/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15.
-Demo is out, has online.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sTKfhZ60Tsw
youtube.com/watch?v=Vl7tlyQSe_Y&list=PLrDdhSkDmOrWyAOw6CGWdcop4OfkxbOZR&index=6
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rathian a best

youtube.com/watch?v=sTKfhZ60Tsw

>carting to great maccau
>twice

she's fun
she's cute
she's a good mom!!

Great maccao is actually pretty fast and does a lot of damage with his lunge, it's not surprising that total new comers would cart to it.

jason has been playing monster hunter for 10 years

Well he's just retarded then, don't bully.

Can we have a bastards list? I'll start.

>khezu
>rathalos' talons
>tigrex
>khezu
>gore magala when raged
>gore magala breath attack
>red khezu
>all khezu
>gravios
>basarios
>piece of shit dios
>chameleos sometimes maybe
>people who play palico
>shitty cats
>do i even have to say rajang?
>rajang
>apex rajang
>furious rajang
>apex furious rajang
>dumbass kut ku

Any more?

I just beat event Akantor with a room full of frenchies in just over 5 minutes and none of them carted. Is the french being bad just a meme?

Demo narga is quite tightly tuned.
Use better use JKSM. It's much more noob-friendly. I couldn't figure out how to use SVDT either.

God's Archipelago users. They think they're gods but just spend the whole hunt spamming crag and sending everyone flying.

>JKSM
The 3DS is on 11.0.0-33 now, don't think I can use .cia files unfortunately.

I have fun bullying Khezu because of how frustrated it makes me to wait that son of a bitch to come down from the ceiling.

Tigrex is fun, though. Especially when you have a strong Great Sword. He's fast, you're strong. It's agi/dex vs str and makes up for a fun fight.

Replace Gore with Chaotic Gore. Gore is just a confused child.
Remove Dios.
Add Najarala chip damage.
Add furious B. Tigrex.

Frog here. We have plenty of shitty players, that doesn't mean we all suck.
People remember the French ones more than the English ones because a) there are lots of very enthusiastic Glaive players online b) "Je suis monté !" is more memorable than "I mounted it!" c) most good French players change their messages to English ones to blend in.

Chaotic Gore is literally objectively the most fun fight in the series. Only a loon would compare it to Gravios. That whole list is stupid.

This is true, I've played with plenty of French people with English shout outs that can handle 140s.

How is MHO now?

I played it December---->February

Chaotic Gore is an emo kid who refuses to grow up, that's my only gripe. I'd remove anything Magala from that list, except for Shagaru's homing mines.

>literally objectively the most fun fight in the series
That's your opinion and I respect it.

>Only a loon would compare it to Gravios
What's wrong with Gravios?

You will respect Kut-Ku's bowling skills.

>Qurupeco, Barroth, Barioth, Gigginox will never return
>No wandering Temnoceran as 4th gen's Deviljho

>>Qurupeco, Barroth, Barioth, Gigginox will never return
It hurts

29-3002-6722-7104

Hop in faggots, we're smacking Narga around today

>unable to enter hub
You didn't set a pass, did you

Purest love.

What do you want to know? I've only been playing for about 3 weeks now so I can only give you a new player perspective but I've reached level cap and almost maxed out my weapon + armor.

Barioth will return in MH5U, my dad is capcom and I can confirm this

>Qurupeco, Barroth will never return
Whatever.
>Barioth, Gigginox will never return
;____;

I do think that 3rd gen has the best lineup but I also think that it's way to overrated

Is today international randoms be good day?

Wow. Aerial lance is fucking garbage. What the hell is wrong with the devs?

>MH5U
But that's 2018. 2019 for the west.

Can someone give a brother 3 bone husks?

>what is wrong with the devs?
There's been the entirety of X to gape at for years and now you ask that question?

I don't bother ogling at JP versions when we'll either never get them, or get them eventually.

There's a lot of weapon/style combinations that are absolutely garbage. They didn't even try to make everything viable.

Everything IS viable if you get good.

I'm sick of you fucking scrubs whining.

Don't forget 2 players online being worthless because the monster will always be balanced for 4 and you'll time out.

this only applies to the demo
and it doesn't really apply to the demo because 2 people is enough to kill all of those monsters within 25 minutes

It removes the backstep, forward roll, and shielded forward step, all just to let you attack form the air, which you could already do. It's ass, man, and it's only viable if you literally WANT to be a detriment to the team and yourself. It's like playing GS without ever evading. Sure, you COULD do it, if you want to lose.

>Don't forget 2 players online being worthless because the monster will always be balanced for 4 and you'll time out.

False, one good player can solo online monsters, only scrubs can't.

Fuck him and his dumbass konchus, if he existed i would literally rape him.

>2 people is enough to kill all of those monsters within 25 minutes
Not with the shit weapons you get. But I'm sure you'll call me a scrub or something because the MonHun devs can do no wrong.

Here's a playlist full of people playing online monsters solo and killing them well under the time limit.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vl7tlyQSe_Y&list=PLrDdhSkDmOrWyAOw6CGWdcop4OfkxbOZR&index=6

>back in Tri days
>think that the SA concept is stupid as fuck but enjoy a weapon that fills the same niche as the LS with a very long range to cut tails and less tripping
If only I could have foreseen the CB, Tonfas and styles...

Is it just me or is Barbarian Outcast the best early HR weapon? I feel pretty much invincible with it and a Velociprey-based clownsuit gemmed for Attack XL and Negate Stun. Monsters are dying much faster due to the sword mode poison.

It's just so fucking satisfying.

You will not sexually threaten the winner of the KBL

Wow, cool lies, bro. Care to prove anyone can kill Narga in the demo online ?

That's not the demo you fucking imbecile.

Wow, where is that in the demo? Can I play it right now?

Eh, I'm managing even though I'm carrying my brother or my friend, and neither played MH before. Not saying you're a scrub, but you're probably fighting them way wrong or got too reliant on your weapons.

Kut ku can suck my dick, fuck that any yian can suck my dick. Even garuga with his shitty razor sharp beak, it can literally suck my dick.

>too bad kut ku is also in the SMDL

>Wow, where is that in the demo?
You have to solo online narga to unlock it :)

Alright /mhg/, I'm tired of trying to kill this thing with random shitters
Room ID:57-0458-9669-6350
Pass: Rage
MH4U

>They didn't even try to make everything viable.
They never did.

Show me. :)

This is why Blue Yian Kut-Ku learned the art of homing bowling balls, just to punish sexual harassment

I can't Capcom made it illegal to upload footage of someone soloing online narga :)

You'll have to do it and find it on your own :^)

Oh, so you can't do it. What a scrub. :(

I was with 4 people, 1 guy disconnected immediately other 2 were shitty cat player and db fag. DB fag got 2 hits in, carted, and left, all whilst cat fag was running around getting hit and playing herb horn. Catfag left after he lost all his acorns (im assuming) and i still killed the narga with aerial GS (best GS style for insane damage)

no you :(

Is it kosher to ask questions about installing CFW and how to handle old save files from MH on /mhg/?

I'll rape the konchus, then i'll rape the kut ku's, then i'll rape the kut kus with the konchus, then i'll rape the konchus with the kut ku.

Do you really want to know what i would do to garuga?

>Do you really want to know what i would do to garuga?
Get poisoned and die?

You're the reason 140 Blue Yian Kut-Ku is so malicious

Home brew general

/hbg/

I don't know, then. I do G Rank and Apex monsters with my friend all the time with my friend, and we don't have much trouble. Then suddenly we try the demo and almost never get Narga all the way down. Maybe we secretly suck ass, but I felt we were sticking on him pretty hard.

get raped by it?

Not that guy, but I did it. It was with adept hammer and I timed out at least 4 times. You're not a scrub if you can't do it. Playing against the time limit is more subtle and figuring out ways to attack that can save 1 min in a 25 min fight are hard to notice.

Because its in anticipation of sucking my dick?

Step by step garuga raping guide
>aerial
>swaxe
>water

Dead in 5 mins unless you're french.

I did it with adept longsword with plenty of trap usage.

I doubt I could do it with another weapon though.

Can areas be bastards too? Because area 4 of Ancestral Steppe can fuck right off.

>no gathering halls found

Pink! She's CUUUTE!!!!

Don't think it's in anticipation of sucking your dick, dude. When a Blue Yian Kut-Ku glides like the frenzied 140 one does, it's because it's angry.

Maybe you got close? It really depends on what you chose and how good you are with it. You may feel youre getting alot of damage with a weapon in but in reality you may not be using it well. Like they say, its the most customizable lance, so unless you're above average skilk wise, using aerial GS or aerial SA then it realky varies.

Angry because it wants to get get from point A to point B. Point A being where it is point be being my rock solid dick after fucking garuga with a swaxe.

why are you so defensive? i know it's possible because me and another user here literally just did it like half an hour ago. i think the reason you're so used to being called a scrub is because you keep blaming the game instead of getting better at it.

>most customizable lance
Kek i meant most customizable monster hunter title

I actually went with Adept SnS for most runs. I'm iffy about adept. The spot dodging is great and all, but it leads into that aerial jump unless you do the back dodge, and the extended dodge animation after it ends up getting me hit if monsters attack more than once.

Aerial SnS is kind of meh damage-wise, but it is fun as all hell.

Imagine being this shit at Monster Hunter.

Show me your solo online for Demo Narga. That'll shut me up. ;^)

Adept SnS might be the least useful style/weapon combination in the game. SnS already has Walk Out Of The Way +2, it doesn't need an evasive skill. Just get striker and use your R+X, X, X, A, A combo that adept and aerial take away, plus three hunter arts for even more damage.

Guys I need some help choosing a weapon for mhx.
I want to pick something new but more importantly something multiplayer friendly, not the biggest fan of having multiple weapons until I feel like I mastered the current one.

I know following weapons are not the best ( doesnt mean they are bad) choices in multiplayer.

>Longsword
Hitting teammates left and right

>Lance/Gunlance
Even small attacks from teammates lead to yourself getting tripped

What other weapons are a problem in multiplayer?

Anything can be a bastard, even rathian.

Kek thats why SnS isnt what i woukd consider a solo weapon, which 2 people is closer to doing. Dont worry about damage so much as having fun tho, fun is the most important part. Who wants to have fun when playing a game though, thats just silly.

I did miss my 10 hit combo, and the charge attack being gone for "if you dodge you get damage!" was shit. I just wasn't sure if I was missing something. What does Guild do that Striker doesn't?

>Kek thats why SnS isnt what i woukd consider a solo weapon

Except for the part where Striker SnS is one of the best solo weapons in the game.

>No Miss Cat outfit for female hunters
WHY LIVE
H
Y

L
I
V
E

>no mizutsunes IRL
why live

Adept LS isn't actually nearly as disruptive as it was, since Adept style attacks are more vertical.
Lance/GL - YOU are the one who will be getting tripped constantly.
GS is also pretty MP friendly, as usual.
SA now is focused entirely on Sword mode, and Striker, the most used style, mostly uses the vertical X-X combo.
And of course there are Gunner weapons, which are okay, as long as you don't use pellet. You never do.

Demo Narga bullying room.
ID: 57-4151-2314-8369
PW: 7243

I've created a room in MH3U to experience some third gen monsters again.

I'll be surprised if anyone joins, but hey it's worth a shot.

01 Free A
Lobby 04
Roomname: /v/ery gud
Password: rage

Also I haven't done Dire Miralis yet.

Does Clear Mind/Composed stack with the boosted hunter arts fill rate from striker style?

Is the demo SnS fairly indicative of the power of the SnS in the full game? I tried it with Striker, and it's fun, but it took a good while to kill Malfestio.

I wanted to take a break from LS, so I figured I'd try other stuff. Is Aerial the preferred style for IG? What about for CB? Hell, what do you think is a good weapon to master following LS?

What hr are you?

7, but I think I've done enough quests to jump to like 60 after I'm through with Miralis.

I've got access to 7* quests.

sns has always been about being able to keep consistent damage on a monster since it has the speed to stay in a fight and not let the monster get away from you
the more familiar you get at fighting a monster, the better it'll be. it's pretty good in generations.

I see videos of people using aerial or guild IG depending on how many supers they want since they both play pretty similarly, aerial gains the enormous front vault though.

and coming from enormous amounts of playtime with the CB in 4u the only style I have any fun with using it in the demo is adept

Alright I'll join but don't expect me to be any good. I haven't played in ages.

Thanks for the help. The more input the better. I'll probably end up making my first character to use LS with various styles, but I want to make a second for a cute huntress to try something new. I'll play around on the demo some more and see what feels good.