THRIVING Edition.

Elder Thread: >Official news

Dark Brotherhood DLC is out!
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/darkbrotherhood
youtu.be/xrIdDh7_TBw

One Tamriel announced (Q4 2016):
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

First DLC dungeon pack coming soon™:
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/21/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-first-look

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
the-elder-scrolls-by-mysticals.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj. There is also an ESOG PSN community.

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

Other urls found in this thread:

kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/bethesda-is-deactivating-eso-accounts-due-to-fraudulent-keys/
reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/36womu/deactivation_of_fraudulently_obtained_esotu_game/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Right here, bub, got distracted with lewd shopping and almost missed it!

All Bosmer are evil and this is proof

how lewd?

Guys I need some guidance.

What port TESO uses to access the servers? My ISP blocks 10001, and I can't play games that use that port like TERA

I just want to know if I'll able to play it before paying a fuckton of money that I don't have on it.

Thanks in advance

did you even try google?

TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
TCP / UDP Ports 49100 through 54000

bondage and fetish wear (leggings and corsets)

Good taste

Shit, I dun goof'd. Sorry I'm a bit dizzy.
Just did a 24h Dark Souls Maraton this weekend and haven't slept enough yet.

Thanks for answering, I might be able to play it.

all female bosmer are cute and this is proof

Thanks

cute and evil

Good taste

is there anyway to make collecting mats in this game not fucking horrible? I am trying to focus on getting my crafting discipline at least up to the point where I can make my level 15 armor, and it has been a nightmare. I'm trying to do crafting writs and I have zero materials left and I have no idea where to buy materials (like jute and maple) so I'm forced to hope that i run across a node after 30 minutes of dicking around in the world. Then I have to empty my inventory in my super limited bank and then run all the way over to the crafting stations only to get a cup of piss for experience and then I still don't complete the writ! There has to be an easier way to do this bullshit.

>My ISP blocks
That's terrifying. Which ISP?

Eventually when you and your alts max out your crafting you just log in and collect small amounts of mats in the mail that stockpile up over the days.

You can try guild traders but raw mats can be pricey as people process stacks of them for the temper materials.

Otherwise, your best option is to break down trash gear you find instead of vendoring it. Only hold onto it if it has a trait you want to research, otherwise, break it down for craft experience and mats.

Breaking down gear levels crafting FAR faster than crafting new items, btw.

Deconstruct your stuff.

Looks more like a Dunmer.
Also evil and cute.

I've been playing eso for about a week and my initial impressions are mixed. Maybe it gets better later.

I love:
the progression system, the combat, questing, a lot of the mechanics, and playing with my friend.

I am neutral:
the world and environments. They can be pretty at times but feel pretty generic.

I hate:
The crafting system (especially coming from gw2. I hate crafting systems in most games, but this has like zero quality of life). A lot of repeat structures making towns look the same. How mounts work and the progression system tied to them. How bland a lot of the quests can be. How a lot of shit is just locked behind a grind wall (like the mage's guild collectathon). The general lack of quality of life in many aspects of the game and how poorly a lot of it is explained. How everything seems to encourage you to buy premium or spend real world money (my buddy and I have played for the same amount of time and he has purchased the subscription and he is in a totally different part of the game because of how much faster everything is for him).

I really want to love this game, but the time wasting bullshit is really dragging me down.

so what you're telling me is to not bother dedicating time to grinding out crafting? To just let it come in naturally as I play the game and do quests and stuff and level it only when I have the ability to?

Dunmer girls are pretty ugly tbqh fampai

and here
we
go

I'd hit it.

to further expand on this. My experience is even worse because he loves the game and refuses to humor my frustrations with it and I feel like this is in a large part because he is paying the subscription and doesn't have to deal with some of what is frustrating me so much. This makes me feel like a whiny bitch, but I can't help the fact that I am getting so frustrated at certain things that I end up just rage quitting.

No what we're telling you to do is to not be retarded and try to level crafting by crafting new gear. That is by far the most inefficient way to level any craft but provisioning and alchemy (which you DO level by creating new potions/cooking food)

If you want, sure, do the writs once a day on one character at a time (trying to do them on multiple characters at a time will absolutely run you dry of mats), but breaking down items you get from questing and exploring is going to be the most stress free way to level all gear making crafts.

I'm not trying to level crafting by crafting new gear. I'm trying to level it by deconstructing stuff. I'm trying to build MY gear and do the writs.

basically, to elaborate on what I said. Rather than go out of my way to try and locate all the bullshit mats I need to finish the writs. Instead, just continue adventuring and playing the game, and at the end come back and deconstruct my items for experience and then if I have the mats I need, use those for completing writs.

Compare this to GW2. If you want to start leveling crafting, you set aside certain amount of gold, buy all the mats you need off the trading post, and then powerlevel the crafting discipline in under an hour.

Coming from GW2, I was looking at crafting as something to powerlevel. But it seems like that isn't as easy.

>This makes me feel like a whiny bitch
and it should because you are one. Your only complaints were
>Qol, Qol, Qol,eso+ , sturctures and Qol
Quality of life is something you invest in YOUR ACTUAL LIFE and the lack of them has a great RP value, at lest to me. We are playing mmoRPG after all. Either way if you are interested in the game and consider going further, you will WANT to get that eso+, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but the day will come.

See, I love the crafting. Crafters who actually take out the time to make sure they research and collect motifs (especially rare ones) and can access all the set crafting stations in the game have VALUE.

When it's something like GW2.. nobody cares about someone who's a 500 crafter in a craft, because EVERYONE is a 500 crafter in EVERY craft (unless it's chef or jeweler, then it's 400)

if I say "well gee, I really want a 5 piece set of Julianos Light with divines trait in the Akaviri style... but I don't have Akaviri style".. well, looks like I need to find a crafter who can do that for me and pay them for their custom work.

>jump over the abyssal crack
R
O
F
L

>and it should because you are one. Your only complaints were

No I'm not. You are objectively wrong. Fuck this game and fuck it's community. The lack of quality of life is garbage and it's not fun to play. MMO's are garbage and I've had enough excusing it to try and enjoy it. Fuck me for not having a good time, I guess everyone that criticizes anything is a whiny bitch because they disagree with you faggot fuck.

No, you're not going to powerlevel crafting on your first character.

On subsequent characters when you have surpluses of say, Tier 6-9 mats and you're champion level 160 so Tier 6-9 are worthless, you can craft a bunch of shit and send it to an alt to break down (breaking down something that you looted or someone else crafted provides far far more xp than breaking down your own work) and you can level crafts really fast that way.

Crafting takes effort in this game.

>my life sux so much that i NEED qol in my games

Fug man I downloaded 80GB on Steam, and now within the ESO launcher it says I have THIRTY MORE gigs?

At level 15 you should be doing fine in dropped gear. If you try to put enough points into the three equipment crafts to be able to craft your own gear and be efficient about it, you will find yourself scraping for skill points and still not be able to craft the sets you want for the set bonuses.
If you have skill points to spare for crafting, you would be better off spending them to speed up research and to make your refining more efficient to start collecting rare tempers for later on.

I'm not in USA soil where competion actually make sure things like don't happen.
So don't worry aobut it.

it's just not as appealing as Bosmer qts

what's the best reseller for ESO+ and crown keys that wont get my account banned?

I guess it's difference of opinion. I find it frustrating, but I dislike crafting in every video game. I think this game is not meant for me. I'm going to quit, thank you for putting forth your perspective, I just don't think I have the patience for this. Have a good one.

I wish the crafting was more involved like EQ.

thanks for the info. this helps.

Dude, are you me?
i'm trying to find cheapest deals for eso+ at the very moment.

This is a 10/10 in Morrowind

Dunno if it's cheapest but G2A had the game + explorers pack (any race w/ any faction + some good leveling gear treasure hunts) for about $12. 60 days of ESO+ was $18 on there. This was about a week ago though.

Yeah I'm very cautious as I had my War Thunder account banned for using a shady reseller.

I honestly didn't care though as the memesports BS was ruining that game anyway and I had already quit when they banned me.

I can't help laughing at every interaction with her. She really wanted my Argonian D

I think g2a is the best choice here. cheap and reliable.

I like the way it is. There's a lot of customizable parts to it.

Well, think of it this way, crafting in ESO is intended to take MONTHS to master, not just because of going 1-50 in the skill line, but because of researching traits, finding motifs, etc.

>147457667
Yeah I caved and bought the explorers pack from kinguin while I wait for money to transfer into paypal to buy 90 days of ESO time.

I'm thinking about buying directly from the website out of fear of being banned lel.

Post landscape screenshots. NOW!

Muh muatra.

She was pretty lusty, for a Dunmer.

and she wanted to be ur waifu

This game has a general? I thought it was dead ages ago. I'm in desperate need of an mmorpg to play but haven't heard anything positive about this game before, is it any good now?

kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/bethesda-is-deactivating-eso-accounts-due-to-fraudulent-keys/

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM

>where competition actually make

>laughing lobbyists

listen. stop. Don't let this shit overwhelm you. You are too early in the game for this shit to even be an issue for you. At the point you are at in the game, you can basically just gear up based on drops and buying from merchants and be fine.

The way you want to approach this is to ignore writs and crafting gear (unless actually have the stuff for it without going out of your way). Instead, just play the game normally and wear the best armor you find (you might even mix it up between heavy and light if you want). And take home the rest and deconstruct it.

Basically, rather than focusing on crafting stuff as you level, just deconstruct and research items you find while questing and keep all the mats you find in the bank. Then invest in a few perks in the crafting here and there as you have skill points to waste. What will end up happening, is by the time you start approaching end game, your crafting will have naturally leveld up a lot and you'll have stockpiled a lot of resources. This is the point of the game you will also have access to a lot more stuff. At this point, you can start focusing on finishing off your desired crafting disciplines, really speccing into them, and building your gear.

I really disagree with people that try to frontload everything in the game on people that are just coming to grips with everything. Yes, this game has shit quality of life and for alot of people (including myself) that's a problem (but it really is a matter of perspective). That's why you don't really even bother with building gear until you are higher enough level and you have more resources and you are more familiar with how the game works. For now, as you level, just gear out your character with what you find and deconstruct the rest.

As some people have already said. Crafting in this game is supposed to be a special discipline that takes months. By the time you reach end game, is when it will really start to become a thing that you actively do.

It's progressing to the point of becoming just like a single player TES game, but with other people, dungeons/raids, and PVP, and a Player Merchant Guild driven economy.

The one thing it's currently missing is spellcrafting.

I thought it was trash too, but I've been having a lot of fun. It's sort of like if an MMO actually had good combat.

>spellcrafting
I came.

SHIIIIIT
I think I got this game or fallout 4 from a cdkey reseller. Fuck.

How cheap can you get it now? Is there a subscription? Don't really wanna go digging for deals if it's still not cheap enough

Ima gud boi massa Imaa sub directly from yo site from now on I promise massa.

when we recommend people "frontload" with crafting we only mean for them to deconstruct stuff on ONE character that is meant to do all their gear crafting, pass all found motifs to ONE character that is going to do all their gear crafting, and make sure that one character is ALWAYS researching something because of the real time component to research.

Otherwise, you're absolutely right, dont' try to power level the crafting. It's going to take you 6 months or more to max out research on the crafts, even with spending points.. so don't be in a rush.

you can sub or buy the DLC separately.

I bought it for 30 bucks. The subscription is optional, but it opens up the dlc and makes everything just enough faster for it to be noticeable. I recommend it, but go in with low expectations. It has good combat and questing, and feels like a poor man's oblivion that you get to play with friends (and for the price it's worth it). It feels like a single player TES game that you can play with your buddy. The issues it has are more associated with a lack of quality of life and some other issues that are kind of subjective.

Housing and other QOL shit are planned and coming Q4 last I heard.

see the OP there might be some good deals for like $20 for the base game.. No REQUIRED subscription but the subscription does get you access to all the DLC areas in the game (Imperial City, Orsinium, The Thieves Guild (and a part of Hammerfell called Hew's Bane), and the Dark Brotherhood (and the Gold Coast region of Cyrodiil including Anvil and Kvatch), and access to an infinite storage crafting materials bag, which if you are a crafter is a pretty huge fucking deal, plus the sub gets you 10% xp, gold find, crafting inspiriation (crafting xp), and trait research rate.. and.. you get $15 worth of crown store crowns a month (for $15 a month, so basically you're buying the crowns and all the other benefits are free)

I consider it worth it, but you definitely don't have to sub to play the base game, in fact I'd recommend not having the sub at first, level a character to 50, play the base game, see if you like it, and when you're looking to do some of the DLC areas, THEN consider subbing.

Well, I only have one character that I want to play. Can my crafter also be my main? I don't really want to make a low level crafter character.

Worrysome, but that article is a year old. Also it seems Bethesda provided a way of getting your account back by purchasing a copy of the game from more legit sources.

reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/36womu/deactivation_of_fraudulently_obtained_esotu_game/

So worst case scenario, we're out 12 dollars and have to re-buy the game to get our accounts back if they do another ban wave.

Yep.

Not a landscape but this is also "one chance to visit" place.

I'm not even sure I want that hanging over my head. I may just sub for six months from the main site and just get the cheapest price.

they WERE working on it, it was going to be this extension of the mage's guild where you find runes and create spells, with customizable aspects like altering the duration or damage, and they were based on the traditional TES magic schools like destruction, restoration, conjuration, illusion, alteration (not sure about mysticism)

But we haven't heard anything about it since 2014 so it's definitely on the back burner.

this makes me feel a lot better. I think I can do that. Rather than sell my shit, just deconstruct in and research it. That will make it feel like I'm basically just training it passively until I get to a point where I can focus on it. Thanks guys.

But I visit the login screen every day.............

where the fuck are my crossbows and spears?

templar and fighters guild

What mods go best with morrowloot? Skyre maybe? I just want to get rid of the level scaling.

I've never seen a crossbow and I've been playing for a couple days now :(.

Why wasn't Daedric armour made into a megazord ultra rare drop? :l

reading is hard

Forgot to add I went to the website, morrowloot isn't on there whatsoever.

yes you can get enough skill points to do all that.

so if you're doing that for sure don't be sinking points into your crafting lines for awhile, or it'll be frustrating when you want to morph new skills and don't have points. Just deconstruct, research (get research assistant addon), if you absolutely must, put points into the skills that enable you to research more than 1 item at a time and decrease research times. Start putting points into crafting when you hit veteran areas and your main combat skills are all leveled and morphed the way you want them.

see

the crossbow is only 1 spell i think. Kinda lame. Would love to see more weapon variety in eso.

Go back to your own general fag.

oh, naah, you misunderestimate me
if I couldn't have gotten it in roubles, i would have found it in baht or dinars

the silver bolts skill in the fighter's guild skill line you pull out a crossbow and shoot with it. That's the only crossbow currently.

reading is still very hard.

a fucking spell? And no voulges, spears, javelins or shuriken.

Also why are arrows not a finite resource? Takes the fun out of being an archer. Crafting and selecting the right arrow for the job.

>paying in any form of nigger money, ever.

wowwww rude.

Ah my bad, no wonder this thread was so slow. Enjoy your p2w mmo I guess.

>reeeee no sexlabs mod!!!!
good riddance.

>not paying what the company thinks people from a poor country can afford to pay
oh wow, i bet you pay USD or GBP instead of ringgit or pesos for textbooks, too

So are we all in agreement?

QT Tier list

>Top Tier
Bosmer

>High Tier
Breton
Imperial

>Mid Tier
Altmer
Nord

>Low Tier
Dunmer
Redguard

>Shit Tier
Orc

>OH SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING tier
Khajiit
Argonian

Arrow mechanics are not fun in mmos, thats one thing wow taught me. Templars have a whole skill line dedicated to using a holy spear or something like that. Still would love to see javelins or throwing axes or something like that, but shurikens would feel a bit out of place imo

>I didn't play anything prior to Oblvion the post.

Too young to enjoy daggerfall (i've tried but the controls killed it for me) Enjoyed the shit out of morrowind tho. But shurikens existing in earlier games does not mean it would fit in the current game. Either way, thats just my opinion would still love to see more wep variety.