Summarizing success books

Since we're busy people, and since success books usually take fifty pages before they get to their lesson, let's summarize success books in one sentence.

I'll start.

>save a penny a day and in roughly ten years you'll have $36.50

I like the thread idea desu familia

Hmm I can't think of the best way to break this to one sentence cause Its really 7 ideas but I can compress it to 5

> Read, Read, research, the more you know the more interesting topics you will have to discuss, knowing what a potential contacts interests are before hand is a boon.

>Don't criticise, if you like something, tell the person.

>Smile more

>Never argue

Can't do one sentence, but I like this thread's basic premise

>Make a habit of constantly improving on your skills - don't get rusty

>Focus only on important shit and stuff you can do right now

>Stop looking at the world in terms of others as being your competitors or taking resources away from you, instead look at all transactions as mutually beneficial

>Believe you have control.

>Have clearly defined goals. And keep working towards them

>Shits fucked. You can plan and research all you want but when you come to the battle communication and keeping a clear head becomes difficult and you have to adapt to changing and new situations constantly.

>People who aren't your friends but whom you have regular contact with like (people in your office, a barber, a school bully, a clerk at the local council) have a incredible effect on your life and understanding how they affect you can open the door to many synergies and opportunities professional and personal

Apparently this book is all wrong, the original researches said something like

>If you have 10000 hours of practice at something and you still aren't an expert, you will NEVER be you can become an expert in only 1,000 but if you pass 10,000 without getting there then forget it.

CONCERNING THE QUESTION OF THE STRATEGY AND TACTICS OF THE RUSSIAN COMMUNISTS. J. STALIN

>Don't take the government head on, bide your time with propaganda and slogans (propaganda, agitation, directive )building up support and instigating unrest then when there is utter chaos or a crises strike the biggest target or obstacle first clearing the way for you to take power
>In military conflict always stay true to the strategy despite whatever loses or setbacks you will have overall the strategy will come to redeem itself

>People don't like to be made out to be liars or when they are given something, even tokenistic, feel indebted.
>People want to fit in but if you want them to do something don't phrase it as a request or demand "many people choose to" as opposed to "we'd like it if you..."
>Speak like you know what your talking about, with confidence, slightly rapid, but not so rapid as to seem like a snakeoil salesman
>Mirror someone, people like people like themselves, duh.

Oh, and lay of the facelifts.

Bump.

>Don't worry about the small things, focus on the big picture and that will win the day

>Believe you will succeed and you will succeed

>Think big, and you will make it big or at least small

>Instead of thinking of reasons why you won't succeed, think of reasons why you will succeed

>smile more

>let's summarize success books in one sentence.
Every success book ever :
You will get motivated today and back to your lazy sack of shit self tomorrow

Don't forget
>You deserve more... not all the other billions of people of earth, and there is no contradiction with the fact that thousands have bought and read this book... but you, holding this right now, are the one I care about and deserve more

Something I forgot to mention here is that TSE has another great concept in it, course-correction. That is, when you deviate from a goal, either due to laziness, boredom, or just life getting in the way, you can always "course-correct" and achieve that goal at a later date. This is especially poignant since many people seem to believe that by simply deviating from a goal for a few months or years means that they have lost any and all progress made, when that is simply not true.

I guess you would have to believe you deserve wealth before you can take the steps to acquire it, so it's right in that regard.

>you can always "course-correct" and achieve that goal at a later date.
Does it say anything about making that course correction immediate. Because I know for me I could take it as a license to procrastinate or get distracted. But if you force yourself to correct immediately I could see how it would mitigate that procrastination while getting you back to where you need to be.

>I guess you would have to believe you deserve wealth before you can take the steps to acquire it, so it's right in that regard.
It's an interesting paradox though, because most of the people will read it and still do nothing extraordinary or not move towards riches, yet it's the simple belief that you can which opens the door to those riches becoming tangible.

Malcolm Gladwell is one of the gayest nigger and he made the 10,000 hours meme, fuck that guy.

BUMP.

He doesn't say anything about making the correction immediate. He just recommends course-correction as an alliterative to a "full-collapse". He used the example of a person on a diet to accentuate his point. Many times, a person on a diet who, one day, strays from their diet and eats a bowl of icecream will undergo a "full-collapse", forfeit their diet, and conclude that any and all progress made was for naught so they may as well keep eating icecream. His "course-correction" strategy is meant to curb this "full-collapse" by reasoning that progress is not simply lost through one, or even a few, wrong choices.

But I see your point about taking it as a license to further procrastinate, so I guess his lesson of course-correction cuts both ways.

>It's an interesting paradox though, because most of the people will read it and still do nothing extraordinary or not move towards riches, yet it's the simple belief that you can which opens the door to those riches becoming tangible.

As a self-help junkie, I find myself all too often reading a plethora of self-help books without really applying any of the advice given. It's almost as if the knowledge that I CAN improve is satisfying enough and I don't actually need to improve. There's a weird psychology behind it, which I believe is the reason why the self-help industry is so massive.

>It's almost as if the knowledge that I CAN improve is satisfying enough and I don't actually need to improve.
Sounds like someone's fallen for the meme

I'M JUST JOKING...
But that's really insightful about "full collapse", it's kind of an inversion of that advice they give to smokers. Like if I had 3 months without smoking, and then I have a day of weakness, the worst thing I can do is give up and start smoking again... and even if I have another day, or a whole weak of weakness, it's better that I've reduced my smoking rather than not trying to quit at all.

Making even sporadic or fractured progress towards your goal is better than not making any progress at all.

>Making even sporadic or fractured progress towards your goal is better than not making any progress at all.

Yep, that's Olson's point on the matter.

Im going to be reading this here soon, but I had a professor summarize it like that, but with ofcourse more bullet points.