/ywg/ - Yo-kai Watch General #48

Last Thread: Team Dianyan edition

Join the discord to make friends!
discord.gg/0m7Vj85gNw4dutXi

Yo-kai Watch 2 has been announced for US!
siliconera.com/2016/05/16/yo-kai-watch-2-release-north-america-september-30-2016/

Yo-kai Watch 3 details here!
perfectly-nintendo.com/yo-kai-watch-3-website-update-details-yo-kai/

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble is out!:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/yo-kai-watch-wibble-wobble/id1085461253?mt=8
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.YWWWUS
WibWob medal registration: yo-kai-wibblewobble.com/medal/index.nhn

>Is this actually good?
Yes it's good, just don't go in expecting the hyped up "Pokemon killer" aspect. Kotaku started the phrase for clickbait and it worked. They aren't the same game at all, just two games in the monster catching genre. If you want an explanation on the battle system, someone can fill you in, don't worry the demo was indeed shit and not a good representation of how you'll go through the game.

>Is there a list of all the yokai?
yokaipedia.net/list-of-youkai/

>I'm too lazy to look for i-
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
We're actually working on sprucing this baby up. Feel free to contribute!

Here's a resource document for all your Yo-kai FAQ needs:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit?usp=sharing

Also an user was kind enough to give us a small/longish guide to some of YW2's stuff. Take a look!
imgur.com/a/HBkws

Other tags: Yokai, Youkai, Yo-kai

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/17q988zozFzK7tlwx9-A9-_7v4TIZlNE1NTFmaaR1TeU/viewform
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JTtdPzl115dkQABI4-1B90X_11pZydUSzMJJ-XN6XlI/edit?usp=sharing
yo-kai-world.eu/
youtube.com/watch?v=1msGguLJ7KE
makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Submit your friend codes here!
docs.google.com/forms/d/17q988zozFzK7tlwx9-A9-_7v4TIZlNE1NTFmaaR1TeU/viewform

Results can be found here
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JTtdPzl115dkQABI4-1B90X_11pZydUSzMJJ-XN6XlI/edit?usp=sharing

DONT FORGET TO SEND OUT SPIRIT

>amerilards can't even finish YW1 before YW3 comes out

>Team Dianyan
OP has shit taste in jewels confirmed

Favorite 'Merican Yokai out of the ones we've seen so far? I think for me it has to be Gattenmeier.

the burger one because it's just like a typical american

Except Americans are fatter.

Despite him being a recolor, Last Buchinyan is calling for me. It must be the way he's holding the sword like a two-handed one. Or the eyepatch.
Or maybe I just like character's with edge.

All the food yokai are pretty great, honestly.

I'm the exact opposite. I prefer goofier designs a lot of the time.

So the EU version of the Yokai Watch website finally went live

yo-kai-world.eu/

It's seems a bit more animated than the US one.

youtube.com/watch?v=1msGguLJ7KE
Zombie Manager boss fight gameplay for YW3 is live

>you can now purify yokai on the battlefield instead of out of battle.
Seems handy I guess

I still don't think I entirely understand the new battle system.

The boss looks cool, though. I'm always pretty impressed by Level 5's ability to string random words together and get really cool designs out of them. Kabukiroid's another good example of that.

Why is every boss fight so piss-poor easy? ALL you have to do is move out of their line of attacking and boom -- you're completely safe. this guy kept the fast-forward on all the time and defeated him without any difficulty.

>I still don't think I entirely understand the new battle system.
All you have to do is to move out of their line of attacking and you're safe.

I'm really hoping there's more to it than that, otherwise it feels like a huge step backwards from all the improvements they made in YW2.

Because it's a game for toddlers

But the boss fights in previous two games are hard as fuck, why make this one easy?

Threadly reminder that KanKei is best ship

that's probably it, unless they throw in bosses that change the formula around like what they did in two, with them messing around how you switch around yokai and stuff

I'm sure it'll still be fun. Hopefully.

I want to believe.

Do you guys think that Yo-Kai Watch will rise in popularity with the second game? Or will it sell less than the second game, causing them to give up with the U.S?

It will definitely rise in popularity. The first game didn't do well in Japan either but the second game exploded and made Yokai Watch as popular as it is in Japan.

I think it's safe to say the second game will sell more than the first.

How much more is what I'm still unsure about. Here's hoping for the best.

What makes me really worried is the comments section on the trailer. People are still reluctant to give it a try.

Assholes are just the most vocal. It happens with everything.

From what I've heard the toys are selling well, the anime has good ratings, and the manga is doing way better than Viz originally anticipated. It'll be fine.

>not wanting the most valuable gem around you 24/7

Dianyan is just the leader, m88

>twenty 4th of july coins
>all bad rolls
O-Okay.

>two 5 star coins
>bad rolls
>one was my 3rd gold capsule cuttincheez
O-o-oh...

>four y-money rolls
>all bad
There's a point where you exceed maximum disappointment and you just stop feeling things I think. This is literally ridiculous though, what's with the horrid RNG?

>WibWob is glitched, still trying to let me claim a July mission reward even after they're gone and I didn't actually "finish" the mission until the 5th
>This won't fix itself until the next event

for what it's worth, i pirated the first game and plan on buying one version of the second

Well at least you're buying something eventually

if the user who visited abdallah's stream is still in these threads, have you ventured back in? you never mentioned exactly how he forced someone to trade with him.

user, you have achieved desensitization. Now you can take whatever punishment you can receive

>TEN MORE DAYS

so are any of you getting yo-kai watch 3?
I hope I can trade with some of you if so

I want to investigate and interrorgate that zombie doctor

with your dick?

>what's with the horrid RNG?
If this game had an actual cash shop, I could understand. But it doesn't.

maybe
but what would a wibwob/punipuni cash shop look like? Fusion items? Rare yokai? Coins?

Coins and evolution items, probably. With Ymoney of course.

A reminder to trust this guy with your rolls! You're sure to get something good!
:^)

bop

I will break all 208 bones of that skelly's body

y'know, I actually find it unusual that this game has only one currency for a mobile game, probably because a large amjority has an in-game currency and one that's purchased via money, rarely both.

you need to be mind broken to truly be enlightened

Almost

I'm thinking it will sell more or about as much. Enough to warrant further releases anyway.

As soon as the .cia is available I'll start playing

>Doesnt want Diamonds are Forevernyan
I pity your taste.

I'd wait for the release of The Pink Panyan

Once you close in on the last few youkai you need it really feels like the RNG shifts into maximum over-drive

I thought the Pink Panther was just a giant pink diamond?

Yes, that makes it all the more fabulous

>not taking a stop at the ice cream store

What makes you think post game fights will be as easy as a literal tutorial boss?

I'm getting Sushi and my boyfriend is getting Tempura.
We've been over this user, they're time crossing fuck buddies at best, they can never be a couple.

does this mean Keita is destined to be cucked by his grandma in order to preserve his existence?

And we've already established that the very nature of time travel means they can be happily together forever if they ever wanted.

To each their own I guess user. As far as my fic goes Keita will now and forever be Kanchi's.

Don't you just wanna bite their heads off

That's fine, i mean it is your story. Just would have been nice to get some of that fuckbuddyness going on before it B lined toward Kanchi. I'd still say it'd be great for another fic.

i wonder what kind of mental illness makes someone literally spend their whole life shitposting about their pedophilia
makes me appreciate my intelligence a lot more

Don't worry, I still plan to write a one-shot based purely around Kei x Kei. If you're that user that wanted Keizou to get rimmed don't worry, I remembered that too

I'd rather hug them.
Then bite off the edible parts.

Well the sushi would be easier, since you got to worry about the shrimp tail.

Have you gotten to writing again yet? I need this.

Just eat Koma-san in two bites
Then you get to see what the inside of his head looks like

Sounds good, and making it a self-contained thing is for the best, dont got to worry about other stories influencing it. And yeah that was me, looking forward to it

Yeah, I plan to start back pretty soon. I'll probably do a chapter of Summer Haze since it's been on my mind and then work on some one-shots.
Great. I try to remember all the requests my fans give me. So long as I like them, that is.

If you taking requests, then could you add Keita and Kanchi foreskin play and fingering?

Already have that stuff planned, so no worries! When you say foreskin play are talking about docking, frot, or just moving it around with a hand/mouth?

Yeah, most of that kinda stuff. Foreskin is the best, I feel sorry for cutfags.

Yeah, only one of the guys I've gone out with had one. Fucking lazy Americans ruining dicks On a more on topic note my copy of the second Youkai Watch movie shipped this morning so I'll be posting it here once I get it ripped and uploaded.

Please include the subtitles if you can't upload the full BDMV

I'll do my best. I've never ripped anything before, let alone a BD so I can't make any guarantees.

If you are not restricted with by upload speed or data cap, then the easiest way would be to rip the full disc, either to BDMV with something like AnyDVD HD or remuxed with MakeMKV. It can be 25-45GB in size depending on the size of the BD and the video encoding.
BDMV is generally "better", but MakeMKV can be activated for free while it's in beta without having to pirate it or buy it, with an official registration key here: makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
It should be able to rip everything including subtitles, though if you want to rip trailers or some short bonus content (under 2 minutes I think) you have to adjust the settings.
In both cases all content including any subtitles should be there.

Re-encoding the Blu-Ray with another "ripping" application can make it smaller, though depending on how the BD itself is encoded and the settings you use, it can look good or bad.

If you upload it uncompressed then I can encode and maybe translate it.

Nice, thanks for all the info. I'm expecting it to show up early next week so I'll try doing all this stuff as soon as it does.

No problem, I will lurk here so if you have any issue with it then just ask.

So I literally just started playing the first game, have no idea what I'm doing.

Are the Gemnyans available yet?

Oh also will anything I do in YW carry over to 2?

Nice, will do.
No, not to the general public yet.
No, nothing carries over, but you do get some special gacha coins if you have a YW1 save file.

Bumpito

Reposting heart eyes Keita so the user that got butt blasted at the shota fic talk can be triggered again.

bump

the thread doesn't need to be bumped every 5-7 minutes, just once per 30 minutes will do.
go around and bust some ghosts

the OP's google docs has some handy things if you get lost in the game or are in need of some advice

JKust started the game, wish me luck!

May the RNG be kind to you.

Hope you got your lube handy.
>yfw you first experience the RNG

I hope the next event in Wibble Wobble adds some new YW2 Yo-kai.

They need to do something fast before Pokemon Go takes everyone's attention away, at least for a little while. Because it will since THERE'S NOTHING TO FUCKING DO BUT GRIND.

GIVE ME MY CUTE SPOILER BALLERINA

Mobile or 3DS?

For those who play in the Japanese version of the YKW world:

Besides PuniPuni, does anything else exist that allows you to register medals and make them yours by the QR code?

If/when I get the Gemnyan medals, I'm going to scan them into the apps and game, but I want to be able to share them with others. HOWEVER, if another app comes along that allows you to register your medals, I don't want someone fucking me out of my jewel cats.

Here's what is bugging me: Is the old battle system is still in the game? Every single fight uses the new battle system, so why did they show the old battle system in the very first trailer?

3DS, i didnt even know it was for mobile

There is indeed a YW mobile game, however, it plays mostly differently from the 3DS game.

What region is your game for?

NA.