Etrian Odyssey General

>EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS

>EOV Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
jii.moe/Vkg7ZHvGW.7z (Famitsu scans)

>EOV color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/

Previous thread:

It appears that dungeon is not torever.

I have a few questions. Playing Etrian Odyssey 1: Untold.

Am I supposed to avoid these boulder boars always? They're tough and do crazy damage.

Is the game meant to be this grindy? Feels like I have to spend ages crushing small enemies before I can move on to fight the FOEs or the bosses, they just do so much damage, even with the Front Guard activated.

I'm having issues with TP, as I have to just spam normal attacks in encounters until the picnic knight allows me to eat with him again to restore the TP that I use on FOEs and healing in general. Is this normal?

Also, I'm having issues with money, it seems buying new equipment depletes like 1/3 of my money every time, is this normal?

Also I noticed the inn became more expensive(40en->55en). Is this also normal?

>Am I supposed to avoid these boulder boars always? They're tough and do crazy damage.

You are not supposed to take out FOEs the moment you see them. Take a look in their aura over the map to have a gauge of their level (Blue = Same or lower level than you, Yellow = Slightly higher than you, Red = It will steamroll you)

>Is the game meant to be this grindy? Feels like I have to spend ages crushing small enemies before I can move on to fight the FOEs or the bosses, they just do so much damage, even with the Front Guard activated.

The only grind you would ever need is from random encounters after mapping the whole dungeon. The game gets easier when you unlock more skills.

>Also, I'm having issues with money, it seems buying new equipment depletes like 1/3 of my money every time, is this normal?

Forage if you need money.

>Also I noticed the inn became more expensive(40en->55en). Is this also normal?

Based on your party level. The higher they are, the pricier it gets.

if i remember right, boulder boars are weak to elemental attacks and resist physical. though like any FOE they're going to be tough to beat if you're just encountering them

not really grindy per se, but as long as you don't constantly run away from battles you should be leveling up just fine. FOEs are like minibosses, you shouldn't be strong enough to fight them on your first encounter

TP cost depends on how many skill points you've invested in your related skill. generally it's a bad idea to indulge to the point where you can't keep up with the cost while exploring. especially at early game where you can't restore TP that easily without returning to town

kill shit, take stuff from gathering points, sell it

based on your highest level character (level 8 x 5 = 40 en, etc)

>You are not supposed to take out FOEs the moment you see them. Take a look in their aura over the map to have a gauge of their level (Blue = Same or lower level than you, Yellow = Slightly higher than you, Red = It will steamroll you)

Ah, ok, it seems yellow at the moment but the issue is having to run from the ones I walk past every time. I haven't died yet but I just wondered if I was doing something wrong.

>The only grind you would ever need is from random encounters after mapping the whole dungeon. The game gets easier when you unlock more skills.

My issue is that I'm always out of TP after using these skills and have to run back and forth, and it feels like these skills aren't doing much damage at all, only like 75 for a level 2 volt formula on an enemy with >1300 health for example

>Forage if you need money.

I can only do that once an ingame day per point, and have no idea how to progress ingame time apart from through encounters.

>Based on your party level. The higher they are, the pricier it gets.

that makes sense, thanks

So, the game is harder towards the beginning than the end? That's kinda messed up considering people might quit early on more often and miss out on a lot of good stuff the game has. I'm not the user you responded to, but I'm kinda in the same situation with EO4. Love the exploration and the ambience, but can't quite deal with enemies appropriately. Also, in anticipation of EO5, should I purchase Untold 1, 2 or both?

things are harder at the beginning because of limited resources and it's easy to run out of TP. once you start progressing and your team gets their shit together it gets a lot more manageable.

both untolds are pretty good, i'd say go for it if you like the series

How do I progress time faster in EO1:U without spending all my money at the inn ?

If only i could find physical copies of the EOU games here. Isn't there something with the 3ds that restricts the amount of digital games you can have?

Also, it seems that us Europeans get the short end of the stick when it comes to these games.

>Isn't there something with the 3ds that restricts the amount of digital games you can have?

not that i know of. as long as you have enough space on your sd card

>Also, it seems that us Europeans get the short end of the stick when it comes to these games.

pretty much yeah

Walk a lot. Near the entrance of B1F there are no encounters (or the rate is extremely low) so you should be fine.

Ah, ok, thanks. I figured it was something to do with that but was getting frustrated with having to spam auto fight for ages and go through all the encounters, I'll try that

EO1:U guy again, should I invest in the "mine" etc skills? Or should I just focus on mastery early game?

Foraging skill is a waste of a slot in newer games. Usually you should go for passive skills (to increase the effect while keeping your TP cost low) and prerequisites (to open up new skills)

Gathering party

>rest of my team are incredibly SP starved
>literally don't know what to skill up for my D/NS so I'm just putting points into stupid shit like auto cloak
fuckkk I knew it was a mistake not using an imperial.

But I wanted the ebin sword dance link followups so bad

Ah, ok, thanks. I've tried to mix some passives with some actives, but I have a few skills I'm aiming for. I've seen people recommend Spear Assist online for my Highlander, why is it so good? Seems to have a high TP cost

I might make one of those for when I can recruit more people to my guild but I'm on B3F at the moment, and I am slowly making my way towards Fenrir

High damage, gets follow up element and is a good filler move while waiting for Delayed Charge/Cross Charge

Some of these early game gathering quests are irritating, they're asking me to gather 3 tiny petals from 2 points which I can only gather from once per day, and 1 of this ore from 2 mining points which for me is just not dropping for the 4th day of mining these points in a row.

Ah, ok, thanks. I assume the Delayed Charge/Cross Charge combo is very strong, then?

yeah I can't find the exact values for EOU, but in EO2U a CC/DC combo does 1120% base damage at max rank assuming DC charges for the full duration

They should've given you a gathering Grimoire with one point in everything, use that, as it'll give you another chance of getting stuff, it also gives you a chance of getting more than one item the second time.

I have one with Take (3) but no other such Grimoires at the moment

God this is becoming ridiculous, surely there is an easier way than mining 2 points, spending 10 minutes on auto walk to push the day forward and rinse and repeat? I'm getting loads of bronzite but no andratite

Save when the gathering spots become available, use them, if you didn't get the rare drop pause the game, press Y, then look for the title screen option and repeat until you get it.

Gathering parties.
You can max their gathering skills while you have a protector to protect them.

Profit

Resuscitate

It seem the thread always die around the same hour.

I might have to try this
I covered why I can't do that at the moment in

Soon

One of these things is not like the others

You need to be more specific.

I see
>one undead
>one anime character
>one potato
>one blonde
>one trap

I fail to understand why you can't return to town nor recruit more people.

Story mode. He mentioned having a Highlander, so it could only be that.

I see. Story mode.
If I recall correctly, later you'll find a grimoire in a chest with mine, take and chop lvl 5

Well, that's it for the gathering party then. But even then I don't remember any point where they forbid you from returning to town that early.
And even if they did, just fucking wait until the locked part is done and come back to those quests afterwards.

>that masurao

>you are lost in the labyrinth, the last alive of your guild
>a tricky squirrel leaves you without your only Ariadne Thread
>you enter a room to find a lone pink haired Nightseeker
>she quickly looks at you before continuing her stretches

What do you do?

>check my privilege
>close my eyes as to not rape her
>give her 30% of my ental wage, because she earned it
>go back to town and educate myself on women's rights

Logically, ask her if she can help me get back to town, or if she has Nectars that I can revive my guildmates with.

Stick around and awkwardly explain the situation to get help.

ask her to dominate me

is not illegal if they can't find the body

>dead
This really is the 果て of our 長きの神話

So, anyone used any of the King Grimoires in Untold 2 that were posted in the previous thread?

bump

A palchemist requires shield or is not that important?

they require bodyguard

Can Arcanists have multiple circles up?

No, they overwrite

EOU2 Expert classic.

Now that I've unlocked amrita I suppose to game is easy mode until the postgame right?

With Amritas my bear tank can use hit taker indefinately and my healer won't got OOM.

Infact Im level 46 and currently on Harpiua. I only tried against her 2 or 3 times, but my DPS keeps running out of TP. Was going to switch my Dark Hunter for a lightning spec alchemist to try and down her faster, but now that I realized I was able to use amritas, I think if I just play conservatively she should be a piece of cake.

How hard is the EOU2 expert classic post game?

>DPS
retard alert

>triggered by video game jargon
Autism alert

>triggered
I'm not the triggered here user, you might learn some day, but I doubt it.

Do your parents know you live action role play?

You're both autists desu

Also, I've never tried it, but there's nothing wrong with LARPing.

So how exactly Creeping Curse actually work?
>For 3 turns, raises bind/ailment success and enemy debuff counter won't decrease.

What I don't understand if this mean only your binds/ailments (Done by Hexer) or any bind/ailment the enemy has at that moment.

And also I wonder if you can bind one enemy and left them binded forever with a force shield grimoire.

>enemy debuff counter won't decrease

Keyword: debuff.

meh, just tested and force shield can't lock an enemy binded forever.

I'm pretty sure the localization team fucked up this translation, because the only thing it seem to do is increase the chance to produce binds/ailments.

The whole "enemy debuff counter won't decrease" is not true at all

nevermind, I'm retarded

It's not their fault you can't read.

Post your party faggot.

Not yet, I'm waiting to see if others report any more glitches before I give it a go.

Bear, gunner, dark hunter
Medic, Hexar

>enemy debuff counter won't decrease
Did you just type that twice without realizing the difference between debuffs and ailments/binds?

Yes, see

You're gonna sub you bear as a gunner right?

Slap a TP Up Grim on that Dark Hunter and Level that passive to level 10, that works for me rather well plus the TP recovery Double Action Grim I have slapped on mine.

By sub you mean grimoures? I was going to "sub" him as a protector so he can start wearing shields and use the elemental guards

Fuck that give him a m1911

bump

>out of ariadne threads

>less than 10 minutes
>page 9
Seriously moot, make a new Veeky Forums board

>moot
user...

>moot
We're beyond his reach now.

>moot
it will always be too soon

>moot
Who?
Seriously though Veeky Forums was a shit decision from the start

That faggot works for google now after being so against it, why would you miss him?

>moot
T-Thanks.

>Seriously though Veeky Forums was a shit decision from the start
Veeky Forums is better than /v/

A new Veeky Forums board wouldn't fix anything. They need to adjust the number of pages and crack down on faggots who spam or make threads too soon.

>why would you miss him?
mootles was love
mootles was life

chinkmoot hasn't done a bad job, but it's not the same

>Double Action Grim
You can't say you've lived until you've experienced a Trance-enhanced Double Action 3-Bind Ecstasy.

If you know what I mean.

I blame /feg/

I blema Teach

what's the point of having a thread if 50% of the replies are "ded thred" and "page 10 bump"? maybe such threads should just stay ded

You're free to leave.

Currently running a Warrior's Might party, thinking of picking up a N/Z TP Battery but I can't think of someone who I can afford to replace. Would a M/Z suffice? My G/S is sucking up so much TP I can't explore much before needing to rest.

I'm not trying to be rude, user. Just saiyan that maybe you shouldn't blame the rest of Veeky Forums for your thread's lack of activity.

Is it worth keeping Kibagami equipped with a Mace and a Katana so I can access both types of attacks, or should I just pick a route?

>before
>page 10 every 2-3 hours
>now
>page 10 every 10-20 minutes
we can reach page 10 even faster than /v/

I wonder if someone from here was the one complaining on /qa/ that Veeky Forums has a "problem" with slow threads dying. It's like people don't understand how Veeky Forums works.

>My G/S is sucking up so much TP I can't explore much before needing to rest.
You don't need to be using WM constantly during regular exploration. Just use Charge + some mid-expense skill.

There's been an increase in board speed during the past few weeks; that's why people are talking about it.