Is there really no surviving evidence as to what the culture of pre-Islamic Arabia might have been like?

Is there really no surviving evidence as to what the culture of pre-Islamic Arabia might have been like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vGxVWDLO87I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabataeans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There's some. They were never big on writing, or even staying in one place, so most of what we know is through the Persians and Byzantines. We know a bit about their paganism and a bit about the tribes who were in power shortly before the rise of Islam. We also have a general sense of their cultural attitude based on how the Rashidun and Umayyad Caliphates would behave.

Most of it isn't pretty. It's probably not a surprise that the actual day-to-day of running the civilization was handed over to recently-converted Persian nobility relatively quickly.

t. Rostam Piruzdoost

>Is there really no surviving evidence as to what the culture of pre-Islamic Arabia might have been like?
Search Babylonian myth.

That's wholly distinct from peninsula Arabs.

>tfw no 10/10 qt saudi princess gf
Jdimsa

>That's wholly distinct from peninsula Arabs.
Yeah there would have been a huge distinction 12 BCE.

Yes there would. Those are two different regions which at the time had different cultures, different languages, different religions, and even different types of civilizations, with the arabs being desert nomads while babylonians were settled agrarians.

mmmmmm, so far away.

Wew lad, time to stop posting

I'm not sure why you think this proves your point when it just further demonstrates that peninsula arabs were a wholly separate civilization from babylon.

Have you looked at a map of China?

Feel free to provide me, with you know, evidence of their unique culture circa. 12 BCE. Otherwise you know, I will stick with the most logical scenario, that being they subscribed to the, to our knowledge, bigger religions of the time. Their boundaries were literally inside what you would call the Arabian Peninsula - that being Kuwait.

So please, enlighten me.

>Their boundaries were literally inside what you would call the Arabian Peninsula

>Kuwait is outside of the Arabian peninsula
This in fact means they were not separate at all ;^).

But by all means, attempt to refute facts with memes. Works so well.

Not sure if serious. Arabs were shitty desert nomads concentrated mostly in the southwestern peninsula.

Arabia is composed of two areas referred to in Roman times as Arabia Deserta in the North and Arabia Felix (happy) in the South. The South was culturally vibrant and more prosperous compared to the rugged and deserted North due to having access to sea ports and trade with the other side of the Gulf of Aden and from South Asia.

why the hell is this map taking the bible's borders for David's kingdom seriously?

youtu.be/vGxVWDLO87I
It was just awful, alhamdulillah the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) came and did away with all that immorality.

The Nabatæeans were culturally similar to Cushitic pastoralist nomads especially the Somalis, compare this picture with

>Arabian Peninsula becomes simply arabs
>2000 years later
Also I am talking about Mesopotamia, not Babylon. I guess that's my fault as Babylonian myth is the mor accepted term, although it's Mesopotamian.

This

>BCE
Get out

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabataeans

The languages of Mehri, Socotrans and others proves without a doubt the Cushitic substrate that Semitic speakers subsumed gradually.

It really was that for a few thousand years

Socotra speaks Arabic.

Why is she Haram? Isnt Saudi Arabia bonkers Islam Ground Zero?

whoever first decided to make a settlement by digging in to a cliff face was a pretty cool dude

yeah the elites have always been devout followers of the religion they use to make their populace complacent

Arabic is not a single language in the same way that Chinese is not, and the language there is South Arabian anyway, which is as related to Arabic as Akkadian is.

>tfw no qt Saudi princess gf

JUST FUCK MY FUCKING SHIT UP FAMPAI

>qt

Pic unrelated?

Also why isn't that cunt wearing a hijab

>It's probably not a surprise that the actual day-to-day of running the civilization was handed over to recently-converted Persian nobility relatively quickly.
What the fuck are you talking about?

>being this blind

You some kind of faggot, user?

He is probably an actual arab and into boys.

Like all closeted Gulf Homos.

No dumbass the Socotran language the one that existed before Arabic arrived on the island, South Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Kuwait and Oman.

I don't know. But Europa Barbarorum told me they had Hoplites, like virtually every culture in that time period.

The Sabeans literally just have light infantry and spear chucking.

Typed in Arabian goddess and this butt turned up.

Fuck off retard.

>being this salty over obvious sarcasm
top slow

Damn son

its a reform unit dumbass, you get them after you have taken a shit ton of greek cities in egypt and asia minor.
archer spearmen too.

>you get them after you have taken a shit ton of greek cities in egypt and asia minor.
Never managed to get this far.

I think he means 742 AUC :^)

>pre-Islamic Arabia
We have tons of sources actually but they are usually written by muslim writers

The arabs didn't really start writing until they converted to Islam

>surviving evidence as to what the culture of pre-Islamic Arabia
Yes user, its called ISlam. Not even trying to be edgy
>belief in Jinn
>worshiping towards a former Pagan site
>rituals such as walking around a sacred site a specific number of times, throwing stones at the devil, etc etc.