/acg/ - defensively plated center of gravity general

Stop dying while I'm asleep edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/blK4Nhpd6rE
en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm4190652
youtube.com/watch?v=oYWo84D2-L0
youtu.be/WH9StiL72G0?t=4m47s
youtube.com/watch?v=m-13cICKt7I
my.mixtape.moe/skyamu.mp3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Best AC opening CG?
I think my favourite is still Nexus .
youtu.be/blK4Nhpd6rE

Okay. You can apparently glitch through a wall on the city map where the second story mission happens. I was mercing and we were looking for the last goddamn sniper turret only to find it went inside a building. I'm trying to replicate it with an AC right now.

My favorite CG intro is the one from VD.

I feel kind of bad jumping on new players.
Got a 1v1 with what was clearly someone who had just got the game. He didn't even see me jump off the building I was perched on before a pile driver took him out in one hit.

Bump.

bump

Bump.

>Hired and instantly kicked as a merc by the same player three times in a row.

For what purpose?

What's the team info for VD? Is it full? Pastebin seems mad out of date.

Pastebin is mad out of date. Shoot Ahab and me a Friend Request

Um, woops. PSN is UristMcGamer and Ahab's is the same as his namefaggotry. I'm not gonna give out everyone else's on 4chin cause I don't know if they're cool with that

Sure. I already have Ahab, but I'll shoot you up in an hour or two once I'm home.

Someone is spamming quick hire but doesn't like you.
Or they're spamming quick hire and looking for one person in particular.
Just stop accepting their requests. In fact, run it for the full twenty seconds, see if that makes them stop hitting quick hire.

I did, about 10 times, they still were. Just gave up after that.

You're the guy with the kawaii anime pic right? Damn, another European. We played the same version of Demon's Souls.

Sorry to disappoint but yeah, as I said afterwards I'm just another user looking for some AC action.

Been pretty much stuck to singleplayer stuff.

Nope, I'm actually the duck. I played VD and probably V and fA with Ahab like 2+ years ago.

Hoy, what's your PSN?

I'd like to play AC with another senranfag sometime.

Sounds good, I'd be up for it whenever I'm on just drop me a message.

Rikiddooserotto.

>The DLC costs money
>The DLC costs a LOT of money
Oh.

Yep. Just get the UNAC ones, and even then you don't need all.

It's a real shame this thing is unplayable due to EN consumption.

Bamp

Bump.

Bampu

Bump.

ONE MORE PERSON FOR A TEAM OF FOUR
I REPEAT
ONE MORE PERSON FOR A TEAM OF FOUR
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
VAGRANT GUNS REVIVAL IN PROGRESS

Maybe next time.

A string of losses online got me feeling down.

You got old king japanese thinker?

You're doing it wrong

>excuses

Don't die.

We're busy playing

Bampu

Bump.

Thanks for all the games lads, been ages since I've touched VD let alone multiplayer but it was good fun.

It was. And hey, Vagrant Guns has not only gained 3 new team members in the last week, the sale also made people play the game again! You can now get hired as a merc and actually find pvp matches! We even defended against a Special, even though we got trashed in that game.
now if only duck wasn't such an LRJ sniper fegit in FB

But in all seriousness, good games. Maybe it's because I'm listening to the Tales of Symphonia intro but I'm kinda nostalgic and really fucking happy right now. Thanks guys

>now if only duck wasn't such an LRJ sniper fegit in FB
It's the only way I know how
Thank you for the games, though

I'm just kidding m8, it's alright. Just kinda annoying to go up against in singles is all.

>It's the only way I know how
Well then we'll have to change that sometime. Try and make you remember the basics of CQC.

It wasn't fun for my tank. I can tell you that. Having to boost halfway across the map.

I'm going to have to work on getting the rest of my missing parts and making some decent AC builds.

>missing parts
Brah why didn't you say something? I'll gladly coop you to A Rank.

Almost there, getting rid of a few of those D ranks on some of the harder missions should do it. Only about quarter of a bar away from A.

If I haven't managed to do it after a while tomorrow.j I might take you up on the offer though

Bump

Bamp

Next time, friend. Got alot to deal with right now.

Bump.

Bump.

Can I get an analysis for how many people this sale might've brought in? I don't need exact numbers, but an estimate would be appreciated.

Why would you even reply? Like, seriously? Everybody knows you don't show up 99% of the time, that post was also 4 hours old. You're the only person on here who makes an excuse every time, when no one is expecting you, when no one is expecting a reason. If you weren't planning on joining, that's fine, nobody cares, especially when it was four hours ago. But stating excuses every time just makes it seem suspicious.

Don't bully Penny, besides he didn't say he was going to join. Just that he would next time. Everyone has stuff going on in their lives, there's no reason to be unnecessarily hard on people in such a small general.

But you have my permission to make fun of him for being a tripfag.

Why the anger? We know Penny never shows up and still make excuses about it, is pretty much normal.

bump

I want to still be an active part of /acg/, but sometimes I can't make it to matches and scrimms. I'm trying to be helpful, and I want to show that I'm not just ignoring you guys.

To be fair, we've already been abandoned by two namefags in the past few months, and sabbath only made one post in the last thread.

That's why I'm trying to bump when I can. And I know people don't like "tripfags" but I want to make sure that, if I do make a promise, I can back it up with my post and the name with it. Rest assured I'll never use this name outside the general, as it wouldn't be necessary. I respect Veeky Forums's culture.

Hello darkness my old friend.

Fuck, how would we know? All I know is that when I merc I get hired for story missions and that in sorties I fight people I haven't seen before as well as people who I haven't seen in quite a while.

Bamp

>culture
>implying
But seriously don't be too harsh on yourself Penny, I know finding time to play can be difficult for a busy girl like you. I'll be free for the rest of the month, so I'm sure we can find time to shoot some robutts.

live

live!

You can't tell me what to do.

Bumpo

Dont worry Penny we know that life can be hard, just enjoy the comfyness of the general and dont let it die.

AC6 when? we need a new batch of anons before we bleed out and the general dies.

>the general dies
People have been saying this for ages.
Even if you're worried the sale brought in some new guys anyway.

maybe because we are always in the border of life and death, just one bad event and we are done.

Nah, we're past that. At this point we have reached zombie status. We're the eternal general

If Ahab died, would this general also die? If any of our members died in real life, is there any way for us to know?

It would be extremely painful

>if Ahab died would this general die?
Why would it? He's not the only one who does OPs. Sure we would lose a cool poster and that would be sad but there's still a lot of others.
>would we know?
Unless they stated in their will to inform /acg/ of their death, probably not.

While Ahab is important, I doubt his death will cause the general to die with him.

> If any of our members died in real life, is there any way for us to know?
Probably there isnt a way to know, unless each other start following in any social page like face, and even then I bet some of us dont use them that much so if one of us dies we will just feel the void.

>finally back in the state
>two new friend requests
>of my new Guns, one is online and the other two are playing Tales games
Get in here, faggots.
I sure hope not. No one person here is so important that the thread couldn't go on without them.
Someone on another team we're cool with died months back, I had to hear it from one of his former teammates. It's a chilling thing.

>axs changed his message
Oh you snarky little faggot, that's who you were. Going on about playing early on in VD with us.
Funny, I've actually been meaning to talk to you about something.

At this rate the next thread will be to remember all the fags we have lost over the years, either if they just stop posting or something happen to them in RL.

May their Raven souls rest in peace.

I miss Vass and Sabbath already.

Why did I get interested when this series got killed by DS's shadow?

Is it Ok to jump to MoA if i'm interested in Ps1, but what's best PS2 to play?

>He actually does sing thinker
en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm4190652
Man I wish there was JP audio available (unless I missed it as an option).

Yo Riki. You can use L2 to bring up a text chat in the lobby.

Yeah, I got it. Couldn't actually hear much without turning down the volume in game, should have done it earlier. Would have said something otherwise.

Let me say this right now: if I ever stop posting here, that'll be for 2 reasons:

>I either died
Or
>I got permabanned

Until either of those things happen, I'll continue supporting our bump-centric little group of robot lovers.

I remember that on the first mission of VD, Dirty worker plays like if it comes from a radio and Fatman is humming while Maggy explain the mission. I like to think that some of the songs of the games exist in-game.

VD had one of the coolest first missions ever just as far as atmosphere.

It really sell the point of being a merc doing dirty work for others, and also defines Maggy and Fatman personalites too.

I now need to try out VD.
It's OST and the Frequency remixes honestly are pretty good.
Dirty worker is pretty good. Hell PS3 era of games have best ost.
I'm not a fan of Stain a perfect day and 9 though,

youtube.com/watch?v=oYWo84D2-L0
This is what you refer to? Is there english?

It's this here, starts around 4:50
youtu.be/WH9StiL72G0?t=4m47s

I might be able to edit the track and upload a version with a similar radio effect if anyone is interested. Can't do anything about Fatman humming though.

The original Stain is a lot better than the remix.

No exactly,

youtube.com/watch?v=m-13cICKt7I

Around 1:21

you could try to imitiate fatman and add your own humming.

Sure go ahead.

Dirty Worker Radio Edit:
my.mixtape.moe/skyamu.mp3

Thanks user.

Thanks for the games again lads, not entirely sure what happened in the last free battle though.

BUMp

>HEAT Howitzer Heavy vs. Plasma Gun Quad
Truly the battle to end them all.
we both ran out of ammo on each other and spent like 10 minutes kicking before I finally got a hit. Not sure if he gave it to me though

You lost connection I believe. I was above you but you blew up before I did anything.