/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Star Wars Edition

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
E3 Bannerlord siege videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=705at0Pr4fM
youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8

E3 interview by Techraptor :
youtube.com/watch?v=txjEMt7utvE

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15.

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/2ZjZZZpc

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:

>user's ACOCK minimod
mega.nz/#F!JRQ1DRqA!Evh-3Q3uQRbaLzR4LiQ85A
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/YJtqe
i.yuki.la/vg/1466202272974.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm trying to enable formations, but when I go to the languages folder there isn't an en folder (i'm playing in English), nor an ui file inside

what do?

HOLD THE DOOR

So I've hunted around the net and found fuckall for it, but how large can you make a map? A tutorial recommends 300x400 or vice versa, but there's no way in hell Warwolf's is that big.

>they be thinking golems can outman my skellies

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

>this general got over 750 replies in one day

I'm still used to ded /mbg/, damn it. This requires a feast.

And not with shitty Wei either.

go to your languages folder in MountBlade Warband/languages/en
you just edit that and it'll affect any mod that doesn't have a ui file

What mod are you enabling it for? You can probably get away with just editing the single line.

Made an album for my key bind sheets. Feel free to use them for the next topic if you want.

imgur.com/a/YJtqe

I wonder if M&B would be able to handle more units if AI was squad-based instead of each unit having its own AI.

Possibly.

Probably. If they were grouped up. As soon. As they would split up though that would be another story.

thanks, it worked

where can I find a list with all the commands, to make sure that it's working properly?

Just hit f2 when in a battle. If you see commands like "F1 - Form 1 rank, F2- Form 2 ranks" then it is working.

thanks user

Think I'm done with the new ninja hoods.

Thoughts?

What about GekoNewer?

I'm really crap at the game, never get very far in. What faction do you find the most fun to play with?

Also, is it really worth becoming a mercenary for a faction, or should I gather up men and try to start my own?

In case you missed it, someone posted about changing base morale, if you want that for Gekonewer.

>In case you missed it, someone posted about changing base morale, if you want that for Gekonewer.
I already know how. Thanks though.

>What will be the name of your kingdom?

Always the hardest part of the game.

So the star wars mod is only multiplayer right? No single player ones?

there's a SP one for original M&B

these pics will never not make my smile, no matter what the labels are

That name is a mouthful. It's hard to forget though.

>Raedona
I think I did pretty well on my first time.

LONG MAY HE REIGN

This makes no sense. How could the chinks not make any good female assets? What am I supposed to have proper sleazily dressed kunoichi?

If it isn't a knifeear then I guess they can't be bothered.

Are you updating a mod or something? Will you upload it somewhere?

how viable is an all nanban army in gekonewer?

I've been working on a content patch for GekoNewer for 10 days

I haven't even started on what I was planning to add this patch either. I've gotten distracted by stealing assets and adding in a kenshin waifu for the weebs.

>waifu
>weebs
precisely my sort of thing my man
continue with my blessing

>try playing native MP
>annoyed at the lack of upstab and the fact spears are just bats
god damnit taleworlds just update warband with upstab and crouching it'd take literally 2 minutes reeeee

You can recruit 15-30 a week and it takes wuite a while for them to level up. Also I made them very expensive. They are pretty fucking OP though.

I plan to make Oni even more OP but also VERY high level so getting a "Ancient Red Oni" still haven't sorted out the naming scheme would take a while. No so much crazy-high proficiency like most mods I feel I'm already pushing the bounds with the best units have 300 but just maxxed Iron Flesh, Power Strike and very high strength.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the Yokai undead as I can't change the script that effects the recruitment amount without the source code. I guess I will just keep them comparable to normal troops but top tier comparable or weaker than hatamoto.

Kappa will probably be the same as Yokai but there armor shells will be above average.

Hopefully the next official release of Gekokujo won't come out before I finish my patch.

I need a mod with modern guns to truly experience Freedom Day

A good Revolutionary War mod would be a little more patriotic.

How modern exactly?

What the fuck are you doing? I thought this mod was AAA++++ historical accurate?

tfw bannerlords is not likely to have it either

Dude can't wait for Bannerlord Warband

That is the great part. This content can only be seen if the player seeks it out. The Historically Accurateâ„¢ characters are pretenders, the nanban and phantasy troops can only be recruited from neutral forts. The nanban gear is only sold on Kyushu.

Besides the nanban gear you could play the mod nd never even see the stuff I'm adding in. Everyone is happy. History fags are happy, weeb fags are happy, fantasy fags are happy & Followers of the True Faith seeking to spread the Good Word to slanteyed heathens are happy.

>take your helmet off
>and kill people with it
What a time to be alive.

what's with the horns?

Swadians, but the Rhocucks are fun too.

because Vikings

i'm scandinavian and horns are retarded

blame opera

>native

>uses a great helm
>doesn't bother with any armor

Back to multiplayer with you

Behold, the mighty Sarranian Empire

>that filter
just why

real is brown

And yet people still bitch about it every other thread

I honestly wonder how we have any OC providers in this general at all anymore with the random spikes of /v/ we've been getting lately

Didn't Chief Lusto comment on upstab? He said negative things about it like an idiot. Or was that another mod? I just know I disliked him for a reason

>And yet people still bitch about it every other thread
I just have to channel my inner-modder CUNT and remember I'm making this mod for me. So if people don't like I just wont give a fuck.

When asked about upstab he said something along the lines "Why would you want upstab? Eheheheheheh."

Are horse archers good in Warwolf? What about their AI?

image of all of his replies in a thread on /v/ about bannerlord
round the bottom is his reply

has anyone played brave new world?

is it any good?

Look at the last thread.

>I personally always found upstab kind of annoying and nonsensical
>Making spear+shield useful is annoying
>Spear users throughout history have been nonsensical

Okay, Frank. When's the next time he's coming here? I want to ask about the PC that was used for the siege gameplay so I can figure out if I can deal with 500-man sieges.

Who the fuck shows his replies but not the things he is replying to

>"I always found it annoying and nonsensical"
WUT
I mean it LOOKS stupid but that's an animation problem (seriously look at your characters palm orientation and whatnot - totally wrong).

How is "Only 1 of your 4 attacks on a stabbing weapon is actually stabbing, and it's rendered useless if they close the gap" any good

>I mean it LOOKS stupid but that's an animation problem
2h isn't that bad but 1h is
though there's only 4 1h upstab animations
only 2 of them are good but 1 of them has like 2 frames

>stat computing LODS for some of these chink assets since a lot of them dont have them
>certain assets cause OpenBrf to CTD

THANKS CHINKS

Does anybody know a decent mod that allows you to play with the injuns?

1866 for the original Warband.

Any mod by GABBY

I wanna be able to order my archers to fire in volleys without me ordering them to.
There is an old pre-warband mod called 1866.

>original warband.

Yes????

>Trying to add matchmaking to MP
>

Try stabbing like this i.yuki.la/vg/1466202272974.webm
You have your palm facing your face as your chest is orientated slightly to the right. Your left hand is doing little more than just guiding the spear
How's your left shoulder & elbow feel?

you wouldn't hunch over while stabbing "down" irl anyway
warband attacks aren't supposed to be realistic they're supposed to convey which direction they're coming from

The original was just called Mount and Blade.

There is no original Warband. It's Mount and Blade.

So I'm playing with the sarranids, spreading the glory of allah troughout calradia. We're at war on three fronts (khergits, rhodoks and nords). We're about done wiping out the khergits, the nords are getting slaugthered on the open desert and my man Bilya is holdng the rhodoks off at weyya castle.
Meanwhile, in the rest of the world is busines as usual; the vaegirs took advantage of us taking care of the steppeniggers and ragnar deciding he wanted to take all of his vassals across calradia to get themselves some hot sarranian puss and took wercheg, sargoth and thir, as well as every fucking castle except for Chalbek and Hrus.
The swadians are getting pounded in the ass by the vaegirs, who took dhirim, and the rhodoks, which explains why they aren't sacking durquba by now.
After we were done with the khergits we turned to the rhodoks and besieged veluca after taking jamiche and almerra, and promptly got our asses handed to us.
Thing is, the swadians are making a comeback and already took veluca and yalen.
Looks like late game is going to be a threeway between swadia, vaegirs and sarranids.

>nonsensical

Yeah that's what I was thinking of. What a chode

Thanks for digging that out for me user

Did he just show up in one thread or does he post regularly?

last time I saw him posting on here was like in November if I remember correctly

He used to show up here every now and then. We assumed he'd take a look after posting the blog, but either he didn't or he did but didn't feel like posting.

Sad. I wanted to ask him about trebuchets.

Also, page 9

>I personally always found upstab kind of annoying and nonsensical.

He thinks entirely missing the point of a spear, and swatting it around like a fucking caveman would his club, isn't annoying and nonsensical.

What role in development does he have and why hasn't he been fired yet?

god dammit wrong post gg

How is the /mbg/ localization of Warwolf coming along? I'm looking forward to fuckable bodies and the blowjob gift.

>What role in development
None I hope. He is just the PR guy.
>why hasn't he been fired yet?
This I have no answer to.

>1257
>go to priest to recruit knights from chapter house I imported
>WHOA BRO YOU ALREADY GOT SOME FUCK OFF
>never hired any yet

???

I'd keep that woman as my prisoner, if you know what I mean.

>How is the /mbg/ localization of Warwolf coming along?
No github updates in ever and what is on the github at the moment causes serious text-desync problems, eg all the text is wrong in towns

Anyone got full thread archive? I missed that thread ;_;

Would you recruit that prisoner to your party? If you know what I mean.

A man can dream...

After a few interrogations, if you know what I mean.
After she swears loyalty to my sword, if you know what I mean.

What if she has never handled a sword before? If you know what I mean.

I have a high trainer skill, if you know what I mean.

>Have Thibaut Castle
>war just started with snowpeople (I'm with the nords)
>they are fucking starting a siege for my (only) castle
>no jarls helping me out
>800 enemies
>i got like 100

should I just take my best people i put in the castle and run? fml

If they are 100 nord huscarls then you will be fine.

Pretty sure leaving and just taking the castle back is the best option.

like 3 huscarls mate
doin this now! had to leave about 60 troops there tho..

Does anybody still play this?