Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/264710/
Wiki: subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Subnautica_Wiki

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=al-2c6CeNeQ
subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Eggs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When can we date our base

First for not buying an EA game

Just realized the claws are the actual creatures that are attached to the balloons.

nth for Octo when.

Whoopee for you.

Fuck Stalkers, fuck them for not dropping teeth. Is there a better way than waiting forever for them to chip one tooth on the Seamoth? I'm 4 Enameled Glass from making the Cyclops, and I want to make it today.

When can we color our base? When will there be more cosmetics added to the base? When will there be stairs or elevators added to the base? When can we resize picture frames? When can we make one really tall room instead of multiple small rooms stacked on top of one another?

It's risky, but if you drop salvage metal near them they'll sometimes drop teeth.
Best prepare some health packs first though.
Am I the only one annoyed at having an entire locker fucking stuffed with health packs I never use? I wish I could deconstruct them into bleach or something

Or domesticate them and drop them at an open clear spot with some salvage. They won't attack you and it'll be easy to see the teeth since it won't be obscured by kelp grass

As far as I've seen teeth dropping on Seamoth bite is a meme. Just throw out some metal wreckage on front of a few and let them play with it for a few minutes.
>Risky
Thats what stasis gun is for.

I don't know about you but I don't want to play snake eater every time I climb my deep sea shaft.
These rooms are cramped enough as it is I don't know about wanting a staircase shoved in.
And a tall room? I gotta know what you'd use that for, seems like it'd be a lot of wasted space since you can only reach so high, it might be neat if it was a huge aquarium though.

Anyone wants to see what the updated Lost River looks like in Experimental Mode, either head there or watch this.

youtube.com/watch?v=al-2c6CeNeQ

Looks like it's gonna be hella spooky.

>and a tall room?
Variety mostly. Everything feels so samey. Plus I think it would look cool if a tall room with a spiral staircase led to your observatory.

>Steal a couple Stalker Eggs
>Put 'em in a Containment
>Wait until they breed a couple more
>Take out one or two and release them in a nice open field nearby
>They won't attack you ever because you raised them
>Drop a couple salvage
>Come back to collect teeth

I mostly just want new room types. One enormous room to build rather than multiple little multipurpose rooms.
Rooms now feel a little too cramped with something in the middle. I wanted to save space and put my water filters in the same room as my fish tanks but they clip into each other because of how small the rooms are.

Multipurpose rooms should be an exception, something you make when you just want storage space or some shit, not the majority of your base.

The bases do feel a little cramped sometimes so a room that's the size of two multi purpose ones wouldn't be so bad.

Also customizing the cyclops would be a lot easier if you could do it from the outside.

I'd like to be able to have a glass ceiling and/or floor for MP rooms

I'm missing Degasi voice log 3, where be it? I've scoured the islands and that sunken base from top to bottom but I can't for the life of me find it.

Does 34328 have the lost river, or just 329?

Being a piratefag sucks sometimes

I got a question for you all. So I was out in my seamoth in the grassy plateau about 200m down when I heard something spooky. It sounded kinda like a dragon from Skyrim, but more echoey. It was getting dark and I didn't have any mods on my seamoth so I ran away. Did I hear a reaper?

Not sure, looks like you'll need the latest build you can get.

>inb4 updating nukes my save

I started in an area that has like seven stalkers nearby. I had three teeth by the second day.

>They won't attack you ever because you raised them
that's not true though. never release carnivores outside your base

well shit, I guess mine bugged out cause I've released five safely and have been farming teeth since

this is gonna come back to bite me, isn't it?

Piss defensive system when?

Speaking of which, I was grabbing some materials when suddenly I grabbed a Nutrient Block, a Bottle of water and a couple other starting supplies.

The fuck did I find?

No they're friendly, the only creatures that are not friendly after you raised them in your tank are Gasopods and Mesmers.
Gasopods still drop their ass bubbles if you go near, and Mesmers will still trance you.
If you stand in the way of a Stalker when it's trying to go somewhere it'll hurt you, same with a Crabsnake, but they don't chase or attack you unless you harm them.

their AI confines them to the area you released them in but they will still attack if you get close. I released a stalker outside my kelp forest base so it could look more lively. Sometimes he was near my hatch when I left and I got an unpleasant surprise.

subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Eggs
>An aggressive creature will not attack the player if it is hatched in the aquarium, allowing the player to scan it. However, if it is released outside, it will revert to its aggressive behavior.

Just made my Repulsion Cannon. What are some fun things to repulse? Besides Reapers and Crabsquids, of course.

Women
I do it all the time

It's on the island. IIRC it's on the floor on the path leading up to the abandoned base

Try it out for yourself then, they're not hostile.

Bigger question, when are we getting domes you can build over your base so you can build without being out in the water?
Or maybe a shield generator that'll keep dangerous shit away so you can build in more dangerous places

They usually eat whatever is around the base but they don't go after me

I did, the stalker kept attacking me If I got close.
he has a very small aggro range compared to regular ones but he does attack me.
are you guys using the stable build? I'm on experimental, maybe that's it

>x10 enameled glass
>x5 plastered ingots
>place a large reinforced glass dome around your base

That would be boss af.

The Crabsnake fucking dissapears though, he comes over at night sometimes, but only when I'm inside the base. Then he just kinda fucks off for a while.
I've got no idea why, probably something to do with his AI.

I'm on stable yeah, it might be a bug but I've never had trouble with any of the eggs I've released

Crabsnakes need a Mushroom, he's likely clipping into the ground doing his waiting in a shroom thing.

I'd reallt be into some basic walls you can build so yoy can make custom rooms the size you want them to be.
Glass roof would be cool too.
What i'd really be into is different room themes so I can have a cozy cigar lounge like on the nautilus.

Pipe organs when

I let him go and he ran away, came back that night and freaked me the fuck out. I wonder if you could plant a mushroom for him to live in, that'd be cool.

Also i don't know if I mentioned it in one of my other posts, but just because they aren't hostile doesn't mean they don't hurt you. I ran into the crab snake and he did damage to me.
Also when I dropped some copper a Stalker darted towards it and damaged me because I was directly between him and the shiny.
Honestly i really love this idea of fish you raise not being hostile to you, I hope it isn't a bug.

Are Crabsnake eggs available on Stable? I've gone through all the jellyshrooms, and I've not found an egg. The two Crabsnakes that were here are also gone, and haven't respawned.

Once I started building a base I suddenly thought "wow, this reminds me of the Big Shell from MGS2"

And now I feel an intense need to recreate the Big Shell

I tried my damnedest but I couldn't find any Crabsnake or Mesmer eggs so I spawned them in.

I wonder how good this stuff tastes.All that sci-fi shit would likely make it pure h2o, but what does pure water taste like?

Doesn't taste like anything.

Its tasteless.

I unironically do not like the taste of water.

Like nothing. Pure water has no minerals or salts or anything to give it taste. Actually, I think 100% pure water is bad for you.

It probably tastes like soft water.

Why

Shit you know what, I'm curious now, I wonder if you can just raise sandsharks, bonesharks, and stalkers, then just stick them in a bio reactor.
Seems like the ultimate dick move to my loving babies but if they're just going to turn hostile when I release them I wonder if they make good fuel sources.

>it all returns to nothing

Would love building a Gungan style city. Star Wars prequel hate be damned.

>lights in my cyclops don't turn off
>window is covered in awful glare
>watch a Subnautica video
>there cyclops has none of this

WHAT
THE
FUCK
SENPAI

>I wonder if you can just raise sandsharks, bonesharks, and stalkers, then just stick them in a bio reactor.

You sure can

>unity

July update when?

I wanna not get anything done in experimental mode again

Check your graphics settings freindpai, also the lights are to your right in the ship, and if you click on the icon to your left when driving you can look through the cameras, which is an easier way to drive.

Well looks like I've got egg hunting to do.

Marblemelons and/or lantern fruit work better

I'm imagining Swan Lake playing while the Sea Dragons do an aquatic ballet.

Yeah having tons of fruits to power it is pretty easy.
But using creatures like that should net you tons of power.
Could you imagine stuffing a baby reaper into a bio reactor?

Reefbacks give 1000 units of power (at least according to the wikia), though their eggs are pretty rare (if they even spawn currently).

Back to /agdg/ with you!

I spawned in a reefback egg the other day, when it hatches I'll stick it in the bio reactor. Honestly I never thought to do this.

>yfw it turns out the in-game days are actually that fast because it's an alien planet and you actually built a seabase and a submarine within less than earth day

graphics are set to highest apparently

I've found the light switch, but turning it on or off just turns placed items black. Light level doesn't actually change.

>Complete solar eclipse that lasts longer than usual
>pitch black outside
>swimming around your relatively shallow base
>Suddenly DOOKDOOKDOOK
Post your face when

What about using the cameras, is that any better than just looking out the window normally?

Do we know what to expect in or WHEN the next update is? I want my exo suit and research lab

>Blueprint farming in mushroom forest
>Hear an ominous roar really far in the distance
>Ignore it
>Get out of my seamoth to finish scanner room blueprint
>Roar suddenly goes from faint to really fucking loud
>Turn around
>This

I never screamed so hard in my fucking life.

Cameras are flawless, its just that the interior is borked for some reason.

pic related is what the windshield looks like, ignore the water. I spawned in another one just to see if that'd fix it.

Absolutely terrifying, if you get the electric burst upgrade for your seamoth you can get reapers to leave you alone for a bit

I think the reaper looks really silly, and not scary at all. The Crabsquid tho. That's a different story...

Why did you think ignoring the loud, ominous roar was a good idea user.

So my first eggs hatched into Gasopods, and they're fucking adorable.

What now? Do I have to throw them outside to get big? What happens if I do that, will they hang around my base and be my buds, or fart on me every time I try to leave my base?
Can I keep them in my tank as pets without any negative effects?

>legit or pirated copy
>version number
>PC specs

One or a combination of these is your problem.

Ahaha wow user, hit f8 and report that to the devs, honestly I've never seen anything like it.
Unless you're a naughty pirate boy, in which case try closing the game out and opening it again and see if that fixes it.

It's pirated

If you release them, they'll grow to full size, hang around the base, and fart every time you go near. Releasing any animal born in the alien containment makes it revert to its normal AI. Keeping them doesn't do anything but take up space in the tank, you can use them for bioreactor fuel.

Gasopods will still act hostile and drop gass bubbles, the fucking poison WILL destroy shit in your base if it blows up near you, so don't do that.
You can keep them in there as long as you want with no issue, as far as I know. If you get a bioreactor you can stick them in there for power.

They will fart on you. Leave em in your base as pets or fuel or throw em outside if you want more base decoration

Stick them into bioreactors.

84th for sticking a mesmer in a drone and having it be a pal that follows you around keeping you company

Post your base

>you will never have a Mesmer hypnotize you, use its weird quad-lips to pull off your wetsuit bottom, wrap those lips around your waist and thighs, and swallow your cock with its fleshy tube-mouth

What do you even use all those rooms for? I have like five rooms and that's plenty, and three are dedicated solely to fish tanks.

dude what the fuck

Honestly user....aesthetics, im going to try to separate my plants in a section, have my storages towards the back, making duplicate appliances and beds and such. Most of its empty but I finished it yesterday

The product of sexual liberation and women's suffrages.

Hes an Uber virgin who can't get laid or a gf because women are free to shit up things, so he retreats into fapping and becomes more degenerate and filthy over time until he literally cannot stop himself from publicly posting about sexual fantasies with fictional fish in a video game on an image board dedicated to video games.

Fight feminism, user.

Nah, have a girlfriend and a regular life, I just like to fantasize about blowjobs from alien fish.

If you think that's weird, you should look at the Reaper Leviathan lewd on paheal.

The tall tower is 3 Bio Reactors, 1 Nuclear Reactor, and a room full of Lantern Fruit.
The one behind the Observation deck has a tank full of Stalkers (I want to use Ampeels, but I can't find any damn eggs)
The one in the back is my storage. Each wall has 3 wall lockers. Also has a tank full of Reginalds.
Observatory has a fish tank and two Lantern Fruit trees. Fish tank has Holefish, Peeper, Boomerang, Eyeye, Airsack, Hoverfish, Spadefish, Hoopfish.

Before, I had a tower with 10 floors and a shitload of Reginalds in a 10 floor tank. Got a bit laggy, so I cut down on it.

I wonder how long your gf would stay with you when she figures out you like fish blow jobs you creepy, degenerate shithead.

>inb4 she already does and makes fish lips to get you off

>trying this hard

Calm down, son, life's too short to have raging fits on the internet over other people's fetishes.

Can I place ladders in stacked multipurpose rooms that have reactors/containment's in the center?

No it's not. It's entirely too long to have to go through life seeing retards and their degenerate fetishes.

>getting triggered over your shitty fetish being called shitty
It's time you reevaluate your life, son. Maybe don't post obvious b8?

Yes
Though you have to build a ladder for each individual room

It's also strange that the ladders you can build just teleport you up/down them even though the ladder in the lifepod has its own animation

>everything makes me upset, why must the world hurt me so, rofl no u so triggered le ebin bate maymay

Probably not yet