Homerew & Hacking General - /hbg/

Previous thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax, OOT3D and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon
-Pokémon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-5.6 may get released soon. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates.

Other urls found in this thread:

smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip
yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php
3dsdb.com/
r4i-gold.me/en/download/index.htm
yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php
aliexpress.com/item/10pcs-lot-25mm-Diameter-NFC-Sticker-Ntag216-888-Bytes-Smart-Tags-for-Samsung-Galaxy-and/32671248481.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201602_5_10017_301_406,searchweb201603_7&btsid=f532aeff-c8ff-4072-a140-1eac2b65102a
gbatemp.net/threads/ntag216-amiibo-collaboration-thread.417447/
gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for bootrom dumps never

>no battle cats
no reason to live

third for DELETE OTHER THREAD

Why posting in your own thread m8?

YES, USE A9LH INSTEAD OF WHATEVER SHIT YOU ARE USING NOW

who gives a shit about a9lh

fuck a9lh

>mfw plutoo gave us a9lh

I'm following the Plailect guide to install A9LH + Luma.

I had a 7.2E o3DS and followed the 9.2 upgrade part which used decrypt9wip, rxTools and FBI, which I now finished and it's upgraded to 9.2.

It said to proceed with Part 3 of the guide.

Step 5 of part 3 says:
>Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS, then get into the Homebrew Launcher through the entrypoint of your choice.

What exactly is the Homebrew Launcher and how do I open it?
I don't think it was mentioned in the previous steps that I had to follow according to the guide.

Thanks for any help you guys could provide.

what the fuck you saying little shit

That's from part 1. I'll tl;dr it for you.
Unzip smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip onto your SD card, then go to yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php in your 3DS web browser.

Oh wait. I guess I have to do part 1 of the guide now first instead of part 3.

Weird that it didn't mention that and said to go straight to part 3.

It's because a lot of the hacks for entering the homebrew launcher don't work right on firmwares below 9.0.

Yeah, just figured out that it's detailed in part 1.
Thank you.

I have a 3DS on version 7.1.0E and I want to install CFW (or whatever is used, I'm getting confused between emuNAND, sysNAND, CFW, hardmods and whatnot)
Following the guide, I get here.
I suppose that to do what I want, I need to use that cart update method no matter what, right? that redirects me to a chart of games from which I'd need to purchase one. 3dsdb.com/
What version do I need to look for? The version I'm currently in? (7.1.0E and thus Lego Ninjago, Majora's Mask, Layton vs Wright...) Or the version I want to get to? (9.2.0E, so Tomodachi Life rev2, Gardening Mama or Cooking Mama)

Moreover, do I really need to go through this update to install an emuNAND or a CFW?
Can I at least use homebrew without updating?
Sorry about this stupid last question, I don't have the possibility of checking right now

has monhun generations leaked yet? i know review copies have been out for some time now and the embargo seems to be up.

all people with review copies dont want to take a bullet for us.

What is the full firmware version? There are three parts to it, 1.2.3-45X, but you missed out the final bit

No, just play your translation patched MHX boy.

Whoops, that's true. 7.1.0-0E

7.1.0E doesn't tell you what method you need to follow. What is the full firmware version?

So the web browser doesn't work at all? That makes it harder especially if you're looking for an entrypoint

You want a game card to take you to 9.0 - 10.7 but I don't know how you'd proceed from there.

Holy shit. Fix your font rendering.
That looks atrocious.

I guess that's why the only method is upgrading via game cart, huh? That pretty much writes out any primary entrypoint.
And since the game doesn't update the browser, the problem will persist, right? I guess I'll need to figure something out. If only I hadn't been retarded enough to update my XL.

>shark
>monkey
So enlighten me. Are these just the latest and greatest from the memefactory
Or are these legit chinese doing something right?

I've got a question and please feel free to call me a retard if it's answered on the pastebin links and I'm not seeing it.

I've got a N3DS, only had it for Monster Hunter which I bought 4U digitally, however I've heard from an acquaintance that put CFW on his o3DS ages ago that he lost all his saves from his copy of the game.

Am I fucked too?

And I have no idea what firmware it's on but I haven't touched it in practically a year anyway.

You shouldn't lose anything if you do it rigt.

just a meme

You'd have to go out of your way to lose your saves if you follow the guide and pay attention

>4U

hello, same guy from last thread, i got the spongebob icon to show up, but when I open it, its all white, any ideas? its not the 2015 version
heres the site
r4i-gold.me/en/download/index.htm

Oh thanks for the assurance. Guess he was just retarded then.

nope. these are actually legit. people are just too skeptical but these really work and are cheap

enter system setting and check your version on the upper screen on botton right, retard

>retard
Rude.
It's been stored away for months and probably has no charge, I'm not installing CFW any time soon. All I wanted to know is if I could keep my saves.

>I've got a question and please feel free to call me a retard
do you want to get called a retard or not?

That wasn't even in the same post you retard

but it was the same retard

rude

Hi guys, I need your expertise.

I'd really like to emulate GBA, SNES and DS games on my 3DS (just like the good old R4 days).

The Supercard DStwo seems to be a good choice for this, but I have I have three concerns:

-Are there any superior flashcarts for 3ds (for GBA, SNES and DS emulation)?

-Should I wait for CFW emulation of these consoles?

-Should I use a custom portable device for such emulation?

Thamk you!

is the reason why my 3ds cant connect properly on the internet is because i got NTR installed?

Is the available batch of N3DS on Amazon still below 10.5?

You don't need a Supercard DSTwo.

A hacked New 3DS and any old DS flashcart will be better.

Why? Will it run better?

Did anyone ever figure out how to get past the "you cannot use internet browser at this time message"?

Yes.

GBA on any CFW 3DS is pretty much perfect and the New 3DS's SNES VC is also very good.
With the Supercard DSTwo games work badly, sometimes not at all and often you need frameskip.

What's a good 3DS game to play while paying attention to other stuff like watching YouTube videos?

Etrian Odyssey

yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php

So definitely no flashcarts?

Getting a DS flashcart for playing DS games is fine; but 3DS CFW is better than DSTwo emulation.

Unless you want to play DS games in which case just get a DSTT and save yourself $50.

Just downgrade the browser to one from 9.8 or lower (if O3DS, just make it the 9.2 one for spiderhax stuff).

I want to fuck a9lh

Can I play online with non nips?

I want to uninstall a9lh

Okay, thank you!

So CFW for older consoles, and a flashcart for DS?

That is best yes.

Also, a plain DSTT probably won't work. You want a cheap R4i Gold.

Yes.
Actually you need a CFW for the DSTT or it won't launch.

I installed monster hunter demo from a cia. First every time I reboot it disappears from menu and I have to go in false security app. Second when I try to play online it asks me to accept some regulations, but I get an error when I accept. Firmware isn't the last released one, though.

You're fucking wrong. DSTT will work with forwarders even. I have one myself. R4i Gold doesn't work with forwarders.

My mistake then.

How many hours would it approximately take to finish part 4 and 5 of Plailect's guide?

Not him, but what flashcart would you recommend for DS games on N3DS?

Use config.cia. There's a numerical setting in there you want to change to ff:ff; or something along those lines.

Why?

>your not allowed to post if you're op

You have ADD or something?

You're playing the EU demo on an US unit or the other way around. You're going to be matched with those people too. The US demo is called "MH Generations" on the titlekey site and almost all of the things using it.

Any way I can fix error 022-2634 if I'm already on a9lhax? From what I can tell, I fucked up by not logging in on sysnand when I made an emunand, but now my emunand IS my sysnand?

Anyone try their hand at creating some pirated amiibos?

aliexpress.com/item/10pcs-lot-25mm-Diameter-NFC-Sticker-Ntag216-888-Bytes-Smart-Tags-for-Samsung-Galaxy-and/32671248481.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201602_5_10017_301_406,searchweb201603_7&btsid=f532aeff-c8ff-4072-a140-1eac2b65102a

Has anyone tried with these /csg/ nfc tags?

There's some unique content unlocks that I want to try out but don't feel like paying out the ass for an amiiqo.

Though if one of those ntag emulators actually came out with the ability to replicate Skylanders, Lego Dimensions figures and Amiibo, I'd probably consider it.

Back up nand. Format nand. Restore nand.

>NTAG216
Amiibos use NTAG215 tags, not 216. Yes, that is checked by the actual system. Yes, NTAG215 tags are in much lower supply than 216 ones, they can still be found on aliexpress and ebay though.

People have tried using 216 tags, there's no reported successes and the OP of the thread eventually gave up: gbatemp.net/threads/ntag216-amiibo-collaboration-thread.417447/

I guess that's the problem then. USA demo on eu 3ds

Ask /g/ and check the previous thread for confirmation, plus they're cheap (64gb for $12 dollarydoos.)

Yes, I've made some squid tags. It's real easy with the Android app some gbatemp faggot put together.

NTAG216 won't work. I ended up buying from eBay because the sellers on ali were charging more.

No idea what /csg/ is.

pls respond

So I just read Plaitec's guide.
Let me get this straight
Following this I would turn the console's "OS" into a custom one kinda like everyone did with their Wii. The point of this is to install any software and use it immediately, not needing weird entrypoints for the homebrew launcher and getting rid of region lock (but if this doesn't work, other homebrew programs will do the trick). Am I right?

How does it look after updating? Will the menu interface be the same as before applying the CFW? Will I be able to have several rotating themes like I can do right now?
Would I be able to purchase and download legal games? I'll assume that online play will be fine.

My plan right now is going from my 11.0 old3DS, legal, with a NNID linked and downloaded games, to a factory set new3DS. I want to hack that new3DS.
Should I go through the system transfer before or after completely hacking it?

DSTT. It has forwarders, and is less than 10 dollars.

Thanks for that, I almost ordered those 216s.

Sorry for being a nub, but what's a forwarder?

So DSTT runs DS games the best?

Also, how is the interface and build quality?

Thank you.

>Am I right?
Pretty much

>How does it look after updating? Will the menu interface be the same as before applying the CFW?
Yes
>Will I be able to have several rotating themes like I can do right now?
Yes
>Would I be able to purchase and download legal games?
Yes
>I'll assume that online play will be fine.
Indeed

>Should I go through the system transfer before or after completely hacking it?
It has to be after, or you'll get upgraded to 11.0 and lose your chance at downgrading. Finish the A9LH setup prior to system transfer and everything should be alright.

a9lh is Bootmii, but for your 3DS.
Luma is a CFW. That just runs regular firmware but patches a few things here and there so that it's happy to install and run pirated games, region free games, etc.

Following that guide will give you a9lh + Luma which runs automatically at boot time, transparently.

I wouldn't system transfer at all.

Seems legit. Imma wait it out since I cant afford it currently

Question, before I hacked my n3ds using the github guide I saved everything I had on my sd card. The only game I had was mh4u. So in the things I saved from the sd card there is a .sav file. Is there any way to import my this(my old save) to the hacked 3ds ?

AAANNNNDDD i soft bricked my 3ds while downgrading to 9.2 even with a fresh system. life is suffering.

post comfy themes

Forwarder lets you bypass the interface and lets you install a shortcut to a rom from the 3ds home menu.

Pointless if you ask me. But the cheapest flash card let's you use it so it's another point in its favor.

Are you sure it's an actual softbrick? Partial downgrades causing Menuhax breakage is pretty much guaranteed on systems that shipped on 10.3 or lower. Boot with the SD card out before you give up.

No normal person can pay attention to 2 things at the same time.

>Sorry for being a nub, but what's a forwarder?
You can make entries for individual DS games in your home menu and launch them directly from there, not having to navigate through the flashcart's firmware. The latter is also an option though.
>So DSTT runs DS games the best?
DSTWO was always king but with the DS's lifetime being over and anti piracy patches getting backported to every shitty old cart, it should be able to run anything you throw at it
>Also, how is the interface and build quality?
Interface is shit, par for the course when it comes to piracy carts. Build quality is shoddy too, but worst case if it breaks you pick up another one between $5~10. Don't swap the microSD in and out a million times every day and it'll likely last a long time.

>gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/
It plays DS games fine, and the ui isnt a fucking mess

i got the nintendo error msg even b4 the system rebooted. tried starting with sd card in & out. looks like i just suck at being lucky.

Probably chink shit genereal.

F

When will the five hours be over?

Oh, I feared I'd get locked out of system transfer after hacking. Somehow.

>I wouldn't system transfer at all.
I'm not too comfortable with the idea either, but we know how icky Nintendo's account system is. If I don't do that, I doubt I can set my NNID in place and keep my games with my saves intact.

I just got a r4i sdhc with rts

you guys said it was good and I really like most of you