/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

Kneel before your God Edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167864-SEGA-Strengthens-Strategy-Portfolio-by-Acquiring-Amplitude-Studios
forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14322786&postcount=884
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ded game lazy developers

>lazy developers
more like overwhelmed devs.

So fighting those space stations is almost as equal as fighting a fallen empire. when about 4 times with fleets of 8k+ and they trashed them like nothing.

After I got ark emiters the thing went easier.

I'm going to make a 4x with octogons and blow the door off the hexagon monopoly.

I want to believe this for Stellaris. Isnt it like one of their biggest sellers now? I have a feeling we were meant to have the last 2 patchs spread out over more than 2 months because of the changes being made.

Maybe once the holiday is over the crunch will be real and the finger will be removed from anus on the holes.

Did they ever post an update regarding their patch roadmap?

I unironically think about doing something with triangles and a icosahedral global projection

>triangles
What the fuck are you on about?

Man gotta love these unannounced changes.
Rushing Nano Materials is no longer useful since pirates no longer spawn with a different T1 weapon tech when you already got Nano researched by the time they spawn.

Armor being a flat bonus when?

Fallen empire home worlds are too good
Dark matter generators and fabricators op

Nevermind my original post then, but there are things that happened that arent on there so I shall continue to naively remain hopeful for the bandaid because I like the game for quite a few reasons

While I wait would anything similar be worth checking out? Stellaris has me hooked for more but might be worth taking a break.

i've never had the unbidden spawn before
do they destroy planets like the swarm?
is there a way to stop their border expansion or is it goddamn infinite?

a way to stop it without destroying the portal*
i'm a ways off from that

No you need to destroy the portal

do they rebuild their fleets too?
i feel like i'm gonna need a 200k to match theirs even if i specialize

Ok, how to force a crisis to happen? it's been 150 years and nothing relevant has happened aside from weak empires fighting against other weak empires.

Forget what I said

It's them?

Nothing to worry about

Hope so. What's the best way to deal with them aside of lots of point defense and thing that ignore armor?

Well they use shields and lots of energy weapons so I'm not sure point defense is going to help you, or armor pen
Basically take that fleet you have and destroy the portal, if you clear them out great if not they can't get reinforcements and you can win by attrition
Make sure to get a scientist to pick up the scraps matter disintegrators are nice

is the scourge, not the unbidden, user.

Sega bought Amplitude studios.

those poor fuckers

Proofs? Also I can't fucking find my spurdo folder

escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167864-SEGA-Strengthens-Strategy-Portfolio-by-Acquiring-Amplitude-Studios
Get ready for DLC up the ass.

Is Crystal Forged Plating still better than shields and armor after its nerf?

There was a thread on /v/ yesterday.

This isn't 2000 where everyone used dial up modems, fuck off.

No its 2016 the age of phones using 2000 modem tier internet.

Oh I'm so sorry for your shitty phone.
4G gives 3MB/s, not our fault that you are a jew.

>be this anal blasted
works every time.

Is there an easy way to track down the Gold Crystals to get the crystal armour? I've scouted like half the galaxy trying to find them.

>I was just pretending to be retarded.

Works every time user.

afaik they can only spawn around Pulsars and very rarely around Black Holes.

>space germans

In some pics graphics don't look that bad honestly

That UI is even more of a cancer than game graphics though

Thanks, chum. That narrows it down nicely.

It's a race to find them before the AI empire decides to kill them and ignore the research so nobody in the galaxy has plates like in my galaxy. I only got some greens around me.

>try to play Civ5 with community patch
>shit keeps crashing all the time
This is why we can't have nice things.

>tfw they spawn right beside you
feels great.

>just under 100 hours total so far
>still haven't seen these guys spawn ANYWHERE
nice of you to hide game breaking tech behind RNG, Paradox

At least this will solve the problem of wonders being built in the ocean on coastal cities

I got voidcunts everywhere ;_;

>game breaking tech
not so game breaking anymore

>Crystal-Forged Plating effect on Hull Points reduced by 25%

Where can I get the 1.2 patch for nosteam version?

Well, half the relevant weapons still ignore most of your armor, and the other half still completely ignore your shields.
So yeah. Crystal plating requires no energy and never gets ignored.

I honestly do not remember what kind of changes to the irrelevant shit weapons they introduced, or if it's the next patch that will change them.
Please notify me if I'm being a huge faggot and they actually managed to make starfighters or mass drivers relevant.

But weapon and combat balance as a whole are still so fucked up that it'll require some major modwork and DLC to fix.

Of stellaris, I mean.

Fug

>hide game breaking
>behind RNG
>Paradox
Are you experiencing emotional stress?

> Increased the engagement range of strike craft from 80 to 120
> Strike Craft rebuild speed improved from 1 per month to 4 per month
> All Laser Weapons have had their armor penetration reduced from 50% to 33%
> Plasma Weapons have had their armor penetration reduced from 100% to 75%
> Most Projectile Weapons now deal +15% damage vs. Shields
> Crystal-Forged Plating effect on Hull Points reduced by 25%

Also Lasers got an accuracy buff across the board while mid-late lasers got a damage nerf.
Rockets got a damage buff.
Lances got their Armor Penetration nerfed from 100% to 75%.
Point Defense got an accuracy nerf but range buff.

Thats pretty much it.

mass drivers are pretty great early game actually. it provides rudimentary shield penetration during the corvette phase where AI kinda *has* to go shields because armor tech is so garbage.

The problem is that there is just nothing impressive about anything shown so far, the visuals have at best stagnated, the character design looks really bizarre and terrible, and the gameplay changes aren't revolutionary shit, its been done already.

That wasn't much of a problem of me, I kinda liked it but I can understand why would someone dislike it

One thing I didn't like about Civ V's wonder system was it's rendering cap, which was 7 IIRC. If one city builds more than 7 wonders, you only see the first 7 on the map and the rest won't be shown. I bet most people don't even know wonders like CN tower or Eiffel tower actually have models, because they have never seen them.

If I wonderwhore hard in Civ VI I want to see every wonder in the city(most likely capital)

The game screams mobile first.

> Increased the engagement range of strike craft from 80 to 120
This kind of shit is what convinces me that Paradox balances purely based on numbers. Now combined-arms fleet is even less useful because oops, some random carrier decided to puke fighters at a goddamn mining station and now my corvettes are approaching the enemy's main fleet at turtle-paced combat speed. The more changes they make, the more they encourage "pure" fleets against all logic.

This.
They need to push it in the other direction so that mixed fleets are the ideal.

>Lances got their Armor Penetration nerfed from 100% to 75%.
They should give shields the ability to mitigate energy damage, that would make kinetic artillery a viable choice again and shields actually somewhat useful since right now using shields is fucking retarded.

>overwhelmed
they're going on a two month holiday

Overwhelmed by forced communist holidays more like

what mod fampai?

>communist holidays

>forced communist holidays
like working on an oil rig instead of a salt mine?

Nah, taking the day off to attend a propaganda chanting event or forced to work in a salt mine for free.

I wouldn't mind taking a few days off here and there to attend propaganda rallies tbqh
>implying I work

>implying I work
>tfw an americunt doesn't know about anti-neet laws in USSR
In your case you will work on salt mines regardless.

but with propaganda rallies thrown in right? gotta break up the monotony somehoe

Guys whats your go-to 1.2 build?
Getting raped on Hard since both slavery and happiness are shit now.

So are torps/lance with crystal plating still op? I just updated to 1.2 and haven't played since a week or two after 1.1 was released?

>decide to go full purifier for once
>wipe out more than a few nearby races
>immedietly run into not one, but two fallen empires on either side of me
>enigmatic observes
>both declare war instantly
>mfw

what did they do to make happiness shit?

>be peacefully studying the mysteries of the galaxy in my empire
>suddenly an evil fanatical purifiers declare war on me
>ok then
>defend myself and protect the galaxy by wiping them out
>somehow I'M the bad guy

>Base Happiness reduced from 60% to 50%
>Happiness is now a linear modifier, with levels above 50% giving bonuses and levels below 50% giving penalties

The pre-patch rule was that 60% happiness is the baseline, where the breakpoints of 80% and 90% happiness provided a 10% and 20% productivity boost respectively.

Now in 1.2.1 after the Asimov Update, the baseline is 50%, and the 20% are spread across 50 to 100%. That's 20/50=0.4% productivity per 1% of happiness.

GULAG prisoners only attend salt mines.
Also my state had a case of a person literally dying from too much clapping in one of those events, so they aren't as magical as you think. They are closer to "voluntarily-forced" corporate events than to a typical tumblr meet-up.

BAN THIS SICK FILTH

Apart from the lower baseline isn't that better? You now get the increase in happiness bonuses as you go and don't have to wait to hit 80% and 90% effectively having no bonus between 60-80 as it was in prepatch?

dude gay asteroids lmao

I think you mean

DELETE THIS

it used to go like this:
Moral Democracy +10% (now 0%)
Fanatic Spiritualist +10% (now 0%)
Communal +5%
Void Cloud Research +5% (now limited to 20y)

combined with pacifist/xenophile to enable the void cloud research and Adaptive and you get 20% on all planets of your biome from very early game.

The problem right now on Hard/Insane is that you no longer have that explosive start to keep up with the cheating AI.

>have no clustered starts mod
>conflicts with another mod and doesn't work
>no way to know which mod it is
proper mod manager when
skyrim's mod organiser was amazing and I'm just so fucking annoyed that I have to put up with this shit now

Which mods do you have?

I haven't followed anything strategy related for a while so I'm seeing these now, have you guys already discussed everything Civ VI related? Looking through civfanatics' CIV VI forum btw

For example, cities with walls now have two health bars, one for walls and one for cities. You actually have to siege for wall's health now, you can't just attack a city with archers and then conquer it with a melee unit

Also it looks like they changed moving a bit. For example, in Civ V you could move to grasslands and hills in the same turn if you had 2 movement points, even though hills themselves counted 2 points you could enter them with 1 point. This has been changed, now if you want to enter someplace with 2 points, you actually have to have two points. And I think if it requires 3 points, you give an order one turn, and in the next turn it moves (2 points from previous turn and one point from the next turn).

These might be wrong, I'm reading the threads from their beginnings and I'm about 20 days behind of the current date, something might have been changed

>beijing with clearly western styled towers
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>mineral rich system nearby
>has 4 minerals in total all located on a single planet

>still no empire borders for mac
I've compensated by playing in a small galaxy with only 4 AI empires

>stellaris

>mac

>mac

What "tile" shape would work best in three dimensions?

Octagon

Nah, looking through this screenshot thread, it looks like every civ has their unique place(?) models, for example this one is for China's and I'll post Japan's in the next post, they look quite different. Those building change depending on era ofc. It looks like ancient and modern era buildings look similiar in every civ though. I'm at this post right now in the thread, if you want to learn what I'm talking about check this I guess: forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14322786&postcount=884

I think most buildings are not unique though. In most pics you can see monument and it looks the same for all civilizations

Japan

hexagon

Those are 2D shapes.

>tile shape

80 > 30 ?

nope