/simg/ - Simulation Games General

A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, any other vehicle simulators which do not generate enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Silent Hunter 3 pastebin:
pastebin.com/jNSvhFfY

>Dangerous Waters pastebin:
pastebin.com/qvxk755r

>Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>Example of welcome sims:
DCS World, Falcon BMS, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 2015

>Example of non-welcome games:
Arma 3, Ace Combat, War Thunder, World of ____, C*ty b*ilding games

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-OGyJPFzNfU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Previous patrol:

youtube.com/watch?v=-OGyJPFzNfU

just biplane things.

>tfw flying around the alaskan bush in the Carenado 207
comfy af

What plane mounted that gun?

What the fuck did you do to the OP pasta you retard?

We talked about modifying it in the previous threads, as it was a fucking convoluted mess, and nobody objected to the changes.

New OP is a mess.

>got rid of all the actually useful links like the ts

>didn't sensor the non welcome games

>got rid of the tags

>got rid of all the actually useful links like the ts
They're in the pastebin now that I nagged the retard that handles it to put them there but at this point I'm seriously considering taking it over.

>didn't sensor the non welcome games
I didn't write the new OP - I assumed that who wrote it just added the city building shit and didn't censor it so I did it myself, I realized that he removed all of the censoring only after posting. And you can't delete threads from Veeky Forums, so.

>got rid of the tags
Who cares. If you really insist I'll put them back at the very bottom of the OP.

>They're in the pastebin now
Way to hide them so no-one new will ever read them.

This is what you do when you want people to not realize there's a steamgroup & ts.

Not like everyone including myself posts "OPS GET IN TS" all the time. And, again, I didn't write the new OP, I merely posted it.

TS should definitely be in the OP, it's more important than most other things, considering we use it to communicate and organize.

TS ASPIES PLZ LEAVE

Meh you can just posts the info if someone asks what TS you're talking about, fuck having a convoluted OP that nobody bothers to read because it's filled with meaningless shit/it's badly formatted.

You mean like the submarine crap in there that NOBODY ever plays in here?

I won't even waste time arguing about that, kill yourself.

Hey I play SH3 and DW :(

Kill yourself, shitposter.

>"hey guise our OP sucks, here lol I removed half the links and fucked up a list :DDDD all fixed"

kill yourself

>filled with meaningless shit
So you get rid of the useful stuff and keep the meaningless shit?
10/10

>just flying my cessna
>all of a sudden the Garmin stops working
halp

Again, I didn't fucking make the new OP, whoever made it only removed the TS and BMS links which are in the planefag pastebin, the welcome games got reformatted to a single line for saving space and the tags got removed because 1, they added absolutely fuckall and 2, a certain retard added /a3g/ to those when he got to make the new threads. Everything else is still there.

I can't wait to switch the thread back to the old OP just for you. :^)

>craig ever missing the chance of coming off as a petty autist

kill yourself, there's nothing you can do to stop me.

I wish we could filter IPs

How did OPS yesterday go? I couldn't make it because I was tired as fuck desu

Are there any going on tonight?

He'd just shitpost from his phone.

>15 minutes into the intercept, he gives you this smile.

(after he realizes everyone but the grand total of two people that like his shitposting filtered him that is)

So for Mig-21, you just download the module and select the demo mode?

I downloaded the demo, downgraded DCS to the appropriate build, installed it, tried running a mission a few times (and it didn't work), update to either the stable or OB fuck if I remember, bang it werks.

How do you downgrade it to the appropriate version?

Google it, there is a through detailed guide on how to do that.

Since the Steam sale is ending soon - are any of the campaign's worth buying?

I heard a lot of good things about The Ultimate Argument.

>flying il2 clod
>im using nothing by de wilde
I'm just going to assume I managed to single handedly bankrupted Britian.

Are you okay?

Slow general desu

I'm attempting to cross-post from the previous sortie, I dunno if it's going to work as intended. (first time)

>Does [Enemy Engaged] have multiplayer?
Yes.

>how shitty is EECH's flight modelling?
It's ok. Not DCS-level, but you feel like you're piloting a helicopter.

BMP

Does it have multicrew?

No.

Only helosim that has that feature in any meaningful way is/was Jane's Longbow 2.

Is CloD purely set during Summer 1940 or does Team Fusion add later aircraft.

As much as BoB was muh finest hour, the planes of the time were utter shitboxes

Who /dogfightinginnabomber/ here?

>utter shitboxes
user you make me sad

I want my later war go fast machines

Play DCS if you want teh ulti version of muh fav airframe and squint hard enough 'til the Caucasus looks like Germany, circa 1944-45.
(or fire up Il-2 1946)

In all seriousness, there's no later aircraft added AFAIK and vanilla is set exclusively during BoB. There is some experimenting with adding Mediterranean theatre/Malta stuff, but that pracitcally means adding more underdog/shit-tier plens.

I've managed to shoot down 109s in my IL-2 before.

There was also this one time I forced an 190 to snap its wings whilst I was in an A-20G.

Dumb fuckin wehraboos.

>I'm seriously considering taking it over

What's the problem friend? I hadn't added the steam group link and TS to the pastebin previously because they were already in the OP.

Now that they aren't it makes sense to have them there.

If you do eventually take over however, hit me up on steam so I update the steam group's link.

Updated TS&steamgroup links so that they're on top of pretty much everything else in the planefag pastebin

Also censored non-welcome games in the OP pastebin. Never really saw much use in this myself but it's there now.

War Thunder )))))

>that pracitcally means adding more underdog/shit-tier plens.
How is that bad? Make do with what you have and all that jazz. (If TF really does it get the popcorn ready for britroaches getting butthurt after they get memed by the eyetie shitplanes)

>brit roaches
Say that again and I'll get my tiffies to strafe your shermans

I've encountered at least two IL-2s flying as fighters in BoS and both times they were surprisingly at least somewhat competent.

Most recent time I snap rolled into a spin with my 190 and he slammed into the ground trying to catch me in a dive )))))

Anons, can somebody explain to me why can I never set up the Datalink for F-18? Am I missing something on ramp start?

>9

ded thred
ded general
ded community

Question for anybody who plays RoF.

I found my replays in the RoF folder, but how do I get those .trk files into a playable video format?

>tfw made fun of harmless so much that he has a boy crush on me
kek. Why do welfare queens have such fragile egos?

Fuck off Craig, you're mentally 9 and the reason the autistic blue flag shitters hate us

Should I remake the thread?

Let it all out buddy.

I'm fine with blueshitters hating us.

NEW THEAD NON FUCKED OP

Ah yes, OP arguments, we become closer to /wtg/ by the day

These threads are up for days at a time.
Deleting half the shit in the OP isn't doing anybody any good. If somebody wants to change the OP that's fine but at least make a pastebin and show other people so you can get approval. Before just taking it upon yourself to change the OP we all use.