/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General #25

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH edition

Previous Dwight >What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE
Pastebin with peek at what's in the full release in terms of levels: pastebin.com/FE58REXD
Pastebin with all of the values (perks/items/whatnot): pastebin.com/vCh6gxR6
Saved game with everything unlocked or whatever: mediafire.com/download/3qmzt3ok3p47xqw/TakeTHATsociety.profje

>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/

>Video of the thread
youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7IbACQVcI

>Latest Patch Notes (June 29 / v1.0.2)
steamcommunity.com/games/381210/announcements/detail/951765661114719944

>Latest Hot Fix Notes (June 30 / v1.0.2d)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415738213931163/

>Report hackers
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206087328621/

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358416640404501574/
youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7IbACQVcI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Killing all of Meg's friends!
Taking her to the basement!
Letting her wiggle free, but she can't get out because there are four bear traps on the stairs!

New tip,
Type random shit in chat before a game starts. If it takes a few seconds to show up then the killer is a lag fucker.

Where did the ! meme come from

>always the last left alive
>always still 2-3 gennies

Why are there so many shitters?

>1 or 2 people always dumb enough to get hooked right at the start
>remaining people somehow are so shit they get caught, but without doing any/many gens themselves

Could somebody post the screenshots showing the difference that the Shadowborn perk makes with FOV?

Holy shit, I just played with a good Dwight. He saved two people, didn't blow a gen and didn't even LOOK at a closet. What the fuck?

The moment it becomes clear your team are idiots you should rush two generators to completion and start looking for the hatch.

I know lore for this game is silly (two of the killers have the worst reasons for becoming killers), but does anyone else think that this shit isn't even real? It would explain why there are multiples, and the whole thing seems as it it's taking the survivors consciousness/soul while they still exist in the real world.

>I find somebody spinning in place at the door
>I think they're trolling, then realize they're stuck
>manage to push them out and I get stuck instead

Fucking hell. At least I managed to trick the killer into getting stuck here too.

It's extremely common to get stuck in that spot. Always avoid the right side of the "entrance" to a hill.

Best post in the thread

My next shot of slovovitz goes to brother

>always thought the survival icon was a middle finger
>IT ISN'T

>Rank 3 Whispers

Is this even any good

>Be me
>Playing survivor
>Two clowns die
>We get the gens down to 1
>think I'll get to the last one
>SURPRISE IT'S PHILLIP OJOMO
>Giant bing bonging African smacks me
>go down
>He fucks off to ooga booga the last dude who gets fucked
>i crawl and manage to find the hatch
>retard decides to struggle
>i'm literally on the hatch hoping he dies
>Wraith finds me
>grabs me and hooks me
>other guy finally dies
>i get free
>Ojomo smacks me
>die
>barely get the PIP

Fuck you you retarded Jake just take the death

>Billy killer round
>Last one alive, two generators left, desperately hunting for a trap door
>Try to be cheeky and go for a generator, Billy downs me
>Picks me up, brings me to the trap door and drops me
>revs his chainsaw and I escape

why

>Let a Jake pop a generator, loot a treasure box and leave via the hatch because I was so upset that a Dwight tossed a pallet between him and Jake

I don't think the Dwight did it on purpose

But fuck you Dwight

It's not entirely worthless but it's a low-tier perk.

I have rank 2 of it on trapper. Its neat on long maps , but most of the time not very informative.

I like it because it tells me to fuck off when I check certain sides of the map. But yeah it's not very good.

DAILY REMINDER

Why the bizarre run?

>Survivor match in autohaven
>Hear chainsaw the second camera stops panning
>Look around
>GRAWGHLFUCK hit with chainsaw immediately
>Picked up and placed on hook directly beside me
I was so shocked I couldn't even hit alt-F10 in time to capture it

Why not? He got his pip. Maybe you impressed him.

You're in the club and this guy uncloaks and smacks your gf's ass. What do?

Huh, maybe that was me. I usually let last person go if I had a fun time/last person did some amazing plays. Once I let lvl1 Jake go because I felt bad for him. Dude couldn't even repair a generator for a good minute because of constant skill check failures.

Dwight away.

Start repairing generators furiously while my gf is kiting Wraith in the next room. I mean, she is kiting him real good there and is comming back, right?

...right?

>Play killer
>Straight up kill three survivors before they even turn on the second generator
>Dwight is hiding in the locker as usual as I kill his friend, take him too, and catch the last guy shortly later
>2 minutes of nothing
>The last Jake just runs up to me as an attempt at a peace treaty

I let him have it because I felt bad for the guy. Super unlucky.

hacker dwight

Oh, I do that, but more often than not I'm unable to find the hatch before I get found.

>yfw 2+ offerings are put in that help the Killer

How are people this retarded?

I like a challenge user.

What, make less fog and more moonlight? >Don't forget to add "send to farm" where bright moonlight makes Dwight go nighty night.

Yep, exactly. People just see "oh I have an offering to use!" and don't think about its effects. Which makes me wonder, why can survivors get those offerings?

Man, every Killer I find is bloodthirsty and doesn't accept my peace treaties. I still don't d/c, if my team are that retarded I feel like the Killer deserves the points. It balances out the shitty games filled with toolboxes and medkits for them, at least.

How do you guys rank up as Survivors?

Every time I make it to 19 I just go on a sacrifice streak, I dunno how people can just escape six rounds in a row.

git gud and/or savescum

With less fog you can see the killer's silhouette from a long way away, and with bright moonlight you can see him from across the map. Makes it stupid easy to avoid him, but really the difference it makes for him is negligible. Regardless of fog/moon, survivors are still the same colors/shapes as their surroundings they hide in.

trapper is so fucking useless holy shit

worst killer by far
easiest to beat and worst to play as

>It's a killer has a 100km fear radius episode
>The killer is a hillbilly revving chainsaw nonstop
If you want a way to slow down survivors this is it.

Feels pretty good desu.

Fog makes it far easier to hide, no way. Killers can still see people crouching in grass if they open their eyes, thicker fog makes it that much harder though.

Distressing is good on hillbillo?

I'm level 15 and still rank 20, I have no clue what getting good is at this game, I just keep getting bodied by the killers first.

I even got that badass perk that lets me instantly sprint 150% more, still losing.

play like a solo player for the most part until you get the good perks, learn how to hide well

From a survivor point of view the hillbilly can be on the other side of the map revving the chainsaw and you will hear the heartbeats and not be able to tell how close he is. It can be really stressful to try to turn on the generators with the heartbeats and not knowing if the killer is getting close or he's far away chasing somebody, and you can't be sure if you should hide or move away.

It isn't real. The survivors have all been lured/trapped in a sort of pocket dimension where the entity can manifest albeit very slowly. The whole game of survivors trying to power generators and escape while being hunted is a trial set up by the entity so that it can farm their hope, which it feeds on.

>play cautiously
>hiding real well
>doing 1-3 gens a match, surviving most of the time
>and getting shit all for BP
This points system sucks ass.

Would you rather:

Option A - Keep the Trapper beartrap system as it is
Option B - Have the ability to set traps infinitely, but with longer setting time and cooldown

Would option B make the trapper too good?

Option C - Trap disarm/sabotage prompts have small skill check zones when upon failing, your arm gets caught in the trap.

>huehues

steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358416640404501574/

Option B seems like a way to balance out saboteur(if it stays in the same state), however it could result in trap minefields which would look silly.

How does it work?
Does it give you a visual cue when an survivor is nearby like Spies from the Shadows?

well if you're going for max points you kinda have to risk dying through boldness/altruism, sorry famalam

>join a lobby
>one rank 12, rest of us rank 20s
>rank 12 is complaining about that fact
>"don't be noobs"
>tell him rank doesn't mean shit
>match starts
>someone goes down almost immediately
>who is it? you guessed it
>gets dragged down to the basement
>miraculously rescued
>fails to properly escape and gets rehooked
>d/cs

Wow, yeah, what was that about not being a noob? Jesus christ, this ranking system and the fact that d/cs can help you not derank brings out the worst idiots.

If you have highlighted perk icon then survivor is in perk's working range. If there is no icon of whispers, area around you is 100% clean. It still confuses me if hooked and downed people count towards it.

high ranks are cunts who knew?

Exactly, that's why it's such a stupid system. Play too well and you get shit on for it. If your whole group survives with minimal Killer interaction, max stealth and smarts, you can barely make 10K points for the pip and it'll just take you longer to level.

>play trapper
>farm
>farm
>farm

nice, thanks, you fucking piece of shit

like trapper isn't shitty enough already

I like all these Wraith players coming out of the woodwork to say that Trapper is shit now that they've found out about Saboteur which Trapper players have been dealing with for awhile now

>that one farm map with no buildings and a crops everywhere
>go from generator to generator, none have been worked on
>remember that the entire survivor team consisted of jakes
>wait, that means...
>see scratch marks
>catch one, no hooks anywhere
>of course
>basement a bit too far and he wiggles out and runs
>catch him again and hook him
>the others rush to save him
>bing bong behind them and hook 3 of them on the basement, but not before letting them free the hooked survivor, bing bonging left and right for points
>the last one escapes but too bad, hatch is closed
>smacked him and left him to bleed out
Next time try to work on the generators instead of heading all to meme my hooks you fags.

saboteur is not even the problem, retard wiggums

it's fucking trap laying and how they just suck up your time while being useless most of the time because they can be seen and there are perks to counter them and a survivor must might not step on them at all despite being near objectives so it's pure luck

trapper is beaten by any farm map and a couple of perks, what a useless killer

and I just played on farm yet again but with wraith this time - all sacrificed and an easy 17k without any kind of farming, they were very eager to try and save people while I was observing from a distance or already hooking another

or you could just use iron grasp like everyone else since not only does it let you carry them to the rape basement hook, you can take your time and pick a more strategic hooking spot if hooks remain on the map

>having an ok game 2 killed 1 escaped
>suddenly survivors keep joining my ongoing game
>hit 8 survivors game crashes
>lose a pip
why is this allowed

So what you're saying is: don't rank up as killer because if you do, there are perks you cant do anything about until you luck into the mandatory counter perk. This is bad user. I don't know why you can not see why this is bad.

ok I just saw serious bullshit magic speedboost or something fishy as shit

I was already facing the basement while dragging a survivor there on my shoulder and one of them had just sneaked behind me while I was picking up the one on my shoulder

but they were nowhere in the basement when I got there but it was in my view the moment I heard and saw the escape bang, there was no way they could have ran up the stairs without me noticing it.. just what the fuck, I even had no escape ready for them but that was absolute bullshit it's like they got out of the basement within 1 seconds flat after helping one of the hook

I got over 10k but that was some weird shit even with sprint burst since I saw fucking nothing come out

>playing Wraith
>high rank survivors join in
>herewego.jpg
>find a meg sabotaging my hook right off the bat.
>fine, whatever. down her and hook her and continue on as normal
>fine meg2 and jake co-oping a gennie during my work on meg
>"oh shit! I'm actually gonna get to play this game! YES!"
>they scatter, i choose the meg as my target, chase
>she goes to the infinite juke house immediately.

aaaand we're done. If you do this, I have decided that you want to spend the rest of the game here. and you will. Because I am not leaving. You will spend however long we both sit in this game trying to inifitely juke, and you will watch the entire rest of your team leave and move on with their lives, while you sit here trying not to fuck up so I can kill you.

they either fuck up, or just give up when they realize I am NOT kidding around with the never ending chase. I did it for 10 minutes with one asshole

no I am saying that you should just fucking use one of the best killer perks (which needs a nerf) because it's good with or without saboteur in play, you obtuse cunt

and if you don't have it, you're just SOL

just savescum if you have bad luck with the web

>just cheat instead of asking for balance

kys

it's not really cheating, wiggums

>game starts as 3v1
>your last survivor toy doesn't cooperate
>instead of struggling free for the third time they quit
>tfw

at least I got 13k points but still

>takes forever to find players when I host as Killer
>all four of them got away

i hate living

Don't play trapper and don't play against broken game mechanics abusing high ranks.

I could have left the last remaining survivor alive because they were low rank and low level and at least tried to help his survivor buddies. But he was a Dwight player so he received no mercy and was hooked instead.

I don't understand how to play Killer.
People tell me camping is bad but every time I leave them on the hook and search for others they just come off, and 3-4 of them end up escaping, so?

>start a match
>one guy's dropped out on the loading screen
>another guy gets nabbed as I finish a genny
>head over to check it out, the other survivor's there too
>proceed to Benny Hill the shit out of this Hillbilly
>each of us spend time on the hook
>one guy ends up dying
>other guy proceeds straight to a gen, gets caught
>swoop in as the Hillbilly carries him off
>finish his gen as I just watch him die
>hatch was right fucking next to it

Holy shit, gitting gud has never felt better.

You get a shitload of points if you hook and rehook and chase them over and over, them escaping is not a bad thing

Camping the hook is bad especially against competent survivors. They will light up generators like christmas trees and destroy hooks for points if they know that you just camp. You want to move away from the hook and patrol the area near it so if someone does get them off the hook you can either down one of them again or both. Every time you chase, smack them and hook them it's more points for you.

spooky

if you do that repeatedly without spending any time on the hook then you're gittin gud

Camping is bad because of map control. You need to be stalking the shit out of a map and denying people the ability to spend too long on a gen. If you can even get people to fudge a skill check as they hear the heartbeats increasing and panic, all the better.

Don't worry about people being saved, any time on the hook counts (when you find and rehook them, they'll go straight into the struggle phase, or even death), and you actually want to share the bloodshed around. An injured survivor will cry and gasp out, and will keep fidgeting, making it impossible for them to really hide. Plus, you get tons of points for chasing and rehooking people, not much for camping.

It was pretty impossible to not be put on the hook, it was a hook on one of those bare hills, and the Hillbilly was camping it hard. I'm just surprised we did manage to rescue each other that many times.

So after infinite jukes are gone, what's next on our shitlist? The countless bugs?

whining about hook camping is the true mark of a shitter

these "people" are below infinijukers

autism

wow this is nice

I keep getting low rank survivors with low levels in my lobbies

I killed three survivors and got deranked...

Like what the fuck else do they want me to do, pick them up and let them get up? That's so frustrating.

>again a 3v1
>last survivor doesn't get it when I let them wiggle free out of iron grasp lv3
>three fucking times
>while I hit a generator
>each time they just run
>fourth time when I down them (because they won't stop trying to run away) they just ragequit which takes away whatever pips they had

JUST FIX THE FUCKING GENERATOR I KNOW YOU ARE LACKING POINTS I AM DOING THIS FOR YOUR BENEFIT MORE THAN MINE BECAUSE I GOT OVER THE 10K LIMIT JUST FOR CHASING YOU AROUND

>got my first four survivor kills with Hillbilly on that cornfield map

found my main lads

good luck doing that on any other map

>be me
>get into group as survivor
>one survivor leaves before game can load
>just three survivors vs. killer
>early on, the killer finds me repairing a generator
>I just stand there and accept my fate
>he see my desperation and backs off
>throughout the rest of the game, he catches and sacrifices the two other players
>whenever he sees me, I just stop like a deer in red headlights and he avoids me
>just watches me repair the generators until only one is left
>since he's the invisible dude, he just rings his bell to get my attention
>he leads me to the escape hatch
>I escape
this game is fun sometimes.

are you guys in a discord or something? I hate playing with randos.

>Video of the thread
>youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7IbACQVcI

Maybe try actually swapping that out instead of copypasting it two times in a row.

What do you guys do when there's no hooks around you, you don't have Iron grasp, and you downed one or two survivors by the exit gate?

I try picking them up and bringing them as far away from the exit as possible until they bleed out. It's really hard when there's two people you have to stop, once eventually wiggles off and gets away.

Fuck it I'm gonna equip No one escapes death since you niggers don't know how to leave when have the gate open.

this is another reason why you need iron grasp

ded thred

Just got this game and I'm having a really hard time finding generators and juking the killer.
Is there a resource I can use to better understand the map? Would anyone mind giving a few tips?
Doesn't feel good weighing down my teammates like this.

And? If you're going to bump a thread, at least post a reddit dwight pun.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only Dwight can do that.

>Dwight shitter tries to be slick and curve a prop corner while I'm revving the chainsaw
>Have a moderate steering add-on for Hillbilly

DEJA VU

AROUND DWIGHT