forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?topic=19022.0
forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,20422.0.html

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/index.php/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Get your all seeing eye here:
mwomercs.com/cyclops

Play Snake on your SamsungEproduct of choice today:
mwomercs.com/viper

Light up the Night:
mwomercs.com/night-gyr

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwomercs.com/forums/topic/231812-sword-league-vs-the-konglords-match-reschedule/
cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/video-game-robot-honours-5-year-old-cancer-victim-1.1302337
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>inb4 the event is extended another 4 days

>there are people who can stomach playing FW enough to complete the event

Why are these threads so dead
I find matches instantly

Too much shitposting and kong drama, I imagine.

Is the Ice Ferret any good?

Yes and so is the LBX cent

The highest skill tournament wiped out the core players.

Without the core players, there are no jovian bodies to orbit. Without a fixed orbit, there can be no faggot gravity.

Without faggot gravity, there's no reason to play MWO, because the game is incredibly unfun when you're playing alone.

The last batch of patches have been an escalating set of disasters. PGI seems intent on making the game as unplayable as possible. Even the latest grab deals are terrible.

Is LBX Centurion some kind of meme? I just started playing like two days ago.

so am I correctly under the impression that we have a game tonight?

>The last batch of patches have been an escalating set of disasters.
The latest patch actually had a lot of reasonable balance changes. There was some wierd shit like the locust and they still neglect to fix a lot of bad mechs like the clan mechs that are currently crippled by locked equipment, but atleast they tried.

Now ghost heat 2.0, that will be the real shitshow.

yes

mwomercs.com/forums/topic/231812-sword-league-vs-the-konglords-match-reschedule/

Allegedly, there is a game tonight, which may or may not happen, due to it being the date that it is, sword league not being able to get the guys for any match ever, and no one giving a fuck about robots.

I personally will be out doing barely legal substanaces and swimming, but assuming I'm not too wasted, and I get back in time, I'll join in on the anti-fun.

>The highest skill tournament wiped out the core players.
how'd that happen?

sweet, thanks. So we have a game at 9PM EST tonight. coincidentally tuesday night is also FIGHT NIGHT or whatever in the MRBC comms channel so maybe we can also knock out a couple other games if we get lucky.

Imagine the worst thing in the world, but multiplied by PGI.

Like 45 teams out of the initial 150~ have dropped out, and we're barely a month in now. They wanted this thing to go on until december. 11k games! Scheduled matches only between 4 to 6 pm on family day and busy work days! For our game primarily played by 30 something year old working men.

One map only. 12 people per team max. You cannot recruit new players or even replace washed out ones with vetted players from collapsed teams. Sit there and wait for 5 hours so you can play ONE 5 minute match, ONCE a day, but it'll get rescheduled because neither team can get the 8 men minimum required to play.

More matches are won by forfeit than actually played.

jesus christ

repostan

I just realized PGI has totally painted themselves into a corner with the Kodiak. They can't nerf them yet or it'll make grabdealers mad, but that's making negro sphere mad, and once it's out for MC/cbills and they nerf it people will call P2W.

And the most retarded part about all this is that Kodiak is finally the kind of actual powerhouse you're supposed to expect from a clan assault mech, and people are crying now because they're used to assaults in MWO being crippled freefood.

>assaults in MWO being crippled freefood.

which exactly? the kodiak is just good because it can drop 40 damage into your CT before you even know what hit you, it's like a pre-nerf gauss boat with more damage and less precision.

>assaults like BNC 3M

totally not freefood or crippled

There are some exceptions, but there are so many assaults that are absolutely terrible for the tonnage. It's at the point where an assault mech has to have totally broken quirks and/or hardpoints to compete with the good heavies.

ded

>Dire Wolf, arguably the slowest mech in the game
>can't do anything about it
>is nowadays referred to as an easy or free kill, considered simple to dispose unless it gets the drop on you
>Doesn't get mobility quirks
>kodiaks get +35% accel and decel as well as 25% turn rate quirks (not on pure energy vomit 'cuz PGI logic states if you can fire more than 8 lasers, you're OP if you're clan, balanced if you're IS).
>nigger spheroids bitch that kodiaks running the age old dire whale builds are overpowered

>PGI logic states if you can fire more than 8 lasers, you're OP if you're clan, balanced if you're IS

probably because clan lasers do more damage than IS lasers and have longer range

please explain

>clan double heatsinks dissipate heat at a rate only 7% faster than IS double heatsinks
>IS double heatsinks provide 34% more heat capacity than clan double heatsinks
>clan lasers generate 2-3 more heat per laser fired
>IS mechs are generally loaded with enough structure quirks to allow them to absorb several clan lasers worth of damage for no drawback whatsoever
>clan laser range deemed a problem, reduced to 10-20% greater than IS ones (ranges which they can reach if they have quirks and modules equipped)
>clans can fire this "longer range" laser alpha strike once, maybe twice if the target is far enough away to permit enough time to cool off
>IS can pump out an equal or at least roughly equivalent strike at least twice, sometimes thrice or even four times before forced to cool off.

>all these pointless words

the truth is that clan alphas are higher, period

this is why you can't do the thing you said earlier

The CN9-D has massive LBX quirks
However, the LBX is still a shit weapon because it spreads damage all over as a shotgun

Dashing proclaims it's the shit regardless

What does all this have to do with the Ice Ferret?

They also have longer burn time, stricter ghost heat limits and NO quirks lowering cooldown/heatgen/burntime. On top of that clan dubs have way worse heat capacity and get fucked over worse on hot maps.

Clan alphas are higher, but the damage WILL get spread out more unless the target is just nicely standing still, and they can shit out less alphas in a row because of lower heat capacity and the heat generation quirks on IS laserboats.

It's also a meme by the other dashing named harabec

Yes, all those downsides exist to counter the fact that clan lasers have absurdly higher damage and range. It's fine. I don't know if you played when clams came out but IS mechs were unquirked then and it was a fucking slaughter, they stood NO chance of winning. As it stands right now things are pretty fairly balanced, IS and clams both have plenty of OP mechs and shitmechs and the weapons are decently balanced with the exception of a few standouts like the IS AC/10 and clan standard ballistics.

>absurdly higher damage
>2 more points of damage for 2-3 more points of heat

Single points of damage make a huge difference when you're talking about weapons that deal at most 13. A clan laserboat firing 3 ERLPL does 36 fucking damage at SIX HUNDRED METERS in 1.1 seconds for 30 heat. To get the equivalent damage and range on an IS laserboat you'd need to use 4 ERLLs, which actually have a 1.25 duration and would put you at 32 heat. This is without quirks of course, which do make the difference less egregious. But that's the point.

Seriously, if you think clams are weak then you're fucking insane, PGI had to redesign the ENTIRE retinue of IS mechs just to make them compete with default clan equipment.

>This is without quirks of course
Exactly, and in non-shitmech IS mechs that are used as laserboats do have quite significant quirks. In practice the IS weapons don't actually have the stats they have on paper, because the correct weapons are often paired up with the correct quirks to make them noticeably better than the base stats would imply.

And you're still ignoring the huge difference between heat capacities which combined with heat generation and cooldown quirks lets the IS mech burst more alphas before having to cool off.

Difference between clan laser vomit alpha and IS laser vomit alpha is that the clan one, with a 54 damage, 461 meter range alpha trike can put it out twice before shutting down for a total of 108 damage. An overquirked IS mech on the other hand can pump out a 53 damage, 324 meter range alpha strike thrice in a row before shutting down, for a total of 159 damage.

Add to this that IS are the ones with hitpoint increases and not the clans.

Today I will remind them.

If you guys honestly think clams are weak then please, by all means, stop playing them. The truth is that they're actually well balanced against IS now for the first time in fucking ages though. Autistically arguing about this is a waste of time so I'm going to stop in any case.

>he truth is that they're actually well balanced against IS now for the first time in fucking ages though
The thing that started this argument was the laserboat Kodiaks getting shafted in quirks and the other ones getting quirks for piggy reasons (hurf durf clan laserboat with no energy quirks 2stronk). It's pretty clear the Kodiak 1 and 5 not having equal quirks with the rest of the variants makes no sense.

Only SPECIFIC top-of-the-pile clan mechs are what you consider balanced against IS. Namely the Timber Wolf, Ebon Jaguar, Arctic cheetah, Jenner IIC, Hunchback IIC, Nova and Stormcrow.

The rest are varying degrees of underpowered. Either due to locked equipment, lack of hardpoints or simply the chassis' poor design philosophy.

Nobody considers Summoners to be intimidating. They're annoying, sure, and hard to kill, agreed, but not intimidating. Hellbringers and to an extent the Ebon Jaguars are slowly sliding down the pole of relevancy due to PGI coming out with more and more hardpoint inflated inner sphere mechs that not only match the firepower potential as these weakly armoured by heavily armed clan mechs, but PGI also goes completely against their previous philosophy for quirks by SATURATING these chassis' with survivability and mobility quirks that allow them to outperform the supposedly mobile clan mechs as well as match their firepower, while still retaining that inner sphere edge of toughness.

Few even register the Gargoyle, Warhawk, Ice Ferret, Adder or Kit Fox to be in existence. Executioners used to have a special place for being a heavy in an assaults armour plating, but now their humongous size has made disposal of them rather trivial.

PGI is hopelessly scatterbrained and grasping for every loose penny they can swindle out of the playerbase at the cost of their own games future with these haphazard balancing decisions.

>Executioner
It's the prime example of a clan mech getting fucked over hardcore by locked equipment. Let's sum all that up.
>locked MASC, 4 crit slots 4 tons
>locked random heat sink in the RT which cripples the ballistic RT omnipod big time
>locked class I jumpjets, four of them
>that's right, four critical slots and EIGHT tons of useless fucking jump jets locked in the chassis

>Archer out for C-bills today
>2 out of the 3 variants almost cost 10 million

>being poor

>new shitmech about to release.
>still haven't mastered the phallus hawks.
>still didn't get the butterbee.

If only the game wasn't less stable than gamebryo titles. If only it was fun to play. If only the bigmans hadn't been destroyed by the tournament.

If only more people would grab deal fighting games so we can escape this prison.

>If only it was fun to play.
b-but it is!
and the viper is a cute mech

>using the "target spotted" chat wheel so I get the little marker on the map
>LRM boat mouth breather types in chat
>don't just SAY you spotted him, tell us where!

>Implying poor
>Implying I even want that piece of shit robot

>current job suddenly giving me less hours
>haven't played megamek in a week
>don't even feel like touching MWO
>still slightly paranoid about my computer
This has been a pretty shitty summer so far tbqh

Let's get dangerous.

>shitty computer
>not poor

lol.

You don't need the butterbee. It's not even the best catapult.

kek

But I've had all this founders MC sitting in my account since 2012. There's finally something I want to spend it on.

>>Executioner
>It's the prime example of a clan mech getting fucked over hardcore by locked equipment.

Actually, it's a prime example of a mech being fucked over by shitty assault jumpjets.

Attention Konglords

We have a match in 4 hours. We will need all hands on deck. This is not a drill.

k. keep me posted

Don't forget that the jets are doubly bad because Paul decided big jump jets were the suck, hence turned into Hoverjets (TM).

Even if the JJs were good, what more could it do with them? If you could remove them freely that would be 4 crits and 8 tons worth more weapons and heatsinks. Also that one locked heat sink is absolutely retarded, there's no justification for it.

What do you mean what would good jjs do? Good jjs would give the Exec the mobility of a fast medium. Reach any point of the map. Drop down behind enemies. Poptart. Surprise shadowcats in some high ledge. All the things that an Executioner should do but struggles to do well due to how shit the jjs are.

This. Paul killed the whole reason for jump jets- mobility - in his scorched-earth methods of "fixing" poptarting.

All it'd have taken is "if you're in midair, your aim is fucked up whether jump jets are on or not.".

It's the gift that keeps on giving. Thank you CBC news.

cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/video-game-robot-honours-5-year-old-cancer-victim-1.1302337

>postin 3 year old news

what did he mean by this?

It's a trip to the past.

It was a disgusting PR stunt masterminded by Niko. The instant they finished the donation drive everybody started using the dead girl as a battering ram, and Matt Newman made his infamous crying Newman face that has been made to print memes since.

Sarah is largely a taboo subject on the goldforums and ribbit, and whenever it's brought up, it's always in the interest of selling pokémechs.

Oh, is this the whole "lets bring the Sarah's Jenner Sale back" meme?

>“Again I can never thank all of you enough for all the time and effort you at MWO have provided. It has helped a lot knowing that people out there legitimately care.”

knowing what I know now, this is the funniest lines I've heard

It's extra two-faced in hindsight, because while they were gathering money to salvage their image, they were also neglecting MWO development due to not knowing if they would have the license past 2013, and Bryan was scheming on his trannyverse project since about halfway into 2013.

what about when he's dead?

It's like the game drained his life force.

I updated it with more funny Bryan midlife crisis pictures.

Is that May 2016 for real? I don't believe it.

Yeah, it's on his twitter or the goldforums somewhere. I apparently saved it in early june this year, so it can't be that old.

Fuck knows why he even stays at PGI.

>they were also neglecting MWO development due to not knowing if they would have the license past 2013
And it'll just get worse if the license goes back to Microshit. I'll take minimally viable robots over W10 exclusive shovelware any day.

JUST

>Fuck knows why he even stays at PGI.

Easy paycheck and he gets to have a title to boss people around or exercise his "creative vision".

But how can he excercise something he doesn't have?

That's good fighting spirit. Good luck Kong.