/edg/ Elite: Dangerous General

>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The more population the better.

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left until you have a Vulture or better.

>Pilots Guide:
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437&p=664610&viewfull=1#post664610

>Steam Group (post your commander info in the announcement so we can add you)
steamcommunity.com/groups/dangerousgeneral

>Change HUD color:
pcgamer.com/how-to-change-the-colour-of-your-ships-hud-in-elite-dangerous/
arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

>Markets Tools:
eddb.io/trade/loops
elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Ship discounts (report these as you find them)
All systems exploited by Li Yong-Rui have a discount on ships and outfits for example:
NU TAURI - Parmitano Terminal
BD+28 413 - Gunn Station

>Horizons? Engineers? What?
Horizons DLC added planetary landings, explore planets with the blue icon and gather materials for special boosts, ammunition or Engineer upgrades that modify your ship modules.
>List of Engineers & blueprints:
inara.cz/galaxy-blueprints
inara.cz/galaxy-engineers

>Test your ships before you buy:
edshipyard.com/
coriolis.io/

>/edg/ faction stuff from the previous thread:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rDxVVfavgiEdr9CbNS51j9wYHpXyz25H7uu7O6TeDzA/edit#gid=0

Don't you dare buy a Cobra, we'll know.
>praise the vision

PREVIOUS THREAD:

Other urls found in this thread:

coriolis.io/outfit/orca/2p5tkFflsdlsif42i2i2i----2d2d2d2d2b292727.Iw18SQ==.Aw18SQ==
twitter.com/AnonBabble

user please
let it go

>10 pages
>15 threads per page
>150 games
You telling me Elite cant compete to be top 150 on vg?
I don't want this thread to die ;_;
where will I shitpost during long and boring grind?

Did they state when tourism mode is coming out?

Ded on arrival

I guess even discussing Elite is a boring grind.

/thread

The boring grind worthwhile in life is the one I do inside your mom's asshole.

SPESS

reminder

>in space no one can hear you yawn

is this thing comfortable to play with keyboard and mouse only?

comfortable enough

scale of comfy:

xbox controller > keyboard > HOTAS

efficiency:

HOTAS > xbox controller > keyboard

lying down on the bed or slumped on the couch is comfy as fuck when you're just exploring or going from a to b

a wired 360 controller is dirt cheap nowadays anyway

How is it not comfy with HOTAS?
I don't have one but just wondering, this game seems perfect to play with that and VR.

cool, I have a xbox controller tho, the thing is that I see a lot of people commenting on how good it is with hotas, but I'm into stuff like that, also they are pretty expensive in my country

HOTAS is pretty much a necessity if you're playing with VR, but as a long time user of M+KB, HOTAS is just a meme controller otherwise

You fags gonna watch Mission: Jupiter?

What is it?

>hotas is a meme
KB+M cannot compare ergonomically, which typically ends up being the deciding factor in a control interface rather than interface accuracy.

>How is it not comfy with HOTAS?

sittting upright close to your desk grabbing a penis with one hand and fiddling with knobs and levers with your other hand

would be better with VR, but eh. we might have different definitions of comfy. i guess you're more on the "comfy immersion" page and i'm more on the "comfy position/seating" page

like i mentioned, a HOTAS will be more effective than an xbox controller once you master it. much more effective, even. still, the controller does its job, and you can map a surprising amount of ship functions to it just using single button presses. if you're willing to go for combination presses you won't need your keyboard at all.

It's on the Science Channel and is about the Juno probe that got to Jupiter today.

Idk man, I can reach all my keybinds just fine. Plus, the mouse is more accurate for fixed weapons. HOTAS is cool for muh immersion, but, having played both ways, it's definitely not better, just different, and a lot more expensive

Fucking cock, I was writing to that older thread when it was still up and lost everything to "Thread archived".

Everyone is too busy traversing the length of the Universe.

It's funny but looking up x52 used, there are quite a few people willing to part it with descriptions like "it was a gift", "bought it for , played for two evening", "collecting dust on a shelf" selling in about half of full price.

Spess??

I think a lot of people buy stuff like flight or space sims and equipment like HOTAS without even knowing whether or not they'll like the game, or if they do, play it often enough to justify spending time setting up their gear.

>playing in open

Can someone explain this kind of dadthink to me?

Why the fuck do they not want basic social tools expected of every MMO to be implemented?

Forget the dads (davidbrabrenshittingintodadmouththankyoumaster.jpg)

The real question is, why doesn't FD attempt to improve anything about the multiplayer aspect of the game?

That is the biggest question. If they would stop putting out shitty, half-assed, grindy bullshit and focus instead on making this a great MMO, this game could be 'uge. Instead we get a new layer of grind on top of the old grind, forcing you into specific, unfun aspects of gameplay.

I'm turning off my life support until we get AT LEAST player group support.

bois

Ok, got a billion from Sothis runs (thank you, level 4 friendship drive on my Cutter) in 5 days. Now to play games until moar ships come out.

What's your loadout?

Dang, that's mighty rich!

stripped up lean-belly single-jump trader, armed to the teeth with multicannons.

only an a6 shield detracts from the cargo space, amounting to 728 units. couple of point defense units mounted to get the exact range necessary at the expense of boosters.

goes a long way in deep empire. good bit of money to be made with the economic alterations in mind. tycoon isn't taking very long in the grans scheme of things. all just honest trading and I have a fer-de-lance shacked up in shinrarta dezhra for killing.

i want to afford a fuckfitted anaconda and go crazy exploration modo with a jacked fsd

Is there a way to transfer spacebux between players? For example, how do dads put bounties on commandos? Do they pay in virtual dadbux? Do they say "We're both dads, we're on the same boat. Fly safe, dadmando o7" and that's it?

I'm shit at combat. Can't kill people even in my pimped out Corvette.

Tried exploration and wasn't my thing. I did that trip to Bagle point and back.

You buy slaves and dump them for others to sell. Veeeeery tedious. I used to do that for scrubs, but I don't think there are many new players anymore.

I think ED has one more season and then kaput. Maybe SC will be out by then *snigger*.

You're probably overthinking combat. Full multicannon anaconda is providing the easiest fights I've ever had.

THIS GAME IS SHIT! SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

They're terrified that guilds will turn the game into eve. Eve touched them in their no-no places.

Hello, commandos!

For the last few minutes I'm stuck traversing the witchspace. Taking high-resolution screenshots, picking and editing them and writing this message in comfort. It's a very special experience and so far no Thargoids nor anybody else has pulled me out of the hyperjump.

On a side note, I attempted to dadlify my HUD without sacrificing enemy on radar contrast. It needs more tweaking to make them yellower. BECAUSE PISS ON THEM! Friendos are blue and it's O'K.

FORBIDDEN EXPERIENCE

Alas, my trip is over, the game disconnected me "unable to connect to matchmaking servers" and required a restart. On return, I wasn't that much far from the star I left.

Does anyone honestly get enjoyment out of playing this game? Like, there are so many more games you could potentially be playing that's more stimulating or relaxing without the crappy annoyances that this game has.

Yes, I could even be masturbating, but I'm not. I'm playing Elite:Dangerous.

None of them have ever played Eve, they've only heard about it.

That's a clever one chum, but you didn't answer the question.

What's more relaxing? In your opinion, I mean, I could really use some help.
Don't say Subnautica

Personally, I think any of the 4X games popular right now is really nice for unwinding after work. Even conflict unfolds at your pace instead of the "oh shit" moments that you experience in ED.

If strategy is not your thing, I'd try something a little more hokey like Stardew Valley. Farming (literally), exploring, socializing with the town. Even get married, but without the perils of real women.

Not him but i don't like strategy that much for space sims, and i personally hate Stardew Valley, i'd rather just open up Space Engine or keep playing Elite or Arma or WF.

I don't think shooters are all that relaxing but to each their own. Especially when you mix in multiplayer and the pubies who just learned to swear.

I find EVE trade/industry to be strangely relaxing and comfy, but that's just me. I don't know why, but I find it relaxing to be part of the cog in the machine and know that I'm helping supply other players with shit they need. It's so nice to sit with a cup of coffee and calmly do some research on the market to see what I should trade next or what blueprints I should produce and research.

Ooh I haven't played a strategy game in a coon's age, that sounds like a good idea, thanks.

ED kind of grinds my gears because it doesn't have the social aspect that I always wished Elite/Oolite had, and it could and I thought was supposed to.

Yeah I saw that game on the sale but didn't click on it ever, the hokey art style really turned me off. If WF = grindfarm stay fast bro

Have to agree with you on this one, unless it's a private/friends only instance/server kind of thing. I've had some really relaxing times with /gtag/ for instance.

That sounds perfect but I'd be going in knowing nothing about the game/economy. EVE is something I've always been interested in but never gave a chance, for various reasons.

I would stay away from EVE unless you have a massive amount of time to invest in it. It's pretty much a second job.

Yeah, that is a concern. I do have four days free a week, but have come to the realization that I don't want anything that feels like a second job. Black Desert is a great example of that, beautiful game but I barely played it 8 weeks before giving up.

>That sounds perfect but I'd be going in knowing nothing about the game/economy

You don't really need any knowledge going in, you can learn all you need, but a basic/intermediate understanding of economics is a plus. I didn't know jack shit about anything going in, I just knew that trading sounded neat, and I've actually learned quite a bit about economics just by playing EVE and researching related topics whenever I had some free time and felt like doing some reading.

As this user said though, EVE is a hard game to play unless you have a fuckton of time to put into it. I have a full time job and play it, but it is practically the only game I play any more, but it's got me hooked and I've been playing it pretty religiously for some time now. I have actually fiddled with it and played Elite with EVE running in the background, alt tabbing between the two to check my market orders on EVE, and it worked great.

The main thing that keeps me away from it is the sub fee, I know I'd never truly relax because I'd be obsessed with "getting my money's worth"
Economics has always been an interest though, playing the market is usually my end game in online games.

I can understand that. I personally feel like I do, I enjoy my time playing the game. Also, you can pay with your sub with PLEX that you can buy with ingame money, which you can easily do once you get into trading. If you're looking for economic gameplay, I really don't think there's a game that can beat EVE, and if there is I'd love to know.

>orca
>multipurpose
>not a ship for murderous dickbags

>hauler
>not exploration

Eh you only need to put as much time into eve as you want to feel you're getting value out of your $15.

At the start I played constantly just for the sake of playing, it was a huge new universe to explore.

After years of playing, and taking part in every single aspect of the game I only logged on for a few hours a week to do some nulsec exploration for fun, and sold every ship I owned except for my covops and prowler.

sup guys.

How do I into mining? I need some Osmium for Engeniggers and I would like to try it out. I have ASPe avaliable ( I dont want to strip down my conda.

>prowler

My nigga. I'll stop now since this isn't /dog/.

Equip your shit with:
>Mining laser
>Refinery
>Collector drones
>Cargo racks
Bonus:
>Prospector drones

Then go into an asteroid belt or RES or I don't fucking care where, but somewhere that has asteroids to point your twinklers at.
Collect the minerals.
Lose your will to live.

Mining lasers, cargo racks, processing plant, limpet controller, probe launcher, and a fair amount of limpets.
Find a pristine metallic ring, probe rocks, shoot rocks, collect rocks.

/r/equesting loadout for a murdermachine Orca

This should work out. Torpedoes optional. coriolis.io/outfit/orca/2p5tkFflsdlsif42i2i2i----2d2d2d2d2b292727.Iw18SQ==.Aw18SQ==

No one survives from a direct hit from this bad boy.

s p e s s

Yes.
I don't know why, but I find the setting to be nice. SPEEESSSS.
And I like listening to a podcast and doing mindless busywork after a day of work/studying.
Also the combat is satisfying. It's limited enough to be easy and straight forward without requiring you to be a master of movement vectors to rekt NPCs.
It looks really pretty to my eye and sounds amazing.
Am I a dad? Not literally. I'm fucking 22, but I understand the dad mentality in that sense. HOWEVER, I do acknowledge this game is a load of wasted potential and there's a ton of issues that when fixed would make this game nigh on perfect. But whatever. Life is miserable anyways.

Why is it so dark? What's going on here?
Why is your radar disk close on the front but the actual hud is obscured by something and far away?

It's what happens when you take a high-resolution screenshot in witchspace.

This one should clear things up, it's my icourier's toilet seat, but the radar is camera-bound for some reason.

So this is the power of the vision

Wow. I truly wonder what kind of shit they employ to take screenshots when it can fuck up like that.

Not that I'm complaining or wanting this fixed over something else. Just.. ugh.. surprised.

danger!

Undadded my scheme a bit more, poured more piss in it. Green might a bit too yellowish, but as you can see on heat icon, critical AOA and descent speed indicators, warning "red" stands out.

Portraits on a mission board look super scary though.

Dead

and mouse isn't even as accurate as joystick as we have established multiple times before

>a lot more expensive
Nigga you can get a hotas for like $30.

ITT: Dads trying to find excuses for the buyer's remorse after they wasted money on useless $200 dildos

Fun story
I tried flying with mouse just for the hell of it.
I couldnt figure out how to fit my conda theough the mail slot. If I tried to roll I'd yaw and if I tried to yaw I'd roll. Switch back to joystick and I breeze through it at full speed no problem.

It's good we have you resuscitating this thread.

Ughh... I've been playing flying games with a HOTAS for the past 6 years and couldn't even imagine using KB+M. I have zero experience from gamepads, but their lack of buttons bothers me.

Sometime I bought Elite Dangerous, but never got to playing it, because... Well, reasons. Im installing it now. I don't feel like purchasing horisons, will it gimp me in any way?

Enjoy your honeymoon phase. The game is really good the first hours. Seriously. Enjoy it.

Will she turn into a tyranic bitch and get fat right after the honeymoon?

No. You realise she's dead and you are fucking a corpse.

Horizons will lengthen your honeymoon phase by 15-25%

>and get fat right after

Not if she values her longevity

rofl

I don't know why but I really enjoy this game.... help?

So am I. Just embrace the warm clutches of the Vision.

H O N E Y M O O N

>take salvage mission
>go to target system
>honk
>mission updated: go there
>go there
>drop
>nothing
>not even a clue

are salvage missions bugged or what

>tfw you submit a well-written and detailed bug report complete with pictures and the support crew tells you you did a good job and that your report would help them

They can be unstable, and have been since Horizons launched. Accept at own risk.

That's because the X52 is a chintzy piece of shit. Feels like it's worth about $40

It's the only game currently available where you can hands-on fly a space ship in a massive open world. Well, I guess there's Evochron Legacy, also, but this game is much better looking and more people play it.