/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Welcome to the Legend of Zelda general. Talk about Zelda games old and new, and all discussions related to the entire franchise in its various forms. Share and discuss art, music, news developments, timeline theories, speedrunning strats, etc.

/lozg/ #15 - Dungeon Ideas Edition

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Infobin
pastebin.com/E8FjmmKD (embed)

BotW Known Item Stats:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r6bbN74Bvbsm7nQ9TYDPhtM-DBXMADweKqKYTuaFG_I/edit?usp=sharing

>More Zelda 1? Check Zelda Classic's romhacks:
zeldaclassic.com/

>News/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

eteknix.com/nintendo-admits-selling-people-on-the-nx-could-be-difficult/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I WANT TO FUCK FI

First for the Triforce is in OoT.

No more dungeon ideas

They hid the towns so to not spoiler.

Why? Are their inhabitants unique in some sort? Are all towns in decay?

Or they don't want you to discover that the towns are named after the OoT sages?

Can you fuck tulpas?

There just are no towns in that region user. And it is a fairly small region compared to the rest. Also, Zelda was never a franchise to have a lot of them.

Add to that that the Plateau is a ruined OoT Castle Town and there is no reason for there being a town there.

Reminder that Sheik is MALE

>Don't you mean south-western?
No I meant eastern. The dark green area with the very obvious circle of forestry.

>Add to that that the Plateau is a ruined OoT Castle Town and there is no reason for there being a town there.
Not a town, but they removed all NPCs that except for koroks and the old man it seems.
Plus we won't necessarily get a town, but a market that sets up during the day and moved during the night to different locations in the plateau or something like that.

The Plateau has no people because it is a zone protected by high walls. All the towns will be outside the Plateau, where Hyrule inhabitants now live because it more accessible.

Not the other guy but I'm not seeing it either. This thing?

Yeah that thing

What is that circle on the left side within the white zone?

That whole area has a river and a road in the middle. It would be hard to hide something there.

You tell me! We were trying to guess where the lost woods would be according to the map. We're trying to find the master sword ahead of time! It could be in that typhoon eye as some user also mentioned.

>(embed)
Oh boy

ONLY 6100 HOURS UNTIL BREATH OF THE WILD RELEASES

WE ARE ALMOST PAST THE 6000 HOUR MARK GUYS

>That whole area has a river and a road in the middle. It would be hard to hide something there.
It's far enough away that it's not right on the river or the road, plus the Lost Woods in OoT were pretty much right on top of the Kokiri.
Isn't the point of the Lost Woods that people can't find their way through it? If you're trying to hide something in it, it doesn't really matter how close it is to a road right?

made me lol

Normally the Lost Woods are not close to civilization. I'd say that it is that huge green region in the middle. All of it, one huge area to get lost in, where the sheikah slate doesn't work.

REALLY
WHERE

Well actually:
>get 3DS version
>go out anywhere at night
>look at the moon
>shit bricks
Nintendo so sneaky.

>You will never hear Fi moan in pleasure as you polish her metallic surface to a reflective shine.

doggo is best waifu
he will try his very hardest to do everything you want

>you will never make Fi whet

Why even live?

Friendly reminder that I will pay top dollar for the uncovering of the source or story behind ugly-poly nude Malon.

Imagine a ROM with all the waifus naked.

>ugly-poly

Why do you even come here?

I'm paraphrasing from another user. Early N64 graphics are near and dear to my heart.

What the fuck is a tulpa?

>They hid the towns so to not spoiler.
>Why? Are their inhabitants unique in some sort? Are all towns in decay?
It's because they don't want people to know that they filled the towns with every notable previous NPC in the entire franchise.

Yes, even that one. And that one. Yes, even THAT one. If this gets out too early, the waifu-fagging will reach critical mass.

A symptom of schizophrenia.

Apparently it is some sort of mental manifestation that you can have tantric sex with

Not any of them, but it's a thought-form you create that looks and feels 100% real with enough practice. An imaginary friend. Some ancient Bhuddist sects practiced making tulpas, with the intent to eventually confront the fact that they are illusions, and to destroy them when done.

Modern internet has taken it and used the practice to create waifus.

There's a new tulpa thread on /x like every week.

All the rampant speculation about where the game fits into the series, is free advertising. If they gave away the story, then all that remains is for timeline theorists to be angry that the game didn't align with their fan fiction.

>What the fuck is a tulpa?
You'd like to know that wouldn't you?

It is not even fan fiction, it is full-on headcanon

The source is a dude on deviantart. Reverse image search it.

"Story" is that the model and scene was extracted from an emulator and put into a 3d editor and modified there. There's only two edits out there because the guy jumped to other games soon after. There is no rom in existence, but I'm sure it's possible if you (or someone else) wanted to try it.

I'll take that money now.

>as long as that person lives
Wait WHAT? What if a ghost like King Daphnes makes a wish? Ghosts are immortal.

If the person dies, their wishes are undone.

Doesn't that line continue?

Man the game looks so good in 4:3

Ghosts can't die though.

They are already dead. So it doesn't count.

It continues saying that's the reason why they hiddent the triforce in the golden land. And then she starts speaking about Ganondorf. Yeah, Dorf, not Ganon.

Oh shit! it's morpheel before he grew a body!

So they can have their wishes granted (see the King in WW) but their wish will never be stopped because they are already dead.

Potato potato.

Purposely self induced schizophrenia

You need to hit up the last thread.

How'dja like the Water Temple as a whole?

Well I looked again at the guy's dA and realized I misread something. I thought he just took someone else's images to make them stereoscopic. Well damn.

You know what? I know Photoshop. Shit. I'm gonna shoop me some shit.

Also your money is in the mail.
thanks for the cute Link pic

a bit gimmicky with the boot swapping,
shadow link was a pain,
but other than that, it was alright.

They're wonderful things.

3DS build is the best iteration.

>You will never meet your Peatrice.

But I've met plenty of ugly and clingy-out-of-nowhere girls

I hope you realize that cute Link pics don't come free either, user.

I fucking love this artist though so have another one

What the fuck?!

Timefuckery

No, I'm not actually kidding.

Wait so you've completed Forest > Fire > Water so far right?

What am I supposed to do with this guy? I know he is secretly a blacksmith but once I break his precious sign, he just follows me.

If I recall, you have to take him back his house up north near Lost Woods, you'll get a chest that you have to take to the desert to have a Thief unlock, and you get a bottle.

I know there is something with a warp I'm missing I believe.

nah son thats sahasrahla you gotta throw magic dust on him

What of it?

This fucker again?

Yep.

FUCK DEADHAND.
JUST, FUCK IT.

The Twili were once Oocca. Pass it on.

I totally forgot about this costing 100 rupees instead of 50, well looks like I need to stock up on 800 more rupees now.

No.

No they weren't. Screen cap this.

If you're talking about notable NPCs, why didn't you post one instead of THAT one?

Why do people think that Daphnes was dead? I always thought "he's probably using some kind of Magic, like how Ganondorf's still alive after all these years. He drowns at the end with Hyrule."

Well, if that's true I guess that'd be a loophole for unflooding Hyrule somewhere down the line.

eteknix.com/nintendo-admits-selling-people-on-the-nx-could-be-difficult/

Well that's that, NX confirmed for blunder of the millenium ;_;

>somewhere down the line.
I didn't play ST, if that's what you meant here.

They mean it's going to be hard to sell because the Wii U left a bad taste in many mouths.

>Have success with Wii
>Think you can do no wrong now and go with the Wii U (more of the same with a little more power)
>Tanks abysmally
>No Marketing
>Tons of censorship lately
>Marketing Executive quits
>Think "Hey now they can get back to what they were doing"
>Nintendo dissolves Marketing Executive position entirely
"O...k..."
>They keep talking about how the NX isn't about power and performance and that it could be difficult selling it to people

I really don't even understand Nintendo anymore. I know Japanese people refuse to admit their own faults 90% of the time and only focus on Tokyo mostly (StreetPass I'm looking at you). But jesus christ someone there has to have some sense to look at everything and go "We're fucking up." It boggles my mind that they've somehow gotten so far out of touch with people that it's crazy. Aonuma seems to be the only person at Nintendo listening ironically. Between letting Team Ninja do what they needed to do with HW and now BotW.

It's just so weird to me, but that's a discussion for another thread I suppose, real shame though, makes me worried about even bothering to buy an NX for BotW now.

If it will be "hard to sell" at least that means it will be something different from what they've done before.
But Nintendo should've stopped with that idea by now. Saying that it will be hard to sell is not a good way to get people to invest in you.

was looking through a folder of screenshots i'd taken during e3 and found this thing.

/lozg/ decides: Winged Eye or Shitty Sheikah Eye? both? i honestly can't tell.

The Dark Link fight has great atmosphere, desu

No, BotW Hyrule could be Old Hyrule in the Adult Timeline, is what I'm saying. Unless at the very, VERY final boss of Spirit Tracks you learn that Old Hyrule got nuked or is New Hyrule or something, it was nowhere to be seen nor heard of in ST.

Just... just use your brain, man. This can't be the first time you've heard this argument.

There's a blue Bokoblin or something behind iirc. It's just Bokobuilding

Has anyone saved the picture with all the arguments for it?

Like Zelda being weak in OoT, at the end walking slowly, being scared of stalfos etc. while Sheik fights monsters, jumps off this huge cliff in the desert, being able to cast fire and other stuff which makes it likely Zelda completely switched her bogy to a stronger, male body.

Not to mention; completely different eyes, different framework, bones, muscles, bigger feet, brown skin etc.

It's a different body. So why would Zelda give herself a body of a different girl? When she can swap bodies, of course she would just use a male body which is stronger and more helpful staying incognito.

What Bill Trinnen, some translator guy, says doesn't matter. Only what Koizumi says about this matters.

Just scratchy Blin writing seems like.

Didn't have this clip in my folder. Thanks user.

Old Hyrule was destroyed at the end of WW, unless you want to argue that the Triforce doesn't actually grant wishes

oh, the atmosphere was good, it was the fight itself that I disliked.

It would have made for a great SS fight.

That's because you're a scrub who hasn't figured out his patterns

Dark Link is unwinnable in the 64 version if you try to fight him with the master sword.

I can't recall, did they fix him in the 3DS version?

Did you not read the posts that I was replying to? The specific one you were referencing was me saying that if it's true that "if the person dies, their wishes are undone" then they have a loophole for going back to Old Hyrule as the king's wish for Hyrule to be washed away could be undone. It doesn't matter that they made a new Hyrule, if they want to go back to the old Hyrule later in the timeline they can use that reasoning.

Also, he never wished for Hyrule's destruction, only for it to be drowned, washed away, buried beneath the waves, basically submerged.

>Triforce wishes work until the wishmaker dies.
Depending on the state of the king at the time, its entirely plausible he wished for the flood, drowned, and hyrule un-flooded itself. IF he was alive, that is. Or if he drowned and died, for that matter.

I want to swear fealty to Princess Zelda!

Fealty to Fi.

Fi is my Goddess

user. user, please. You are losing yourself. Please, think of your family.