Corporate Lawyer

The Corporate Lawyer is in Veeky Forumsinessmen, post any questions you have about corporate law or my profession you have, and i'll try to answer them as clearly as I can.

Other urls found in this thread:

seclaw.com/docs/ref/sampleprivateplacementmemorandum.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How many of your clients are criminals evading taxes or laundering money?

Are you corporate lawyers, or maybe lawyers in general, actually faithfull to your client? Or are you just selling to the highest bidder?

And i am not talking about specific occasions, rather about what is the "trend".

what did you study before law school?

As a Lawyer, none. As an anonymous poster, I have worked with a few shady individuals before, but most of them have been "clean", from what I could tell, at least.

Economics @ the University of Florida
Most of us don't give a damn. Money is money to most of us.

can you post an example of a PPM?
(private placement memorandum)

also ever worked on a private prospectus for individual or small business 2 take to invest ment bank?

if so can you share tips for putting together either one?

Pretty sure my boss wants me fired.
I work in a key nonclinical position in a group practice. She constantly writes me up for things she 'heard from other unnamed people' and says one more and I'm fired. I have been recording the conversations to cover my ass.

Do I have a lawsuit?

Are asset protection methods perpetuated online legitimate?

(examples: Nevada LLC, Nevis/Bahamian IBC)

For a small business owner, what is the threshold that these tactics become worthwhile? I.e. $1M net worth, $5M net worth

seclaw.com/docs/ref/sampleprivateplacementmemorandum.pdf
Yes. And it depends on what your in business for, if you are in a business where a large part of your sales come from online, or are an entirely online-based enterprise, the more heavily you gravitate towards online reliance, the lower the threshold
Depends on the frequency of "reports" and how much legitimacy she can put to them, sounds fishy enough to start one, if you had examples of how she treated you poorly or unfairly compared to other employees of the same role in the company, as this may give a bit more substance to your claims. If you had a good lawyer, I think you would stand a fair chance of not being crucified in court.

Hypothetically, If I owned a brick and mortar business and a few rental houses (Net worth between 600-800). When when would I start looking into this? I was thinking $1M.

Thanks for posting!

Do you look up the criminal record of your friends/family and people you went to school with

Just be careful about recording. Theres a bunch of laws where you have to have consent about recording other people.

Depends on what you're doing, but 1M is a good number for most
Not really

is it fun? do you actively try to get the best possible deal for your client by going as far as possible in the system to do it? or do you just tell your client something they can get that's good enough?

i want to be a criminal lawyer more than a corporate lawyer but i have worked with both types and i would love to do both if i could

wat advice do u have for a canadian undergraduate noob who wants to work in the US? get good grades and network like a prostitute?

I wouldn't call it fun, but it's very satisfying for the pay. Yes, this whole business is based around finding the best deal you can for your client, and the best outcome. Get good grades, make a connection within a US firm as soon as you can as far as advice goes

So I've started my own business, running as a sole trader right now (New Zealand based) what do I need to do to protect my IP? What sort of contract crap do I need to write for; employees, clients, anything else.

I literally know nothing about law

What do corporate lawyer's talk about during lunch or when they're off the clock? Are there any interests that they all share, besides the love of money?

What do you guys think of rich people?

How much of your life has been spent staring at a Relativity screen so far?

More than i'd like

Don't know much about New Zealand
Same thing normal people talk about, little cliques form at a firm, some talk about sports, some about guns, some about which secretaries they want to bang.
God bless the rich and famous, they need to pay us to do something as easy as dodge taxes.

Lawyer's getting off for the night, if this threat is alive tomorrow i'll reply to any more questions.

You feel good about what you do?

How do you dodge taxes? What's the best way for someone hoping to make a living off of trading forex?

Here's a scenario for you:

Company A makes widgets and hires company B to manage their building. Company B hires company C to provide janitors.

Sometimes company A's managers give orders to company C's janitors. Occasionally company A's managers demand company C's janitors be suspended/fired for goofing off or whatever.

Can company C's janitors claim they're really employees of company A (and get the higher pay of company A's workers)?

Escaped former corporate lawyer here. Was a 4PQE at Clifford Chance in London before I got out.

How long have you been in Alcatraz, OP?

I know it might feel like it's impossible to escape, but all you need to do is walk out of the front door one day and not come back.

Good luck, and godspeed.