/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General - Shark edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon
-Pokémon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-5.6 may get released soon. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/Cubic-ninja-/252446217411?hash=item3ac6f794c3:g:T8QAAOSwwo1XctNh
nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
gearbest.com/memory-cards/pp_337822.html
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
youtu.be/UU6nWxfSNsE
wololo.net/2016/06/10/psvita-whats-inside-cobra-blackfin/
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=41219
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Someone help

Watch how this one does: ebay.co.uk/itm/Cubic-ninja-/252446217411?hash=item3ac6f794c3:g:T8QAAOSwwo1XctNh
That's the only copy on there, so ebay probably isn't the best now that Freakyforms is the new hotness.

3rd for superior meme card

I hope you do kill yourself. That question is answered nearly every hour on here you stupid fuck. Someone even posted the gif in the last thread. Learn to ctrl-f retard.

What do I need to buy exactly to play DS games on my 3DS

These niggers are saying I need to buy separate shit

nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

>comes with 1 x R4i Gold 3DS RTS card and1 x USB Micro SD(TF) reader/writer
>still need to buy a Micro SD(TF) card separately

What the fuck man

You just need a memory card to put in it senpai

so get a fucking microsd then

How the fuck else do you think you'll get the games on the flashcard?????

>No news update on SmileBASIC being the new primary exploit game
USA/JAP eshop only if you want it Kickass 11.0fags.

I've been out of the loop for a while,the last CFW version I installed was ReiNAND 10.5.0-30. What developments have there been and what do I need to know if I want to get back up to speed?

how long does it take to get your order from nds-card.com with free shipping?

You read the OP. You follow the guide.

I still get a black screen after installing flash card time warp. Am I supposed to buy a new one?

Get one of these to go with it and you're pretty much golden, /g/ anons are even sporting custom made mousepads of the thing so you know its good.

gearbest.com/memory-cards/pp_337822.html

That gif isn't any help since I don't have access to menuhax though.

Took 2 weeks to the UK.

You don't need the timewarp on Luma. Update the firmware on the cart and try it in a DS to make sure it works first if you can.

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

So how much do you guys get paid for shilling these shitty Chinese micro sd cards?

Aww, thanks, I love me too!

sharks have cooler colors

i get paid in shark cards

None at all really, we just found these some months ago and they took off because of their rad design, great speeds and being cheap. Just ask /csg/ if you want to know more Also see pic related for speed test of sharks vs samsung EVO

Is there a tutorial on how to add sleep patch to VC gba roms already in .cia format?

I need to put Luma+A9LH on my 3DS to play 3DS roms right?

What card do I buy to transfer them onto?

luma, menuhax and rednand/emunand is all you need unless you want to be on the bleeding edge
I recommend a 32GB SD card

you get a shark card for your 3ds

Where are the 3ds saves stored? Are they all in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, can I just back that up and then do a a9lh and then copy them back?

If you mean digital/cia games, the save is stored directly in the game. You can extract them with an app, or just backup your SD card and NAND if you have too many to extract.

>search google for image
>no other results
jesus fucking christ why do you have so many chink cards

Then whats the point of a9lh?

It means you can have up to date CFW on sysnand and some extra brick recovery tools.

But you honestly don't need it, rednand only costs 1GB and works perfectly fine.

saves space, can update with no problem, switching sd cards is way easier, etc.

It doesn't take eight trillion years to boot, you don't need to fuck around with an emuNAND, it's impossible for Nintendo to fix it in an update, and it has a 100% boot rate, not a 70% under optimal conditions boot rate.

They were on sale for $10 recently.

What is this? Why do you need a specially branded SD card? Because it lets you play DS roms?

just some /g/ meme

See

So to have an out of box brand new 3dsxl, the new models, play DS/3DS roms and be stable doing it all I need

>r4 gold card
>micro sd
>luma cfw
>a9lh
>menuhax
>rednand
>emunand

And I assume I need to pick between red and emu?

How long does this all take?

you wont need red or emunand if you have a9lh

If you have a9lh, you don't need menuhax, rednand or emunand

You follow this guide.
If you stop after part 3, you will be left with luma, menuhax and rednand. If you continue to the end of part 5 that will be swapped out for luma and a9lh.

Ok thanks. Ill go try it.

RedNAND and emuNAND are two different implementations of the same thing. emuNAND is the old format Gateway (and every CFW) uses, while RedNAND is a newer format that most CFW's can use. The only difference between the two is that RedNAND is smaller. Get the term emuNAND out of your head, it's worthless to you.

You'll also only need it to set up A9LH unless you're a lazy bones and want to half ass this and end up with super long boot times, a 20% boot rate, and no sysNAND.

It takes a few hours because backing up and restoring NANDs is mostly time just spent waiting until you can move on to the next step, and downgrading a N3DS to 9.2 is a bitch if you have to do it. It's not risky or anything, the exploit is just super unstable and won't boot 99% of the time.

To get DS/3DS ROMs and be all stable, you can actually cut out a few of what you have listed. Basically, all you need is A9LH + Luma + Micro SD for 3DS shit, and R4i Gold + another Micro SD for DS shit. 16GB is enough to put every DS game worth owning on, but it's your call on how big of a Micro SD card you want for your 3DS itself.

Anyone have Sega 3D Classics Collection 2?

Luma3DS and that arm9loaderhax guide weren't around the last time I installed CFW.

What I'm really getting at is: If I've already got a ReiNAND installation is doing anything other than just updating Rei actually necessary?

I'm on 9.2 N3ds

Are there any fucking decent guides out now, or do I still need a degree in rocket science to pirate fucking 3DS games?

I have an old nds with 10.7 on it. Whats the easiest exploit to use?

If you don't want a9lh then just stop after part 3.

have you tried reading the op?

I mean 3ds.

>10.7
Unless you want to spend over $100 on a shovelware title designed specifically for children, OoThax + a Powersaves dongle is pretty much the only thing you can use.

I don't think the Wii U is getting another update. Pretty sure Nintendo is done with it

Any guide on how to host the Hombrew and loadiine files on my computer using xampp? I know there is a way to do it with a android device but mine couldn´t do.

>you can actually cut out a few of what you have listed
>all you need is A9LH + Luma

So just follow the guide here then?Or is there I can skip in that guide?

What's the point?

If I buy a 3DS right now, will the factory firmware be too high to put luma etc on it? Will I be forced to hunt down old stock new 3ds' or buy used ones in hopes the firmware is low enough to put luma and shit on it?

Follow that guide to completion.

You need to be in a position with rednand before you can switch to a9lh. So follow the whole guide if you want ultimately to have a9lh

why are there sd card shills in the op and all over /hbg/

It's a /g/ meme

is it still posible to hack my n3ds?
pic related

Will the Vita ever be hacked fully? Is anyone working on it actively? They giving timely updates?

If not then fuck it, ill just get a PSP 3000 or something. How hard/easy/fast is it to mod it to play PSP iso's? Or cso or whatever it is.

I found a really large memory card for it and I kinda dont want to be kike'd out of my money buying vita cards.

youtu.be/UU6nWxfSNsE
someone please donate one (1) male to male audio cable

Just in case my shitty internet doesn´t work

Ill buy the 3DSXL today and get started and do it until the end.

wait, can you change how the folders look? how?

>Will the Vita ever be hacked fully?
Perhaps not.

>Is anyone working on it actively?
One or two.

>They giving timely updates?
Not really.

>How hard/easy/fast is it to mod it to play PSP iso's?
One click install if you're not bothering with Infinity.

>Or cso or whatever it is.
cso is just a compressed iso, you can use them to save space at cost of load times.

Yes, but get OoT + Powersaves. It's the only way you'll be able to do it that won't cost more than it's actually worth.

>Will the Vita ever be hacked fully?
No

>Is anyone working on it actively?
No

>If not then fuck it, ill just get a PSP 3000 or something.
Newer PSP 3000's can't have a permanent CFW solution, so do some research before you dive straight in. If you can get a Vita under 3.52 or some shit, you can pirate PSP ISO's on it if you're okay with not being able to update your system or play newer games. It's a major pain in the ass to do it though.

You can attach badges to folders.

Might be a dumb question but do ds and 3ds games multiplayer functions still work on luma/a9lh 3ds'?

Does the digital store really let you download free games instead of paying?

I have a shitty old DS.

good damn, I did not know that.

Yes
You have to use the alternative freeShop, not the official eShop. But yeah it downloads straight from Nintendo's servers.

PSP is one click install to allow it to start playing iso's?

Damn

>Newer PSP 3000's can't have a permanent CFW solution

This kinda conflicts with the other guy.

So buy a PSP 2000 then?

wololo.net/2016/06/10/psvita-whats-inside-cobra-blackfin/

Latest Vita news was this. Some people are trying to crack it.

I heard it's posible with a sm4sh card too, is it true?
Also what is a power save?

holy shit.

lack of permanent CFW on PSP 3000 is completely inconsequential thanks to how easy it is to use LCFW and the fact that Infinity exists.

The other guy isn't very informed.
It's not the PSP 3000s that block permanent CFW; it's the later 2000 models. But that isn't as much of a hindrance as it sounds, all that means is that you use lite CFW instead.
Lite CFW just means you open a file each time you turn the system on and it reboots in CFW mode. It only takes a few seconds.
And if that still frustrates you, you can use Infinity which is a hybrid CFW, but that takes longer to install.

Sony do the same thing. Look up PSNDL, you can download PS3 games straight from Sony's Zeus server.

>This kinda conflicts with the other guy.
>So buy a PSP 2000 then?

Every PSP model can have CFW. For newer 3000 models, the CFW is temporary, and you'll have to run an EBOOT every time you turn your system off. A PSP 2000 is just a 3000 with a worse screen, but early 2000 models can have a permanent CFW solution AND be completely brick proof because they can take a Pandora's Battery which forces the console to boot from the memory stick. Later 2000's, all 3000's, and all E models don't support Pandora Batteries, but you have to go out of your way to brick a PSP, so this is all a moot point.

It's only possible with Smash if you have a N3DS, and you need to do a bunch of shit with your Wi-Fi to transmit files that Smash will detect. It's ridiculously unreliable, and that's assuming you have the technical knowledge to set it all up.

It's only worth using if you have a launch Japanese N3DS without a browser. It's not worth it in any other situation.

What's a fun Japanese game that I don't need to know much Japanese for?

E.X. Troopers, without a doubt.

taiko games
you don't need any Japanese

>Happened to me. That cable is for the touch capacitor, the part on top of the LCD screen that detects when and where it is being touched. What I did to solve it is put in a tiny, wadded-up piece of paper in-between the plastic case and where that ribbon cable bends when you put the screen back in position. The wad of paper pushes against that bend, keeping the ribbon cable in the socket.
>I know it's a nigger-rig, and you have to avoid moving the 3DS around too quickly or else the wad will move out of place, but it works.

So, I tried that and got it in there pretty well. But I think I fucked up. One of the gold strips on the ribbon is torn/missing a little chunk. I'm pretty sure I'm stuck without a touch screen.

A-at least it's on 4.5 so I can still hack it. But the R button is broken (the cable somehow got tore off and I don't even know how) and since the touch screen doesn't work I can't access the system settings to connect to wifi so this thing is pretty much a dud.

yes it can, dunno about screenshots

Someone red pill me on modding a Wii U

Can I play old Wii games? How about Wii U games? How about multiplayer? Is there a hacked eshop for free games like the 3ds? How is the performance? Can I emulate gamecube or n64 games with good performance?

I bought a Wii U a year ago at an estate sale for $50.

Idk where to download wii u and wii games

I completed part 3 of the guide and now every time I boot it goes straight to redNAND, with "emu" in front of the version #, and whenever I try to reboot it doesnt revert back to sysNAND only to redNAND, and I cant access the homebrew with browser hax or menu hax. What do?

>Can I play old Wii games?
Yes, that's a vWii hack
You can also use Nintendont in the vWii to play Gamecube games with slightly better performance

Aw, that sucks man. Hope you're able to get it replaced soon.

So PSP 3000 is perfectly fine and easily modded to play ISO's then? Just need a simple restart each time? Not a problem.

I buy that. What is the specific guide to follow with all the info?

I'd like some insight.

with vwii
with loadiine
loadiine has no online
no
good now
gamecube can be played with nintendont on vwii
n64 injects are ok

>Look up PSNDL, you can download PS3 games straight from Sony's Zeus server.

Oh boy. How difficult is it to do all this?

>Can I play old Wii games?
The vWii inside a Wii U has been hackable since day one as long as you have an exploitable game. It functions exactly the same as a regular Wii from then on, except it can't do 240p resolutions which is only a problem if emulating retro games on a CRT is make or break for you.

>How about Wii U games?
You literally download two zip files, put them on your SD card, then go to loadiine.ovh in the Wii U browser. A monkey could do it.

>How about multiplayer?
None, don't even try, not possible without IOSU

>Is there a hacked eshop for free games like the 3ds?
Maybe when IOSU comes, if Nintendo hasn't locked their shit down, there might be? There isn't one right now at least.

>How is the performance?
Varies from game to game since you can only load them off an SD card. Twilight Princess HD has slow loading times, everything else is relatively bearable / faster than disc loading

>Can I emulate gamecube or n64 games with good performance?
You have hardware based, 100% backwards compatibility with GameCube and Wii titles, near perfect emulation for NES and SNES titles, and you can do VC injects / Install N64 VC titles on vWii to allow you to play pretty much every N64 game worth playing besides the Rare titles (barring DK64).

Update your PSP to the official 6.61 firmware.
Download the Pro-C 6.61 CFW.
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=41219
Put the contents of that zip on your PSP memory stick.
Turn it on, run the installer.

...that's it. You can delete the installer, and you'll just be left with the fast recovery option on your PSP when you boot it. Clicking that will take you into CFW mode.

ISOs go in x:/ISO and homebrew/PS1 EBOOTs go in x:/PSP/GAME

How hard is it to pirate on a PS3 you mean?

i can't wait until 3ds hacking gets this easy at EOL

If only the 3ds was so easy...

To set up the ps3 to play free games and download from the server.

PSP is near instant, 3ds is hours, wii u is faster than psp, the ps3 is...?

I intend to just follow a guide.

it is easy though just time consuming

>not on freeshop
>no seeds on GazelleGames

im a fucking retarded, i have rxtools and im going to change it right now to luma, after this what i need to do to get to a9lh, from where i need start the guide?