Reenactor thread

Reenactor thread.
Grossdeutschland Aufklarungs reporting in.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xDgsmSnWVF0[/spoiler]
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I do SS.
Pic related, me.

holy underage

>SS uniform
>Heer belt buckle.
Did you just buy random stuff in a miltaria store?

itt: 300lb gebirgsjagers.

That looks awful, why do a lot of re-enactors not put a bit of wear and tear into their uniforms?
Also way to pick a special snowflake might-as-well-not-have-been-issued weapon there.

>ywn pound underage Nazi boipussi

[spoiler]youtube.com/watch?v=xDgsmSnWVF0[/spoiler]

[spoiler]turned me off reenacting for good[/spoiler]

This makes me wonder, are there people who do this shit for a living?

Some sweat the details more than others.

Enthusiasm is good, but also a willingness to research, and listen to advice from more experienced re-enactors.

I was a fletcher at the Clontarf Millennium event in Ireland two years ago

A gigantic Slavic man was trying to put on a weapons demo but couldn't find any other fighters to help him out, so he went around asking the living history crowd if any of them had martial arts experience. I had done HEMA for like six months a while back so I said yes and went to do a bout with him

I didn't have any armor on but since all the combat guys were wearing armor he was going full contact. Plus I was a bit rusty in terms of HEMA and I was queasy from making the rounds at the food stalls.

We starred for a bit, I missed a parry, and he walloped me in the stomach with his axe, whereupon I fell to the ground and threw up everywhere

I was in the hospital for two days

As the ambulance guys were carting me away all I could hear was "OH MEH GOD, EHM SO ZORRY MY FREHND, SO ZORRY"

Großdeutschland wasn't part of Waffen SS.

How did the audience react?

5/60th Rifles reporting

There was like a collective gasp when I got hit, dead silence when I threw up, and general murmuring when I stopped heaving and keeled over. One of the kids laughed a little but his parents told him to shut up.

Ah man, sorry about that. Sort of sounds like a scene from a film lol.

From an event at a museum earlier this month

>Feed me Jews.

>itt: 300lb burgerjagers.

Ftfy

>file name

Waffle-SS Einsatzsnacken.

You need to dirty up your kit instead of making it look like you just bought it from a nice store.

Also thinking of joining an American Civil War artillery unit here in NC because I think cannon are cool and it also wouldn't be as expensive. Don't know though since I won't be able to attend many events.

Kinda douche , going full contact without any armor.
I'm sorry for you user

Artillery will be just as expensive as an infantry impression, if you're not being a FARBy fuck that is.

>no revolutionary war reenactment

>work in archaeology in SE virginia
>working on the site of the French encampment at Yorktown for the next 2 weeks
>Get to go to the visitors center around the corner every day for lunch and listen to them shoot the cannon

Shit is nice.

Someone post the estonian reenactor guy from /int/

I've read around that most of the money is in a firearm which I can't afford at the moment. Just need clothing plus additional equipment. The group already has the cannon equipment.

Luftwaffle in the middle as well.

>mfw I have alot of tattoos on my arms
>mfw I recently got interested in Dark Age reenactment
>mfw I have to constantly cover them up if I'd go through with it

Just wear a long sleved tunic user

Don't be an artillery reenactor. Them and the Cav always act like their shit don't stink and farb it up. I've seen an arty camp, they don't even try to hide their modern coolers and always have at least 2-3 tents each for themselves. Plus all arty guys are 300+ lbs.

t. Infantry reenactor

Could be one of those quickly thrown-together Volksturm outfits they used to wear in 1945

Almost everybody has loan gear to give. I joined year ago and still don't have my own rifle. Start with a uniform and some basic equipment (if you have never reenacted before, have someone experienced in your unit walk you through it so you don't farb it up). Nobody buys anything all at once, just pick up a few things at a time. Start with shoes, those are critical.

Most people don't care about tats desu. Just do your best to hide them, don't be the asshole who shows off his tats.

Holy mismatching uniform batman! This is why you never let new guys shop by themselves.

He does SS though, that's unacceptable.

Plus much higher chance of blowing your hand off. Seen too many arty re-enactors ramming with closed hand instead of open palm (insert masturbation jokes here).

I have them on hands/neck/face.

>tfw can only reenact a sailor or a penal battalion

>face tats

How's unemployment treating you?

The Volksturm was partly equipped with old Waffen-SS gear

Nice to see fellow Prussia enhusiast. I also like Division GroBgermaniums.

Beaner brigade

Read his post dude

>I do SS.

What the hell is that supposed to be?

>There are barely any Roman reenactment groups near me let alone in the US
>Feelsbadman
I dont know if its because im in New Jersey or what

it's a repro of a supposed German Shoulder-fired AA weapon. there might be some evidence that a few of them were employed during the Fall of Berlin at war's end. don't have the details to hand currently.

>your parents never named you after axis heroes
why even live?

Ivan just wanted to show everyone the glory of hand to hand.

Anyways, good sport for helping him out.