/rlg/ - Roguelike General

forevially longing for dicku edition

Infra Arcana 18.2 released: sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/downloads
Release Notes: raw.githubusercontent.com/martin-tornqvist/ia/v18.2/assets/release_history.txt

New Demon Release introduces Relic upgrades: demon.ferretdev.org/devblog/71-upgrade-complete/

Poschengband 5.0.0 released (breaks save compatibility!)
angband.oook.cz/forum/showpost.php?p=111423&postcount=233

Vanilla Angband Comp(until July 6)
Elf Warrior with a permacursed Deathwreaker:
angband.oook.cz/competition.php

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/pkf1qnuZ

Old dead thread notaroguelike:

Say what you want about Caves of Qud, but it's probably my favorite roguelike for dicking around in.

post 1984

Asking again in not dead thread this time: What happens if a Jiyva-worshipper abandons it and then proceeds to kill the Royal Jelly? Do they avoid punishment for abandonment since Jiyva stops existing?

post roguelikes only you play
I'll start:
>Pathos
>WazHack
>POWDER

>WazHack
Just call it "Wack" like the rest of us.

Well, how is a god going to punish you when he is dead?

Dungeons of Dredmor

>he

Caves for Android

sheer force of rage keeps Jiyva's slimegirl booty alive long enough to act out her wrath

as soon as she forgives you she dies

True, but avoiding punishment like that sounds a bit too Nethacky for the Crawl devs.

God damn it. I want to chug mutation potions, get rid of the bad ones through slimegirl love, then kill a god and get off scot free. Is that too much to ask? Guess I gotta switch to Zin instead, get that piety up quick by splatting jellies. Don't want any bad mutations from J's punishment.

>steam dragon on D:4
>chug potions and become a tree
>mfw you can still go berserk in tree mode
wew that was a close one

I've never seen anyone call it that.

i like your walls

So only suitable ringbearers for ring are h and p ? I noticed orcs just attack me like hounds or other non-sentients. Also what are good ringbearers for levels 25+? I got myself a dark elf lord that has basically everything i need right now, but i will need to hop soon. Also, is there any hope for me to be able to farm dragons in the mountains?

How the hell do I into transmuter? To what unarmed do I go to before leveling defenses?

ringu has shit hp so you might not want to go farm dragons, especially if you have a ringbearer without rBase to keep it from dying and leaving you stranded

anti-paladins are nice around that level. you can also just get a black knight who will eventually evolve into an anti-paladin for you

If he's playing 5.0 there's a guaranteed anti-paladin at the entrance to the castle now.

Typical shit op as usual.

A, L and V are also ridable, though the latter two tend to just die to fire. The angel line is very strong, probably the best non-uniques (and uniques are hard to control) because they eventually have rBase and good spells. Monks and mystics are good during the part of the game where melee pets are useful (like now).

How does that ringbearer mode work? How do you lose?

you're a cavalry wizard

the ringbearer is a mount and it has an hp bar but you, the ring, have a separate hp bar. just like a cavalry riding a horse except cooler

if your mount dies you fall to the ground and can't move, although you can still cast spells or read ?tele, etc and can use your powers to summon/attract/charm a new ringbearer

how to protect my devices as a ring? i dont want my staffs to be blown up

How do you play a Deep Dwarf caster? I tried a DDNe but got my shit stomped when Menkaure, Grinder and Blork all appeared on the same level. Are you supposed to grab Regeneration and Vampiric healing to meme it up and never use the wand of HW again?

same way you protect them as anything else: get resistance to the elements
potions sort of help, and you can get quite a lot of fire/cold rings to eat if you check the magic shop in town regularly

i think you need like 7 to get double-resist

regeneration doesn't work on dd
it's vamp draining and HW

alternately try a DDEE of makhleb or something

You can buy elemental rings at the 6 store to eat for your basic resists.

Much better off than death swords in this regard.

You're supposed to fuck off the floor when Grinder shows up.

So, downloaded the URR alpha to generate some prettyworlds or something, and it's safe to say that this took me by surprise.
You generate a SYSTEM?
Wew lad
0.8 when

I hadn't seen any downstairs

What's a good god for a DeMo 15 runer? I can only think of Ashenzari since Elyvilon won't like me.

but you had to know the location of at least one upstair

Is this the worst item in the game? It sure as hell is the worst i've ever seen.

That would have only served to slightly delay my imminent buttfucking given that Blork and Menkaure were also on the level

shields are worse

Didnt POWDER have an Android version at some point? I can't find it anymore.

E dragons are pretty easy, bro. Same with M. Don't be afraid of them.

5-10 typically
Does the robe of folly still exist? It was amazing when artifacts didn't ID on sight. I got fucked once by that as a newbie.

I only have 1 scroll of tp, should i use it or can i manage to kill this army in the corridor 2v1 at the time?

>It may recurse itself when equipped
that's hilarious

I'm messing around in The Arena some and is there anything more dangerous than the royal jelly 1v1? Or at least not in excessive numbers (10>x)? I just threw the shit against Cerebov and he lost.

diamond obelisk? it's a 10,000 hp statue surrounded by a permanent tornado

maybe a couple executioners

I think Lom Lobon is the killiest 1v1.

Sent him against Gloorx Vloq and they both died, jelly first then Vloq to the slimes still up.
TRJ got it to about 35% before dying and the still living jellies got it to about 15%

toss some hell sentinels at it maybe? or dispater

Died like a bitch. TRJ at about 40%.
>or dispater
Already tried, died like a bitch as well.

how does TRJ deal with summonerssummoningsummoners?

put her up against 9 obsidian statues

actually probably go boggarts

what is actually the best summoner?

boggarts depend entirely on floor

i guess pan lords?

Test spawner

>9 obsidian statues
TRJ died with 8 statues up.

Jellies finished the rest.
>i guess pan lords?
Well TRJ just wiped the floor with the unique pan lords so I don't know what the generics will do.

HAVE YOU TRIED THE TEST SPAWNER? HOW ABOUT SOME ORB GUARDIANS AND A MOTH OF WRATH

rando panlords can be a hell of a lot more dangerous with their spellbooks and distort melee at least

>HOW ABOUT SOME ORB GUARDIANS AND A MOTH OF WRATH
I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PUT MULTIPLE TYPES OF MONSTERS IN THE ARENA

I'M GOING TO TRY SOME ARENA OF BLOOD STUFF

>is there anything more dangerous than the royal jelly 1v1?
d1 adder

>0.8 when
In a month or so, I think

oh I thought you were in !fight club
There is a helpful guide on the learndb I think

Mnoleg can be more deadly depending on whether he decides to be smart and spam summons.

Make sure you run each fight at least a few dozen times

Disenchant breath apparently does a lot of damage without resistance. There was a stone in that vault up there and I had to have it.

Nice helmet.

Blork is a bitch and Menkaure can't paralyze you. Plus there's no saying you'd come upon him again at all.

>breath apparently does a lot of damage without resistance
really all you needed to say

>Blork is a bitch
That was at D:4 user. I got 3 uniques, 2 of them dangerous and immune to my magic, at D:4. I honestly did the best I could. Also, Menkaure has Haste

I was under the impression disenchant was one of the weaker ones, but checking the caps that is not the case.

Maybe I was thinking of nexus.

I just saw Mara kill TRJ. Started with multiplying himself, then made a copy of TRJ, the two RLs startted fighting, both spawned jellies, both died, both's jellies remained, the three Maras finished off the original's jellies together with the duplicate's jellies.

Looking at GWOP breath damage it seems that nexus does only cap at 250, yeah.

Playing trunk? Could be a bug.

In the arena. Continuation of earlier "who can beat TRJ".

>Your Golden Crown of Hyper Nature
good randart name

Based on his earlier screenshots it's probably randart crown of dragonkind from when he killed Glaurung.

>and I had to have it
NO YOU DIDNT SILLY user

Good loot

Could anyone link a download for a recent release of Cogmind? All I can find are versions from last year.

Check the archives.

>Antimagic bardiche in hall of blades
Is it worth to carry it into pan for panlord fuckery? I got 0 pole skill right now, but getting some won't be too hard

Absolutely not.

just casually pick up 26 polearm skill somewhere in the next level

how many ogres of xp is that? 3? 4?

>some
You probably have to get at least 20 to make using that worthwhile.

the best

Isn't 14/16 enough to get it to 1.something auts? And i meant to use it as a swap, just whack them a couple times and then switch to a greatsword/triplesword to actually deal damage
Never really used AM so i don't know the inner workings of it

>how many ogres of xp is that?
Ogre of xp?

will berserking as a ring berserk my bearer or me? Cause if latter, its fucking useless

What the hell, it only asks for an abyssal rune. Is there even an easier practically nocost requirement than this one?

How much exp is required, measured in ogres. Killing one ogre gives you one ogre of exp

DE = Deep Elf. Ds = Demonspawn. Ash is great in post end because she allows you to dive really quickly through pan and hell. You'll also be at 27 skill much faster since you don't have to train up the last few insanely expensive levels

Piety with low-cost gods, horn of geryon, wand of TP, low-enchantment dragon armors...Those are some of the easiest ones i found

An ogre (or any enemy) is not worth the same amount of XP at different points in the run though.
As you level, Crawl divides the experience you receive from kills by an ever-increasing amount until level 25, where it stops at something like 1/255 XP.

Chei
Smash da statue form nigga

16 will get it down to 1.2 aut/swing, which is not where you'd want to be if you're using it in extended. You'd want to get it down to at least 1.0 even, which IIRC is 20 skill, with mindelay being at 26.

Piety with a god you were going to ditch anyway

An ogre of experience is still an ogre of experience at every point in the run.
C'mon user, this is basic ruk.

>powder website
>news
>latest entry

Its 26 for mindelay, which means its 20 for 1 delay. You do NOT want to invest 20 into anything for such a marginal return. If you invested that into magic, you would be very close to having cblink/tornado/shatter online. Or you could just dump all that experience into fighting/dodging and so on.

I have checked the archives, and all I've turned up is a dead filedropper link from a few weeks ago.

guys
guys listen
what if
the trove actually ate your rune instead of looking at it

But an ogre of experience does not get you the same progress from 10 to 11 Fighting at level 8 as it does at level 15, which makes the OE rather useless for skill calculations.