the past

>untended graves
past

>firelink shrine
present

>flameless shrine
future

It's just a time travel.
Reminder that you go through the corridor lined with stone tablets from Dragoncock Peak, the place where sorcerers can summon people from different eras to fight you.
Also reminder that if you look at the sky through the cracks in the room you can see that room of Oceiros exists in "present" timeline and room after a corridor in "dark" timeline.

I fucked up. Long story short, saved Siegmeyer in Blighttown, returned to Siegline in Firelink, but accidentaly said no to me knowing where her father is. Have i fucked up the questline now?

>host lost somewhere in the lvl
>sunbro pops up
>we both team up searching for the host
>[TEMPTATIONS INTENSIFIES]

upgrading the ancient dragon shield doesn't increase its regen right?

IS NON-METADUELS/FIGHTS STILL A THING IN BURG?

I FUCKING HATE THE TWO FAT BITCHES PAST SIEG IN SETTLEMENT
FUCK

Why is my blonde hair green?

>Great Machete costs more stamina than the Greataxe and Demon's Greataxe. It's just behind Yhorms, and about equal with the Dragonslayer's Greataxe. Nowhere even close to 3-% less.
m8 i have PERSONALLY tested this
unless it's been somehow nerfed

I don't think you did. You just get different dialogue.

Shit lighting.

pls screencap the roof of the dark corridor for comparison

>no option to riposte enemies/bosses like in Bloodborne unless you're using a fist weapon
all the weapon ripostes in ds3 are pretty cool but it'd be cool for them to add in an option for all your ripostes to look like that

Optimize your build accordingly.
I'm probably missing something.
>raw
>shit HP
>shit armor
why tho

Read straight from the wiki, it says she continues looking if you say "yes"

HAW HAW

So Champion Gundyr is a champion of nothing.

He was supposed to do what the PC does, the unkindled that returned the lord souls to their thrones.
then you come fro the shadow out of time and fuck him up.

well yeah, didn't you read his gear? he showed up late to the party and there was nothing to do

>liking bb ripostes
What is wrong with you

>shadow out of time
That's some H.P. Lovecraft shit right there.

LOW LEVEL INVADER
FUCK YOU

That was the point. I thought it was clever.

just bait one out at a time ya doof

you guys know what bugs me the most about Dark Souls III?
its not the linear world
its not that faith is shit
its not the shit covenants (close)
its that they fucking reused the DaS1 backstab and riposte animations. each weapon class had 3 (three) critical animations in 2, what the fuck

>LOW LEVEL INVADER
Yeah but like
wouldn't you want high HP and low every other stat for that? It's what I do and it's a pretty effective gank spank.

you are now in charge of making the MOST ANNOYING, FRUSTRATING, CHEAP BULLSHIT boss of all time that is still actually possible to kill

what do you do?

>jamming your fist into the boss' crotch and/or guts
>proceeding to disembowel them by ripping your fist across violently
metal as fuck, how would i not like them

So I just got back to this game after taking a long break. Anris sword got nerfed. That was the best thing I had for a quality build of 40 across everything except atn and int.

What's the best quality weapon now?

Is Londor Pale Shade the strongest npc phantom? He completely wrecks all the bosses you can summon him for

I'm suddenly disappointed we don't have an image of Gundyr running to firelink with toast in his mouth.

Does Holy K***ht Hodrick in the dickstab forest count?

non-timetravel contrarians btfo

THEY'RE NOT DIFFICULT
THEY JUST FLAILED AT ME THROUGH THE WALL AS I SPRINTED PAST AND KNOCKED ME OFF THE LEDGE
IT'S A FRIENDLY INVADER
ALL I NEED IS 20+5 FAITH AND WARMTH

It's not like you keep constantly seeing the backstab animations so you don't really need that many there.

What annoys me is that the PvP estus punish is a running attack, not a backstab.

Miyazaki had an enormous hardon for weird fiction and brought it into DS3 in full swing.
Entire game is based on time traveling but it's done way more subtly than in DS2 so dark firelink or firelink also being Kiln rises some questions.

>1000 souls
what the FUCK

rally the drawfags
i must see this brought to light

What are some good pvp weapons? I haven't played DS3 in a few weeks so I am clueless

W-what?

Reminder that the two DLC areas will be Londor and the Profaned Capital v2

Three eighty seven

Virtually anything that ain't a greathammer (gargoyle one, great club and morne being exceptions), reapers, whips with the exception of witch locks, hammers with the exception of drang hammers or axes with the exception of hand axe-type ones.

but the Spear backstabs or the UGS guard break ripostes were fucking great. maybe not 3 for every class but 2, i would be satisfied

It wouldn't be too surprising, he's a "hidden" summon of sorts. I've never seen Yuria since
>summoning for the final boss

I find Gotthard is really decent, though, wades in with lmao2swords but instantly pulls out his bow at range.

Award worst goes for Anri who makes Lucatiel look competent.
>Miyazaki we've made it so that Aldrich's arrow rain can completely drop Anri's health to 0 from full on NG, which the player has absolutely no way of preventing or stopping. Shall we increase her health to compensate for this glaring weakness?
>No, turn the fight into an RNG DPS race unless you use Atonement which is a garbage miracle
>Will do, sir!

He only gives 1000 souls despite being extremely "overleveled".

Is it hard to get/find the katana or washing pole in DaSII? I don't want to know where they are, just if they're hard to find or not.

Also, what's the best dex weapon? I've been using Heides Spear and haven't really found anything I like more.

Katanas, curved swords, straight swords, estoc.

How do I wield heavy weapon without fat rolling and leveling VIT

You get 1000 souls for killing him.

>IT'S A FRIENDLY INVADER

Really? I never paid too much attention to how much he gives me. Thanks for filling this clueless user in

You can get him to invade (in Irithyll) without ever doing Yuria's questline. The pilgrim assassin shows up regardless, and as long as you kill her the pale shade will invade.

what would be a good secondary weapon for a balls to the wall character with a greataxe mainhand
twinaxes? dual hammers?

I do in pve.

>scythe: impale with blunt end
>fuck huge halberd: impale the same as a dagger
>every ultra, blunt, or cgs: 2hits to the back
>literally no variation for riposte animation

It gets old as shit really fast

On NG+++ he gives like 5k souls

>what is Skull Ring

>youtube.com/watch?v=7RtVHbXKcko
>"and most people might go well, you've been beating everyone else, and probably that's because probably 99% of the people who play this aren't very good. They just don't care about dedicating a lot of time to it, and why would they? This isn't exactly a top tier competitive game here."

Why are you still playing dark souls PvP, /dsg/?

Honestly I feel more sorry for Jund, and other people who have basically dedicated their lives to gitting gud at this game. They don't get to leave even though they're self aware it's shit and their "skills" are entirely meaningless compared to "real" e-sports/fighting games.

If you have twinaxes there's no need to use a greataxe.
The twinaxes do more damage on an L1 than ultra weapons do.

>tfw almost 150 ears in knight roster on SL130 character
>98% of them are from being summoned

Okay, what about exceptionally good? I have used zwei in the 2 previous games and I like using it in this one but I want something faster. Claymore, Carthus greatsword, or something like that

Business idea: killing summoned Hodrick drops the flameberge in NG and way more souls in NG+ and beyond.

Nobody is playing pvp seriously

it bugs me that its lazy as shit and instead of improving upon DaS2, it just throws out everything that was good about that game and makes a soulless clone of DaS1

Washing Pole is end-game, but you can get the Uchigatana from a bog standard merchant in one of the earlier areas.

All other katanas are also end-game, except for the Iaito equivalent which you get around the middle.

he's kinda right but he should atleast make the effort to play seriously the souls games that require the most skills

Which game do you think had the best world layout and why?

just make a room filled with 10 dogs
Plus some soul arrow casters for good measure
We'll call it the "Hollow Dog Legion"

1, no contest.

The version of Hodrick you can summon in Crucifixion Woods is so obscenely overpowered he's way harder than most bosses at that point. He can 100-0 you in a single attack.

Uhhhh

This will sound retarded, but how do I quit Dark Souls 3? I can't find the quit game option in the pause menu.

>not going for "Hollow Dog Authority"
come on now

That's not true at all. Most people want to win and abuse meta weapons or overpowered builds to that end. If they didn't give a shit they wouldn't do that. They take it seriously enough to do whatever it takes to win, even exploit.

actual connectivity instead of area>hallway>area with completely different geography and weather
actual long stretches without bonfires, and shortcuts mean something/are useful
and NO WARPING UNTIL LATEGAME HOLY FUCK

DS1 crit animations are way more brutal and satisfying, especially hornet ones.
Also DS3 FAI > DS2 FAI.

>the casters reanimate dead dogs

Definetly 1

Yuria is very strong
She can't cast hexes like the paleshade, to which SoC is rather weak to, but she still pulls her own weight and I never seen her die. She's tough as nails

I thought the Great Machete's advantage was what it is lightweight with low reqs.

A giant rock lizard that spew smaller rock lizard, sometime he can spew an invader.

find the largest object near you, slam it against your screen

DaS1 has the best overall world layout but BB had some top tier level designs

>pause menu

Is DaS3 harder than DaS1? I feel like the High Wall of Lothric is harder than most of the Burg -> Parish part of 1.

/dsg/ in a nutshell

also, separately, /dsg/ in a nutshell

VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE
I CAN JUST MURDER THEM IF THEY DON'T ACT NICE TOO

Yuria is something like SL 110.