/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, July 5th:
1809 – The largest battle of the Napoleonic Wars, the Battle of Wagram is fought between the French and Austrian Empires.
1811 – Venezuela declares independence from Spain.
1884 – Germany takes possession of Cameroon.
1940 – World War II: The United Kingdom and the Vichy France government break off diplomatic relations.
1943 – World War II: German forces begin a massive offensive against the Soviet Union at the Battle of Kursk, also known as Operation Citadel.

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 13 - Warrior Women
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-2-dd-13-pagans-advisors-and-warrior-women.955632/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.1 - 20/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qxcqoCjRPTE
steamcommunity.com/groups/grandstrategygeneral#
steamcommunity.com/groups/grandstrategygeneral/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Incoming butthurt.

How big is the learning gap between HOI4 and HOI3. Got tired of HOI4. Can I just jump in and play HOI3? Or should I do a lot of research?

Breaking news

w-what are you?

Pretty big

For you

water is wet lad

How am i supposed to defeat Ming as Mandschu?

In earlier versions they often lost the mandate of heaven and broke into smaller kingdoms, but now they are always stable and expand to the west

So I conquered the Pyrenees and Guyenne from France. Should I go for option 1, 2, 1 and 2, or 3 and give Italy access to the Atlantic?

ARUMBA

you aren't

It's just OP posting it before linking to the old thread.

Must have mods for HOI4?

What is the Merc company trick?

t. OP aka R&I aka HPM aka Rob aka reddit

A rumba?
youtube.com/watch?v=qxcqoCjRPTE

Arumba is a pussy, fuckin faggot can't take ýoutube comments

Both Baudouin and Eirene had their birthdays in early January. Before her death, they usually celebrated them together. Yet now January merely passed in a haze, one filled with books and little Ildegarde, who still did not fully understand that her mother was not returning to her. The little girl oft looked out the windows of the palace, gazing at the road leading to its base for a sign of a noble woman--her mother, no doubt--approaching. Baudouin continually attempted to explain that she would not see her mother again on this Earth, but the little eight-year-old could not--or would not--understand. Baudouin did not blame her overmuch. He wished he, too, could hide from the truth.

He had changed in the months since Eirene's death. He had stopped taking care of himself as rigorously as he had in the past, for one; his hair and beard, previously perfectly trimmed, was now left long and unkempt, and he now sometimes drank himself to inebriation. He had never been drunk before in his life, yet since Eirene's death he had gotten drunk thrice. He beat himself up over falling to pieces almost as much as he beat himself up for pressing Eirene for another child. Her death was his fault, he never doubted it.

Yet he saw her each night, as he had swore to her he always would, and remembered his promise to her: to love and care for their son, Aubry, as if he were her. He could not fall apart, could not be anything but strong, if he were to raise their son. And so he grieved in his own way, a slow, long grief which would eat at him until he, too, died. Then, and only then, could he see his beloved, and finally forget the pain he felt.

Yet, in the interim, he still had responsibilities. The management of the Kingdom he largely let slip, but in caring for his children, especially Aubry, he never wavered in the slightest. From the youngest possible age Aubry was raised with the full knowledge that he was to be King.

Better political map.

don't blob

>Play as a viking

>Raid anything

>Capture women, impregnate them and then abandon them

>Masturbate too much during to process

Fuck sake, I need to uninstall ck2 else all my skin on my cock will be ruined

>steal Byzantine Empress
>impregnate her
>get claim on the Empire
>conquer it

Damn the House of Lusignan to hell thrice over! None other than Baudouin's half-brother, Amaury de Lusignan, was discovered by Duc Boudewijn to be plotting against the life of his youngest daughter, Ildegard! In a mad fury, Baudouin ordered Amaury captured and brought before him.

"DID YOU BELIEVE YOU COULD HIDE YOUR ACTIONS FROM ME, BROTHER?" Baudouin raged at him as he knelt at his feet. "DID YOU BELIEVE YOU COULD STEAL FROM ME THE LIFE THAT WAS GIVEN TO ME BY SHE WHO I BELOVED MOST?"

Amaury was silent, and for a long time Baudouin, too, stood quietly. When he began again his voice was calm, but held within it was a cold fury all the more terrible than his screams. "Your father evaded justice once when he should not have; you will not find the same mercy. You will be removed to the dungeons, where you will be tortured, starved, dehydrated and beaten. Every day you will wish for death, but it will be long in coming, Amaury de Lusignan, I shall make sure of that. Such a price is the only recompense from attempting something so base as you have."

"Brother, I--"

"CALL ME BROTHER AGAIN," Baudouin screamed as he stood, spittle flying from his lips, "AND I WILL BEHEAD YOU HERE, MYSELF, BEFORE THIS THRONE!"

Amaury knelt, stunned, as Baudouin once again struggled to regain control of himself. Eventually, with an errant gesture, he signaled for Amaury to be removed to the dungeons, for the beginning of his torture. The young man went in silence, and was never seen in the outside world again.

A short while after his imprisonment Baudouin's mother Sibylla arrived to beg for a reduction in the sentence of her only other son, but Baudouin refused flatly. "Your husband should have burned for his plots against me long ago. I am sorry it is your son, sorry it is my brother, who must now suffer in his stead, but he is as rotten as his father. He threatened my family. He must, and will, die."

samefag

Based Bauduoin

I don't know why you thought this was funny.

How do I play that game?

Play CK2+ and pick raiding culture/faith

>how do i conquer empires
Capture the Emperor in combat for that sweet sweet 100% score. If you kill him its all ogre.

hi i'm Orlando Shooter and i'd like to stop these kikes

I've done this

>playing as zunist pagan
>capture a bunch of women
>concubine them
>have a bunch of kids
>years later I notice she has a claim on half of india
>wait until a child inherits (women can only push claims on children and other women)
>push her claim, the king was busy fighting a bunch of wars so I didn't have to fight much
>too old to have any more kids
>change to ultimogeniture, child inherits afghanistan and india

Sometimes you can also put your concubine on weak empire then swear fealty to her and plot to replace her because you are male.
Because she lacks provinces she will accept it every time.

Back to l.eddit you go phamalam

*teleports behind you*

not so fast, kid

After the aborted plot on Ildegarde's life, several years passed with few changes in the Kingdom. Sibylla (the Queen Mother) stayed far away from the royal palace and remained chilly to her son over his cruel treatment to his half-brother, whereas Sibylla (the daughter) returned from her long stay with... some northern baron under whom she was tutored, but little else about the daily events of the palace shifted. Baudouin was happy to have all that remained of his family present with him once again, but nothing, not even his children, could ever fill the void that the loss of Eirene had created within him. If he was less distant with his offspring around him, it did not mean that he was once again the same man he was before her death.

Finally, in the summer of 1221, an event took place which forced Baudouin out of his melancholy routine: Pope Sergius V, upon hearing of the weakness of the Ayyubid Sultanate due to a conflict with the powerful Nubian tribes to the south, called for a Crusade to seize the heart of Aegyptus from them. All Christian lords were called upon to participate and, as usual, remission of sins was offered for those who did.

Baudouin had never forgiven himself for the death of Eirene, and remained certain to that day that he had somehow been its cause. Perhaps he had sinned, and her death was his punishment; perhaps it was punishment because he pushed her too hard. The particulars did not matter. All that mattered to Baudouin was his certainty that his wife's death could be lain at his feet.

Then came the Crusade. It offered not only an opportunity to grant something of permanence to his children, but also the remission of whatever sins he had committed that saw his wife dead, and the assurance that he would see her once again in heaven, whatever his crime had been.

Baudouin could not refuse such an opportunity. He pledged his loyalty to the cause of the Pope the same day he received word of the Crusade.

not a game

thoughts on the new ck2 dlc?

>maimed replaced with "lost left hand", "lost right hand", "lost right eye", and so on
>bunch of new quests
>more events for pagans + defensive buffs

Could you show a map of Europe?

Noob question, lads.

How do I select multiple wings in a province? I try to press ctrl+click, shift+click and nothing works.

Have you guys seen the cuck shit the group is doing?

In an effort to stem the tide of hateful antics and toxic vernacular eminating from the alt-right, we have decided to issue a blanket ban on all uses of the word c*ck from /gsg/ and all of its satellite groups, including but not limited to /pol/.

C*ckoldry is a healthy sexual lifestyle to be enjoyed between consenting partners of varying melanin levels. It is not and should never be used an insult to describe non-rightwing individuals.

I hope this clears a lot of tension up in the group. Please note that breaking this rule will result in an instant and unappealable permanent ban from all /gsg/ satellite groups.

Best,
Turkslayer

I'm playing EU4 as Austria and I have force converted all protestant princes in the empire. The game still tells me there is religious unrest, so I can't enact reforms. THe protestant league is still up and as members who are now catholic again. It also has a bunch of outside powers like catholic France, fucking islamic Ottomans and Denmark. How do I make this shit go away?

Define blob.

What group might that be?

No one cares, fuck off back to your group.

yeah it's fucking bullshit

The steam group of course.

steamcommunity.com/groups/grandstrategygeneral#

You had beautiful bordercrafting material at your disposal and you ruin it by making that. Please don't ever post in my general.

>being a moody riled up c*ckold
and you wonder why you're such an abyssal failure

Why the fuck are you even paying attention to the steam group. It's full of faggots anyway, and playing games with or associating with people who browse Veeky Forums outside of Veeky Forums is just fucked up.

Burgundy wouldn't actually accept my offer.

can't wait to download it!

quiet you 14 year old, I didn't give you permission to post in my thread

will someone get b& for anti-aryanism?

That's terrible, it would've been a groundbreaking, conceptual piece of border art. I wouldn't even bother if it were achieved by using the console.

Shut up shitlord, Veeky Forums is containment and so is this thread.

Reminder that we are currently undergoing a steamgroup raid

>le borders xDD forced meme
fuck off reddit you're not funny

Peace of Wesphalia

Based Turdslayer

you don't want the peace of Westphalia. you want victory in the league war in Catholic favor

>talking and thinking in Veeky Forums memes
man, I can tell you don't go outside a lot

>maimed replaced with "lost left hand", "lost right hand", "lost right eye", and so on
>bunch of new quests
>more events for pagans + defensive buffs
Literally shit modders could do.

I mean that's ok for a patch, but the maimed stuff is behind a DLC wall. From this kind of shit I expect new mechanics and content that modders can't do, not something any fucking modder can do.

Not without spoiling things, mind, because I played a little bit ahead last night. Click at your own risk.

turkslayer is trolling you hard you demented autist
why do you guys keep falling for steamgroup bait

It's getting too Groß

Yeah, but how do I trigger this? Just attack the Protestant League leader? I have converted all Protestant princes in the empire now, so I don't understand why a number of them are still in the wrong League.

they have to declare war on you. if they don't Catholic will become the dominant faith in a few decades

Great retort son, now get in the steamgroup and circlejerk over your mother getting fucked by a nigger with the rest of your sjw cuck friends.

Unfortunately for Christendom--and particularly unfortunately for Baudouin--the Sultan of Egypt was able to call upon more than just his own troops; he also had access to the soldiers of the Turkish Sultan of Rum, 12,000 well-trained and exceptionally-drilled men, with an overwhelming number of horse archers which Christian forces had always struggled to adequately counter. Worse still, these forces were marching through Jerusalem on their way to Egypt, and it was left to Baudouin to stop them.

Thankfully, Baudouin's treasury was overflowing with gold, and, in addition to receiving the support of holy orders, he was able to call upon a mercenary company of Turkish horse archers to counter those of the Sultan. Over a month of hard-fought skirmishes and pitched battles, Jerusalem's new chief commander, none other than Comte Alchamil, was able to crush the Turkish forces in St-Abraham, force them to retreat into Ascalon, and break them there in their entirety.

Now, however, comes an entirely different test: Ayyubid forces now march across the Sinai en route to Darom. Furious with their Ayyubid brother for turning his back on them and leading Christian armies, they hope to break the back of the Jerusalemite endeavor here, and to string up Alchamil by his neck.

and I should add that League membership is not tied to religious affiliation. countries will join leagues opposite of their rivals for political reasons

>being this easily provoked
and you wonder why girls at school ignore you and your friends make fun of you. great job you irrelevant non-male

you seem pretty obsessed with this interracial stuff user

its only a meem

>Getting this upset over Turkslayer jokes
Embarrassing.

Literally never seen this happen before. Please show me more.

Great. There are no heretic princes in the empire, so now I just sit on my ass and wait? Need to enact reforms man.

yeah you can do fuck all but wait at this point lad

So really what I should have done is let Protestant/Reformed spread all over the place so the League Wars would trigger?

the wars will trigger either way. you did the right thing

you should quit the game and take a walk outside your basement

For the Mohammedan, it was a dream not to be. Dug in at Darom and still receiving support from multiple holy orders and his mercenary horse archer company, the Ayyubids could not hope to break Baudouin's lines at Darom. The way into the heart of Aegyptus is now open, and is already being flooded by zealous Crusaders, chief among them Geoffrey II Plantagenet of Somerset, who is the greatest lord, aside from Baudoin, to pledge himself to the Crusade.

In mid-March, Baudouin's forces reach the delta of the Nile river in an area the local refer to as Ushmun Tannah. "I have set out on Crusade," Baudouin proclaimed solemnly as his forces began to invest the local fortress, "and in so doing I have purged myself of my sins. God above, hear my prayer: keep me on this earth only for as long as I must remain! Let me see my son grow into a man, then take me from this hellish place and return me to the arms of my wife in paradise above! Amen."

The wars don't trigger if you keep all the electors catholic IIRC.

Do you get laid often? Just curious.

I spent five hours yesterday to play 24 years and you zoomed through most of the campaign in a couple of hours. Why is the world so unfair to linux cucks?

even so, it's only going to take a few years longer to auto-win. never let opposing faiths spread in the empire

You should write a romance.

>hey guys i know the funny feel guy meme
>hey guys i know the funny cuck meme

leave our board

Guess I can focus on taking rightful imperial clay from France in the meantime.

Not sure what you want to see, though.

I had a break of about 1 hour in there as well

Don't forget to join Grand Strategy General, /gsg/'s official steam group and the best place on the internet for the discussion and enjoyment of grand strategy games.

steamcommunity.com/groups/grandstrategygeneral/

Someone will get gassed for anti-aryanism

So, considering South-Western Europe is looking decent at the moment, I think I'm going to move on from Italy at this point. They've restored the bastion of Catholicism.

Any suggestions as to what to do next? I'd like to try and clean up the British Isles first, but I'd like to hear your suggestions.

France seems quite interesting
Do some colonizing with em

On the 28th of June 1222, the Sultan's palace at Damanhur was successfully breached. His family was absent, but the symbolic victory was all that was necessary to proclaim the Crusade successful. With Rumite forces shattered and Ayyubid forces divided along three theaters, the war is, for all intents and purposes, over. All that remains is to divide the realm.

Initially Geoffrey Plantagenet attempts to assert his claim to the Kingdom, arguing that he was the one to seize the palace at Damanhur and that he is the only major lord involved in the Crusade who lacks a Kingdom. Yet, although Geoffrey is a pious lord, his piety pales in comparison to that of Baudouin V, whose name is known as a synonym for a good Christian throughout Europe. The Pope sides firmly in his favor, pointing out especially the money that Baudouin paid from his own coffers to raise mercenaries for the fighting, and his single-handed defeats of the two main Mohammedan forces, which otherwise would have crushed Geoffrey's own troops. Pope Sergius V, therefore, hands over the Kingdom to Baudouin, and the very next day he is crowned Baudouin I of Misr (the official documents of the realm did not change the Kingdom's title from the local Arabic to the proper Latinized Aegyptus for several months) in Cairo.

Geoffrey is at the verge of leaving Egypt feeling cheated, but at the last moment Baudouin reveals to Geoffrey that he does not intend to keep the Kingdom for himself. "I am merely its steward," Baudouin assures him, "waiting for an opportunity to present it to one I hold most dear. I know that such a thing does not console you from the loss of the realm, but take solace in that fact that I, too, will not profit from these lands."

Although he is indeed not consoled overmuch, Geoffrey nevertheless appreciates Baudouin attempting to mend things between them before he leaves. The young Plantagenet lord sails back to Somerset empty-handed, but with a slightly lighter heart.

Please just try to break the big green blob.
Or try to, at least, restore Eastern Europe.

What should I even do at this point? Spam prestige techs while racking up the immigrants?

I'll try do this as the Byzantines. Two goals at once, though considering Persia's strength, it'll probably end in failure.

They're still Zoroastrian and also haven't unlocked the exploration idea yet, so it'll be another few decades before I can have them start colonising. Galicia's the only one that's actually exploring the new world.

>damageless void losing
>again

who'd have thought