>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ktlodvp_NZ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FIRST FOR DEEP SILVER SAVING MEGATEN

First for hoy!

Who cares about EU anyways?

Smt4apo when, deep silver?

I wonder if I should cancel my American pre-order and wait for the pal release. I hope they'll give us a release date quickly

Just learn Japanese senpai

After having played multiple versions, I can say that PS versions are the best, with smooth scrolling and player-friendly UI. The deal with the music is kinda the same as DDS2/KMT2 - the original sounds better, but remixed tracks are also fine. Vanilla version of PS SMT2 was full of bugs, so be sure to get the revised version with golden PRESS ANY BUTTON text at the title screen (the revised version was uploaded here not that long ago). PS version of SMTIf has LOTS of new content and small fixes, including new awesome music in Akira's route.

GBA versions are okay (great UI, new content), but the music quality and scrolling sucks.

iOS versions of SMT1&2 were ported from GBA (featuring Visionary Items), but use PS music, with added extended versions of tracks from SMTIf. iOS version of SMTIf is a port of PS version (with smooth scrolling).

PCE CD version of SMT1 is okay, but the scrolling feels choppy. It also doesn't have that much unique content - only 4 new demons and while some animated cutscenes look great, the others are epilepsy-inducing. The music sounds different, because it's in FM, but it's pretty cool.

Mega CD version of SMT1 is slow as shit (even with Quick Scrolling), but it has lots of unique content, ilncluding: 1. new kickass intro cutscene, 2. new demon spritework based on Kaneko's official artwork (Douman, Yakshini, etc), 3. new demons. The encounter rate is RIDICULOUS, even compared to the original SFC version. The final dungeon has different floors compared to the other versions. The remixed music is hit or miss; most of the tracks made in FM sound great though. There is also an alternate theme playing in the Mansion of Heresy.

There also was SMTif: Hazama's Chapter for mobile phones, which had lots of new content, similar to GBA versions, but good luck with finding it.

tl;dr:

>SMT1
PS -> iOS -> GBA -> SFC -> MCD -> PCE

>SMT2
Bug fix PS -> iOS -> GBA -> SFC -> vanilla PS

>SMTIf
PS/iOS -> Hazama's Chapter (Mobile) -> SFC

>Atlus USA and Sega of America are partnering with Deep Silver to release multiple upcoming titles in Europe.
That's nice.

Is the PSN version of 2 revised or not?

Hoy.

>There also was SMTif: Hazama's Chapter for mobile phones, which had lots of new content, similar to GBA versions, but good luck with finding it.
>PS/iOS -> Hazama's Chapter (Mobile) -> SFC
Have you actually played it? If so, please tell me how.

Revised. Why do some of you guys think they could offer the buggy version? They aren't stupid.

I think your on the wrong general OP

I have no idea where that picture is from.

>>/TMSG/

It's here to stay.

FUUUUUUCK, leave this board heathen. We don't want you here

BASED

Anons, will Xenogears somehow help me to satisfy my lust for not-really-generic jRPGs?

Probably. The story is interesting as fuck and I think if you like SMT, you'll like Xenogears.
You should play it either way, it's a classic.

.Yoh

Go home Betatron.

Where the Tips and Tricks says to Focus on STR and VIT with some SPD for Hero, Is 1 SPD for every 2 VIT and 2 STR enough Speed investment? I'm almost to Thor's Hammer and it seems pretty good so far. I'm evenly Spreading Heroine's stats between MAG/VIT/SPD though.

Just go VIT/SPD and forget about STR until mid-late game. STR kind of sucks in SMT I, most of your damage comes from the weapon itself and you're gonna be using guns a lot more anyway.

>Have you actually played it?
Unfortunately no, but judging from the screenshots and info from the Wiki, it's pretty good.

>Summer 2016
>confirmed to be at the very fucking end of the Summer 2016 calendar
This hurts

Those hacks.

>physical version for EU

Cool, comes out on my birthday then.

Looks crazy.

I would say it's probably better to focus on raising MAG and INT faster than spreading it evenly for heroine because those stats determine how fast she learns new magic, and her later game spells are really useful. You still want enough SPD for her to stunlock people with Zio and enough VIT for her to not fucking die.

For Hero I just go full Stronk/Speed in every Megami Tensei game and it works. I don't really like VIT as much for him because I find STR already raises your health and Speed raises defense, albeit at a slower rate. INT and LCK aren't useless for him either, they do raise his physical stats a bit and have cool side effects (INT is supposed to help in negotiation, but I don't know how it works; LCK helps with getting items to drop) but it's best to raise them with Incenses.

Oh, and keep in mind that you will have nice stat bonuses from the armor sets you will be wearing, and there are a lot of incenses in this game, so it's kind of a waste to put 40 points a stat.

I will change this rotten general

I tried Xenogears and couldn't make it ten hours in. Everything about it was offputting and generic, and it wasn't fun to play.

>Everything about it was offputting and generic
Like?

>Game starts with amnesiac protagonist in generic village
>Village gets destroyed
>Meets love interest he remembers somehow
>Meets exile prince and his Friendly Ethical Pirate group

There was just nothing compelling there. If there's anything interesting about the story it waits a long time to reveal it, and the writing at the beginning was too hamfisted for me so I didn't really care.

And again, the game was almost painful to play.

Try The Legend of Dragoon instead. The story is pretty different from generic JRPGs. The battle system is fun/frustrating depending on if you're shit or not (you have to time the X button to your attacks to continue a combo). Inventory management is important. You can only use magic while in dragoon form, so healing items and elemental damage items are actually useful. Great game, wish it got a remake.

>>Village gets destroyed
You forgot to mention that it gets destroyed by the protagonist with him killing his best friends.

>>Meets exile prince and his Friendly Ethical Pirate group
Did you talk with the old man in the cave? That's where the world building starts/gets interesting.

>If there's anything interesting about the story it waits a long time to reveal it
The intro was enough to get me interested. Finding out what happened was pretty great but I admit it takes a while although, if you were paying close attention, you should have already found out that Elly is somehow related to the captain

>And again, the game was almost painful to play.
And again why? Because of the fighting system? It's better than the usual stuff like SJ's.

I mean I can understand if the game just rubs you the wrong way or something but it really isn't generic. And the music is fucking great.

I actually felt the exact same way about it. I started playing because I had an Evangelion itch (it actually isn't like Eva at all, by the way; it's more like G Gundam if anything), but not only it starts really generic, it also has some seriously boring dialogue to read through (might be the translation's fault) and the combat is nothing special. I think I put about 10 hours in before finally giving up.

The mechs are really awesome, though. They should have made the whole thing about them instead of having so many parts where you are fighting on foot.

I kinda wanna go back and finish it so I can see more mecha and the Judeo-Christian influence it's supposed to have (why didn't they introduce these interesting things earlier in the game? unless they did and I forgot entirely about it), but I also heard the second disk is really rushed, so I don't know if I should do it.

Are Xenosaga / Xenoblade any good? Do you actually use the robots often on them?

>Did you talk with the old man in the cave?
The guy who tells you about the Super Important Robot and then Fei and Bart wonder if Fei's Gear could be the Super Important Robot and they dismiss it and then suddenly the old man starts saying crazy things about Fei's Gear and denies it is the Super Important Robot and refuses to tell them anything else? That's what I meant by hamfisted.

>The intro was enough to get me interested.
Same here. Then it dumped me into a generic village.

>And again why? Because of the fighting system? It's better than the usual stuff like SJ's.
You did not seriously just claim that spamming deathblows is better than Strange Journey's gameplay?

>And the music is fucking great.
Some of it is. Most of it was just annoying to listen to and repetitive.

>download DeSu2 undub
>Title voice is english, but the game VO is jap

>The guy who tells [...] That's what I meant by hamfisted.
Yeah, that's pretty cliched. But you're confusing things the super important robots they were wondering about are more than one (those have a pretty interesting role in the story). Fei's Gear is just the super super important one.

>Same here. Then it dumped me into a generic village.
Which you leave after, what, five minutes? There's no point in talking with everyone, if you didn't like it.

>You did not seriously[...]?
If you replace gameplay with fighting system, yes, but what I meant is less generic. Strange Journey's figthing system is completely standard and it's only better because of the decent difficulty which Xenogears lacks.

>Most of it[...]
I love almost every track.

>(might be the translation's fault)
I don't know, I have played it in moon. If you mean the slice of life stuff of villagers, then that's not the translator's fault. I really like stuff like that because you learn more about the world not just the big shit but also about completely normal inhabitants trying to make a living.

>why didn't they introduce these interesting things earlier in the game?
Well the intro has already introduced the influence through that God stuff appearing on the screens. With 10 hours you should also have made it to the cave already in which killing God is talked about and I completely forgot that Dajil comes before that, with the church organizing everything mech (don't remember if that gets mentioned before)
I agree that the game takes a little while until shit really hits the fan but that only amplifies the impact in my opinion.

>Are Xenosaga / Xenoblade any good? Do you actually use the robots often on them?
I preferred gears over saga but you might like saga more. Mechs are less important though.
Xenoblade on Wii has no mechs at all. Haven't played it yet. In Xenoblade X on Wii U they seem to be a lot more important but I haven't played that one either.

Give me 300 macca, ho!

Don't you ever call me or my demons a hoe ever again

>that op
Cheeky. You leave for a month and Kowashitai is apparently a good RPG from what you hear.
Anyone seen this? Odd how /v/ was informative for once. I may have missed last thread.
Cast trailer or someshit.

>No Laura
>Ashly Burch
>That Flynn voice

It's shit.

>not liking the Flynn voice

Of course you wouldn't.

Where is burch?

What I said about the translation was mostly about the dialog being kinda bland and boring to read through, and there is lots of it; it is hard to explain. I agree that the world building stuff is pretty cool. I'm probably gonna try to finish it and play Xenosaga to see if I like it, lack of mechs kinda puts me off from playing Xenoblade though.

So speaking of Apocalypse, did they balance the strength stat or do you still have to go dex for a physical build?

It either sounds like her or the VA for Aigis doing Nozomi. A shame, because it sounds like shit.

Karen something might be her?
Laura Bailey left weeb shit now or something?

It's hard for me to tell, because I generally shut off my ears when I hear Burch do voice work.

>tfw you aren't Anthony Burch

We'll deal with this quickly

Did this get a doujin or something?
>even SMT has more at this point

>lack of mechs kinda puts me off from playing Xenoblade though.
The story is supposedly really good and robots are important you just can't use them as far as I know (because they're your enemies).

>do you still have to go dex for a physical build?
No, go wurld of STR you get pierce all on Nanashi near the end of the story so there's really no reason not to with enough LU you crit like a motherfucker so weaknesses are useless

So i decided to play DeSu: Overclocked on Citra (3DS emulator). The music is choppy and game lags during combat. The only thing that crashes the game (at least the one i found) is summoning demons from stock during combat. Dunno if i should wait for better release or just deal with it.

Liam o'brien where?

Too expensive for Atlus USA. English dubs are worthy of your respect.

Nuke it all.

The white were right.

Wait for something better, alternatively get a 3ds

At least best girl retained her voice.

I want to do lewd things to Isabeau.

>playing with whiny japanese voices
They're the only reason I prefer English dubs. I can't stand shit like Japanese Rise and Nanako. Fuck.

>I prefer English dubs

So you prefer all of the voices being shit instead of one or two? Seems reasonable.

Don't we all?

I thought Navarre was O'Brien.

I don't.

How far does the guide that comes with SMTIV get you through the game?

>4 DAYS AFTER DRAGON QUEST
I WON'T HAVE MONEY TO BUY BOTH

Ever heard of a concept called saving money? You should have more than enough time until then.

I am saving money in the first place to buy Dragon Quest

Okay I have slightly dabbled in P3/P4 and besides that haven't really played any SMT games. I have previously finished Demikids Dark and enjoyed it. what would be a good game for me to return to the series as a whole? Bonus points if its a game that isn't hard because I suck at video games :s

>:s

Digital Devil Saga would be a good place to ease you into the rest of the series.

Not anymore.

Nozomi ain't Laura Bailey either.

Hallelujah is Jon/Merkabah's VA.

It's Karen user. It's not Burch.

Flynn's the terminal guardian.

>tfw you never liked bailey's voice acting anyway
>but the replacement doesn't help

I liked her cause she does sound like a girl who wasn't that strong and looked up to Flynn.

>No Dagda
>No Krishna
>No Odin
>No Miroku/Maitreya
>No Jonathan/Merkabah
>No Walter/Lucy.

And by Dagda I mean with an actual profile like the rest, but can't into 2+ minute videos.

Can barely handle 1 min.

What if Master is the Terminal Guardian? Think about how he lets his kids dress.

I prefer a lot of decent/good voices instead of a few good ones and one or two really annoying ones. Plus I can actually understand English.

I like Flynn's voice

So it's a shame I'll have to wait for the undub, maybe because hearing gibberish instead of something so cringey as 'Godslayer' allows me to keep detached.

why she looks like has down

Flynn sounds similar to that bandanna wearing kid in Digimon Frontier. Like a semi-deeper voice of him. I also think he voiced Neji in the Naruto games.

>Neji
I knew it was familiar

I imagine if in another timeline Nocturne was a huge success and P3 a failure this fucking nightmare crossover with Fire Emblem would never exist.

Life is really unfair, isn't it?

Don't die

Some say that this was all the result of a single sale

Truly unfair. Although it was advertised as SMT x FE so wouldn't it still exist? Unless you mean the game went a different direction?

>Nocturne and SJ sold like shit
It's not fucking fair.

Guys, which one is better, SMT IV or Soul Hackers?