/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

REMINDER EDITION

Previous thread: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodborne.wikidot.com/level#toc3
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4/edit#gid=1814333532
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for things.

Second for Rifle Spear

Third for cute

Is the bone ash'd cannon still viable for PVP?

Fifth for smell

Yes, it's damage is still the same, you just can't fire as many times. You used to be able to fire 4 times if you Blood bullet'd each time, now without runes you can only shoot twice. But it still does obscene damage.

Never forgetti

>mfw gatling gun

Time to save this bread from dying!

This is the reason I hate fighting ayy lmaos.

On the other hand, it's also kind of nice because it absolves any and all guilt when I pull out my wheel and use the same strat.

It only really works in mensis. Most of the people here know that it's the most viable attack and can pretty consistently work around it

Even Mensis shitters are wising up to it

We shall not abandon the ded thred.

Does anyone know the formula for figuring the level of someone by the amount of echoes they drop? I killed a host just now that gave me over 13000 and I want to know just how giant he was 'cause that's a bigger number than I've ever seen.

bloodborne.wikidot.com/level#toc3

Christ he was gigantic. I don't understand why people level that high.

Im bored, does anyone need help with a boss or whatever?

From the last thread:

>there is no crestfallen in bb

I think Gilbert kinda takes that roll

It's been 7 months since I last played Bloodborne (sold my ps4). I was on bbg from day one. I really miss you guys. Love you all.

The crestfallen is me when I realize that I can't romance the Plain Doll any further after giving her the hair ornament.

We miss you. Good Hoontah

Gilbert doesn't really strike me as being crestfallen. He's more along the lines of "I'm bedridden and going to die but I'm at peace with it."

Poor fool, what compelled you to sell your PS4? Strapped for cash?

Love you too though.

> Hrg, rg… Arrrgh…
> Finally, I have found it, I have!…
> My very own use for the Tiny Tontrius… I am the Tiny Tontrius!…
> I've done it… I have…
> Yes, I did it… I did!…
> Ohh, ohhh…
> Hrgrraaaooogh!

>gilbert not crestfallen enough

Right. But his place in the progression of the MC reminds me of the crestfallen.

He gives early tipps and turns against the MC later.

He is a far more likable chap tho

>> Finally, I have found it, I have!…
>I, HAVEL

is this spreadsheet still up to date?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4/edit#gid=1814333532

I want to get the best possible bolt weapons

> best possible bolt weapons

Hope you like Abhorrent Beast

>bolt weapons

Tell AB i said 'fu'

why would you make gifs when there are webms my man

AB is ezpz. All of his attacks have the same timing, so if you learn on of them you'll know all of them, then just dodge to his left and do a dodge attack. Keep doing this until he's dead.

>finally plat das3
>I should do des next because it's my second favorite game after bloodborne
>all the shit you have to do with world and character tendency
>pure
>blade
>stone
Maybe i'll do it later.

Needed a new laptop for uni studies, and my shifts at work got cut. :'(

You can take a world to pure black then all the way back to pure white in one playthrough. It's not really an issue.

>Not having a backup fire weapon

What are the SKL caps for viscerals again?

Remember when this game was still nicknamed RWBYborne? Them's the days...

Softcap at 50, hardcap at 99.

Getting a pure blade stone takes about as much time as getting 3x 27.2s. If you're not duping, you'll probably get a pure stone before you have enough chunks to +5 a weapon.

I wish you could drill four holes into a circular saw blade, then stick it on the end of the Gatling Gun over the barrels so you can saw-chop at people while shooting with it.

I'd rather a spike attached to the end so i could use it as a drill while shooting people, or even when out of ammo.

Cheers

>helping casuls with NG Rom
>they use Axes and shit lol
>they stand infront of minions and hack away for whooping 20dmg
>Approval gesture
>pop a BBP
>fuck Rom to shreds with gemmed BoM +10
>mfw

>but I'm at peace with it
He's absolutely not at peace with it, you should go back to him and hear his last lines.

How did you double-post almost 10 minutes apart?

What are the Pthumeru and Isz equivalents of the big bridge room over the chasm in Loraine?

There are many similar bridges in Pthumeru.

Bridges are the same.

Damn I havent visited this place in a long while. Why's it so dead? Everyone left?

I just lost 200,000 echoes in a chalice dungeon.

Can someone remind why the FUCK it is necessary to grind these abhorrent clusterfucks just to get gems for pvp? Why is making a pvp build in this game so fucking grindy and unfun? Seriously, this is way too much trouble to go through fuck me

>200,000 echoes
wow dude how will you ever recover

>200k
>when the most basic enemy in depth 5 will drop 5k a pop
Hazard a guess the whole gem system was someone at Sony pushed for that rpg randomly generated loot shit that's real popular in western video games today.

I was busy checking out beast mode for the first time since I bought the DLC on day one and doing some invasions, REEEing at randoms and so on.

I gotta admit it's pretty beast ;^).

What's your excuse for leaving, huh? Don't tell me you fell for Miyazaky's sweet little ruse for the second time, user.

Its just slow at this time because Murrican hours. It will pick up soon enough.

Actually I've been trying to finish Witcher 3. I got that game october last year on my birthday and fuck I've been trying to finish since january but that game's just so fucking big. I only barely got to skellige for the first time about a month ago now.

nah there's something like that in nier too, i think miyazaki just has no fucking clue what makes a good game and while mashing together random features he hit jackpot on his first try

That's actually a pretty acceptale excuse, I've been wanting to play that for a while, but considering both DLCs are out now I'll just wait for the inevitalbe GOTY edition to come out... And then wait some more for its price to drop.

Does bloodtinge effect Bowblade arrows?

I havent even gotten the dlcs yet can you fucking believe it?

But yeah im trying to finish it as fast as possible (read: while still clearing every single available sidequest before even touching the next main quest) and then going back and finishing bb again.

And after that finally get around to playing ds3 some more.

I swear to fucking god there's not enough days in the year for all I wanna do.

Is there anything more infuriating in this game then whiffing against a bosses head cause it bobbed 2 inches to the left just out of reach right as you swung?

red spiders?

Hellhounds?

Winter lanterns?

Anyone up for defiled Amy?

Pass is bbg (bl80)

still need help my dyde?

If I make the depth 4 cursed and defiled root chalice with all the additional rites, does it also unlock FRC for depth 5 chalices?

>if I make a depth 4 chalice does it unlock the rites for a depth 5
It goes top down, so a 4 will unlock 3-1 as well as 4 but 5 will be the only way to unlock depth 5

Well fuck. I need 1 more loran bastard for depth 5 FRC and pretty sure grabbed all the chest ones in ailing loran already.

lowlevel blt-build y/n?

They can be bought from insight bath for 7 insight on NG+.

you can try farming them from silverbeasts that guard levers, or remake the chalice by searching it at the alter

Ringading-ding famalam

gimme a pw, gonna srrc it my guy

how low?

Hunter tools need to be re-adjusted to use less bullets

Its plain ol bbg my man

ringing that super fast srrc

30-43, thinking Bloodletter or bowblade

Heh. Let me grab my pock real fast and try again

I'm just gonna be ringing if it happens again, don't worry about it

So what's more fun; Bloodtinge or Beasthood?

Youre the bestest, famalamarama

thanks fambrodie

farming some waning cold abyssals, just set the save
if anyone wants in I'll drop a pass

Any lore explanation of the visceral attacks and what happens to your hand when you do them? Is the good hunter in the process of becoming a beast?

Beeing a hunter means surfing on the very edge to beasthood for profit.

So: yes

>for profit

I'm sorry, what? I didn't get rich, I lost my mind then an old man tried to cut my head off and an alien wanted to adopt me.

tfw europoors don't play this game so my only real option for pvp/coop is to deal with awful fromsoft netcode

I'll play with you after I get off work

I'm up for coop later as well.

Just nearing the end of my first playthrough. This is probably a stupid question, but after you defeat Gehrmann/Moon Presence, do you have to continue to NG+ or can you choose to keep your hunter in the current world? I want to finish the game, but I really have no desire to play NG+ with my current build (it's pretty sloppy). I'd rather keep my character around with all the active lamps for co-op.

It automatically sends you to NG+

You can kill Gherman and Hunter Mark/suicide during the Moon Presence fight. As long as MP isn't killed you won't progress to NG+. The moon in the Hunter's dream also changes.

Damn, thanks guys. Maybe I'll leave the Moon Presence battle and finish up the chalice dungeons first. I backed myself into a pretty ineffectual strength/arcane build.