/rog/ - Ragnarok Online General

/rog/ - /rog/RO hype edition

Previous Thread: Helpful links:
irowiki.org/classic/Main_Page
irowiki.org/wiki/Main_Page
ratemyserver.net/
db.irowiki.org/db/
db.irowiki.org/classic/

/rog/'s server is predicted to enter beta phase this friday!
Suggested rates: x18/x18/x100(0.05% MVP cards)
Suggested features:
- Resetter
- Costume Maker (exchange a headgear for a costume version)
- Warper (towns and dungeon entrances)
- Healer
- Job Changer
- Platinum Skill Giver Person
- Card Remover
- Stylist
- 30 level EXP sharing range for parties
None of those is set in stone yet, so make your voice heard!
user host is taking suggestions for a name for the server!

The following servers have both /rog/ players and guilds:
SarahRO
sarahserver.net/
2x/2x/2x (MvP Cards Disabled)
Episode 4: War of Emperium (on going episode until pre-Trans)

Guild: Pudding Pals
Currently: 28/32

AevaRO
panel.aeva-ro.com/
Rates: x7/x7/x3
Episode 13.2: Into the Unknown (Pre-Renewal)

Guild: Poring Slappers
Currently : 19/20
Contact: Emacula or Hanyuu for invites, or post in the thread and anyone who is active can invite you. We mostly AFK by the Prontera Hands if we aren't actively doing something.

The following servers have /rog/ players but no known guilds yet:
LeikaRO
leika-ro.net/
Rates: x15/x15/x10 (with exceptions)
Episode: 15.1 Fantasmagorica (customized Renewal)

Loki
playloki.com/
Rates: x3/x3/x2 (x1/x1/x1 and cards disabled for MVP)
Episode 13.2: Encounter against the unknown (Pre-Renewal)

If you start playing on a new server(and intend on staying there for a while) or make a new guild post details in the thread so they can be added to future OPs.

/rog/ Pastebin: pastebin.com/Naw0ALVR
If you have any suggestions for the pastebin, please post in the thread.

BizaRO when?

Byzatine RO? Greek language-only server?

Let's just forget MVP cards. They're disabled until, some day. Far away.

FEED ME SERVER NAMES

>supa serious server
why even bother

ban all cards or no cards because they're all OP by default.

ban all equipment with a percentage effect of a positive or negative nature. they're OP too

2 z's user

BizzaRO

Not trying to be that "(my idea of) balance is everything" guy

Some people just get agitated by them, while the rest don't really seem to care one way or the other by the looks of it (me as well, because I know very well how astronomically small the chance is I'd ever get one even if they dropped at 0.1%).

Now if the those among us who actually end up playing really wants them to be enabled, we'll have them.

ROmania
PalestineRO
PhilistineRO
iROn
nopinoyRO
gniROq
逃げRO
cockROach
pepeROni
lewdRO

toddler quit this shit game
why haven't you

What are we supposed to play then?

CuckRO
TrapRO
Alabama HotpocketRO
CrippleRO
LGBTro
pRO
Anime GirlsRO
CliqueRO
MexiRO
DeepWebRO
TrumpRO
Card CaptorRO
No FunRO
BenisRO
ROsa
Jojo BizzaRO
HemoROid
12 and bellow RO
Penguin Club RO
Habo RO
Better than Tera RO
Tree of cucks RO
My pc can't run 3d games RO
Pinoy only RO
bRO
baby guRO
Sad PandaRO
No memesRO
Fuck SmokieRO
Donate2winRO

If you like this, plz reply and subscribe, the yous keep me alive.

DankRO guy, please save us from this horror.

Bumpu

B U L L Y

Babump Babump

Post cards you fap to.

>that ass and hair

/rog/ Discord with linked IRC channel.
Discord invite link: discord.gg/su6g8JC
IRC: chat.freenode.net
From browser: webchat.freenode.net
Channel: #/rog/

Stay comfy.

>fapping to the only tranny in the game

What is this wizardry?

ITS RELAYCHAN ALL OVER AGAIN

18x exp/job might be a bit too high. You're at the rate of hitting Lv.99 in a few hours as non-trans, maybe a day or two for 99 trans with a focused commitment toward it.

>You're at the rate of hitting Lv.99 in a few hours as non-trans
oh god how I've been non stop grinding in a shitty server with 70x~ rates

I want to remind you that leikacucks lost.

NovaRO reigns supreme.

Psor is a cuckold.
Also transcucks get cucked.

excuse me mr pinoy you're not allowed to use /rog/ branded memes please leave

ok manuel

Quests easily give you tons of EXP. You can easily skip leveling from 1-50 by just getting the Amatsu Dungeon quest and 60-70 for getting the Eye of Helion quest in a x7 exp server.

*plop*

*plop*

*plop*

*pIop*

14x might suit some people's tastes better, myself included with the easy to get weapon cards, since a good chunk wanted 10x so far after all

But 20x and around has been the majority by my last count, but it might be more of a tie now? Don't be quiet about what rates you'd prefer guys, I'm watching

I prefer 20x myself.

*plop*?

I think lower exp is better to offset the rapid enhancement of gear, but you're going to get a wide variety of opinions on this. Some are going to think why bother with any of it at all and tell you to crank them up even higher. Some will tell you to lower all of them.

There is no right answer, here. But the more you crank up the exp rates, the more you become like the typical middle-rate servers, and the more you reduce the droprates, the more you become like typical servers in general. Tipping too far one way or the other kills any sense of uniqueness you may have with this, but virtually all anons were on-board with lower exp rates and higher droprates to make getting loot not a chore, but something that will just happen as you play.

how about high rates with prestige levels?

If someone wants to be a no lifer forever, they can regrind everything with increased exp requirements, and they get rewarded with some stupid shit like an aura, a qt hat, different colored text or GM powers, whatever.

>rushing to max level
whats the point of this outside of trans anyhow

>gm powers
NOPE
Otherwise
YUP

With 10x, it's still possible to make progress solo, in a party, and as a special snowflake.

If you really wanted to with 100x card drops, you could equip yourself to level in fucking thors solo if you wanted to, so high rates aren't necessary.

how can we discourage solo and encourage grouping?

the problem is when you make things too convenient, there's nothing stopping most veterans from leveling their alt priest/endow slave and merchant and pretty much soloing everything while multiboxing and ignoring the rest of the server.

This project is most likely to have a super small playerbase, if people just want to solo to cap and never socialize they could just do that in pretty much any other server.

The 20% bonus exp from Sarah seems nice, but you still see a lot of people just ramboing everything (myself included, because pinoys just get me killed)

I wish there was an easy way, an easy fix that could only be applied on our own pvt server, and maybe change the way we see and experience the game, all this rate tweaks are good, but i feel like something is still missing, I'm not sure what.

make people do 1 damage when not in a party lamo

but in all seriousness, a decent amount of MMOs have actually in the past made soloing shit by doing the following: forced people who soloed to not get any economical gain because soloing hit so hard that you'd have to spend most of your money on gear repairs/potions

of course you can't force that on ragnarok but its just a thought

Could you use the multi-client protection like Sarah uses? I personally love partying, so I never considered the Kiritos' point of view. The 20% bonus exp seems like a nice touch, since it's actually worth something at

>If you really wanted to with 100x card drops, you could equip yourself to level in fucking thors solo if you wanted to, so high rates aren't necessary.
This guy gets it.

Limited powers might be ok for a ridiculous amount of effort. Like maybe every 100 "rebirths" you can unlock a new, GM-only power like warping to a specific tile on any map anywhere, or raising all players on a map. Killing all enemies on a map without rewards could be one of these powers too.

I don't think commands like @heal or insta-killing other players have a place in the hands on normal players, though.

Max clients open at one time is 2. 10% exp increase for every member in the party.

>Max clients open at one time is 2
its already shit

Create content that can't be soloed at all or pentacliented efficiently.

Earlier MMOs virtually necessitated party-play by making mobs of mid-to-higher levels significantly more powerful than a single player of any given level. It didn't matter what class you were, or what level you were after a certain point. Even mobs 1~2 levels lower than you were going to murder you if you didn't bring good backup with you towards the high end.

uhm might be too farfetched, but from your comments I'm imagining something like, random Elite mobs among the normal mobs that have enhanced stats/hp and better rewards in terms of EXP and loot.

Would that motivate more people to group?

and maybe some shit forgotten area no one uses, be replaced with mostly elite groups?

idk just random thoughts, it's probably too hard to implement but only thing that came to mind.

>random Elite mobs among the normal mobs that have enhanced stats/hp and better rewards in terms of EXP and loot

Keknewal already does that with champion mobs but it doesn't really matter, people will just avoid them and continue grinding normal stuff, even if they give a fuckton of exp.

The whole map has to be tailored towards group play.

Everyone knows that. Did you think Leikashills in the previous threads were serious?

That server is garbage desu, if you want populated keknewal, go for iRO.

Why do you care where others are playing?

isn't it obvious? he doesn't have any friends in his bot-infested wasteland

Why play on a trashy iRO copy when you can play on iRO?

Maybe stop shilling then?

>Why do you care where others are playing?
>I want to remind you that leikacucks lost.
>NovaRO reigns supreme.
wew lad

I don't see any "shills" in his post. He was just making a statement.

No, he was shilling.

Man, novashills are even more pathetic than Psor. We didn't care about your garbage server and we won't no matter how hard you try.

>18 rates

Why.

Also people are literally useless at 30 EXP sharing range what the fuck, why party with someone shit if they can't do anything.

Also at those rates why have job changer and platinum NPCs, it's not like it'd be difficult to do the item gathering quests with those rates.

a level 30 archer can turn glast heim prison into a complete joke for a level 60 acolyte+swordsman comp.

everyone loves acolytes/priests/monks in general even if they're nothing more than buffers.

thief/assassin/rogue contributes safe melee damage at about any level via double attack or katar crits. maybe occasionally grimtoothing, raiding, or single-target blows or backstabs.

a freshly changed wizard after a few job levels is capable of meaningful contributions to a party of players who are in their 90s.

you are objectively wrong, but if you want your ~perfect and ideal party composition~ why do you give a shit why the party range is so wide in the first place when you're only going to play with your friends who tend to be around your level anyway

>Also people are literally useless at 30 EXP sharing range what the fuck, why party with someone shit if they can't do anything.
Bard and Dancer would like to have a word with you.

I think the biggest thing is that classes aren't balanced.

Pre-trans shit like Rogue, Alchemist, Blacksmith are pretty shitty in terms of fighting and partying.

>Blacksmith are pretty shitty in terms of partying
-/rog/

butthurt cucksmith

>no FREE flee like Sins or even Rogues to PvM
>muh basic attack damage

>meanwhile Knights, Sins and even fucking Monks have skills with %%% damage increase AND auto-attack builds

>b-but I buff people

>when Priests exist

when /rog/ so dead ya gotta masturbate again

DankRo save us pls

Seems like Rune Midgard server is back guys

My patch client seems to be doing it's thing anyway, will let you know how it be

wait didn't that server die I? I swear I looked it up and their site said it was dead yesterday.

It seems like they gotta the downloads up but not the servers yet

literally like July 5th they posted on facebook that they finished work and were flushing the old beta data

bampu grindu

lll play DoM I guess.

Sarah pinoys and really fucking annoying.

I wish I had a performer buddy on iRO.

I wish DankRO stayed more to a classic server than this trash.

>resetter
>job changer
>healer
>platinum skill NPC

> levels of EXP sharing

where is the level 255/120, 196 aspd server?

I just wanted to post this.

DankRO when?

Uh, no?
Shilling is like these:

That guy statement is the same as one saying that jRO is the best official server, iRO and kRO are shits, which is a fact.

She's my favorite!