demo?
How's this?

Is it even possible to put CFW on the 3DS without losing all your old save data?
I know someone that lost everything and I haven't touched my 3DS in nearly a year because of that.

Are evasion skills still in Gen? They seem completely redundant with adept style. Same goes for guard skills really.

Yes, why would they be gone?

Bird of many statuses
31-9846-2176-2051
rage

This owl understands how to carnivals should be held

Catbird of much jumping
29-3947-5648-2954
rage

it's a bat

It's a cat bat with 12% fat.

It's batcat

Or was it catbat