Homebrew & Hacking General - /hbg/

MHG WHEN edition

Previous thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax, OOT3D and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon
-Pokémon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-5.6 may get released soon. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates.

Other urls found in this thread:

dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin
gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-running-ps-vita-backups.432912/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Vita hacks
When?

I wont ask you a second time nigger. Are you emulating them, or are they injections? if they are injected then you are fucked. I can bet both of my nuts that they are injected

No they are emulated

I can upload pics if you want? For proof

I'm trying to fucking hack my n3ds and I keep getting stuck on HAX INIIT... trying to downgrade to 9.0.2. I'm even opening an application before hand like it asks.

What do?

Fuck a9lh, fuck the guide, and fuck all of you

I love you too user.

so close

just 10 posts off

what entrypoint are you using

smashbrohax I'm on version 1.01 of smash and 3ds version 10.6.0-31U

im calling bullshit but if you are emulating then just use Gamesharks codes.

>smashhax
But... why?

I don't have anything else

anyone knows whats the difference from the vanilla XenobladeCX to the updated one?

also how to install updates on Loadiine?

I'm seeing something called BlargVC that claims to play SNES games on O3DS. Anyone tried that?

are we friends /hbg/?

You're just going to have to deal with it then. Get ready to spend an entire day trying to get past HAX INIT.

Fuck my boi pucci senpai, so I literally just have to keep trying?

yeah that's why, it's nearly impossible to downgrade with smashhax it will take it many many tries to even get it past hax init and after that you have to pray you don't partial downgrade or else you have to retry 100 more times to finish it just use another exploit

Can someone help me. I been stuck at browserhax section in attempt to use a9lh. The browser just keep crashing without any colour change

I had been trying about 50 times now. I am on 9.2 FW

Yeah, or buy a game with a better entrypoint.

Is PlaySys the best downgrader? Cause I want to use the software with the best chance

What's reverse rape?

yes but it's the entrypoint that matters

MHGEN LEAK WHEN? FUCK THIS STUPID HALFASSED TRANSLATED SHIT

But with a partial downgrade you can still install menuhax if I remember correctly.

Are there any nisekoi or oreimo games on 3ds?

What other entry points even are there? There is the expensive cubic ninja, the pokemon one that requires another 3ds, and oot3d

>initialize save data in browser
>go to sys settings
>set time and date to 1/1/2000 00:00
>press exit back to the home screen
>start camera
>scan browserhax QR code
>zoom all the way in
>click far right of slider
this is what makes it work for me, but i haven't updated to a9lh yet.

Side note, how do flash carts work with cfw? I'm still on 10.3 with rxtools from january (i have luma3ds but it doesn't boot into it until I do the 2.1 downgrade and install a9lh), would a r4i gold work for me to play DS games on?

Do they work the same way as cfw? How do you choose multiple games off a single cart?

Reset browser data and try again.

oh yeah forgot, still though with a partial downgrade you get alot more hax inits even with menuhax
freakyhax and that smilebasic thingy

Why does nobody here seem to know what internet search machines are?

Just downloaded a bunch of NCHH files, how do I build a CIA with makerom?

i forgot to add, if the system time makes it to 00:01 before you have loaded into browserhax then you have to restart from step 1 again

>wanna download the Chinese version
>but then I'd have to start over when the American version comes out
Wait, can the Korean version play with Americans? I fucking hate the Vietnamese, getting mhx a year early.

>Why do people come to my board to ask questions about the topic
Fuck off retard

>retard
the irony

Because people spoonfeed here

Did the guy who said he was working on MHX>MHGen save conversion ever get back? Just curious, I doubt the process will be much different from MH4G>4U but since we don't have a leak yet I cant try

i heard u can just transfer ur savefile. and it will work like magic

Yes i have tried that, it still not working.
So far i been trying this. Just 2 times now. Yet to success

what exactly happens though? like an error and you get kicked to the home menu?

are you getting to two colors? what happens when you get to browserhax?

Yes exactly. about 60 times now

No color or anything. When i click the slider it just crashed and kicked me to home menu with error message

are you sure you even downloaded the right version for your 3ds? you did the starterpack shit already?

Question: I formatted my emunand twice, and made a backup of the formatted emunand

However I'm about to go out and wanna game on the go, so I restored my original Luma emunand.

When I feel like continuing the guide, is it safe to just input the formatted emunand or do I have to do the whole "format your emunand twice" thing again?

Yes 9.2.0-20U. I have put the content of starter into the root of my sd. More specifically a folder called 3ds with all of its content and a boot.3dsx file.

How many times did you try again?

Once

Well, i think about 50-60 times now?

On part 5
>Reinsert your SD card into your 2.1.0 3DS
>Go to dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on your 3DS.

But it just freezes with a whitesh screen. Any help?

What's reverse rape?

Denying a womyn sex when she wants sex, and yes, it's illegal

Not existent.

Any alternative entry that i can use/vg? help

any of the other game exploits, browserhax should work fine though dunno what the problem could be

Wat
Source?

Did you "initialize savedata"?

Yes, I even tried changing the date. No dice.

pls respond. which flash cart should i get for DS games? i can already run 3ds games but i want to play 999 and strange journey

Is it possible to access the eShop without updating?

i guess you can try going to smea's site and download the 9.2 ropbin and rename it to browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin and put it on the root of your sd

>i forgot to add, if the system time makes it to 00:01 before you have loaded into browserhax then you have to restart from step 1 again
But it takes like 45 seconds to even exit the fucking time setting menu.
Why

>Nintendo didn't make it easy to glitch out there exploit prevention
Why

no freakyhax got taken off the eshop anyway

I actually already tried that too

it takes me 30 seconds

i have no idea then, did you downgrade to 9.2? maybe you have some weird partial downgrade where browserhax doesn't work idk

>a9lh is so easy they said

seriously fuck all of you

I upgraded from 4.2. So nothing i can do now?

>5 step guide
>It could just have been "downgrade and use the automated updater after backing up the 3DS folder"

I bet most of the people here talking shit don't even have it installed, and have no idea what they're doing, they're just edgy kids who want to insult everyone

I followed everything in this fucking guide perfectly, but nope Validation failed! Validation failed!

And the damn troubleshoot just says "restore and try again" even though that doesn't work. Googled and found a ton of people having this problem

So fuck you edgy piece of shit brats. Enjoy your shitty lives I'm gonna enjoy Luma because this is a piece of shit, you all are pieces of shit, and the maker of the guide and a9lh is a piece of shit

May the rest of your lives stay miserable and lonely. die

that may have had something to do with it, you'll need a game exploit now

Oh man. If this is not working for old FW. Plailect should have said it in the beginning. Well thanks /vg

Ayy

it does work that's why the 9.2 update part is in the guide im just saying something may have fucked up in the process

Now that i re-read this. I actually renamed it to browserhax_hblauncher_payload.bin. Will try with the name you suggested

You mean i am screwing up somewhere?. I am sure i followed all of it though

Any help here? I've tried cleaning all saves data but nothing.

lurk more

Hmm still no dice. Do i need a theme folder on my root SD?

nah just the update/downgrade, errors can still happen even if you have everything right, from the sound of it it seems it still has the old browser from your 4.2 since nothing is working and you never get any colors partial downgrades still have the right version number even though it's not finished so maybe that happened with the update though i've never seen it happen before

>Do i need a theme folder on my root SD?

I bet most of the people here talking shit don't even have it installed, and have no idea what they're doing, they're just edgy kids who want to insult everyone

I followed everything in this fucking guide perfectly, but nope Validation failed! Validation failed!

And the damn troubleshoot just says "restore and try again" even though that doesn't work. Googled and found a ton of people having this problem

So fuck you edgy piece of shit brats. Enjoy your shitty lives I'm gonna enjoy Luma because this is a piece of shit, you all are pieces of shit, and the maker of the guide and a9lh is a piece of shit

May the rest of your lives stay miserable and lonely. die.

Here's your (You).

Stay mad.

Now, I guess. You can already effectively pirate by sharing activations.
gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-running-ps-vita-backups.432912/

So what does this mean?

Can I stack pirated accounts on top of each other?

I need to cough up for a 64GB Vita card?

So do you need an actual friend or can any faggot online give me his backups? Is it a hassle for him?

>tfw updated to 3.57
my vita is worthless
and so am I

kek

>tfw was on the verge of updating to 3.55 to get Cyber Sluts
Thank god I'm still on 3.52.

>tfw updated to 3.55 to get Cyber Sluts
Kill me now