/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

He Who Knows Edition

Tips:
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Make sure you understand the romance system before you get too far: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

==================================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Previous Thread:

Not sure what happened to everyone.
Why did no one make a new thread?
I don't want you guys to give up already.

Oh I hope y'all will find this thread.

I'll bump until people arrive.

I'm here, user.

I had a whole bunch of questions for /ddg/, but now that the thread is actually up I've forgotten them all.

2lazy to copy paste OP

Good more people!

Copy you lazy shit.

Same reason you didn't make it, famalam.

I didn't make one because I saw the thread archived and assumed someone made a new one, then came back to check a few hours later.

Mods are asleep

Post cute

>you will never live peacefully with selene fishing and spending time together
why live

How about we post some more of my SEXY Arisen.

Woah, thanks for pulling it back up Xtranic.

I'm always here for /ddg/.
I never want to see this place die.

I've been around, but didn't want to start a new thread unless I had something to say, and I haven't had time to play in the last couple days because fuck me.

i don't think you've ever posted any pics of your SEXY one before

SEXY.

mine

Hmm, pretty good.
She reminds me of something. Although I can't figure out what.

Me too. Meh.

>say I'll walk with Symone
>leave town
>QUEST FAILED

oh well, i already decided to go through the game a third time

What's better to have, tall or short arisen?
I know that taller characters can keep more items before getting encumbered and that smaller characters run faster, but what else?

post megumin arisen and sliders

the fuck was up with this quest?
i thought i was coming in to do some secret covert work for the duchess not get pulled in to a crazy couples double cuckold BDSM session

Anyone a few units beneath the average height can run between certain monster legs and various other mid-combat openings. Loli and shota can crawl into goblin hidey holes in a section or two in the game but that alone isn't even close to worth the offsets.
Nude mod has an item burden modifier built in that really helps.

You can always choose loading the last hard save.
A quest failed create a checkpoint, but you can always load back to the last time you rested at an inn or touched a riftstone. No need to do make anoter game.

Tall character are less vulnerable to wind buffet (like what the drake and griffin do to push you back). They also have more range on their attacks and have more stamina, but they need more time to resplenish it.
Small character have smaller hitboxes, so they are harder to hit. They have less total stamina but they resplenish it very quickly. I think they also climb faster on monster but I don't know if it's true or not.

You'll have your chance at revenge later, maybe.

Nah, fuck Madeline's shop upgrade anyway. I'll either get it in a third, or not at all.

who

>say ill go on a walk with symone
>she trips and falls on her face
>she stays on the ground for a while
>figure maybe im supposed to help her up
>guard sees me touching up the ugly loli
>straight to jail
>can not load save
>can not return to checkpoint

So, if you hit an ore gather point with a weapon, the mine point breaks.

Is this common? idk, fucking catacombs

Looks like we're in Grace? Just entered the ur-dragon's room all set up to dish out some hurt and was notified I was to be awarded for my efforts and then shown a cutscene of the treasure room, always thought Grace period was a weak version of the dragon after someone killed it.

I mostly had things I wanted to bitch about probably.

I think that means the last Ur Dragon you fought was killed already.

Okay, after picking that shit up, leaving and re-entering I got a dragon with only one heart that was destroyed in one hit so I guess it is in Grace. Is the former just what happens if you contributed to a past dragon but missed Grace? Played a lot offline but never online.

DIE! DIE!! DIE!!!

Oh right, I'm also killing her dad this time. And I gave the guy the forged spellbook.

I'm a shitty Arisen.

BONES! WALKING BONES!

What are excavated items? From that guy who lives in the quarry?

>jrpg
blech

Only works with warrior weaps and certain skills/spells (frigor and gicel, for instance).

So, apparently the elemental damage on physical weapons doesn't scale off your magic stat despite appearing to on the status screen, but do magic skills cast with physical weapons scale with the weapon's magic? eg Grand Scension or Stone Forest. Making a gimmicky MA setup and don't know if I should go for framae or kunai (don't like how sapfire looks and already have two fire skills so I don't need a fire enchantment).

Works with bomb barrels and probably throwblasts/dragon's spits/coin purses of charity as well. Though why you'd use the latter is beyond me, and you'd probably be better off patiently using a pickaxe or light pickaxe than either of the former since they're much better for dealing serious damage to foes (especially with the vandal's ring).

Aestella is a qt

so I'm like level 24 or so and I just encountered a dragon. it was in the middle of a massive goblin horde I was mowing down

I'm too stubborn to run away and I've been fighting it for like 10 minutes. I've barely done any fucking damage to it because that weak point is finnicky as hell to hit and if he touches me once I drop to 20% hp

this is hell

update: grabbed its tail to stab it a bunch and jumped off as soon as it left the ground. was probably 10-14ft up. instant dead on touching the ground

:(

The drake in Devilfire Grove is best fought at around level 40.
You're out of your league, cos, best run away from unwinnable fights.

Have heart, you're underleveled and almost certainly undergeared for that fight so just lasting ten minutes was probably decent.

If you have an ice weapon, that's what it's weakest to by far. The best way to get at its heart I find is to shoot its wings or heart when it takes flight so it falls on its side, or to target its head until it falls over when it's on the ground. Failing that, depending on what vocation you're rolling with most weapons have some combos or moves that are good for hitting the heart, and if you have any throwblasts are by far the best way to deal damage and deal with threats that are over your head earlygame and have a pretty low arc so it shouldn't be too hard to chuck them right under the heart to hit it.

If you stay close to where it spawns, it should also be possible (if you have enough stamina) to climb up its tail all the way to the heart when it flies to bring it down and deal nice damage.

Oh also in my experience the most dangerous/obnoxious thing it does is the roar that inflicts skill stifling. Since you're level 24 you almost certainly have little or no resistance to it and it's the worst status to be hit by short of petrification imo, it keeps you from using anything but core skills. If you're a warrior you may not hurt much from that, but any other class is gonna suffer. I suggest bringing panaceas or the specific item (drop of deliverance iirc) to cure it when it's inflicted.

WOLVES WEARING SLACKS

Alright so... I made this webm about half a year ago and I haven't really touched the game since. And I'm not sure if I ever posted it so here it is. IIRC it was a quick tutorial on how to make invisible textures, maybe it'll prove useful to someone out there.

Anyone know what are good torrent sites where I can get Photoshop?

>Photoshop
Get The Gimp.
Install Gentoo.

kickass.to

Well, tested it myself but there's so many variables it's sort of hard for me to tell exactly. It SEEMS that the kunai's extra magic affects scension but not sunflare, but it's hard to tell if this is because scension happened to be hitting its head during some animations when I used kunai (tested on the cyclops in soulflayer).

Bing

quick! who's the best male beloved?

Julien without a doubt.

pic related.
in more way than one

I don't get his whole evil thing.

Peace minnow, he is but an elderly man now - your adoptive father infact.

I know.
It's not incest if it's not blood related.

He's not evil, he's just paranoid and wrapped up in politics and also a valiant knight whose head is filled with notions of honour, glory and heroics. He doesn't want the Duke, who is still Arisen, to slay the Dragon again and cement Gransys as a superpower as it shared a border with several other nations including his own. He does not respect the Duke or his retinue's lack of gravity, either. He does tell you, the player Arisen, that while you have a duty to slay the Dragon you have no duty to the Duke (and of course he is completely right about that, and it shows that he does not actually sympathise with Salvation or care if the hero that slays the Dragon is from Gransys- He wants the Dragon slain, and he does NOT want the Duke to be responsible for it).

I'd say it's possible that, like many people probably have, he kens that the Duke never truly slew the Dragon in the first place, as well, since he does not expect you to rise to political power upon slaying it- Which would also show that he has faith in you that he doesn't place in the Duke, even if you don't go down his (somewhat twisted and awkward) romantic route.

How do names work in Dragon's Dogma? If I say "Joe Bloggs", will they refer to me by my full name, or just with Joe?

They will refer to you as Arisen, as that's what you are.
Names are mostly for pawn search purpose (random names or dumb names don't get much hires here it seems.) and a secret one at the very very very end.
But it's a secret.

Oh, okay then. Makes sense.

For the secret, should I make it my real name instead of the character's name? Like, is there going to be a "hello there, *[user] who has been guiding the arisen*" or something?

Killing is an evil act, he's a knight by trade. He rationalized many things.

No, think of it more as a hall of fame, like your name being right next to something congratulating you for a success.

CS2 is free.

Full name it is, then.
>captcha quads

>Took me over a year of playing Dragon's Dogma to realize Edmun is a reference to Edgar and Lenore is lost Lenore from The Raven

I'm a fraud...

>expecting a modern rpg not to have a token cuck quest in the first three hours

JAPAN LEAVE

His working with Salvation makes it feel like he wants the dragon to fuck shit up vs not wanting Edmun to be a hero again.

He likely wants to die in flames, same as them.

You mean his playing Salvation against the Duke because he wants both destroyed? That's like saying from Salvation's perspective that his working with the Duke makes it seem like he wants the Dragon slain. Work from the perspective of the Arisen as an impartial third party, he's loyal only to Voldoa and his interests are in destabilising a threatening neighboring power and removing the threat of the Dragon.

Aestella best waifu

>second cyclops fight at the waterfall
>dies by falling off a cliff while trying to attack my pawn
>third cyclops(?) fight in everfall
>dies by charging off a cliff at my pawn
is enemy AI fucking stupid or is pawn AI really smart

Quick! Post your arisen with sliders.
Here is my semen demon

>Got PS3 save file onto PC
>Just want to farm Death for RC for other people
>My tendons in my hand/arm are fucked up and repeatedly pressing the mouse to tenfold spam Death hurts like a bitch

I just wanted to help...

>it's an ugly child

Wow.

SLUT

>he's loyal only to Voldoa and his interests are in destabilising a threatening neighboring power and removing the threat of the Dragon.

He's not loyal to anyone.

I AM A MAN OF THIS WORLD

I don't know all that fancy brackets-and-slashes shit, but here's mine. Slider -/+ values are relative to the middle point.

Pawn (on the left):

Hair 30 (Color is middle row, second-to-last column)
Face 13 (Size is -3; skin color is middle row, second-to-last column)
Eyes 4 (Vertical -1; spacing +1; size 0; color is 1st column, 2nd row)
Brows 19 (Vertical +1, spacing 0, color same as hair)
Nose 14 (Vertical 0, size -2)
Mouth 25 (Vertical 0)
Ears 5 (Vertical 0, Position 0)

Height 0
Weight -1
Musculature -1
Bust -2
Torso 10
Arms 2
Legs 8
Posture +2
Stance -2

Scars 1
Wrinkles -2
Makeup 12 (Color is last column, 4th-to-last row)

Arisen is identical, except:

Hair color is 2nd column, bottom row.
Scars 09
Wrinkles +1

OK, I let him kick she-goat ass. And he's all LOL WELL THE MEN CAN RAPE YOU
And yeah, he hates Salvation.

The first time I just killed his ass right away then revived him.

Well, that's something different. The sliders above are for save edit fags.

Time for pawn fashion.
Rate my current one ?

Looks silly.

Yeah I had my doubts.
I'm hesitating between those two looks now.
Which one ?

I like them both. Slight preference for the one on the right.

right

>want to hire a mage pawn with a few specific elemental buffs
>only one pawn has the ones I need
>it's a male wearing the princess set

Whoever does this fuck you

>a male wearing the princess set

How?

The best of both world.
Off to slay the griffin then.

They make a female character look like Arnold Schwarzenegger...

>And he's all LOL WELL THE MEN CAN RAPE YOU

If he'd said this before the duel I doubt anyone would let him live.

The nobility is pretty sexist in Dragon's Dogma.
Then again, medieval nobility was pretty sexist.
Then again, Alienor is trying to get a total stranger in her royal panties one week after her marriage

>tfw want to post screenshots but only have shitty console screenshots

>Then again, medieval nobility was pretty sexist.

Too bad idiots don't realize this. The past wasn't magical happy fun time. Anyone who wasn't a white man has barely had rights within the past 100 years just sit the fuck down.

Sorry, tangent. I was thinking about Game of Thrones whiners.